Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Complete and Whole

by sickly_ill 1 review

Chapter 15 - Complete & Whole

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-10-02 - 4480 words

1Exciting
We all head back to the hotel and hang out for a while. I’m reading “Perfect Chemistry” by Simon Elkeles when I hear a knock at my door. I get up and answer it. Hayden’s standing in the hall. “Anderson was wondering if you wanted to go get some McDonald’s. Since it’s close.” He smirks.

“Yeah.” I smile and get Hayden’s sweater on I never gave back after ice skating. “Aren’t you gonna get a coat on?” I ask Hayden as we walk through the lobby and I realize that he doesn’t have one on. And I know he brought more sweaters.

“I’ll be fine.” He shrugs and I shake my head. We all head out into the dark night and walk to McDonald’s. On our way we chat and it starts to drizzle. And, of course, Hayden doesn’t have anything on but a thin cotton shirt. I see he’s put his cap to the front to keep the mist out of his eyes and has his hands shoved into his pockets to keep his hands warm.

“Didn’t I tell you to get a coat on?” I cock an eyebrow at him as we enter the warm McDonalds. He just rolls his eyes. “Here.” I take off his sweater and put it on him. He thaws a little and is about to complain about me not having anything, but I just hug him which keeps us both warm in his sweater. He orders for us and pays.

We wait for our food and head out again, back to the hotel. Hayden gives me his sweater again and we make it back to the hotel in one piece. Just as we enter job interview call backs are circulating. Destiny and Marlow tell me to check it. I do, and there is my contestant number in pen. What? I didn’t even do that good. “You guys, I got a call back.” I tell Hayden and Anderson.

“I know. I see that.” Hayden smiles at me. I just squeal and jump while clapping my hands. Hayden just grins and chuckles at me. But then I realize something, so I stop.

“Aww! I won’t get to sleep in!” I whine. Hayden shakes his head and kisses the top of my head. Wow. He’s never done that before. It feels nice. I just smile and blush.

“C’mon, let’s go eat.” He takes my hand and we go to my room. There, we prop the door open and watch one of my favorite movies, The Sandlot. It’s on HBO and Benny is such a babe.


When Hayden and I are finished we just lay down and watch Good Vibes. It’s hilarious. I’m laying on his bicep and every time he laughs his muscles flex and my head bobs. But I don’t mind. It’s nice to hear a hearty laugh from him. After he calms down from another fit of laughter I just look up at him. He glances down and does a double take when he notices I’m looking at him. “What?” His eyes showing amusement.

“I just noticed you hardly ever laugh like that with me around.” I frown. I know he does with Austin. But then again, Austin’s his brother.

“Really?” He furrows his brows. I just nod and bite my lip. Is it me? Do I not make him happy enough to laugh freely with me? I just avert my eyes to the TV. “Hey.” He jostles me in his arm. I just keep my tears at bay, but I know they’re there. “Sky.” He jostles me again. This time I sniffle and look up at him. “What’s the matter?” He looks down at me with sincere eyes. I just shrug. “Don’t give me that shit.” He frowns.

“What shit?” I get mad now. He can’t just let things go!
“The,” he does a sloppy shrug. That’s so not what I look like when I shrug. “Don’t shrug me off. You do it. A lot. And to me in particular.” He says. Damn, now I feel guilty. “I know you have a hard time articulating what you want to say, so if you wanna draw a picture, I can wait for it to come hot off the press.” He smirks.

“No.” I decline. “I need to make this work in my brain.” I bite my lip and think hard at what words I want to use to tell him that he never laughs freely with me and that I think it might be my fault that he doesn’t. That maybe I don’t make him happy enough to do so. I mean, I could say those exact words, but then that would leave me more vulnerable than I want to show. But I see Hayden’s being patient as I look for the words. “Well,” I begin. “I just noticed you don’t laugh like you do with Austin. Complete and whole.” I falter over my vocabulary. “If that makes sense.” I mutter.

“It does.” He urges me to continue.

“Well, I was thinking that maybe the reason you don’t laugh like that with me, or even around me, is because of me.” I say and wring my fingers together out of habit when I get super nervous.

