Categories > Original > Fantasy > Mystical Hearts

Reverie

by RescuePatrol98 1 review

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-08-19 - Updated: 2013-08-19 - 1463 words

1Exciting
A/N: Chapter two is up, I would like to give a big thank you to my beta, she is awesome, you know who you are. I hope you enjoy.


“Caleb.” He replied before he smiled, which in turn made me smile.

“Nice to meet you. Where am I?” I asked, still not knowing where I was.

“You’re in Reverie.” He answered.

“How did I get here?” I asked.

“That’s only something you can answer yourself.” He replied, to which I looked at him weirdly.

“How can I answer it? I don’t even know myself!” I replied. He looked at me and burst out laughing.

“What? What’s so funny?” I asked.

“You must take the journey. Through the journey, you will find answers to all your questions.” He replied and I nodded.

“I understand.” I replied and looked at him. “Are you coming on this journey, or do I have to go by myself?” I asked. He looked up and smiled.

“That is only something you can answer for yourself.” He replied. This time, it was my turn to smile widely.

“Yes. I want you to come.” I replied and he blushed He looked away, trying to hide the fact he was blushing.

“Well then, I would be honored.” He replied.

We started walking down the path again. We kept walking, but I couldn’t shake the feeling I was being watched off. I turned my head and looked but there was nothing so I continued to walk.

“Do you have the feeling we’re being watched?” I asked, clinging to his arm. He looked down at me and smiled.

“No, why?” He asked, concerned to the way I was acting.

“No, no reason.” I replied, leaning my head against his shoulder as we walked down the rocky path, which I still had no idea about where it would lead.

I looked up and saw the midnight sky still overlooking us. I was lost in my thoughts, when I saw a shooting star. I made my wish, which is to remember who I was, who my family is, and most importantly, just to remember everything about myself. I looked over at Caleb and he was smiling at me. I smiled back and continued walking. I still had the awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone was watching us. I was about to ask Caleb when I looked in front and it went back to the dark, gruesome place that I hated. This place made my stomach turn. I listened carefully as I clang to Caleb even more than before, in the distance I could rustling over leaves ringing through the trees to my ears. I was so scared I buried my head in Caleb’s shoulder for over 10 minutes when Caleb starting tapping me. I looked up with my eyes closed because I was really scared.

“Open your eyes.” Caleb said and because I trusted him I did what he said. My eyes were filled with the beautiful spring green grass and the multi-colored avenue we were walking through, which I thought was pretty cool. While we walked through the avenue the leafs were falling from the trees, it would be something you thought would happen in autumn but it looked really pretty. I was so glad Caleb came with me because I didn’t feel so alone or afraid anymore. I felt so safe when I was with Caleb, I know that sounds weird and probably really creepy because we just met but it was the honest truth. Even though we just me there was something, a feeling maybe that drew me to him. When I realized where I was and who I was with, I blushed looking down so Caleb couldn’t see my face.

We walked for hours, and my feet were battered and bruised, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from my ultimate goal, which was to remember exactly who I was and to know who I belonged to. We kept walking and the rocky path finally came to an end, the path arched into a massive tunnel, which I believe we would have to go through. I just stood there and Caleb looked over at me concerned.

“Do you want to take a breather for a few minutes?” Caleb asked, and all I could do was nod. My feet were sore, and I was really tired from walking so much. I walked over to a big oak tree and leaned on it.

Within minutes I could feel my eyelids getting heavier and soon I couldn’t help it, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep. I dreamt about Caleb. I know that sounds weird because I just met him and all but it’s true, I dreamt about Caleb all night long.

-:-

I woke up to the sun rising. I shield*ed my eyes with my hand. I went to get up but I noticed someone leaning on me. I looked down and came face to face with Caleb, he must have fallen asleep on my shoulder. He’s so cute when he sleeps, well he’s always been cute in my eyes from the first time I met him, but don’t tell him I said that. I only knew my first name, my age and nothing else and I was falling for a guy…well a really cute guy that I only met several hours ago. I smiled before I woke him up.

“Caleb. Caleb! CALEB! You fell asleep! Time to get up. It’s morning.” I said squeezing his shoulders, within seconds his eyes fluttered open, his big ice blue eyes looking back at me. He smiled and I smiled back. He then blushed when he noticed he had been sleeping on me.

“I’m sorry.” Caleb apologized, moving so he was leaning on the oak tree next to him. He blushed again and it almost made my heart melt, he was so cute.

“It’s ok.” I replied and he nodded. “We better keep moving.” I said.

“Ok, lets go.” Caleb explained getting up, he held his hand out for me so he could help me get up, I took his hand and he helped me up.

“Thanks.” I smiled when I left go of his hand. I looked away from him because I knew I was majorly blushing.

We walked to the tunnel and there were so many thoughts racing through my mind, I glanced over at Caleb and he’s eyes were plastered on looking straight with no expression on his face. We were about halfway in the tunnel when I heard something. I looked behind me but the source of the noise was coming from in front of us, I looked over at Caleb again and he had a worried expression on his face. That’s when I saw headlights. It was a car.

“I didn’t think there were any cars here.” I told Caleb and he looked at me.

“Me either.” Caleb replied. The car was only meters away from us and I started screaming thinking I was going to die. Then something strange happened the lights came right to me and passed between Caleb and I. It wasn’t a car, it wasn’t headlights, it turns out they were just light bugs. I sighed a sigh of relief because I honestly believed that it was a car.

“Are you ok?” Caleb asked me and I turned to face him.

“Relieved, I honestly thought it was a car.” I sighed.

“I know, me too.” Caleb replied and I couldn’t help but smile, he was so cute. We were almost at the end of the tunnel so I started walking faster because I wanted to get out of this creepy tunnel. Soon enough I was running towards the end, I looked around and saw Caleb running after me. I smiled and turned around and I was now outside the tunnel. I smiled at the beautiful sight that was overtaking me eyes and then I turned around to see Caleb had finally caught up to me.

“Hey slow poke.” I smiled turning around so my eyes could overtake the beautiful scene again.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Caleb asked and I just nodded not able to take my eyes off the scene that was unfolding right in front of my eyes. I stared at the scene for a while before it was time to move on and keep moving. We walked for a little bit when someone yelled out to us.

“Prince Caleb, what are you doing outside the palace?!” Someone yelled and I could see Caleb looking worried.


Please review

RescuePatrol98
Sign up to rate and review this story