Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blood and Darkness

Night

by DarknessBliss 1 review

Sequel to ‘Blood and Affection’. After a year has passed since Gerard turned Helena Sheridan into a vampire, all hell starts to break loose in Ophelia’s Field. Haunts, love drama, and plenty ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-08-30 - Updated: 2013-09-02 - 754 words

0Illiterate
Chapter 1: Night

Courtney Rushwall couldn’t think. She was too busy calming her nerves while she rode the late night 325 trolley. It was early September but the winds started to pick up and it became chilly. She just finished her shift at Bernice’s Bakery and Deli and she was heading back to her crummy apartment in the seediest part of Parker Valley.
She twirled a curl of her blond hair around her long delicate finger. She never really regained her calm composure since she was a senior in Parker Valley High School. Not since she heard of that track-and-fielder’s, Helena Sheridan, disappearance. She hasn’t been found in a little over a year and she may be presumed dead.
Well, that according to the police. Her friends and her mother, however, said that she was totally fine. That she’s been staying with a friend.
She never really knew Helena Sheridan. She had only one class with her. Senior English. She never spoke to her unless she had to. But she assumed the worst about her and she’s been kind of shaky ever since.
To make matters even worse, there are rumors that there’s a groper in the 325 and he hasn’t been caught yet. Right now, she’s praying that he’s not here tonight and that she would get home safe.
“I love your outfit,” a woman’s velvety voice said beside her.
She turned her head and saw the most glamorous girl she ever saw. She was wearing the trendiest outfit. She was wearing a gold-satin tube top with a leather bolero vest and a black belted satin pencil skirt with black open-arch pumps. Her hair was concealed in a black sun hat.
She looked at her own outfit, which consists of a denim bolero jacket over a white high-neck-bow blouse and a black-and-white zigzag A-line skirt with red high heels. She thought she looked awfully plain compared to the glamour girl.
Nevertheless, Courtney blushed and said, “I don’t, really, but thank you.”
The girl slid closer to Courtney, “I especially love your long blond hair.”
Courtney blushed even more until the girl said in a serious tone of voice, “You. Behind us. I know you’re a groper and all, but if you don’t move your hand away from me right now, I’ll make sure you’ll lose it.”
Courtney didn’t know what to make of this until she peeked over the glamour girl’s shoulder and saw a scrawny, balding, man wearing glasses standing behind them with a shocked and scared look on his face.
How did she know he was behind her and who he is? Her mind was bewildered at this.
A girl she didn’t know shrieked, “That guy’s here everyday! He’s the groper?!”
Another girl flinched, “I think he felt me up last night!”
The guy panicked, “N-No! I-I’m not the-“ he turned to the glamour girl, “Tell them you’re lying!”
“Look, I forgive you already,” she said simply. “Now shut up.”
“No!” he shouted. “I’m not going to shut up until you tell them that you’re lying, you fucking bitch!”
He could’ve said more to her, but it would have been hard since the girl spun around with anger and annoyance in her eyes and grabbed him by the throat. She lifted him up with brute strength and threw him to the pole. When he was down and out, the ladies in the trolley cheered.
Courtney was impressed, “Dude, are you, like, a black belt or something?”
The glamour girl turned her attention back to Courtney. She touched her hair and smiled dreamily, “Such pretty hair.”
“Thanks,” said Courtney.
“Where are you getting off at?” Glamour girl asked.
“Um, Parker Valley,” she said.
“That’s my stop too,” she said. “Let’s go to a couple bars first before you call it a night. What do you say?”
Courtney wasn’t much of a social drinker and she doesn’t usually go around with strangers, but what was waiting for her at her dark and empty apartment?
“Okay,” she said.
Wouldn’t hurt to go out drinking with a stranger, would it? She thought as the trolley approached their stop.
Oh, but little did she know that it would. And it will.

A/N: Here it is! The first chapter! Keep your eyes on the glamour girl. She's gonna play a major part in the story. R&R, please.
Sign up to rate and review this story