Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > TERRA

Prom Night, part I: The Prank

by AzelmaandEponine 0 reviews

Kathryn pulls the prank; Terra...doesn't react well.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Terra - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-07-15 - 1163 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans or Carrie.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Terra sat there, unable to believe it. They’d won? They’d really won?

Kori beamed at her.

“Go on,” she said. “You won!”

“Congratulations,” Dick said. Gar got up and offered his hand to her. Smiling broadly, she took it as he helped her up. She’d never been so happy in her life. Everyone was clapping wildly. Terra and Gar walked towards the stage, Gar holding Terra’s arm. It was 9:36.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kathryn licked her lips. It was nearly time to pull the rope. They’d be up there any minute now.

“What if they hadn’t won?” Frank whispered to her.

“I rigged it,” Kathryn said. “They were guaranteed to win. Coma did what I asked her to.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
When they were on stage, Terra was handed a bouquet of flowers, and a scepter was thrust into Gar’s hand. A tiara was placed on her head, and a crown was placed on Gar’s. The band began to play the school song as Wally West began snapping photos for the yearbook. It was 9:37.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“They’re there,” Frank whispered to her. “You have to pull it now.”

Kathryn gave a weak tug at the rope. She was suddenly very nervous to pull the rope.

“I knew you wouldn’t have the guts to do it,” Frank continued. “I got the blood. I’m not pulling the rope for you. That bucket can sit up there until Hell freezes over for all I care.”

“Shut up!” Kathryn hissed at him. The school song continued to play. It was now or never. She yanked the rope.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

From Prom Night: the Case of Terra Markov by Victor Stone

When the bucket went, nearly everyone was shocked into silence. Coma Anders and Billy Numbers, however, were howling with laughter, probably because they were in on the prank. It wasn’t that hard to figure out that they were in on it, since both were supposed to collect the ballots, and Billy was late collecting the ballots—he was only in time to collect a few. Coma ended up collecting most of them, and later, ballots that said Dick and Kori won were found in the dumpster after Prom Night.
Gar was furious. He shouted,

“What the hell?” but before he could do anything more, he was hit in the head with the bucket, rendering him unconscious. But everyone had already started laughing. I was, too. It wasn’t funny, but we all laughed anyway. I suppose it was because she was Terra Markov. Watching Terra fit in that night was amazing, but then that happened. We’d always laughed at Terra, so we laughed. When Terra realized that everyone was laughing at her, she snapped. That was when the slaughter began.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Terra was suddenly soaked in something warm and wet. The clapping and the cheering died away instantly. She stood there, dripping. Looking down at herself, Terra was mortified to see that she was covered with blood. There were a couple people howling with laughter. She was vaguely aware of Gar shouting something, and then a bucket came down and hit him in the head. He collapsed to the ground, unconscious. After that, another person started laughing, followed by another one, and soon they were all laughing. They were laughing at her again.

Tears pooled in her eyes. She’d been so stupid, thinking someone had actually cared for her—who would care about her? She was just some awkward little reject, who didn’t have enough confidence to speak above a whisper. She remembered what her mother had told her:

‘They’re all going to laugh at you.’

Her mother had been right. They’d fooled her into coming to this prom, and gotten her in front of everyone and made her the butt of the joke again.

Why won’t they stop laughing, I want them to stop laughing, why won’t they stop, why won’t they stop? Terra thought in despair. Suddenly, her despair transformed into rage. Terra snarled.

How dare they? How dare they laugh at me, when I’m about to cry, when I want them to stop? I never did anything to them!

She could make them stop laughing. It was time for her to laugh at them for once. She reached out with her mind, and slammed both sets of double doors closed, and held them there. The laughing gave way to screams of panic as the students pushed desperately at the doors. She felt a sort of twisted pleasure. It was almost funny, watching her tormentors scream in terror. They were trapped by her, the girl they once laughed at. She could easily turn the sprinklers on, ruin their hair and their dresses, and she could laugh at them for once—

She reached out with her mind again, and the sprinklers turned on. This caused everyone to panic even more.

Who’s laughing now? Terra thought with vindictive pleasure. She telekinetically pushed the water, which was quickly pooling on the floor, away from herself. Principal Jones climbed on stage and began to shout into the microphone, trying to tell everyone to calm down. He made the mistake of grabbing it, and found himself unable to let go.

Terra watched in morbid fascination as he jerked and twitched, his eyes bulging, and hair standing up on end.

He looks funny, Terra noticed. It was at that point that Terra went off the deep end. They can all look funny!

Reaching out with her powers, she gave a powerful yank, and some of the lights went out. The microphone emitted sparks, and the mural burst into flames.

Calling even more upon her powers, she threw the gym into even more chaos, overturning tables and chairs, and a basketball backboard was ripped loose and crushed a girl Terra recognized as Coma Anders.

By now the remaining people were few. She saw the teacher who always made fun of her. She telekinetically picked up some crackling cords, and wrapped them around him. He jerked and twitched, just as Principal Jones had.

At the other end of the room, Toni Monetti, who was next to a black cord connected to the band equipment, was jerking and twitching, and her whole dress was on fire. She fell forward, still twitching.

As the last of the people in the gym perished, she slowly walked down the stage steps and towards the doors, careful to use her powers to keep the water away from herself. She coldly regarded the bodies of her fellow students, the bodies of some of her teachers, and the roaring fire that was now in the gym. She felt a very slight doubt in her. Had she really done that? She blinked, and the doubt was gone.

When she reached the doors, they swung open. She slowly walked out and exited the school as Murakami High School erupted in flames behind her.
Sign up to rate and review this story