Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 12 Skeletons In The Closet

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

What really happened that night in August '95

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-08-08 - Updated: 2006-08-08 - 1236 words

0Unrated
Flashback to August '95

The day started off normal with you waking up around midday. You looked out your window at the dreary London weather you were used to the grey skies so it didn't bother you a bit in fact it suited your mood perfectly.
You dressed quickly, unsure of what you were going to do that day but knew you had to get the house. As you were leaving you stole a couple of notes from your mum's purse she wouldn't even notice so you didn't feel too bad about it.
You walked down to the local park you'd been hanging around there recently with some people from school you didn't know them well so they were more like aquaintences.
You spent most of the day there watching the others smoking and messing around, that didn't really appeal to you so you drank instead. Everyday was the same for you, kind of like the movie Groundhog Day.
You got home that night around 10:00pm, you we'ren't drunk but you were merry, buzzing off the beer and cheap wine that you consumed earlier. You only came back early coz it was starting to get cold and the other kids had to go home.
You walk through the door and are greeted by the usual sound of your mum screaming obscenities at Bo and him matching her word for word. You close the door behind you and make your way to your room.
'Where the hell have you been?' Bo said turning his attention to you. You stop walking and turn to face him.
'what's it to you?' you say with no expression. He's never cared before why start now.
'I asked you a question?' he said raising his voice.
'That's funny coz I think I asked you a question?' you reply.
You can see him getting angry, but you don't care you've passed the stage of giving a shit.
'Now you listen here you little shit.' He said staggering towards you 'I know I'm not your father, coz that useless son of a bitch is dead, and good riddance to him. But I demand respect and you will show me some or so help me God I'll pound it out of you.' He finished. He was standing a few feet away from you and before you could help yourself you spat at him, straight in his face. 'Don't you EVER talk about my father like that.' you retort, you could feel the anger pumping through you veins 'You're nothing but a lowlife wanker, your like something that I'd scrape off the bottom of my shoe. Don't you ever mention my father again, your not even half the man he was.' you finish talking and your whole body was shaking the whole room was silent except for the TV playing in the background.
You turned to go to my room when you feel a hand grab at you hair. Before you knew what was happening you fall to the ground and pain explodes through your face. You cover your face with your hands as more punches rain down on you. You can hear Bo's voice but can't make out what he's saying. You roll over onto your front and push yourself up on your hands. You feel pain shoot through your ribs as Bo slams his leg into you, you cry out falling onto your back. You must've blacked out for a second because when you come to you see Bo throwing your mum into the dining room table. She skids across the top knocking over the plates that had been there from this morning and hits the floor with a thud.
He walks over to her and drags her to the middle of the room by her hair, she screams and tries to struggle from his grip. You collect yourself and stand up, you run at him using your full body weight to send him crashing into the TV.
You run over to your mum, and try to help her up, but Bo recovered quickly and grabbed you by your throat and pushed you against the wall. You can feel his grip tightening and you dig your fingers into his flesh, drawing blood. He tightened his grip even more and you feel the air leaving your lungs. The last thing you heared is a sickening sound of metal colliding with Bo's bones and feeling his grip loosen on your throat.

You feel your mum shaking you violently. You open your eyes and see blood running down her face, she's talking to you but you can't hear her, you can only see her what looks like four of her.
You close your eyes for a second and slowly open them. This time everything is in focus.
You see Bo sprawled out on the floor, blood seeping out from the bottom of his head.
'I had to Reign he was hurting you.' Your mum was crying hysterically. You stand up your head is pounding. You walk over to the phone and start to dial 999. Your mum rushes over, snatches the phone and hangs up.
'What are you doing Reign?' she asks.
'What does it look like? I'm calling the police. Give me the phone.' You say aggressively trying to snatch the phone from her hand.
'No Reign you can't I'll go to jail, they'll put me away.' She cried walking away from you.
'Mum it was self defense for fuck sake. If you don't give me the phone he could die and then you'll definitely be locked up.' You shouted.
You were getting frustrated and your head was pounding, you could barely open your right eye and your ribs felt like they would snap if you breathed to deeply.
You looked over to where Bo had fallen. She had hit him with his own golf club. He never even played golf he just kept it because he thought it looked impressive.
You slid down the wall, this was the worst night of your entire life. You closed your eyes for a second when you hear your mum scream.
Bo was not only up but was staggering over to her. He punched her to the ground and began kicking her in her head and stomach. You run over to where he had been laying only seconds before and pick up the club you swing it giving it everything you have. You feel it connect with his back and you watch him fall awkwardly, as he goes down he hits his head on the table and falls to the floor.
You drop the club like it's poisonous. You back up a couple of steps and fall to the ground.
'Oh God what did I do?' you cry out loudly.
Everything is moving in slow motion, you get up and leg it to your room. You didn't even check to see if your mother was okay, you just had to get out of there. You grab your diary and start writing you're not even sure if you're actually making sense.You can hear the sirens and see the red and blue lights flashing outside your window. You pull back the rug that covers the middle of the room and pull up the floorboard. You place the diary in the floorboard and cover it back just as a police officer bursts through your bedroom door. That's all you remember of that night.
Sign up to rate and review this story