Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Why So Soon?

by sickly_ill 1 review

Chapter 31 - Why So Soon?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2014-01-20 - 3197 words

0Unrated
A/N: I sincerely apologize for not posting lately. My life has been turned upside down & everything is just jumbled up. But I haven't forgotten y'all! Here is a short chappy, but there will be more soon! Promise! :D Enjoy




We grab Austin and Lauren, and we all head out. We get to Muchas Gracias and have a quick meal. Hayden scarfs down his huge chicken burrito while I manage two tacos. “How can you eat so much?” I ask him.

“I haven’t had anything since lunch, babe. And I’ve been on the ice all day.”

“But you eat like this all the time.” I giggle.

“Sorry I’m a human being and actually eat.” He nudges me. “You’ve eaten two small tacos, babe.”

“Well, I ate earlier.” I defend myself. He looks at me with a smirk.

“Okay, then.” He kisses my lips. I just give him a weird look. What’s with him tonight?

“Are you trying to say I’m too skinny for you?” I ask.

“No. Not at all. I was just giving an observation. You haven’t eaten much. And I like a girl who can eat.” He says. I just frown. Lauren and Austin watching us.

“Meaning, not me.” I cross my arms over my chest and pout. Jeez! Sorry I can’t eat two Big Macs and wash it down with a large Coke!

“Sky, I never said that.” He says softly.

“You didn’t have to!” I say exasperated.

“Sky! I didn’t even hint that!” He throws his arms into the air. I just glare at him. “I didn’t! You even thinking that is a little offending! When have I’ve given you reason to doubt me?” He returns my stare. But then he realizes that he has given me many times when I doubted his love and feelings for me. “Fuck! Don’t answer that.” He pinches the bridge of his nose and shuts his eyes as if in pain. I just frown. He sighs. “I’m sorry.” He whispers and leans his forehead against mine. “Can we just have a good night? I promise to shut the hell up.”

I giggle. He chuckles softly. The sound vibrates throughout my body. And instantly, I forgive him.

“You’re such an ass.” I clasp his head in my hands.

“I know.” He murmurs. I kiss his lips sweetly. Then we hear Austin grumble. I smile
and we return to our former positions.

“Dude,” Lauren gapes at us, “You guys are horrible.” She laughs. I just blush and smile. Hayden grins and puts an arm over my shoulders.

“At least we’re horrible together.” Hayden quips.

“I thought you were gonna shut the fuck up?” I snort. We all just laugh.


“Yeah, just drops us off at Sky’s.” Hayden tells Austin from the back seat where he’s sitting next to me. Austin nods and drives us there. We get out and I grab my stuff.

“Bye, guys!” I wave to them when they drive off.

“Are your parents’ home?” Hayden asks.

“Of course.” I say as I grab his hand and we stroll to my door. He sighs in disappointment.

“I guess we can’t get sweaty tonight.” He pouts.

“But it seems that Elio’s home. We can go parking.” I suggest as we stand at my door.

“Mmm, perfect.” He kisses my lips.

“Let me just get the keys.” I go inside and deposit the tote. I grab the keys from the hanger and sneak back out. I rattle them and Hayden grins. He takes them from me, and we both jog to the car. We get in.

“I know the perfect place.” Hayden drives us to the river. There, he drives onto shore in a secluded area. He parks and cuts the engine. My heart is racing. How does he know of this place? He leaves the stereo on. “Best Day of my Life” by American Authors plays.

“Have you brought girls here before?” I whisper.

“No. I’ve always gone to their house or something. No, I found this place when Austin and I went tubing out here.” He motions out towards the flowing, dark water with his chin. I look. “We had a few too many that day. The current flipped over his tube. I went in after him. I helped him swim to shore. This shore.” He tells me the story in a soft voice. “I didn’t think twice about jumping in after him. It felt it was something I had to do. Once my heart choked me when I saw him fall in, my instincts took over.” He keeps staring at the water. His index finger resting on his lips. I just listen intently. “Savior” by Rise Against playing on my mix. “And today, on the ice, I felt that same feeling when that prick said shit about you.” He gets angry.

