Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Michiyuki

Chapter 2-Dinner

by tiny14xx 0 reviews

Kakashi, after being invited to dinner at the market by Munenori and Akira, has the opportunity to meet the family of the two strangers.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-28 - 1654 words

0Unrated
Sitting there stiff and uncomfortable, Kakashi stared down at the table as Munenori retrieved his parents and sister, Akira sitting across from the man as she eyed him curiously. Finally she rests a hand on her cheek and used the table as her support as she opened her mouth to speak.
“I don’t think I caught your name…” Kakashi looks up finally and rubs the back of his neck.
“Uh yeah…sorry. I am Kakashi Hatake…”Akira makes a face before snapping her finger.
“Oh! I know who you are! I think my dad met yours once…he said he was a nice man…what was his name again?” Kakashi had flinched and shifted uncomfortably in his spot, his eyebrow furrowing.
“Um…Sakumo Hatake.” Akira noticed him shifting uncomfortably and felt instantly guilty as she remembered her father telling her what happened to the legendary shinobi.
“I see…I am sorry for your loss.” Just as Kakashi was about to respond, a man with black hair entered the room with Munenori trailing behind him. He was much taller and was obviously older with the look of age in his eyes, and silver tips in his hair much like the brother and sister before him. He looked strict and tough which only made Kakashi more uncomfortable. Upon later inspection, Kakashi noticed the same stars and silver eyes. After the man took a seat, Munenori did the same, two more women walking in after with scarlet hair that had no tips. From the looks of it, their eyes were normal and they looked more like sisters than mother and daughter. He turned back to Akira and her brother before facing the father, noticing the difference between the three siblings. Akira had a similar face to her mother, but most of her traits came from her father as did Munenori’s whereas the older sister took completely after her mother.
“You must be Kakashi, Sakumo’s son.” Kakashi turns back to the man before giving a small nod, clearing his throat before clenching his hand around the crystal that he had become so possessive over.
“Y-Yes sir.” The man’s expression suddenly and surprisingly softens as he slapped the boy gently on the back.
“Well I am Katsumoto Amaterasu, you already have met Munenori and Akira, the girl with golden eyes is my eldest daughter of the two, Katsumi and the one with the orange eyes is my wife Kiriko.”
“It is a pleasure to meet you.”
“An honor Hatake-senpai.” He doesn’t look, but he could swear he heard Akira give a snort before she stood up and tugged on Munenori’s jacket.
“Neh~ Nii-san~ we need to get changed and washed up for dinner, we have a guest today.” With a small chuckle, Munenori stands and follows the small girl tugging him along.
“Be quick you two!”
“Yes mother.” The two answered as he heard another chuckle followed by a small giggle before he heard the sound of a shutting door.
“Forgive them. They are rather close so they can sometimes be in their own little world.” Kakashi looked over at the closed door a moment before turning back and nodding stiffly.
“That is okay.” Katsumoto chuckles as he lightly elbows Kiriko who sighed.
“Look at ‘im! He’s so polite!” Blinking, Kakashi tried to wrap his head around the fact that the man who looked so strict and serious was acting as if he were a teenager again. Before he could muster up a response, the girl named Katsumi leans closer to him with a slight blush and a small smile.
“Hatake-san, I am a big fan of yours. I heard so much about you when we moved here. You are an excellent shinobi!” Kakashi blushed lightly before shaking his head.
“I-I am not that great…” Katsumi leans closer and was about to speak from what he could tell before her head suddenly fell down to the table to show Akira with her foot resting on the back of her head.
“Oi, you’re too close you letch.” Behind her was Munenori, shaking his head with a sigh. He and Akira were now wearing comfortable kimonos and at second glance, Kakashi noticed that the older male was no longer wearing his bandages and clearly showed the lifeless eye with a star pupil, a jagged scar crossing diagonally over it. Even with his scar and dead looking eye, he was rather handsome. While he chose a light blue hue that seemed to fit him well with his blue tipped hair, Akira picked a black kimono with bright orange and scarlet phoenix designs.
“Akira…please remove your foot from your sister’s head.” Akira looked over at her mother with a pout and was about to protest when a hand rested on her shoulder.
“Please sister.” And without an ounce of hesitation, the girl released her foot with a sigh, dodging her sister’s swipes and punches before she was lifted into Munenori’s arms and taken away to the other side of the table at a safe distance. Kakashi assumed that they must have been extremely close if the girl was willing to listen to him and not her mother.
“What the hell you brat?! We have a guest and you act like that?!” A red faced Katsumi shakes her fist angrily at the other girl who was sitting in her brother’s lap comfortably with her tongue sticking out. Finding it rather amusing, Kakashi chuckled softly in the silence, earning him some stares that quickly cut him off.
“Well, he finds it funny so…I suppose I can’t punish her for it.” Katsumoto nods as if satisfied while Kiriko turns to the man with a frown.
“What do you mean? She shouldn’t’ be kicking her sister in the head like that.”
“It wasn’t technically a kick mother…it was more of a push with her foot.”
“Oh hush!”
“I was only stating fact…”Another chuckle from Kakashi before Katsumoto slapped him on the back again with a loud laugh.
“There you go boy, loosen up a bit!” Kakashi cleared his throat before looking over at Akira and Munenori who were currently have a battle with their thumbs, the girl’s tongue sticking out as she concentrated on winning against her brother who was smiling with soft chuckles. His attention was soon seized by the movement of the mother who was now standing and walking towards the kitchen, to what he assumed, so she could get dinner. They waited quietly for several moments, small whimpers coming from Katsumi as she peered into a mirror, obviously whining about her red face, small grunts and whoops from the three Amaterasu’s that looked alike while Akira and Munenori played thumb war, Katsumoto now playing spectator and cheering on whoever looked like they were going to win. It felt strange, being with such a family after being alone for so long.
“Alright, here we are!” Kiriko comes out with a tray, Katsumoto quickly standing and helping her by taking it and carrying it to the table while he stole a small kiss and smiled. It made Kakashi wonder if all parents were as happy and in love as they were. Did his father love his mother and look at her the way Katsumoto did with Kiriko? Could they have been a happy family too?
Chopsticks and plates were spread out among the table, the brother and sister sharing one after refusal to part before everyone began to serve them from the tray resting in the middle. It was quite the spread and ended up being very delicious. Kakashi had almost forgotten about his awful past during his time there.

