Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Summertime

7

by PartyPoisen 0 reviews

Co-written by the great almighty Poppana. Creator of Learn To Fly and Fly Away. She is responsible of the charactor Rose.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2013-07-08 - Updated: 2013-07-09 - 2976 words

0Unrated
“Rose! Wait up!”
.
The blonde teen halted in the middle of the corridor and looked back at her sister. Romy ran up to her and her gang of those three guys that were always hanging around her followed. “Hey Romy, what’s up?”
.
“You wanna come have lunch with us? The babies could play together,” Romy said, cradling the plastic baby in her arms. Kevin, the proud fake-father, stood behind the fake-mother like a protective bodyguard.
.
Rose glanced down at the baby boy she had in her own arms. She was glad Ben didn’t show nearly as much interest in this plastic creature as Kevin did. “Actually, I was going to go see a teacher,” Rose quickly thought up a lie.
.
“What teacher?” Romy asked curiously.
.
“Uh... French. Yeah, it’s a homework thing.”
.
Romy narrowed her eyes suspiciously. “You don’t even take french, do you?”
.
Rose opened her mouth to reply, but nothing came out. Nervously she looked around the corridor and felt her palms get sweaty as she gripped on the baby tighter. “What’s that there?!” Rose suddenly shouted, pointing at something behind Romy. Luckily the girl turned to look, so Rose had a chance to slip away.
.
“Dude, what the hell is wrong with your sister?” Vandol asked Romy as the blonde teen was running away from them as fast as she could in those heels she was wearing, with her purse flying wildly around on her arm.
.
“I ask myself the same every day,” Romy sighed. “Oh well, let’s go to lunch. I’m starving!”
.
“You’re going to be fat,” Max pointed out jokingly.
.
Offended to her very core, Romy slapped his arm lightly. “Shut up! I’m technically eating for two now!” she snapped, gesturing at the plastic baby.
.
"A plastic kid aint suckling your chest for anything. You are just getting fat."
.
Romy gently handed her plastic daughter to Kevin and threw a blow to his arm, making him screech out in pain.
.
"Shut up dirt bag. Before I pop ya a new one." Romy smiled.
.
.
__________________________

Rose sat on the bathroom floor, with her cute new Hello Kitty lunch box on her lap. Duncan’s hoodie was spread under her because according to her, the floor is icky. Duncan’s butt was squeezed onto the hoodie as well, but mostly because Rose insisted that he’d catch an infection even though he was wearing jeans that were probably dirtier than the floor itself.
.
“I don’t know how you can live on this stuff,” Duncan said, shaking his head in disbelief as he stuck his fork into the lunchbox, stabbing a grape and some lettuce, and stuffed it in his mouth. Rose had made enough lunch for both of them, but she hadn’t anticipated that he might not find salad and non-fat bread sticks as appetizing as she did.

“It’s healthy,” Rose shrugged. “And it’s good!”

“It’s rabbit food,” Duncan pointed out.

“I once had a rabbit, and he did not eat salad,” Rose told him. “Well, he was both mine and Romy’s, and she kept feeding him carrot cake. He ended up being so fat because he ate one carrot cake a day, and he wouldn’t eat anything else. We ended up swiping our dad’s wallet so we could buy more carrot cake... We got caught after about two weeks, it wasn’t fun.”
.
“What happened to the rabbit?” Duncan asked. He picked up the bottle of vitaminwater Rose had brought along and he noticed the pink lipstick stains at the neck of the bottle, but took a swig of it anyway.

“We never found out. We took him outside to the yard to get some exercise, and for a fat bunny he was surprisingly fast when he ran away. We never saw him again.”

“He probably got ran over by a car or something, then.”

Rose stared at him in shock. “That’s really horrible!”

Duncan shrugged. “That’s life.”

For a short moment they ate in silence, taking turns in stabbing the grapes, cucumber and lettuce in the lunch box. Then Rose decided to ask the question that had been bothering her for a while.

“Why do you do this? This whole drug business thing.” She didn’t dare look at him in the eyes when she asked this. She knew it was kind of a personal thing to ask about, but if there was one major flaw in Rose, then it was her complete lack of consideration for other people.

Duncan didn’t reply for a moment. Then, she saw him set down his fork and he leaned against the wall they were sitting near. “Rose, I don’t know how to say this.”

“What?”

“I’m not like you. You have these fancy ass clothes and expensive technology and mini bottles of scented hand sanitizer,” he said. “I don’t know what your parents do but obviously you come from money and you’re pretty spoiled. I don’t have that so I have to do things by myself to get by. I wouldn’t expect you to understand.”

Rose looked down, her cheeks reddening from embarrassment. “I’m sorry I asked.”

“So you don’t deny it?” he suddenly asked. “Being spoiled?”

