Categories > Anime/Manga > .hack//Sign

Flags from Veterans Flag Depot

by throne95hill 0 reviews

Category: .hack//Sign - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-22 - 416 words

0Unrated
Most Imported US Flags Do Not Fold Correctly

If you are going to purchase an American flag, why not buy one that has actually been made in the USA? It only makes sense to purchase the symbol of our country from a company that supports American business and American labor. Besides, a US made flag should be made to exacting standards. You might find that foreign flags are slightly off because the manufacturer or workers do not understand the exact proportions that are needed to construct a proper American flag.

Are Foreign Flags Legal?

There actually is a Federal Flag code which outlines the correct treatment of the US flag. It was passed in 1942 under President Roosevelt. Since then, this code has been amended from time to time. Under the code, it is not illegal to import US flags from foreign countries, but a bill was introduced in 2011 to try to amend this. So far this legislation is still pending.

Is The Triangular Fold Required?

The triangular fold of a stored flag is not legally required either, but it is a time honored tradition with some institutions. Others might use a rectangular fold. It is also fine to carefully wrap a flag around a pole if it is stored that way.

Actually, no part of the US Flag Code is enforced in any way. If you violate the flag code, you will not be arrested, fined, or penalized. But following the flag code shows respect for the symbol of your country. The way the American flag is treated comes from a long and proud historical tradition. By keeping that tradition, you are also paying respect to our forefathers and their values.

If you do want to display your flat inside, you may want to store it in a traditional triangular box. If you purchase a cheap imported flag, it might not fold correctly so it will not display properly.

Why Buy An American-Made US Flag?

A high-quality flag that was made in the US will be an item you can treasure for a lifetime. You will be proud to display a good US flag on a poll or in a display box. If your flag is made by US workers and a US company, you are also doing your part to support your own country. An American flag that has been made in America is a great way to display your patriotism.


http://www.veteransflagdepot.com , http://veteransflagdepot.com , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovsZApbDYA
Sign up to rate and review this story