Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Summertime

6

by PartyPoisen 0 reviews

as always co-writer poppana. the genius behind Rose. writer of Fly away and learn to fly

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2013-06-27 - 2549 words

0Unrated
What began as a perfectly normal day ended up being completely crap. Rose woke up as usual, threw on some cute clothes and after being screamed at by her sister that they were going to be late, their father drove them to school. They received the ‘no boys, no drugs, no alcohol, no skipping school, obey your teachers unless they’re assholes’ speech and were released into the wilderness that is public high school education.

The real twist of the day came up at health education. Rose hated this class. Usually it was just one hour a day of rolling condoms on cucumbers and that was always followed by a speech of how abstinence was the right choice for high school students. It had stopped being awkward and embarrassing a long time ago, and now most of the students spent their time avoiding the teacher’s words.

“Today we are going to begin a very exciting new project,” the teacher said, resting her hands on her enormously pregnant belly. “As you all know, the school’s official stance is abstinence, and we would love for you to get a small taste of parenthood. So next time you think about getting intimate with that special someone, you will remember this little project and think twice, alright? Does that sound like fun?”

She didn’t get much attention from the class, but Rose did hear somebody comment on how this particular teacher was unmarried and pregnant, yet still saw fit to preach about this stuff to them. What did end up catching the full attention of the class was the horrifying, gut-wrenching screech of a baby. For a second there Rose thought the teacher had given birth, but no, the belly was still in place, and on her arm the woman was holding a plastic baby in a blue onesie.

“You will be divided into pairs of one boy and one girl, and each pair will receive their own little bundle of plastic joy, and you will take care of these little ones for an entire three weeks. The babies will need to be fed, burped, changed, and if you neglect these duties, they will scream.”

After a short explanation of the sensors inside the toys, she began to read out the pairs. Rose was glad for Romy for getting to do this project with Kevin, they would do it well. And when they picked up their little baby, they were already bickering about names. Rose was so concentrated on Romy and Kevin that she missed her own name, and was surprised when a plastic baby boy was slammed onto her desk, startling her.

“So,” a deep voice said, and Rose could practically hear the smug grin in his voice. It sent shivers of horror down her spine. “Looks like we get to spend some time together again.”

_____________________


Romy smiled from next to Kevin as they sat down in health class. They usually tried to freak the other out with the goat balls in a jar and the pictures of genitals and what not and they were doing that till there was a loud bang on a table catching everyones attention. There on the front table was a doll dressed in a blue onsie. Romy looked at Kevin and smiled knowing what was to happen next.
.
"Okay people be careful with these babies or else you will be sorry. I don't wanna hear that the mothers did all the work. Guys you need to be dads."
.
Babies were passed out and just with Romy and Kevin's luck they got a little girl.
.
"Keeva." Kevin said.
.
"Ramona." Romy said at the same time as Kevin.
.
"That is to common." Kevin protested
.
"That is to odd. MY daughter will NOT be named Keeva."
.
"Lock. Simple and...." Kevin started
.
"NOT A NAME."
.
They were to busy arguing that they didn't realize class was over. Romy grabbed her fake plastic baby and walked toward the door with Kevin right behind her just as frustrated as her.

....................................................
._____________________

“So what do you wanna name it?” Ben asked, throwing an arm around Rose’s shoulders. She had managed to escape from him right after health ed, but now at lunch hour she didn’t really have a choice.

Cradling the baby in her arms, Rose glared up at him. “He, not it. And I was thinking maybe River or Sheldon.”

Ben scoffed. “Don’t be ridiculous,” he laughed. “It’s gotta be something powerful like Pro or Kyle or something. Kyle it is!”

Rose sighed. “Fine, whatever. Just, I’ll have him today and you can have him tomorrow.”

“No,” Ben shook his head. “No I think it’s better we do this together. You know, spend some time together. Hey we have a son, don’t we, we owe it to him to get to know each other a little better.” He slid his hand down her back and when it came dangerously close to her butt, she flinched. Instinctively she looked around the cafeteria for her sister, but Romy was right across the room and deep in conversation with her friends and baby daddy.

