Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

No, I'm good

by sickly_ill 1 review

Chapter 27 - No, I'm good.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-11-12 - 3286 words

0Unrated
A/N: As a makeup for last chapter malfunction. Enjoy!




It’s graduation day! I’m getting ready at my house. Adelia curling her hair and Fabi using my make-up. “Are you guys excited?” Adelia asks.

“I’m more nervous. What if I fuck up in the line up like I did today?” I refer to my earlier mess up while rehearsal.

“You’ll be fine. You’re good at learning from your mistakes.” Adelia comments as she’s finishing up her last curl.

“I hope so.” I brush through my hair one more time. I’m pretty much finished. Simple make-up, straight hair, white and black lace high-low dress, diamond studs. I grab all my stuff and put it out on the couch in the living room. Of course, it has to start raining. I just hope my lizard design on my cap doesn’t run. “It already started raining, girls! Let’s get outta here before it gets worse.” I call to my friends.

“I’m almost done!” Adelia shouts.

“Well, hurry up. Or your fat ass can walk!” I slip on my knee high, black, velvet boots over my basketball socks.

“Shut up!” I hear her yell. I giggle to myself. Then Fabi comes out with her things as well.

“I’m ready.” She smiles. She looks so pretty in her red bubble dress and long flowing locks. She’s a curvy girl and she’s so beautiful. I just smile at her.

“You look cute.” I compliment.

“Thanks.” She beams.

“Elio! Hurry up!” I yell down the hall. He’s coming out of his room, cap and gown in hand. He’s wearing black on black on black. Black slacks, black button up, black tie, black dress shoes. He looks handsome for once. He grins at me. He stops at my room.

“C’mon, babe! We need to get going!” He tells Adelia.

“I’m done, okay?” She comes out and kisses my brother. I just look away.

“Alright, guys. Let’s get out of here.” I grab my things and we all pile into the car. I park once we get to the stadium and we all run to the cover to get out of the rain that is now pouring. I hope it lets up soon, or else graduation on the field will be a total mess.

The girls and I find the restroom and get ready, putting on our gowns, chords from clubs, pins, medallions, caps, and tassels. We fix our hair and then make our way out to find Elio. But he’s nowhere to be seen. I just look around and hear a squeal. I look over and it’s Lauren. She’s running towards me. She jumps on me and hugs me tight. I almost fall over, but Fabi and Adelia steady us. “Oh my gosh! You look so pretty! And it’s graduation!” She beams and then lets me go.

“Yeah, Lauren.” Is all I can say. “Where’s Austin?” I ask.

“In the bathroom. Him and Hayden are getting ready. I swear, they’re worse than us.” She smiles. I giggle.

“I think Elio might be in there too.” I nod.

“Maybe.” Lauren nods too. “So, have you heard from PNCA yet?” I give her my confused face. How does she know about that? “Hayden told me and Austin the other day. Said without a doubt you’d get in. He thinks highly of you and your artistic skills.” She gives me a sly smile. I just blush. “Did you know he even has a few of your pieces in his room hanging on his walls?”

“Actually, yeah, I did.” I bite my lip. “I drew him some stuff a while back.”

“Well, he seems to really like ‘em ‘cause he’s getting customized framing for the pieces he’s got.” I just furrow my brows again. He’s never once told me anything about this. “I’m guessing you have no idea.”

“Nope.” I shake my head.

“I’m assuming he would’ve eventually told you. He has a way of forgetting important things.” She giggles. I smile and then see someone out of the corner of my eye. I look over and I see the boys walking towards us. Hayden, Austin, and Elio. I blush. Hayden looks so handsome in his blue cap and gown. His broad shoulders pulling it a little tight up top. I smile as his eyes find mine. His icy blue eyes. His thin pink lips pulled into a dazzling smile. His shaggy golden hair peeking out of his cap and resting on the middle of his forehead. His septum popping out in that way that is just too darn cute. He has in his diamond plugs I bought him. My heart skips as I watch him come to stand in front of me. I look up and he looks down at me. He smells delightful.

