Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon a Chord

Chapter One

by lalatherapist16 1 review

(Nicole's POV) What do you think will happen with us, Gee? Will we change the world?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-19 - 1086 words

0Unrated
"Nickie!!" I jumped at my name. My hair was in a tangled mess on my head and I was in my outfit already. "You'll be late for your lesson with the boys!"

I gasped and sat up, grabbing my brush. I yanked it through my hair, cringing in pain with each stroke. "I'll be out in a minute!" I told mom, stepping into my shoes. My guitar sat on my chair, waiting.


How could I have fell back asleep? I grabbed a hair tie and pulled my hair up into it. "Honestly dear, it's Summer. If you want to miss a couple lessons you can. You're doing too much for a ten year old."

I grabbed my guitar and opened my door. "I'm not missing any lessons. And I'm not doing too much. All I have to do is guitar and Russian lessons."

"Honey, you do it while you're in school too. If your grades start to slip..."

"They won't." I sighed, heading to the front door.

"Be careful dear. I'll see you when you get home." She smiled at me. I smiled back and opened the door, blinded by the sun.

I walked to the apartment building like every other week. And, like each week, Gee and Mikey were waiting for me under the trees.
"Hey girly." Mikey smiled at me, standing up. Gee stood next to him.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them. "Come on." I looked at them closely. Mikey didn't have his guitar. "Where's..?" I pointed at his empty hands.

"I can't go this week. I'm grounded." He sighed.

"This one was watching something he shouldn't have been." Mikey's face grew red. I gasped.

"It wasn't dirty! It was a scary movie and mom didn't say I could watch it." He said quickly.

"Okay. Well I guess I'll see you later Mikey. We'll be late if we don't go now." He smiled sadly and nodded.

Gee stood beside me. "Tell mom I'll be back when we're done." He told Mikey.

"Okay." Mikey sighed and started up the stairs. Gee and I walked the two streets to the music shop where we got free lessons from the awesome owner.

"Mitch!" I called out as we opened the door.

"In the back guys!" His rough voice called out from the back room. We raced back there, me slightly ahead of Gee. "No Mikey?" He asked as he saw us.

"He's grounded." Gee and I said at the same time. Mitch looked at us with something in his eyes I didn't understand.

"Okay." He shrugged. "Well, let's get rollin." He grabbed his guitar.

The lesson passed as fast as always. On the way out, Mitch tapped my shoulder. I looked up at him. "Is he okay?" He looked at Gee.

"I don't know." I whispered back.

"Try talking to him. Maybe you can help." I nodded and ran to catch up with Gee.

"Hey." I asked when I reached his side. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No." I heard the lie in his voice. I grabbed his hand, stopping him.

"You suck at lying." I smiled at him. His face went red.

"Okay." He sighed. "I'm not as good as you or Mikey." He shook his guitar at me. "And we've been in the same classes since forever." I saw tears in his eyes.

"It's okay Gee. Guitar just might not be your thing." I took his hands in mine. "You have a pretty singing voice." His face got even redder.

"I don't know..." He looked at our feet. I lifted his face back to look at me.

"You're awesome. And you can draw. I can't do that. Neither can Mikey." He bit his lip.

"But you know Russian." He said.

"Learning. I'm learning Russian. And it's not that cool. You didn't have to learn how to draw. You just do it."

"Nickie..." He looked at me for a long moment. His face was bright red. "Thanks." He smiled at me.

I got the feeling there was something left unsaid. "Gee?" He looked away. "There's more, isn't there?"

"I..." He looked at me again for a second. "Nickie, the thing is..." He took a deep breath. "I like you."

I smiled. "I like you too. Is that the big thing? I'm glad you like me." I grabbed his hand and pulled him across the street.

"Gee? Can I ask you something?" He nodded. "What do you think will happen with us, Gee? Will we change the world?" I looked at him.

"I don't know." He said like I took him by surprise. "If I ever get that chance, I'd take it though. I think I could really help people."

"I would. I'd do it now, if I could. But mom hardly lets me go to Mitch's every week." I sighed.

"What would you change first?" He asked, looking at me. I thought for a long time.

"You remember that boy in our class last year? The one who liked boys?" He nodded. "And everyone made fun of him. I want to make it so that people like him have to be different. Do you know what I mean?" I looked at him.

"I think so." He smiled. "I want to let people know that they'll never be alone." His cheeks got red again.

"I hope we can actually do that stuff someday." I smiled, looking up at the sky. "Look!" I pointed up at the cloud.

"It's a heart." He said, his hand blocking the sun from his green eyes. I nodded.

"It's pretty." I said softly. He looked at me.

"Nickie..." He whispered. I looked at him. He leaned forward.

His lips touched mine. I jumped at the sudden kiss. But...it was okay. Kissing him.

I closed my eyes and kissed him back. A horn blaring at us made us jump apart. "Sorry!" We ran away from the spot.

Gee's hand closed around mine as we walked back to his home. "Bye Gee." I smiled at him.

He kissed my cheek. "By Nickie." He ran up the stairs, taking two at a time.

I walked down the sidewalk back home, a small smile on my face. I touched my cheek where he'd kissed it. It felt hot.








So I decided to write today, it seems. And we've found out what's wrong with the wifi and it should be fixed by tomorrow. I'm gonna write another chapter on this in a second, so R+R and all that sexy stuff.

Hugs and Flowers,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story