“Thank you very much for having me over, the food was delicious.” Katsumi, whose face was no longer red, wrapped her arms around one of his with a smile before kissing his cheek softly.
“Please come again Hatake-san. We all enjoyed your company.” After planting another kiss on his cheek, Katsumi went inside with small squeals that kind of annoyed him, followed by Katsumoto and Kiriko who smiled and waved goodnight. Left outside was still Akira who was smiling as well. He was surprised to see her without Munenori but had remembered that the older ninja had gone to bed rather early with an apology since he had to go to a mission early the next day.
“Well Kakashi-san, it was really fun. It has been awhile since we have had guests so I am almost sad that you have to go.” Akira gives him a sad smile that somehow made his chest ache before he quickly brushed it off and gave a small nod.
“Thank you for having me over today.” And now the part he dread. Kakashi lifts his wrist and slips off the silver chain before holding out the necklace that he had revolved his lonely and bored life around for the past few days. He watched as Akira looked down with a puzzled expression before she smiled and gently took the necklace only to study it for a moment before taking his hand and placing it in his gloved palm.
“I want you to keep it.”
“What? But it’s yo-“
“Please keep it?
“Why?” Even though he protested, Kakashi had already closed his hand around it.
“Well…so you have a reason to come see me again.” The girl smiles up at him as his cheeks become slightly pink.
“You want…me to come back?” She nods.
“Uh-huh. Think of it as a token of our friendship.”
“Our Friendship?” She gives another nod before she reached forward and gave him a hug, pulling away moments later with a brighter blush and shy smile.
“Come back okay?” With that, the girl went inside leaving Kakashi standing at her door step with a clenched hand, a shocked expression and hidden red cheeks.
Sign up to rate and review this story