Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Michiyuki

Chapter 4-Farewell

by tiny14xx 0 reviews

Munenori and Katsumi say their farewells to Akira.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Kakashi - Published: 2013-10-28 - 473 words

-1TrainWreck
“Do you have everything you need Nii-san?~” Kakashi watched as Akira handed Munenori his bag, the raven-haired male nodding in answer as he took the bag and pat her head gently. Not once did Kakashi see the man show a single sign of pain. How long had he been hiding this? How long had Kakashi not known of this man’s secret…that he was dying slowly and painfully? Katsumi walks into the room, her gaze moving to her brother and sister before turning to Kakashi where she gave a small nod as if that said it all. If Kakashi wasn’t trying to understand about what it is they were trying to do, he would be raving mad, would tie them down and make them stay for Akira’s sake.
“Where are mother and father?”
“They left for a meeting this morning…we made sure to get up early to say our goodbyes.”
“Eh? I hate goodbyes….it makes me think you are never coming back! Say…I will see you soon instead!” For the first time all day, Munenori flinched in pain and in guilt as he did his best to give the girl a smile.
“Right…I will try to remember that.” Akira reaches up and wraps her arms around his neck and gives him what Kakashi was sure was a tight hug.
“Be safe okay? Come back real soon!” Another flinch as he wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her just as tight, his pain finally reaching his face as his eyes watered. Kakashi was sure that the man told himself to stay calm and try not to let the grief get to him, but how could he not with all that she was saying?
“Akira…I’m…I’m so sorry…” Unable to tear his eyes away, he watched as the tears streamed down Munenori’s face.
“Sorry for what silly?”
“Forgive me.” Before the girl became worried and before she could respond, Munenori wiped his face and stood straight with a smile, his mask back up.
“Nothing…I just didn’t get much rest…you know how silly I am when I don’t sleep…” The dying male reached into his bag and held out something that looked like a present.
“I have something special for you in there. Please wait until you are a genin to open it okay?” Taking the gift with a confused expression, Akira nods.
“Okay.” Munenori leans down and plants a kiss on her forehead before waving farewell, nodding to Kakashi and stepping out of the home. Katsumi’s goodbye was almost the same as her brothers, more sad expression and tears. It took all of his energy not to pull Akira into a hug now and tell her he was sorry for what she was going to soon lose.
Sign up to rate and review this story