Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 10 Dear Diary 2-The Last Entry

by Reign_Madden 2 reviews

Joel gets to the end of the diary, but he begins to wish he hadn't read it at all.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-07 - 1336 words

0Unrated
Still Joel's p.o.v

I woke up as early as I could and left for school without Benji. I know Reign usually gets there early so I was hoping to catch her. I walk into the library and make my way to the back where she normally sits. I sit down and pull the out the diary.

21.00pm July 7th '95
Dear Diary
I totally missed school today, I woke up around 1:00pm. My head was banging I'm sure it was a combination of the alcohol and the tumble I took. I forgot all about my ribs till I tried to get out of bed. I looked at it in the mirror and there is a huge bruise, it hurts even to breathe. I had a really hot bath, to soothe it, and then I rubbed some deep heat in it. It feels a little better but it still hurts. My head is fine thank God it was just a little cut. Yesterday seems like a blur but I remember most of it, but that's only coz I wrote it down. My spelling was atrocious in my last entry but I guess that's the last of my worries. My mum's downstairs with Bo, I think he stayed here last night, and is staying again tonight. I think its bullshit that's he staying here in my Dad's bed they have no shame. Well I know better then to say anything I don't want anymore bruises. Night diary.

Dear Diary July 31st '95
I haven't written in a while. School broke up two weeks ago for the summer holidays. I must be the only person who wants school to continue, I'm stuck here now day in and day out. I'm officially in hell. Mum lost her job two weeks ago, so now we're living on benefits, which they spend on alcohol. I go out early and come home late, coz I can't stand to be here anymore. The house has turned into a hang out for Bo and his mates. They drink, smoke and snort coke till the early hours. Not only that but people are fucking and making out all over the damn house. I caught one of Bo's mates making out in my room with some coked up slapper. I grabbed the bitch by her hair and dragged her out my room. Bo's mate wasn't to impressed he called me every name under the sun before eventually leaving. The last couple of days I felt like breaking down, I want to scream and shout but I won't. I have so much frustration building up inside me but I can't release it. I refuse to cry, I want to cry but I won't as far as I'm concerned crying is a weakness. Things are going to be different around here. Say hello to the new me Diary.

I jump as the bell rings, I didn't realise the time. I had to get to first period. I got there just as the teacher was doing the register. Reign wasn't there yet, I assumed she was running late but she didn't show up at all.
I hadn't seen Reign all morning. At lunch I went over to our usual spot the others were already there.
'So I do have a brother' Benji says as I sat down next to him. 'I haven't seen you all day.' He continues.
'Yeah I know, sorry I left you this morning I had something to do.' I reply not looking at him.
'Hey Joel have you seen Reign today?' Billy asks me 'It's just that she said she'd help me with this essay for history but I can't find her.' He finishes.
'So you guys haven't seen her either, I've been looking for her all morning.' I say looking at each of them.
'Maybe she's sick, or it's "that time of the month" Paul states doing the air quotes.
'I doubt it' Benji says 'Joel was with her all night last night, girls don't do it during their time.'
'Ohh you and Reign huh.' Billy say grinning at me 'how was it?'
'Well It couldn't have been that good, cause Joel can't find her, maybe she's avoiding you, coz she aint got the heart to tell you how bad it was.' Paul answers bursting into laughter. I punch Paul in the arm, and then Billy for bringing it up.
'Firstly, I don't see Reign in that way, secondly I'm good in the sack okay and thirdly... well ok there isn't a third one but the first two are right.' I state.
'So where do you think she is?' Benji asks he hadn't joined in when the guys were laughing. I couldn't tell what he was thinking he looked concerned, but sort of relieved to.
'I don't know maybe she is sick, I'll stop by her house after school.' I say
'No way man' he rep;ies 'we gotta look for another job remember.' He reminds me
'Oh yeah. Lets do that I can call Reign when we're done.' I say.
We sat there for a while just chatting but Benji was sort of quiet, he joined in a little but he wasn't himself.
About 20 mins before our next period the guys left me at the bench and went off to get some food.
I open my bag and continue to read Reign's diary.

Dear Diary August 10th '95
Sorry I haven't written in a while.
I thought things couldn't get any worse, but they have. My mum and Bo had a huge argument last week. I was in the living room watching T.V. God knows what they were shouting about, but they decided to bring their shouting match into the living room. I just ignored them and carried on watching TV that was till he struck my mum. She fell to the floor and I jumped up so fast I knocked over my glass. I watched as he stood over her, shouting in her face. I didn't do anything though. What could I do? I just grabbed my stuff and left. I don't think he's hit her again since. I never been so angry in my whole life, I'm starting to see red. One thing's for sure if he ever hits my mother again it will be the last thing he ever does.

DEAR DIARY AUGUST 20TH '95
OMG WHAT DO I DO? I'M FREAKING OUT. I DIDN'T MEAN TO, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M WRITING THIS, I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO READ IT AGAIN. IM GOING TO JAIL, SHE'S GOING TO JAIL TOO. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I WAS ANGRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT. SHE'S CALLED THE POLICE. IT'S ALL OVER NOW I CAN HEAR THE SIRENS, MAYBE TWO/THREE ROADS AWAY. MAYBE I CAN RUN FOR IT. BUT HOW FAR WOULD I GET? THE SIRENS ARE LOUDER NOW AND MY HEART IS BEATING FASTER. I'M THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK.
DEAR DIARY THIS WILL PROBABLY BE MY LAST EVER ENTRY. THEY'RE PULLING UP NOW AND TWO OFFICER AND TWO PARAMEDICS ARE WALKING TO THE DOOR. DEAR DIARY JUST SO YOU KNOW IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, I DID HIT HIM BUT I NEVER MENT TO KILL HIM.

Thats it, the last entry. I stopped reading, my heart is beating fast. I frantically turn the remaining pages of the book looking for another entry, but there isn't one. I steady my breathing and put the diary back in my bag. I feel sick, she killed someone no wonder, she was so secretive. I wish I hadn't read the diary now I wished I didn't know. I have to find her this has to be a mistake.
I grab my bag and walk as fast as I can. I've never skipped school before but there's no way I can even think about anything else. I got to know what happened. I pick up the pace and replay what I've read in my mind as I make my way over to Reign's.








Sign up to rate and review this story