“Please don’t do that,” Rose said, holding the plastic doll a little closer to her chest when Ben’s hand traveled up her bare leg; this was a bad day to wear a skirt.

“What do you say you come over after school, yeah? I’ll see you at the parking lot at three. We still have to write that essay, and with my way of working, it’s going to take us all week.”

Rose knew there was absolutely no way of getting away from him; it was true, they had to write an essay together. However, she wanted to do it somewhere where she could at least have somebody she trusted close. “My house,” she said and got up from the table when the baby started to cry. “I’ll go change him. Excuse me.”

_______________________
.
.
.
Lunch flew came alot faster than expected with a room full of babies crying full blast during history. Benjamin even had the balls to say out loud, "Even the babies think this class sucks."
.
Kevin held the girl in her stained pink onsie well Romy thought up names that they would hopefully both like.
.
" I like the name Leniah." Romy said hoping to not start another argument.
.
"Locklyn. A mix of both that we like."
.
"I love it." Romy said looking at Kevin and his goofy smile.
.

.
"She needs a new outfit. This one is just to stained." Kevin said looking down at the doll.
.
"Agreed."
.
.


Romy spent no time wasting as she fed and changed her infant fake baby who kept crying. . Kevin had given it a shot and tried to sooth her but had no luck whats so ever.
.
"I told you we were gonna have extra fun today." Romy teased as the rest of the group walked up.
.
Vandol held his 'daughter' in his jacket as he sat down with Sage. Max was doing the same with his son as he sat down opposite Romy and Kevin.
.
"Meet.... Suril." Vandol said pointing at his chest.
.
"And Liam." Max said pointing at his own.
.
"Locklyn." Kevin said point at the baby in his lap.
.
"So you ready to die Kev?" Max asked, scooping food in his mouth.
.
"Why?"
.
"Well Romy with a baby walking in her home where a homicidal maniac lives is not a good thing when YOU'RE the father. You wont be alive long enough for Romy to explain that it is a fake baby."


.
.
________________________

Rose didn’t even know what she was doing there. Her hand hovered above the door knob of Duncan’s bathroom, and she hesitated. This was too wrong. She knew what he did, yet she hardly even cared. Romy had told her about Duncan, and their dad would absolutely freak out if he knew what sort of a person she was socializing with... But then again. She was already blowing off a gym class for this, might as well go through with it.

She entered the bathroom, and she wasn’t surprised to find that there was nobody there. Rose had no idea when Duncan had his business hours, so this was kind of a long shot. Sighing, the blonde girl turned to leave the bathroom and instead of a door, she found herself facing Duncan.

“What are you doing here?” Duncan asked after a moment of awkward silence. He passed by her, hopped onto the counter with the sinks and laid down his backpack. He was still wearing the same clothes as he had on the night of the dance; his beanie, hoodie and jeans looked as shabby as they had then, and actually the only difference was the match in the corner of his mouth that he was chewing.

“Um... I’m not entirely sure, actually;” Rose admitted. Now that he was there, she actually felt quite nervous. She wasn’t afraid of him like she was of Ben, but Duncan had this strangely intimidating aura about him.

“You wanna buy something or?”

Rose shook her head. “No, nothing like that. I don’t... It’s so bad for your skin. And my dad... Well, whatever,” she rambled.

“What’s up with the kid?” Duncan asked, nodding his head at the plastic baby on Rose’s arm.
.

Rose remembered the plastic baby and explained: “It’s a school project. You know, take care of a baby for a week, it’s supposed to teach you stuff about abstinence and things...”

“How’s that working out for you?”

Rose sighed. She knew what he meant. Of course, he meant her little outburst at the dance about how she lost her virginity. He sat with his back against the mirror, and Rose walked to the sinks as well. Duncan watched her as she set the baby down on the counter and dropped her purse from her shoulder to the elbow. “I’m doing the project with Ben,” she said after hesitating. She wasn’t sure why she was talking to him, but he seemed... Well, easier. “It was assigned partners. My sister gets to do it with her boyfriend, of course.”

