Categories > Original > Fantasy > These Four Walls

Escape

by AlexisSCREAM 2 reviews

They need an escape or a release.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2013-07-02 - 730 words

5Moving
Daeo stared out of the window, looking down on the street below him. Cars drove past and people strolled passed in shorts and sandals. Daeo sighed. He really didn’t want to give Roderick and Hoshi the disease of immortality, but if those two were insisting, then what could he do? He didn’t want to watch them waste away due to their loneliness. Stepping away from the window, Daeo looked around at his white room, which was covered in posters. The floor was a black wood and the bed sheets were red. Daeo’s purple eyes glanced briefly at the posters above his bed; three of Brian Molko. He bit his lip and a small bead of blood appeared.
“Fuck,” he hissed, licking the metallic red from his bottom lip. He walked over to his mirror and opened his mouth. His teeth were sharper today. Daeo sunk to the floor, his fringe spreading and covering both of his eyes. He knew what that meant. He couldn’t stop them now, couldn’t help them now. It was too late. He’d cursed his new friends. A single tear escaped from Daeo’s right eye as he mumbled three words to himself, over and over again.
“Do not cry,”

Hoshi was sitting in front of her laptop, typing away furiously to someone she’d met online. His name was Kyou, but he preferred to be called Takashi. He was 20 years old, and from Japan. His English was pretty poor, so they’d mostly communicate in Japanese. He would tell her about his tattoos and she’d tell him about her precious drum kit. Most of their conversations were fun – teasing one another about something ridiculous, but it was an escape for Hoshi, nonetheless. She couldn’t tell her brother; she knew he’d prevent her from talking to Takashi because he was six years older than her. Hoshi smiled as she reread the messages.
TakaKiKo – Seriously, I need a tattoo of a tattoo or something.
StarsOfHope – Not admuch as I need some drums.
TakaKiKo – You’d probably get them on your face or something.
StarsOfHope – Probably :3 But at least I’ll admit it.
TakaKiKo –Hey, that’s not fair.
StarsOfHope – Totally fair, actually.
Hoshi’s face fell as she received the next message.
TakaKiKo – My dad’s invited me round, so I have to go and all that, see you!
StarsOfHope – Bye!
Hoshi frowned. Takashi didn’t live with his family, and from what Hoshi understood, Takashi’s dad wasn’t a nice guy. Concerned, Hoshi pushed her laptop onto her bed and walked over to her drum kit.

Kyo sat in his room, headphones blasting loud music into his ears and he played pointless games on his computer. He wanted to call Roderick, to explain exactly what immortality meant, but he felt that it was pointless. Everything was pointless. There was no way Roderick would really want him (Why would anyone want him? All he saw was ugly) and Kyo felt used. Roderick must’ve used him. Kyo felt sick. Why would Roderick do that to him? Why? Kyo balled his hands up into fists and his body quivered as he began to cry. He glanced down at the left arm, which was covered with bracelets, and used his left hand to push up the right sleeve of his hoodie. He saw hundreds of faded, layered scars and sighed, but still reached underneath his computer keyboard and pulled out a razor blade. He pierced the flesh multiple times, and allowed the blood to flood down onto his jeans, and even let some drip down onto the red carpet. He was such a slut. A pathetic, useless slut.

Roderick knew it had happened. He couldn’t really tell how, but it felt like something inside him had changed. It was almost as if someone had flicked a switch in the deepest depth of his brain. He felt able to sense more, able to do more. Roderick felt like he could communicate with others more easily; he felt as if he had more freedom. But, the thought of not begin able to die also scared him. What if things got too much? How could he escape? The questions buzzed around his head, so he reached a tentative hand out for his guitar. Reality was strange and scary. He needed an escape.
Sign up to rate and review this story