Categories > Anime/Manga > .hack//Sign

Tips To Help You Successfully Plan For College

by formatnode1 0 reviews

Category: .hack//Sign - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-22 - 561 words

0Unrated
After all of the hard work, you're finally in college. You will be successful if you are well prepared. It can be hard to find your "groove" when you first arrive at college. Read on for ideas to help you succeed.

Make a checklist of things to pack for college. It's better for you to be prepared prior to going to school instead of needing to give your parents a call to get help all the time. This is particularly true if you're far away from them.

Remember to watch your food intake. There is no myth behind the freshman 15. Be sure to mind what you are eating. Fast food, pizza and alcohol can really add to your waistline. Not only is it expensive, those extra pounds can be hard to lose.

Always bring all needed testing materials when taking exams. Leaving behind a tool that you need to complete your work may throw off your entire experience. Make sure you have what you need because the teacher may not have supplies for you.

To stay away from weight problems when you're a freshman, try to monitor how many simple carbs you have in your diet. Do your best to reduce sweets and processed foods during meals. Eat foods that are fresh, like fruits and vegetables, to stay healthy and keep your energy levels up. Eschew high protein diets, because they do not provide sufficient balance and may prompt health issues to arise.

Wait until your classes start to buy books. You might not need all of the required textbooks. This is common in online classes. Sometimes, you can get by with just listening to lectures.

You should always schedule a visit to admissions when you are trying to find a college. This way, you can see if any school-specific scholarships are available. A lot of colleges have scholarships that are only for their students. By talking to someone who works in the admissions office, you can make sure you are taking advantage of all that is offered.

Get a good night's sleep everyday. Many college students get little, if any, sleep between late night parties, classes and homework. Not getting enough rest can really have a negative impact on your whole college experience.

When it comes to saving money, it is wise to always purchase your textbooks used. Brand new textbooks are outrageously priced. Look into buying them used to save money.

Memorize the number of campus security. You need an easy way to contact them and campus police. With any luck, you won't need to use this number, but you should have it just in case.

Learn as much as you can about your major; do not just take elective courses to decide. Try getting involved around your college. For instance, you could join some clubs or volunteer for a cause. There is normally many activities on campus every day of the week. Try something that you've never done every week.

Your high school popularity won't be important in college. Most of the people you come in contact with will not know who you were. Make that effort to the extra mile that you didn't have to travel in high school, because the expectations in college are a whole level above what you have previously experienced.

For much more thorough info http://siddharthavashishta.com/ , http://siddharthavashishta.com/make-donation.html
Sign up to rate and review this story