“Sky,” He sighs, but I hold my hands up for him to stop. He looks at me a little surprised because I always let him do the talking. But I need to start learning how to communicate verbally to him. Like a normal person does.

“I’m not finished.” I bite my lip. “I just don’t think I make you happy enough to do that.” I finish and sigh in relief knowing that the thought’s off my chest.

“Is that really what you think?” Hayden looks me in the eyes. I just frown deeper and nod in shame. My head hung low. He just lifts my head with his gentle hand.

“It’s just that you make me nervous when you’re around.” He smiles slowly. “I always feel that I have to impress you. And my laugh’s not the most attractive thing about me.” He nods.

“Oh, but it is.” I blurt out. “I love your laugh. It makes me laugh. And it makes me happy that you’re comfortable enough to be yourself around me. You don’t have to impress me at all. I love every part of you. The way they are.” Wow. Who knew I could be so open with Hayden and not be scared of what he thought? I just give myself an inner high five.

“Really?” Hayden asks. I just nod.

“Of course, Hayden. Why else would I be here? With you?” I touch my fingers to his lips and trace them.

“I’m glad you’re here with me.” He mumbles against my fingers and kisses them. The vibration of his sexy voice tickling my fingertips and making me giggle. He just smiles and giggles too.

“But, you’re here with me now and you’re laughing freely. Why?” I furrow my brows.

“’Cause this show is hilarious.” He says. Now I’m tracing his jawline.

“Am I not funny?” Another insecurity of mine exposed.

“Of course you are. I love your sarcasm.” He rolls his eyes. I giggle again. He smiles. The corners of his eyes crinkling in happiness. “It’s just that I don’t want you to think I’m laughing at you. Because I’m always laughing with you.” He kisses my nose. “And nothing with you is hilarious. This is a serious relationship, and I want you to see that I take it seriously. Because I do. I don’t want to lose you over you thinking I don’t give a shit.” He brushes stray strands of hair from my face. “I care a lot. So much so that it scares me.” He swallows hard. “But when you kiss me and see me every day, I know that I don’t need to be scared. Because I know you love me. Just like I love you.” He says with all his heart. I can see it in his eyes that he truly cares about me and about our relationship. Just like he said he did. I just smile and kiss him passionately. Heatedly. Full of my love and being. This kiss touches my soul and I feel alive. Oh, Hayden.

His tongue finds its way into my mouth and we start to get lost in the moment. So lost that we don’t hear my roommates come in. Back from the mall. Until they clear their throats loudly. I look at them over Hayden’s shoulder and blush. Hayden grins and wipes his mouth with his thumb and index finger. “Sorry to interrupt.” Marlow begins. “But it’s about to be eleven.” She smiles politely at us. We detach ourselves and Hayden stands.

“Sorry.” He apologizes.

“It’s okay.” Marlow nods.

“Alright then.” Hayden looks down at me, sitting on the bed. “Good night, my love.” He leans down and kisses me goodnight.

“’Night, baby.” I watch as he leaves.

“’Night, ladies.” He regards Marlow and Destiny with a warm smile as he closes the door behind him. Just as he leaves they look at me in glee and surprise.

“Oh my God!” Destiny grins. I just bite my lip and blush. “He is so in love with you!” She nearly shouts.

“How long were you guys standing there?” I ask.

“The part where he said he takes your relationship seriously.” Marlow sets down her shopping bags. “He really fucking cares.” She smiles.

“I know.” I smile, too, and gush. We end up talking about him all night until we fall asleep.


I get up early for my call back. I’m dressed and applying makeup when someone knocks at the door. I open it and see that Hayden’s awake. “Hey, beautiful.” He smiles and kisses me.

“Hey…?” I furrow my brows. “Why are you up?” I ask.

“I just wanted to wish you luck.” He shoves his hands in his pockets. I just smile.

“Well, thank you.” I nod. He just nods as well, and then things get awkward as we go silent. “Well, I kinda need to get back to getting ready.” I wave my eyeliner in the air as I was just about put some on when he knocked.

“Yeah, sorry.” He furrows his brows and starts down the hall. I just chuckle at that weird moment and close the door. I go back into the bathroom and position my eyeliner, when someone knocks on the door again. I’m assuming it’s Hayden, so I answer with a smile. And it is.

