Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

My Daddy is a Time Lord

by kaybet 0 reviews

After the Ponds, The Doctor decides to "retire" and 16 years later, here we are with him and his 16 year old daughter, Amelia Pond Smith, who has no idea who her father really is. Then River Song s...

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-12-02 - 497 words

0Unrated
Chapter One, Fairy Tales

When I was little, my dad would come in my room, late at night when he thought I was asleep, and he would tell me fairy tales. Most of them were wonderful tales, full of mysterious creatures that lived on magical planets and how a madman in a box would go to these places with his trusting compainings, the policewoman who wasn’t really a policewoman and the roman, and how the three of them would have great adventures and explore the unknown!

Oh, how I loved these midnight tales.

But sometimes, not always, the tales turned darker and scarier. These tales always ended with my dad suddenly leaving without an ending to the story and, depending on which one he was trying to tell, I’d either end up crying or having nightmares.

But one story was my favorite. Dad would talk about this planet, Gallifrey I think, and the way he described the way the wind blew or the sunsets was just poetic. And I was only six and didn’t know words could be that beautiful.

“I wish you could have seen it, Amelia, Gallifrey was an amazing place. It’s gone now, though.”

After I turned twelve, the midnight visits stopped. I think he figured out that I was staying up to hear his stories because of how tired I was the next morning and how cranky I had become at school. I got into several fights and was called to the principle’s office more than once. Every time he got a call, Dad would take an hour or so of from his job from the university, where he was an astrophysics professor at, and come and pick me up. There he would drive me to the beach and we would sit on the hood of the car.

It was awfully cold there, so he would bring a blanket and wrap it around me. Most of the time we didn’t talk, and after an hour or so we would go home just like that. But one time was different.

“Have I ever told you why your name is Amelia Pond Smith?” He asked me and I shook my head. “I had this friend, you see, and she used to come along with me wherever I went. She had fiery red hair and a temper to match. She was very scottish. Her name was Amelia Pond.”
“What happened to her?” I asked him. He turned his gaze from the grey sea looked at me with a sad smile. Though I was only twelve at the time, I could tell that whatever happened to her was tragic from the way his eyes looked.

“We should be off.” Dad said as he looked at his watch. I never found out what happened to the mysterious Amelia Pond.

That was the night that I waited up all night to hear his story and he never came in and hadn’t since.
Sign up to rate and review this story