Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Ari's Eulogy

by AmericanHorrorStory 2 reviews

For Ari.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-26 - 410 words

1Moving
Daniel Handler once wrote,

“It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.”

I think we were all immensely saddened by the news of Aria's passing. I found myself blankly staring at a screen, hating the world with a fire so red. It has let another young wonder slip out from underneath our toes and it's beyond unfair. There are such horrid people out there, people who honestly do deserve to die, and yet fate keeps reaping the souls of broken angels like Ari.

Life is like a butterfly, I like to think. You catch it in a glass jar, you keep it for a while, and you let it go. Ari's butterfly, however, wasn't given that freedom of letting go - it was burned, slowly but surely, until there was nothing but ashes and a heart that once beat but now had nothing left to pulse for.

I can't begin to imagine what she went through. I write about abuse and death far more than the next person, and I've dipped my toes into Death's icy waters, but I can't imagine what it actually feels like. To quote a great author, "I imagine it's beautiful. I imagine death is a release." I am privileged enough to be great friends with this author, and many a time she has saved me from finding out whether death is a release or not. I wish I had been able to help Ari, and I know this is a thought shared by many. However, fate cannot be restitched, and life is life. Ari is gone, and we have to live out our lives with the knowledge. It's not fair, but life isn't a bed of roses.

Langston Hughes once wrote,

“Life is for the living.
Death is for the dead.
Let life be like music.
And death a note unsaid.”


Ari's song has been sung. Long live her memory.

-Claire.
Sign up to rate and review this story