Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Surrender the Night

Information

by Chemical_30 1 review

Gerard gains a bit more insight on his brother's situation.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-07-23 - 677 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6:

A few moments after Frank had put away the picture, Sarah came back carrying two plates of food. She set them down and smiled, “Does everything look okay boys?”

Frank nodded, “Everything looks great…thank you.”

“No problem, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Sarah stated and walked away from the table.

Gerard stared down at his food; he couldn’t get the image of Mikey off his mind. He remembered how skinny Mikey had been, how large that bruise had been. Gerard looked up at Frank who was taking a small bite of his meal. “How long has he been there?” Gerard asked.

Frank looked at Gerard, “Been where?”

“The place in the picture…how long has he been there?” Gerard questioned again.

Frank sighed deeply, “Gerard I don’t think…”

“Frank just tell me.” Gerard cuts him off quickly.

“Eight years…he’s been there since night that he was taken.” Frank answered quietly.
Gerard balled his hands in fists, “We need to get him out of there Frank, how much longer does he have?”

“A little less than a month, as soon as he turns eighteen; they don’t like to keep anyone over the age of seventeen.” Frank answered.

“How are we going to get him out? Do you have a plan?” Gerard asked.

“I’ve been thinking of one. It’s not completely done yet though. I have to watch the area a little more. I need to learn when the guards switch.” Frank stated.

“Guards?” Gerard exclaimed, “Where the hell is he Frank? Some sort of prison?”

“You can say it’s a prison, they are kept in a large warehouse, which is guarded almost 24/7.” Frank reported.

“You keep saying they...How many kids are we talking about Frank?” Gerard questioned.
Frank took a deep breath, “About twenty-five, both male and female; also a variety of ages, Mikey being the oldest.”

Gerard shook his head unable to comprehend what he was hearing, “How long have you known about this? How long have you kept all those kids in misery? How could you just sit and watch this?”

“You don’t understand Gerard, it’s really complicated. Do you know how much risk I’m putting myself and Mikey in just by talking to you? If he were to find out both Mikey and I would be killed, do you understand that? You need to just trust me. Eventually I will explain everything, but right now all I care about is getting Mikey out.” Frank said in a stern
tone.

Gerard slowly nodded his head, “Okay…okay I’m sorry. Just tell me what I need to do.”

“Right now I just need you to hang tight. I know how hard this is for you Gerard. Don’t do any more research on me or my uncle. All your answers will come with time. Goodbye Gerard, I’ll see you again soon.” Frank nodded and fished out his wallet. He placed some money on the table and turned his back on Gerard. Gerard watched as Frank stepped out of the dinner and walked down the street and out of sight.

Gerard let out a deep sigh and put his head in his hands. He didn’t know when the next time he would see Frank, but he knew that his brother was running out of time. Each passing day Mikey grew closer and closer to his last. Gerard paid for his untouched meal and exited the building; the bitter wind blew his hair away from his face as he walked to his car.
The entire way home Gerard could not the picture of Mikey off his mind, the thought of his brother being kept there for eight years made his stomach churn. He wanted to kill the bastards that killed his parents and took his brother away from him, at that moment Gerard knew that he would do anything to get Mikey back. Nothing could stand in his way, one way or another he was bringing Mikey back home.
Sign up to rate and review this story