Categories > Original > Poetry

Motel Nights

by BipolarUnicorn 2 reviews

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-08-05 - 282 words

0Unrated
The stench hits you as soon as you stepped into room. The damp bed sheets laid without a wrinkle, old, stained, with a hint of a rustic smell. Carpet that was beneath your feet squished from the pressure of your weight. The bathroom is clean, but you're pretty skeptical. This is a typical motel room. A room that you see in the movies, the neon on the sign is flickering, and you can hear the buzzing pulling into the parking lot. The person running the front desk they look up at you and take a long drag from the cigar between their fingers. Shaky hands provide you with the room key and the raspy voice comes out telling you your room number and check out time. As you exit the main office a violent cough comes out and fades once the door has closed. The room was just how you imagined. You strip your clothes and get ready for bed. Switching the lights off and crawling into the bed you lay on your back. Falling asleep to the hum of the air conditioner and the occasional feet walking past the room. A place that isn't cozy as home, but nonetheless feels more like a home then the home you ran from. You stay a few nights and move to the next one, its where you belong. The motel nights, the flickering motel sign, its what you've always know. You live you life on the road. Never settle down to one place, someone will be bound to recognize your face. Live by the rules you wrote.

My mouse is spastic or something. Honestly I kind of wanna write a story based on this.
Sign up to rate and review this story