“Hi.” He smirks. I just blush and grab the back of his neck. I pull his lips down to mine and kiss him hard. I slide my tongue into his mouth and I hear sounds around me. Cat calling, whooping, and lots of Ooo’s. I just smile as I feel Hayden’s arms wrap around my waist. He tightens them around me and lifts me. I squeal and giggle. He pulls back with a grin. He’s still holding me.

“What was that for?” He asks as he searches my eyes.

“Because I love you.” I whisper. He grins and pecks me.

“You’re amazing.” He puts me down.

“I know.” I grin. He smirks and shakes his head in exasperation all while he rolls his eyes. I giggle at his reaction.

“C’mon, let’s go graduate.” He takes my hand and we’re lead to the stadium. There, we have family time to take pictures with everyone before we have to go line up. I find my family and we take millions of pictures. Lots of me and Elio. Then some of Hayden and me after he comes and finds me after hanging out with his mom and Susan. Then we hear the announcement.

“Attention all graduating seniors, please head to your positions so that the ceremony may begin.” I kiss my mom and dad good bye.

“See you on the other side.” Hayden grins and kisses me. He heads to one end of the field while Elio and I go to the other.

“Well, your dumbass is finally graduating.” I quip to Elio.

“Shut up.” He pushes me playfully. I line up and he follows behind me. I come first because my first name begins with a C. “Are you nervous?” He asks.

“Yeah.” I take a deep breath. “You?”

“Fuck yeah.”

“You’ll be fine. Just don’t puke or trip.” I grin. He tisks and I laugh.

“Bitch.”

“Pinche.”

“Skank box.”

“What?” I laugh.

“You heard me. I saw how you kissed Hayden.” He plays.

“You’re just jealous Adelia doesn’t kiss you like.” I poke my tongue out at him.

“Oh, she kisses me alright. Just like that. But not exactly on my lips.”

“Oh, God.” I place my hands over my ears. Elio grins and starts to make kissy faces. I just close my eyes now. I hear Elio laugh. Then, I hear the cheesy music we have to walk down the track to.

“It’s time.” Elio murmurs.

“The moment of truth.” I whisper more to myself. I feel Elio grip my shoulder for reassurance. I place my hand over his and we smile at each other. We’re finally graduating.


Graduation was emotional. While getting my diploma I got a big hug from my counselor and a spider mum. I walk back to my seat and a few students perform. Then there’s a slide show and we’re off. Going out graduated seniors. I find Hayden and Elio. We go to the entrance and find my parents. Then I see Darla, and wave her over. She meets my parents. They seem to get along well enough. “So, where you kids headed?” She asks us.

“Well, there’s a party in Portland tonight.” I mumble. “Can we go?” I ask my mom and dad. They share a look.

“Fine. Be home before midnight.” My mom says. I grin. I nudge Hayden next.

“Uh, Mom, may I go?” He asks.

“Are you gonna come back in one piece?” She teases him.

“No promises.” He quips. She smiles.

“Don’t be out too late.” She says, he nods in agreement. We take a few more pictures and then turn in our gowns.

“Is Austin coming?” I ask Hayden.

“Yeah. He said he’ll meet us there. He decided to skip the grad party.”

“Okay. Well, let’s get out of here.”


In Portland, Hayden directs me to a big house. Very upscale. At least three floors, gated entrance, marble pillars, and a garden fountain. “How did you find out about this party?” I ask Hayden as we walk up to the French double doors.

“My buddy lives here. Said we could swing by.” He shrugs. “Why?”

“Looks like these people got money. I don’t even know people like this.” I giggle, trying not to offend Hayden. “I’m not saying you’re not good enough to know people like this, it’s just strange.”

“I know. I get it. But he was at the shooting range and was never taught how to reload his shotgun. I helped him out.” He shrugs. I just nod and Hayden goes in without knocking.