A sad smile spread on her lips and she shrugged. “I guess not. I mean, I love all this, I love cute clothes and oh my gosh this strawberry-scented hand sanitizer is to die for and I’ve never worked a day in my life... Well, once dad forced me to clean a toilet but when I told my mom about it, she bought me a purse to make up for it. But...”

“But?”

“I don’t know, I suppose I sort of wished there was more to me than just that. You know? I love dressing up and looking cute, though let’s face it, that’s hardly a struggle,” she said, making Duncan roll his eyes, “but sometimes I do wish people took me more seriously. Everybody takes Romy seriously. Maybe it’s because she has split-ends and I don’t.”

“Everybody takes Romy seriously because if they don’t, she will punch them in the balls.”

Rose giggled. “That’s true.”

“So is that why you’re here?” Duncan suddenly asked. “You’re tired of being the spoiled little princess so you’re making buddies with the horrible poor drug-dealer you found in a bathroom? That’s all a bit Aladdin, isn’t it?”

Rose shook her head vigorously. “No no, that’s not it at all!” The blonde girl’s cheeks reddened to match the light pink blusher, and she cleared her throat, looking away from him. “Um, actually, the truth is, I mean, the reason why I’m here is... Well, I suppose I do sort of like you a bit.”

Duncan remained silent, but Rose heard the crunch of him biting on a piece of cucumber. She glanced at him and saw that he was staring at her thoughtfully. He was quite cute, she thought, and felt quite anxious as his silence dragged on.

“So...” Rose began when she still got no reply. “I suppose that means you don’t like me. Is it because I’m so spoiled? Oh my god, it can’t be the hair, can it?” she gasped in horror and stood up, running her fingers through her perfectly shiny and neat hair as she watched her reflection in the stained, dirty mirror.

“Rose, you don’t want to like me,” Duncan finally answered, standing up as well. “You think you do because it’s exciting and different but you really don’t. And you really shouldn’t.”

Rose looked at him in surprise. “Because of YOUR hair? Oh, I mean yeah it’s a bit lifeless but it’s nothing a comb and some hairspray can’t fix, in fact I have some in my locker if you want.”

“It has nothing to do with hair,” he explained, rolling his eyes again. “It has to do with the fact that you go to cheerleading practice and have expensive sushi delivered to you to have for lunch at school, while I’m some shady guy in a dirty bathroom, selling drugs.”

Understanding dawned on Rose, but for some reason she still smiled. “Well, that may be true but... I’m not having sushi, am I? I’m sitting on the floor of your dirty bathroom, sharing a salad from a Hello Kitty lunch box meant for kindergarteners. Duncan, I like you, and if you like me too, none of that should matter, should it?”

Duncan nodded. “But they’re gonna laugh at you. They’re gonna think you’re weird like your sister.”

Rose shrugged and laughed. “Romy seems to be able okay with it, why shouldn’t I?”

Duncan sighed. He looked at the girl before him and couldn’t believe it. There was a smile on her face, but it was faltering, and her green eyes were strangely bright in the dim light of the bathroom. He caught a glance of himself in the mirror behind Rose, and saw the jeans that hadn’t been washed in like two years and the beanie on his head that he had bought from a flea market for a buck. Compared to all that, seeing Rose stand there in her white top and her plaid light pink skirt, she just looked pure like new snow.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Duncan sighed. “Yeah, of course I like you, too.”

Rose squealed in triumph and announced: “YES! I can’t wait to tell Romy!” Then she realized something. “Oh, but... Romy doesn’t like you. Oh my gosh, I probably shouldn’t tell her, right? Oh well. So, we’re like, together now, right?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

They stood in silence for a moment, but in their heads they couldn’t stay quiet. Rose’s cheeks had gone way past the red of her blusher, and she couldn’t stop herself from staring at him with a stupid smile. She couldn’t remember feeling like that with Ben. Or with any other boyfriend she’d ever had, for that matter. Inside Duncan’s head, a similar battle was going on. Oh, he wanted to kiss her, but it felt wrong. All the other girls he’d ever been with, they never came with this sort of problems. But Rose, it felt like if he touched her, he would be jumping into a pile of freshly fallen, pure white snow and making it messy and dirty and ugly.

“Duncan?” Rose said softly, her eyes lingering on his lips before she looked up at his eyes and saw his were as fixed on her as hers were on him.

“Yeah?”

“Maybe in this century?” she suggested, and she was glad he heeded her advice. Obviously, he was glad she had suggested it as well, because he wouldn’t have been able to what he’d wanted otherwise.