“What did he say?” I whisper.

“He said you were a nice piece of ass and that him and his team would like to train you. Get into that tight pussy of yours. Make you scream for their dicks.” He’s fuming. I just grimace. “And I snapped. Instinct took over again. I wanted to so badly beat that fucker’s ass!” His voice makes me jump. “And I was so close to doing it! So fuckin’ close, Sky!” He looks over at me. “But once I scored, it felt so awesome. Rubbed it in that fucker’s face.” He chuckles. “Once I showered, I just wanted to get to you and make sure you were okay. Make sure you’re still mine.” He reaches over and I feel his fingers sweep my curls back. His touch is electrifying. His fingers curl around the back of my neck, his thumb rubbing circles on my throat. “I love you, Sky.” I smile.

“I love you, too.” I put my hand on his bony wrist. “Hayden.” I whisper his name. He grins.

“I love it when you say my name.” He says. “But right now, I want you to scream my name.” His words make me want him. My pussy starts to throb for him.

“Make me.” I challenge him. He smirks.

He leans in and kisses me. It makes my body tingle in response. I moan softly into Hayden’s mouth. We heatedly kiss. My hands in his hair, his on my hip and one up my shirt fondling my covered breast. I move one hand down his cheek and caress his face. I run a finger over his stretched lobe and he moans appreciatively. I smile and trail my fingers down to the bulge in his pants. I rub him. He hisses. “Fuck.” He curses as I keep stroking him through his pants. Then, I push my hand into his pants and into his boxers. I grip him. “Shit, Sky.” He grumbles.

“Shh.” I coo as I start to trail kisses down his neck, sucking on the flesh right under his jaw making sure I mark him good. He just moans as I do it, all the while I’m fondling his impressive hardware. “Oh, God. Sky,” He breathes. I smile and skim my fingers over his nipples, covered by his shirt. He moans again. Then, I gently pull him out of his pants. I lean over the middle console and blow on his pre-ejaculate covered cock. He bucks his hips slightly. I grin. “Here is your reward, campeon.” I call him champion because he scored the winning goal.

“Mamacita.” He breathes. I giggle. His Spanish isn’t half bad. He chuckles, but it turns in to more hissing when I take him into my mouth. He tastes splendid. Salty and manly, husky. I bob my head and suck, swirling my tongue around his tip over and over again. He whimpers softly as I bite down a little. I keep at my intimate assault until he comes powerfully into my mouth. “Oh, Sky!” He cries. I lick him clean and wipe at my mouth, coming back to sit upright in my seat. He pants with his eyes closed, his head leaning back on the seat. “Oh, baby, I love you.” He reaches over to grasp the back of my head and pulls my lips to his. He kisses me passionately, his tongue massaging mine. I moan softly. He pulls back. Still panting.

“I love you too, Hayden.” I smile. He grins cheerfully. Soon, we’re French kissing in the back seat of my Jeep. He’s eating me out hot and heatedly. I writhe as his tongue devours me and licks up all my juices as I come loudly.

“You sound so sexy when you come.” Hayden whispers against my neck as he lays down on me. Resting his head on my shoulder, his mouth nipping at my neck.

“So do you.” I pant as I still try and get my breathing under control. He chuckles. I giggle a little. He eventually lays his head on my clothed breasts. We didn’t have the time or space to remove my clothes. I just stroke and play with Hayden’s golden hair. So soft, but a little sweaty.

“Come on, we need to get outta here before we get caught.” He gets up and helps me straighten myself out.

I drive him home. “Goodnight, baby.” He kisses me before he gets out of the car.

“’Night.” I smile. He heads in and I head home.