“Yeah from what I’ve heard, it’s not the only thing they’re doing,” Duncan laughed. “It’s a shame she’s wasting her time on that dick, your sister’s hot.”

Rose glanced at him in surprise. “You think so?” She felt a strange pang of jealousy. Nervously she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. “I mean not that it’s any of my business but... Is that like your type?”

“Why do you want to know?”

Rose shrugged. “No reason. Well, umm, I just wanted to thank you I guess. For taking me home from the dance. It was really a sweet thing to do.”

“Sweet?” Duncan repeated. He spat out the match he was chewing and it hit the floor, disappearing under the door of a stall. Rose suddenly realized where she was, and she stared at Duncan with wide eyes. This was so weird. Why was she in a school bathroom with a 16 year old drug dealer?!

“I really need to go,” she announced, picking up the baby. “I’ll see you around.”

“Rose!” he called after her, and something, she didn’t know what, compelled her to stop and turn to him. “You wanna have lunch tomorrow?”

Nervously, Rose brushed back her blonde hair. “Uh... I really don’t know. And our lunch hours might not even be at the same time, I mean... I’d love to, but...”

Duncan hopped down from the counter. “Tell you what, I’ll be here all day tomorrow. You come here, we’ll have lunch, or you don’t come and that’s fine too. Whatever you want. Oh, but... Don’t bring the kid.”

Rose left the bathroom in a hurry after that. Have lunch with him? And what, eat a sandwich he’s sneaked some cocaine into? Then again...

Well, the idea of having lunch with Duncan made her stomach swirl in that very good way that made her smile. The only thing that could ruin that feeling was the knowledge that after school, she’d have to deal with Benjamin.
.
_________________________________________________
.
.

Romy and Kevin had gone back to her place to shock the cap out of her dad after they made a quick stop at a baby's R us for a cheap onsie to replace the crap one that the school had on the doll. the baby even got her own cheap blanket. As soon as Romy and Kevin opened the door Gerard was right there waiting.
.
"Why are you holding a baby?" He asked as his nose started to flair.
.
"Well.... We are...."
.

"You knock up my daughter you sick bastard!" Gerard yelled at Kevin as he went to grab him by the collar. His nose was flaring and the vein on the side of his head was now thumping. the magical muscles he never had even showed up to help him kill Kevin.
.
"No. This a school project dad." Romy interjected as she hopped between her dad and guy friend. "Don't kill my baby daddy. I need him to help with the report that we need to write together to get a passing grade.
.
"Don't lie to ME Romy." Gerard's face was now turning redder and redder.
.
"Max was right." Kevin smiled not aware of the danger he was STILL in.
.
"It is a health class thing dad. Rose has one too. We both have babies right now and you will have to deal with or I'm going to mothers." Romy said dramatically.
.
"You're gonna take a test." Gerard said walking to the kitchen and getting his keys. "I'm gonna go buy it right now."
.
"Can you say over-dramatic?" Kevin asked taking the doll from Romy. "He didn't even ask for his grand kids name."

.
"He's gonna kill you if you keep that up. Seriously he is not one to mes with."
.
.
.
.
True to his word Gerard had come back home withseveral tests of different brands and went on the hunt for his daughter only to see his other daughter in the kitchen with some guy he did not reconize right away.
.
.
"Dad.... Shhhh. Come here." Romy whispered from the hall way.
.
.
Gerard walked over to her and gave her the bag of pregnancy tests and was about to bark orders to take them when Romy tugged his shirt down to silence him.
.
.
"You let HIM hear us and I will personally slap you dad. I don't trust him and so far I have prevented him from trying to feel her up. So shush up." Romy snapped quietly.
.
.
Gerard's attention went to Rose and the huge football player in the dining room typing up something well the jock leaned on a plastic baby similar to the one Romy had earlier. He stormed over and was gonna yell at Rose but a grunt interupted him. Romy had sent him death glares so all he could do was sit in the main kitchen area and watch his daughter interact with the dumb jock who now noticed the crazy dad was home and kept his hands to himself.




.
Sign up to rate and review this story