The music rattles the walls that are filled with art and pictures. There’s a huge crystal chandelier hanging about twenty feet above our heads. The place if filled with a soft glow from the lights. There are people everywhere with glass beer bottles in hand. “The H-man!” A tall, handsome, muscular white dude bellows as he spots my boyfriend.

“Freddy!” Hayden grins. They hug as I just watch.

“This must be your girlfriend.” Freddy grins down at me. He’s just as tall as Hayden. He has cute dimples and a killer smile.

“Yes. Sky, this is Freddy.” Hayden says.

“Hi.” I grin.

“I’ve heard much about you. Nice to meet your acquaintance.” Freddy takes my little hand in his firm grasp, bows down a little, then places a feather light kiss on my knuckles. I blush instantly. Freddy has class and manners. A gentleman.

“Alright, Freddy. Keep your hands to yourself.” Hayden cuts in with a nervous chuckle. I frown.

“I get it.” Freddy lifts his hands in surrender, communicating no offense. “My apologies.” Hayden just nods. “Would you care for a drink? Beer for the man? Champagne for the lady? We have wine if you prefer.”

“Wine sounds nice and fancy.” I crack a small smile.

“Right this way.” Freddy squares his shoulders as he leads us to the mini bar in the spacious living room where everyone is mingling with one another. The girls are gorgeous and dressed in designer clothes. Mostly in cocktail dresses. I’m just here in my skinny jeans, velvet half-calve, lace up boots, and mint green sequenced tank top with my leather jacket keeping me warm. I feel so out of place as I look around at what looks like male Hollister models. They’re all handsome. Elio eyes them.

“I think we just walked into a Vogue photo shoot.” Elio whispers to me. I giggle. He’s here alone. Adelia wanted to go to the grad party with Fabi.

“Shh!” I giggle.

“Here you are.” Freddy hands me a crystal glass half filled with red wine.

“Thank you.” I take it with a smile. He grins at me. He gives Elio and Hayden a Heineken.

“Feel free to mingle, and take advantage of the open bar.” Freddy says before he leaves us. I sip at my fancy wine. It’s not too bad. I look out and watch the crowd. No one’s dancing. They’re just talking. How lame. I turn over to Hayden. He’s looking so sexy in his steel toed boots, faded Levi’s, and black v-neck. He decided to leave his jacket in the car. His white plugs in and dark blue septum. A backwards cap and damp hair peeking out.

“I feel weird.” I whisper to him. He chuckles.

“We can leave if you want.” He looks down at me.

“Nobody’s dancing.”

“Then we should teach ‘em.” He smirks. I cock an eyebrow at him. Just then, “Midnight City” by M83 comes on. Right then I see Austin and Lauren come in.

“Let’s do this.” I put down my glass on the mini bar. I motion Lauren over and we go over the plan. We move all the furniture to the side as everyone watches us. They look confused. Offended almost. Once all clear, we start to dance. People chatter amongst themselves as they watch. I just smile and keep dancing. “Carried Away” by Passion Pit plays now, and I lets my body take over. I notice Freddy out of the corner of my eye. He grinning. Then, he grabs a girl and comes out to join us. Soon, people start to join our group. Lauren and I giggle and we all have a good time.

After a while, Hayden and I take a break. We’re sweaty and thirsty. We head over to the bar and grab a beer. I take a seat on the bar. “You’re a very good dancer.” I compliment him.

“I learned from the best.” He grins. I kiss him lovingly. Then I see a cute blond approach Hayden.

“Hi.” She gives him sexy eyes. I look over at Elio and he just shrugs. I look back at her. “I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me.” She flips her hair over her shoulder. I smirk.

“No, I’m good.” Hayden declines politely. That’s right, bitch!

“Well, if you decide to change your mind,” She touches his arm and goes in a little closer. Her lips find his ear and Hayden scoots back a little. I barely catch what she says. “Here’s my number.” She takes out a piece of paper from her bra and slides it into Hayden’s back pocket. My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. I see Hayden freeze. She pulls back and winks at him. I’m about to jump up off the counter when I feel a hand on my arm. I look and Elio’s giving me a warning look. I frown and restrain myself with all my might.