When I get in, I hang my keys and head to my bedroom, but when I pass the dark living room I see a slumped form on the couch. I freeze. Slowly, I make my way to the light switch and light spills out. There, on the couch, is Elio. He’s deep in thought, but blinks as I turn on the light. He turns to me. “What’s wrong?” I ask as I see the trouble in his eyes.

“She broke up with me.” He frowns.

“What?” I ask in disbelief. Adelia broke up with Elio? I take a seat next to him, shocked.

“Said she didn’t want to be with someone who wants to voluntarily shoot people and get blown up.” He explains. I furrow my brows. How can Adelia be so shallow? Leaving him when he needs her the most.

“That bitch.” I whisper.

“Don’t be like that, Cielo. I understand.” He mumbles.

“Then why can’t she understand your decision?” I ask, bristling anger.

“Lets just go to sleep.” He makes to stand, but I place a hand on his arm. He sits back down.

“You don’t need her. I’m here for you.” I smile slightly, trying to make him smile. And he does.

“I know. It just sucks.” He shrugs. “Come on.” He wraps an arm around my shoulders. We get up and are about to head to our rooms, my arm around his waist, when he stops. “Oh! This came for you today.” He hands me a big package with my name on it. It’s from PNCA. I look up at him, my heart racing. This is it. “Well! Open it!” He encourages with a grin. I take a deep breath and rip open the package. Confetti comes flying out. Small stars, balloons, and cursive words that read: Congrats!

Oh, God! My heart leaps up into my throat. I thumb through all the brochures and loose papers and find a purple folder with a shiny, golden sticker on the front holding the two opening flaps closed. It reads: WELCOME. I take another deep breath and rip the sticker down the middle. I open it and read out loud, “Dear Cielo, Congratulations! After reviewing your application and portfolio, we are pleased to offer you acceptance to Pacific Northwest College of Art for the Fall 2013 semester.” I gasp. Oh my God! I place a shaky hand over my mouth as my eyes tear up. Elio beams at me. He howls. I giggle and let tears of joy spill down my face.

“I knew you could do it!” He hugs me hard. I hug him back just as hard. He was the first one I showed my essays to. He helped me pick out pieces for my portfolio and went to the post office to send my application out.

“What the hell is going on?” My dad bounds down the hall at us.

“She got in!” Elio answers for me since I still can’t speak. I’m still in shock. Reeling. My dad comes over and reads the folder. He then embraces me. He kisses my hair.

“Good job, mija.” He releases me. Then my mom joins us. She gasps while reading it and cries too. We all stand in the living room, in the middle of the night, embracing because I got accepted! Could this night get any better for me?

“What else does it say?” Elio asks, full of joy.

I read, “You have been awarded a $12,000.00 PNCA Willamette Scholarship. This scholarship provides a maximum of $3,000.00 per full academic year and is renewable for a total of four academic years.” I even got a fuckin’ scholarship! Elio punches my arm.

“Nice!” He grins. I just smile.


I wake the next day to the birds chirping at my window. The sun shining through my blinds. I open them and let the warmth spill in. My acceptance letter sits on my desk. I smile. I haven’t told anybody yet. Only the family knows, for now. Just as my mind drifts to Hayden, my phone rings. Walk the Moon. I think I need a new ringtone for him. I sit up and reach for my phone. “Good morning.” I answer.

“Good morning.” I hear Hayden’s cheery voice at the other end. “Are you just getting up?” He asks.

“Of course.” I yawn and stretch, standing.

“Lazy ass.” He teases. I giggle. “So, what are your plans for today?” He asks.

“First, I need to tell you something.” I say.

“Okay.” Hayden turns serious.

“I got a letter from PNCA yesterday.” I keep the excitement out of my voice.

“Okay.” Hayden swallows. He’s nervous. “And?” He prompts.

“I got in!” I beam. I hear a sigh of relief. I laugh.

