Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Let's Be Alone Together

Chapter 4

by julieannexx 0 reviews

Asdfghjkl

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-11-18 - 890 words

0Unrated
We had to sneak around the back of the hotel and into the back of the theatre to set up the stage and warm up.

"Nervous?" Joe asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "It's scary."

"You'll be fine," Joe said. "You're just expecting the worst to happen."

"That's what Patrick told me," I replied.

"What?" Patrick asked and looked at me and Joe.

"Just that thing about how I'm expecting the worst," I said. "Not anything crucial."

Patrick nodded and rubbed his hand on my back. I blushed but it calmed me down.

"Youll do great," he said. "I know you will."

I smiled back as we made our way into the back of the theatre. Stage managers helped Andy set up his drums while Joe and Pete tuned their guitars as Patrick and I started on our warmups in the dressing room backstage.

"Let's just start with some vowels," Patrick said.

"It's just like middle school choir all over again," I mumbled under my breath and Patrick let out a small laugh

"Aaaahhh," he sang perfectly as usual.

"Aaaahhh," I sang back in unison.

"Good," he replied. "Ooohhhh," he sang in a low octave.

"Ooohhhh," I sang again in a low octave as well.

"Eeeeee," he sang.

"Eeeeee."

"Ehhhh."

"Ehhhh."

"Ooooo."

"Ooooo."

"Great!" he replied.

We practiced a few more exercises, like diction, a few more vowels and some Sinatra for the heck of it.

"I hear fans," I said, nervous as ever.

"You'll be fine," Patrick said, smiling and looking into my eyes. "You'll blow them away, I know you will."


Just after he said that, a stage manager walked in.

"Show starts in 10 minutes, get in the wings and get ready," she said really fast and left the doorway.

"Any last minute things you want to go over?" Patrick asked.

"Hm... Can I crowd surf?" I asked.

He looked at me weirdly. "If you want to be ripped to shreds, sure."

"On second thoughts I better not," I said and got up to walk to the wings with Patrick following.

He hugged me from behind, "Stay back here until I say so."

"Alright," I said. "Good luck."

He let go of me and walked onstage with Pete, Andy and Joe. The crowd went INSANE.

"HELLO CHICAGO!" Patrick yelled in the microphone.

Fans were screaming and taking pictures or videos as they started playing The Phoenix.

"Put on your war paint!" Patrick sang.

Fans went crazy and jumped and cheered all through the rest of the song. The song finished and they played My Song Know What You Did In The Dark.

During Alone Together, Patrick kept glancing over at me. I smiled and he smiled back as he finished the song. Then Where Did The Party Go was next. I loved this song. This got me upbeat and excited to perform.

Just One Yesterday was up next.

"Alright, so we have a special guest here tonight.. Patrick said in the microphone.

"Is it Bronx?!" I heard a fan girl ask loudly.

"Sadly, no, it isn't Pete's adorable son," Patrick spoke. "But it is Joe's best friend from high school, Becki Watson!"

The stage manager gave me a microphone and shoved me onstage. I walked and stood next to Patrick. I looked out into the crowd.

A few cheered and I hear someone say loudly, "is she Patrick's lady? 'Cause if she is, you sir are a lucky man to have such a pretty gal."

Patrick blushed but people couldn't tell from offstage.

"Nooooo... She's our good friend aaaaaand she's singing for us on tour!" Patrick said.

I turned on my mic.

"Hi," I said and waved at the crowd.

I smiled. It's hard to contain your excitement when you're singing with Fall Out Boy.

"Hi!" the crowd yelled back and I laughed.

Okay, off to a good start.

Patrick started singing and I was excited for my first solo.

"... Then I'd trade all my tomorrow's for Just One Yesterday," Patrick sang.

"I know I'm bad news," I sang loudly and a lot of people cheered.

"...For just one yesterday," Patrick sang and looked at me.

"I saved it all for you," I sang back.

"...For just one yesterday," he sang.

-Skip rest of concert (I don't have time to do a full concert tonight but il go into more detail in another chapter!)-

I went back onstage and we all lined up for final bows. The crowd went ballistic as we went offstage into the dressing room.

Patrick, Andy, Joe and Pete were all sweaty and I was just tired.

"What time is it I asked?" I asked.

"10 something," Andy replied.

-After stage clean-up-

"Well let's get back to our hotel, I'm tired," I said as we all started to walk out the back of the theatre.

By the time we got to our hotel rooms, I was going into my room when Patrick yanked my arm.

"Great job," he said. "I told you they'd love you."

"As a matter of fact you did," I responded. "Night."

"Night Becki," Patrick responded and went into his room with the guys.

I immediately locked the door to my room and plopped into bed and was out cold.

Tonight was one of the best nights of my life.
I'm going to enjoy this tour a lot, I can already tell.
Sign up to rate and review this story