The blond struts away in her heels and skin tight, emerald dress and goes back to her group of friends. They all giggle as she gets to them and they glance over at a stunned Hayden. I jump off the counter now. Hayden turns to me with shocked eyes. I dig into his back pocket, produce the little paper, and rip it up into tiny pieces. I throw it on the floor. I’m so furious right now! “You need to stop being good looking.” I mumble. Hayden doesn’t say anything. Just then, Lauren and Austin join us. “Come to the bathroom with me.” I take Lauren’s hand and go in search of a bathroom. We find one upstairs. I slam the door shut. “Did you see that?” I ask Lauren.

“Yes! That slut!” She says. “That’s why we went over there. I didn’t want a fight to break out.”

“It took everything in me not to kick her in the face!” I pull at my hair. I then sigh and sit on the edge of the tub. “What am I going to do, Lauren? I can’t fight every girl that goes up to him.”

“Yes you can! And I’ll help you. Because if some bitch did that to Austin, I’d go ape shit too.” She waves her finger in the air. I giggle. “I’m serious!”

“I know you are.” I take a very deep and calming breath.

“Better?” Lauren asks. I nod. “C’mon.” I smile and we walk back to the mini bar. When I get within ten feet I see another girl all up on Hayden. She’s a red head. Tall, skinny. She’s giggling at something he said and touching his shoulder. And he’s not stopping her! But instead gives her a flirty smile. I remember when he used to give me that smile. Lauren looks at me, but I ignore her concern. I march right up to them, slip my body between Hayden and carrot top and shove her away. She scoffs but backs down easily. With a flip of her hair, she struts away.

“Sky, what the hell?” Hayden asks with furrowed brows.

“Don’t turn this on me, Hayden! What the hell are you doing with her?” I’m about to burst into angry tears.

“We were just talking!” He argues.

“Oh, talking?” I fake a chuckle. “Looked to me she was about to give you her number too. And I’m sure you’ve called her that second!”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Sky!” Okay, so I know my boyfriend is a little flirty, but I mean, come on! I’m standing right here and he still doesn’t switch it off! I can’t take it anymore.

“You know what, Hayden?” I give him a faux smile. “I’m not gonna argue with you.” I press my lips together and put my hands on my hips.

“Hallelujah!” He raises his head and hands to praise the ceiling.

“Have a nice night, Hayden.” I turn around and walk away before I do something beyond crazy.

“Where the hell are you going?” I hear Hayden yell at me. “Sky!” He calls. I just ignore him. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I wave it off. But I find out it’s not Hayden. It’s Elio. He follows me to the car and takes the driver’s side.

Elio starts the car and we head back home. We’re in the heart of downtown Portland heading to the freeway. “That prick!” I shout. Elio just keeps his eyes on the road. “First Bailey, and now blondie and carrot top!?” I’m seething. “Would you ever pull that shit with Adelia?” I ask, but never let him answer. He just glances at me. Sitting quietly as I rant. “Of course not! ‘Cause you’re not a major douche! Unlike my boyfriend.” I frown. We’re stopped at a red light. I sigh. “What am I gonna do, Elio?” I look over at him. He looks over at me.

“Listen to angry music.” He turns up the stereo and out comes “Scream, Aim, Fire” by Bullet for my Valentine. I just smile and start to bang my head. My hair flying everywhere. Elio and I shout along to the words. After the songs over, Elio turns it down and we’re laughing. He always makes me feel better. “Better?” He asks. I nod. The light turns green now. Elio starts forward and we’re half way across when an unnoticed car with headlights off rams into the side of my car full speed. On Elio’s side. We spin and stop adjacent the car. Who’s stopped. Then another car speeds towards us. On my side this time. I watch it in slow motion. The headlights approaching me. Blinding me. I hear the screech of brakes and tires, but it’s too late. We take the other hit and I black out.
Sign up to rate and review this story