“What?” I giggle. He still has his hands in his pockets.

“I just wanted to ask if I could go with you.” He spits out quickly.

“To the interview?” I ask. Why would he want to wait there while I was being asked question after question about my career goals and what not? But I see that he really wants to go. “Uh, yeah. I don’t mind.” I shrug. He smiles to himself, which makes me grin. “Why do you wanna go anyway?”

“Well, I just wanted to be there when you came out. You know, to support you.” Aww! He’s so adorable. “And it’s not like I’ve got anything better to do than pack and play video games. And sleep.” He smirks.

“So, you’d rather go to an interview with me, and wait, instead of playing video games and messing around with your friends?” I furrow my brows.

“Well, yeah.” He shrugs. I just grin.

“I love you.” I kiss him. He tenses against me, being caught off guard, but then he thaws against my lips. I feel his hands come up to cup my face. Finally out of his pockets. He pulls away.

“I love you too.” He smiles. I just roll my eyes.

“Wait out here. I just need to finish my make up.” I push him. He nods and I close the door.


I go for my second interview and see the other call backs. There were only, like, six numbers listed, and that’s who all showed up. Hayden’s by my side the entire time as I waited to be called. He wishes me good luck when I finally get called and kisses me when I come out. “That’s it?” He furrows his brow. The interview lasted just about five minutes. They only asked two questions.

“Yeah.” I shrug. “They didn’t ask much.”

“Huh,” Hayden nods. “Then let’s get outta here. We can hang out until the awards ceremony.”

“Okay.” I smile and we go back to the hotel. We pack and leave out our nice clothes to wear to the ceremony this afternoon. I’m not expecting to place and go to nationals. I just don’t want to end up getting dead last. But I hope Hayden places. He’d love it. I know he wants to go to nationals.


Anderson, Hayden, and I end up going to the mall. There, I get some new shoes and leggings. Hayden pays for everything. Which I fight him on, but he doesn’t budge. We are walking when I spot a neon sign glowing out of the corner of my eye. Anderson and Hayden are in the Levi’s store looking for some new pants, leaving me out here to get a smoothie from one of the little stands. The sign says “Tattoo”. I smile and head over to the shop. It’s awesome!
The black glittery tiles make the shop shine. There’s apparel and piercings all over the place. There’s a small tattoo station set up near the back. I smile and head over to the portfolio books to check out the artist’s work. Since there’s only one station I assume there’s only one artist. “Hi.” A woman distracts me from my bubble.

“Hi.” I smile. She’s pretty. Small gauges, blonde and purple hair, green eyes, skinny and tall.

“Can I help you with something?” She smiles at me.

“Uh, I was just browsing and saw the tattoo sign.” I explain.

“Oh, well, our artist is well known. He’s got some good work.” She promotes him.

“Well, I was thinking about getting a garter on my thigh.” I smile. “How much would something like that cost me?” I ask.

“Well, depending on the size it ranges from sixty to a hundred dollars.” She says.

“Alright then. Let’s do it.” I smile. She raises her eyebrows at me and knows that I’m being serious.

“Okay, then.” She smiles. “Let me get Hector for you.” Oh? He’s Mexican? Can’t wait.

“Okay.” I smile. She just goes to the back and leaves me to keep flipping through his portfolios. Finally, she comes back with a handsome Mexican. He’s tall and husky. He’s covered in ink and is wearing a nice white cotton shirt with some baggy Dickies. His Chuck’s a final added touch.

“Hi.” He smiles. “I hear something about a garter.” He eyes me, checking me out.

“Uh, yeah.” I say. “I wanted a black lace garter with a pink bow in the back. Probably about an inch thick.” I explain as he nods.

“Well, I can draw up a stencil for you and see if you like it.” He suggests.

“Sure.” I nod. He then gets me in my underwear and puts on some black latex gloves for sanitary purposes. He comes over and lays some thin stencil paper around my leg and marks for measurements.