It was the most wonderful feeling. His lips brushed against hers, and immediately she also felt his fingertips against her waist. It sent shivers down her spine, it made her stomach do a twirl, it made her shoulders tense up. It was exciting and calming all at the same time. Duncan’s tongue gained access past her lips, he could taste the cucumber and he knew her lipstick was probably sticking to his own lips, but at the moment he couldn’t care any less. Rose’s arms wrapped around his shoulders, the fingers of her other hand grabbed his beanie while the other hand ran its fingers through his fluffy and hairspray-less hair. Her touch was bolder than his, but when he felt her twirl his hair around a finger, his hand touched the bare skin on her arm and he ran it up the warmth of her skin, all the way to her neck. But that was when she broke the kiss. He made an attempt to reach for her again, but she turned her head and laughed.

“Duncan,” she giggled. “Can’t you hear?”

All of a sudden, a wave of music rushed into his brain. He realized that a phone was ringing in Rose’s purse, which still laid discarded on the floor.

“It’s been ringing for a while,” she told him before giving him one last peck on the lips. Rose escaped from between him and the sinks that he’d pushed her against, and went to her purse. Duncan wiped the lipstick stains from his face onto the sleeve of his black hoodie while Rose answered the phone.

“What’s up?” Rose said, with a stupid smile still on her lips. But as she listened to the person on the phone, her smile faded and turned into horror. She glanced at the sparkly white watch on her wrist and showed it to Duncan without saying a word about it. To his shock, it was already 5 o’clock, and school had ended hours ago.

“How mad is dad?” Rose asked who Duncan was assuming to be Romy. “Oh no, I’ll be home in like thirty minutes!”

She hung up and hurriedly started re-applying her lipstick. “I can’t believe we were here for hours. Dad is freaking out. He’s threatening to burn my sparkly silver Jimmy Choo shoes with the cute heart pendants! You have your car, right? Take me home! This is a matter of life and death! And shoes!”
.
.
................................................................................................
.
.
"Romy!" Kevin ran over with the guys behind him toward Romy who was sleep deprived.
.
"Hey.... What's wrong?" Kevin asked when he seen the bags under her eyes.
.
"Dad was pist and it made it worse when Rose came home late and REFUSED to tell anyone what she was really doing. And now my dad and the guys are in talks of the new album
I am pissed and exhausted. I will talk to you all later on. I am gonna slack off in the low halls. See ya."
.
Romy made her way passed the halls and the busy bodies on her way to the back of the school. Everything was in a slow motion around her as if she was was the only one going at regular speed with the baby against her chest. The halls were bug infested and smelled of piss and shit but Romy loved it down there. It was her own safe Haven from everything around her.
.
Today started off bad. She had stayed up till 3 am doing homework cause the day was spent with Kevin and their doll. Then she was woken up by Rose at 5 when she had started talking in her sleep. She was able to fall back asleep.then the argument of the night before replayed in her head. Her dad was upset about Rose being out and then he started steressing about about the new album he was working on and he was just being loud. Lindsey was gone till after 8 pm so Romy and Rose had fed, bathed and read to Bandit before putting her to bed. Then the damn baby doll refused to stop crying. It was a long night and horrible morning for Romy so she was not in a good mood.
.
So there she was sitting on the one part of the ground not wet by gosh knows what falling asleep with a plastic baby as her pillow on the cold floor. That was where she woke up around 3rd period which was second to last class of the day. Well she slept most of the day away so she decided to ditch the rest of the day as she made her way up the steps with her doll who luckily had not cried all day for some odd reason. The halls were empty and it would be a clean get away but nothing ever happpens the way you plan it. Romy was almost at the door when some jock from the football team turned the corner.
.
"Well isn't it Romy Gay."
.
"Go the fuck away jock." Romy sneered, holding her doll tightly to her chest.
.
"What are you gonna do about it? You don't have friends around." he remarked as he walked closer to her.
.
Romy wasn't in the mood to fight so she just rolled her eyes and tried to go around him only for him to reblock her way smirking like a idiot. Romy looked up at him and could only stare at him. He had green emerald eyes and sandy hair that was short and choppy on top with a full face. Random freckles too. She was to busy examining his face that she didn't notice him push her against a wall and trap her there.
.
"You okay Freak?" He asked as she finally broke from her trance.
.
Romy tried shoving him but he didn't move. Last resort she kneed him in the groin and ran off as he laid there clutching himself. She could only smile as she got outside and walked across the parking lot to get to the road leading home. The only down fall was the fact that her history teacher Mr. Bai was walking in with his lunch.
.
"Romy? What are you doing out of class at this hour?"
.
.
"Being chased by jock." She snapped as she continued to walk away only to be grabbed by the short fat teacher.
.
.
She went into a state of panic and started to hit him with the baby doll till he released her. She snaped out of her panic and realized what she did so she turned around and walked into the school to the office since she would end up in there any ways.
............................................................

.
Sign up to rate and review this story