Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

Winter

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Winter sets in and Kato's mother is a little more chatty than she used to be.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2013-07-15 - 225 words - Complete

0Unrated
Winter

December 10th, 1948.

Snow

I was becoming a man and my mother kept reminding me of this.

"You are so handsome, Iwao-kun," she told me as she worked with her dried irises. I took it all with a smile.

"Yes, Mother," I said.

"I wonder when you'll get married," she said.

"Say what?" I asked as I pretended not to hear her ramblings.

"I want to be a grandmother soon," she said. "I'll have to start arranging your marriage soon."

"But, I'm only fourteen years old," I said.

"Even more so to find you a wife!" she said.

"Where?" I asked.

"I'll find you wife," Mother said.

"But, I'm going to be a priest." I looked around when I heard her laughing. Just by her tone I could tell that she was smiling at me.

"What?" I asked. She turned around with the smile that I predicted she would have.

"Don't be silly, my son!" she said. "Priests can get married in the Shinto religion. After all, your father married me." I don't know what I found creepier—her tone or her smiling the whole time. I slowly backed into the hallway.

"I'll be in my room if you need me," I said.

"Okay," my mother replied. I ran down the hall. I think I liked her better when she was more of a zombie.
Sign up to rate and review this story