“Alright, let me draw something up right quick.” He grins at me as I’m pulling up my jeans. I just nod and go over to browse the piercings. I get around to the gauges and see some Hayden’s size. I browse and see some he would look really hot in. Some of them just look like rims, but I come across a pair that contain a square, princess cut diamond in the middle. The plugs being silver. I ask the girl if I can see them. She gets them out for me.

“You need to work up to this size.” She says.

“Oh, no, they’re not for me.” I giggle. “My boyfriend needs some new plugs. But he can never find any in his size.” I look at them. They look nice. “How much for these?” I feel their weight. Not too heavy.

“These are fifty.” She says and leans against the counter.

“I’ll take ‘em.” I smile. She grins.

“He’ll love you forever.” She giggles.

“He better.” I joke. She holds them for me and I look more. I see some solid turquoise plugs. OMG! “What about these?” I point to them.

“Those are also fifty.” She smiles.

“I’ll take these as well.” I laugh. She holds them for me and I start to look at the apparel. So cute! Booty shorts for days! I take a pink pair and then Hector’s ready for me. “Oh my gosh, I love it!” I smile.

“Cool, then, baby. We can get this on you and tattooed.” Baby? Oh hell no!

“I’m not your baby.” I correct him.

“Alright then.” He nods. Now he’s serious as I take off my jeans again and he puts the stencil on me. “Check it out.” He motions me to the mirror. I get up and see it.

“Looks good.” I nod. He nods again and we get started. I hear the machine and prepare.

“Here we go.” He says as I feel the burn of the needle in my skin. I just take a deep breath as he outlines first. A few minutes in my phone rings. It’s Hayden! Shit! I ditched him.

“Hey, stud muffin.” I giggle to ease the tension I know will be there when he speaks.

“Where the hell are you?” Hayden sears. I flinch a little at his tone. He’s mad.

“Um, I’m getting a tattoo.” I say softly.

“What?” Hayden almost yells.

“Calm down. I’m in a shop across the way.” I say. He just hangs up. I sigh and look at Hector. He’s smiling. “You be quiet.” I pout.

“Didn’t say anything.” But he giggles a little. I roll my eyes and lay my head on the bench I’m on. Soon enough Hayden comes through the door. Followed by Anderson. But when he sees me in my undies, Anderson steps out and leaves us in the shop.

“What the fuck, Sky? I thought you had been kidnapped or something.” Hayden furrows his brows.

“I know, babe. I’m sorry.” I look up at him from the awkward position I’m now in. My leg on Hector’s shoulder and my legs parted so he can outline the inside of my thigh.

“You don’t look fuckin’ sorry.” Oh no!

“Hayden! Don’t start that shit! I’m just getting a tattoo!” Now I’m mad. His unspoken accusation breaking my skin and stinging me more than the needle. Hayden just sighs and closes his eyes. When he opens them he’s still mad, but has calmed a bit.

“I’ll be outside.” He grumbles and I sigh.

“Fuck my life.” I mutter. Hector just stays quiet and finishes my tattoo. It takes him two hours, but it turns out perfect. “Oh, shit!” I grin as I view it in the mirror. “Looks nice. Thanks, man.” I shake Hector’s strong hand.

“No problem.” He smiles at me. He wraps it and gives me some ointment for the healing process. The girl rings everything up and I pay just a bit over $200 for everything. I walk out bittersweet with Hector’s and the shop’s business cards. Hayden’s still mad. He sits on one of the benches in the middle section of the mall with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his handsome face.

“Done?” He spits at me. I just bite my lip and nod. He gets up and I follow him and Anderson to the car in silence. In the car there’s tension. But I just stare out the window. When we get back to the hotel Anderson tells us to get ready for the awards ceremony. He disappears and it’s just Hayden and me in the hall. He’s about to walk away from me when I stop him. “Hayden.” I choke. He turns around, but remains quiet. I take out my booty shorts and hand him the bag that contains his new gauges/plugs. “Here.” He takes it hesitantly.

“What’s this?” He asks, but doesn’t open the bag. I just shrug, and for once he lets it go. I just head to my room and get ready. I’m spritzing perfume on when there’s a knock at the door. I just sigh and open it. It’s Hayden. He’s smiling and I see he’s wearing the turquoise plugs. He looks sexy in his slacks, button up, tie, and new plugs. The color compliments his fair skin.