“You had me going there for a minute.” He chuckles. “But, congrats. I know how hard you worked to get in.” He says warmly. “So, I suggest we celebrate!”

“We are. The family and I are going out to dinner tonight, but I’m sure they won’t mind you tagging along. I mean, you helped me out with my essays. And you were there when Elio and I were picking out portfolio pieces.”

“I don’t know, Sky.” He sounds unsure.

“I’ll ask and call you with the results. But I don’t think it’ll be a big deal.” I say.

“Well, if they say no, I won’t be offended.” He says. I just nod and then recall the night’s events.

“Did you hear?” I ask Hayden.

“Hear what?” He replies with a question.

“Adelia broke up with Elio when he told her last night. That’s why he wasn’t at the game.” I frown. I still can’t believe she did that.

“What?” Hayden asks in disbelief.

“Yeah.” I murmur. “I had the same reaction.”

“Wow.”

“I know. How can she just drop him when he needs her the most? I mean, he’s enlisted into the fuckin’ army. We’re not happy about it, but we’re supporting his decision the best we can.” I start to bubble with anger.

“I’m sure she has a valid reason.” Hayden says. Is he taking her side? “I mean, wouldn’t you break it off with me if I enlisted?”

“That’s just it, Hayden. I wouldn’t. I’d be there to hug you when you left and there to kiss you when you came back, if you came back.”

“Well, not everyone’s made to be an army spouse. It takes a lot of work.” Hayden says.

“Mexican women are made for anything, Hayden! We’re brought up that way. We stand by our men. Through everything and anything. Obviously that part didn’t stay in her thick skull.”

“Why are you so mad?”

“Because she left my brother, Hayden! He doesn’t deserve than and you know it!” I shout. “He told me that her reasons were, and I quote, ‘she didn’t want to be with someone who wants to voluntarily shoot people and get blown up’! Those aren’t valid reasons, Hayden!”

“Then why are you yelling at me!? You should call her up and give it to her! Not me!” He shouts back at me. Fuck. He has a point. I sigh in defeat.

“I’m sorry.” I just about sob. “I’m just mad that she would ever do that to him. He loves her.” I cry.

“I know, Sky.” Hayden says softly. “But maybe he’s better off. He doesn’t want a wishy-washy girl. He needs a solid rock. Like you.” I smile through my tears. “Someone to stand by him and hold down the fort when he’s away, and then make his stay comfortable when he comes back home.”

“Oh, Hayden, why do you have to make sense sometimes?” I wipe at my face.

“I have my moments, baby.”

I chuckle.

“Look, just go out with your family tonight. Spend some time with them before Elio leaves. We can always hang out after.” Hayden says.

“Okay.” I sniffle and nod.

“Okay, then. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Hayden says. I nod again.

“Okay, Hayden.” I breathe. “I love you.

“I love you too.”


At dinner, Elio, Mom, Dad, and I have the best of times. I’m sure going to miss this. Once Elio leaves, everything will be different. So different I’m scared if it’ll be good or bad. I have a feeling it’ll be bad. But who knows. Maybe life will surprise me.

At home, I get ready for bed. I’m exhausted. I’m crawling into bed when Elio comes in. I smile and snuggle underneath my covers. “Hey.”

“Hey,” he comes over to me.

“What do you need?” I ask sleepily.

“If you had room for one more.” He says softly. I smile and scoot over. He slides in. He knows he’s leaving soon and he needs to take some memories with him. I take a deep breath and lay my head on his shoulder while he wraps an arm around me and kisses my hair.

“When do you leave?” I ask, fearing it may be sooner than I hope, which is never.

“Next Monday.” He swallows. It’s Wednesday! I nod and feel tears begin to well up.

“Why so soon?” My voice cracks.

“It’s when camp starts. And I didn’t wanna wait any longer.” He says. I just nod again.

“I’m gonna miss you.” I cry. Elio just hugs me and lets me cry some more until I fall asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story