Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Fighting Myself

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hisoka sits in his room alone until Kohaku reappears to rub in the pain that he feels from his jealousy towards Tsuzuki and Anna's marriage and relationship.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka - Published: 2013-08-09 - 509 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Ten: Fighting Myself:

Hisoka sat in his room around lunchtime. His bitterness came back to beat him again.

"Just look at you," Kohaku cooed. "Just look at you." Hisoka lifted his head and saw the kitsune grinning at him. The shinigami rolled his eyes.

"Don't you ever give up?" he asked. It smirked as it narrowed its eyes.

"Aw, Hisoka-kun," the child said. "You're so mean!"

"Go away!" the shinigami hissed. "I'm here because of you!" Kohaku's lips twitched into a smile.

"Is that really it?" the child asked. "Or is it because of your partner's love for his wife?" Hisoka gritted his teeth.

"Shut up!" he hissed. The kitsune leered at him.

"O-h!" it said, "So I am right!"

"Shut up!"

"Why should I? You know it's the truth! Am I right?"

"I said shut up!"

Kohaku gave him a crooked smiled, "But you know I am right. Just admit it, that lady has a point."

Hisoka flopped back on his bead. Kohaku lied on top of its prey.

"Aw," it cooed, "Admit it, you are jealous of Anna." Hisoka turned his head away. Kohaku leaned down to his neck.

"You're so stubborn," the child whispered. "That's what I like about you. But seriously, say it. Say you are jealous of Anna."

"No, I'm not!" Hisoka barked.

"Look me in the eye and say it," the kitsune commanded. "Look me in the eyes and say it!" Hisoka froze when he heard that. Lying wouldn't work, Kohaku could see through them. Hisoka frowned at his disposition.

"Fine," he mumbled. Kohaku leered at him.

"Hm?" it asked. The shinigami clutched his sheets.

"Tell me something," he said. "Why are you still around?" Kohaku looked down at him when it heard that question.

"Hisoka-kun," the kitsune cooed. "You already know why."

"No, I don't," the prey grumbled. The kitsune turned the boy's face to it and leaned down for a kiss.

"I feed off your jealousy and displeasure," the child murmured. Hisoka's eyes widened in alarm as their lips touched. He pushed it off as fast as he could. Kohaku sat on the floor smirking.

"Why so cruel, my love?" the kitsune cooed. Hisoka sat up glaring at it.

"Don't call me that!" he snapped. Kohaku pretended to look hurt.

"But why not?" the child asked.

"You don't love me!" the shinigami snapped. "You just love to toy with me!"

"But I'm not lying," Kohaku insisted. "As long as you stay jealous and angry at Anna, I will stay and love you." Hisoka rose to his feet frowning.

"Hey, where are you going?" Kohaku asked.

"I have therapy!" the shinigami barked as he headed out the door. Kohaku smiled as the heavy wood slid shut.

"That's okay," the kitsune child muttered. "I will be right here waiting."

In the hallway, Hisoka heard, "I know how to beat it." The shinigami looked to see a girl about twelve years old with long red hair waiting just inches from him. She bowed her head.

"I've been expecting you," she said with elegance.
Sign up to rate and review this story