Out of nowhere he attacks my lips. I’m taken by surprise, but just melt against him. His kiss makes me tingle all over. He pulls back and rests his forehead against mine. I’m left breathless and wanting so much more. Then, he embraces me. Fully. His arms tightly around me. I feel his every muscle against me. I just hold him. “I was so worried when I couldn’t find you.” He whispers. “I thought the worst happened to you. Anderson had to grab me to get me to calm down.” I just sniffle and keep my tears to myself. We’re still clinging to each other in the doorway like our life depends on it. “The only time I feel like that is when something happens to my mom, or Austin. I felt so helpless because you weren’t near, or with me.” He sighs and his hot breath tickles my ear. “Then when I called you I got mad. Mad because you made me feel like that.” I let the tears fall.

“I know. And I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad. I didn’t mean to worry you. I just saw the shop and decided to get my first tattoo.” I explain. “And get you some new plugs because you bought me stuff. And I thought that they’d look good. And they do.” I giggle through my tears. “I’m sorry, Hayden. I love you. I never want to make you upset. It’s never my intention.”

“I know, Sky. I know.” He plays with my hair and I smile. I love when he plays with my hair. “Anyway, I was the asshole for not being there in getting your first tattoo. I promised myself that I’d be there to hold your hand. But that shit went out the window.” I just giggle again.

“It’s okay. There’s gonna be more opportunities to hold my hand.” We let go of each other and I grab his hand. “Like, now for example.” I smile. He just smiles too.

He kisses me and wipes away my tears. Great. Now I have to fix my makeup. But I don’t mind. “I’m almost ready, okay?” I touch Hayden’s cheek.

“Okay.” He nods and kisses my hair. I blush. I close the door and rush to get ready. When I’m done I grab all my luggage and leave the room key on the desk near the window. I stumble out of my room with all my shit and Hayden reaches out to grab me. “You okay?” He laughs.
“Yeah.” I laugh as well. I pick up my bag and we all walk to the Dodge.
“Here, babe.” Hayden takes my bag, and I’m glad for once. Walking in heels with your purse, tool box, and luggage bag is not fun. Especially on old parking lot pavement. I just smile at him and we all pile in.


Awards ceremony: neither Hayden or I place, and we’re okay with that. It gives us more time to spend together. No more Skills USA to occupy our time. But my roommates strike gold in the customer service competition. We cheer for them, then leave early so we can beat traffic.
On the ride back, Hayden, Anderson, and I talk and laugh and make jokes. We have a good ride back. It goes by fast with all the chatter. I get dropped off first. My dad comes out and helps me with my bags. Anderson tells me to return the tool box when I’ve gotten my things out. I just thank him. Hayden kisses me good bye and has a few words with my dad, out of respect. Which I like. He’s kind enough to acknowledge my dad. And I know my dad takes it highly into regard.

“Alright now.” I interrupt them before they take on a full conversation. “Anderson has to get home too.” I say.

“Okay then. It was nice to see you again, Sir.” Hayden shakes my dad’s hand.

“Just call me Victor.” What my dad says shocks us both. What? Wow. What a leap. “Thank you for taking care of Cielo while she was gone.” My dad nods.

“No problem. She’s a special girl in both of our lives. We can’t risk losing her.” Hayden smiles. I just blush. Aww! My dad nods and we go inside, but not after I kiss Hayden again.


I unpack and take a needed nap. As I’m waking, Elio bursts into my room. “Heard you got a tattoo.” He sits on my bed.

“Yup.” I rub my eyes. “Who told you?” I ask.

“Hayden told Dad. Duh! Let me see it!” Elio urges. He told my dad? What the hell? I just push those thoughts aside when I lift up my sweats. Elio sees it. “Is that it?” He asks. I nod. “Tramp.” He mutters. I scoff and hit him on the arm. “Ow! I was kidding.”

“Better be kidding.” I threaten him.

“Anyway, Hayden told me to tell you to call him when you woke up.” Elio says as he stands. I furrow my brows. Why did he call Elio? “He called your cell earlier but you were passed out so I answered.” Elio shrugs. I nod and he leaves.
Sign up to rate and review this story