Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > the girl that you love

I've got all this ringing in my ears and none on my fingers

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Emily meets Patrick's mom.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-08 - 2582 words - Complete

0Unrated
"If you guys were married, you think it would be any different? you think you would of told him right away?" Pete asks inquisitively as we approach the venue.

"yeah, It definitely would of been different" I said sadly. we quit talking as we got close to our buses.

"Em! you feeling better?" Patrick asked when I stepped onto the bus.

"yeah, I guess so. I'm going to go lay down though." I said heading for his bunk.

"And you! a stolen car? really? you two must of stuck out like a sore thumb!" Patrick nagged at Pete. I started smiling as I over herd the conversation from from Patrick's bunk.

"It's fine Trick, she just was really sick and I was the only one around to help. plus the car wasn't technically stolen. don't tell me you wouldn't of done the same thing." Pete said rationally.

"well, thank you Pete." Patrick said.

"don't we have like a show to do to or something?" Pete asked.

"yeah. we do actually. Em, are you staying here?" Patrick called to me.

"yeah."

"okay, well just text me if you get sick again. I'll be checking for the texts in between every couple of songs. I'll send a member of staff over to help and I'll be back as soon as our shows over." he said coming over to the bunk kissing me on the head.

"okay" I agreed. "I love you."

"I love you too. and seriously, if you get sick, please text." he said. I rolled my eyes but made him a promise anyway. he knows I can take care of myself, but hes just worried about me. the two guys left the bus in a hurry. not too long after they did I closed my eyes feeling tiredness take over my body.

"I couldn't of been asleep too long, because I still herd FOB's music playing muffled in the distant back ground. I sat up feeling my stomach swirling. oh no. I ran to the bathroom and instantly barfed as soon as I reached the toilet. If this was morning sickness it wasn't too morningly its more like periodically through out the morning and night sickness. I got done with round one knowing there would at least be a second round. I sat on the floor groaning as I pulled out my phone. I had made a promise.

"not doing too great over here" Is what I text. I didn't want to, I really didn't want dome random staff person hovering over me awkwardly as I puked. eww. that would make everything ten times worse. I groaned again thinking about it. once I was sure I had some time until the possible 2nd sickness round, I managed to get to my feet and walk over to the couch. I didn't want to lay down because I think it makes the sickness worse. Instead I just turned on the T.V. A tiny blonde girl who looked to be just a bit younger than me stepped on the bus. she was wearing a bright green staff shirt with big black lettering on the front and back.

"hello, miss Law." she said. "are you okay?" she asked "I brought this for you." she held out a bottle of sprite to me. "we have ginger ale if you would rather have it."

"thank you so much" I said taking the bottle from her "this is great." "I'm doing a little better now." I said then opened the bottle and took a drink. "so whats your name?" I asked

"Elaine" she replied with a smile and a hint excitement.

"I'm Emily. I would shake your hand, but I think I'm pretty gross now." I said with a laugh.

"I know. you are pretty famous." she said. I laughed.

"psh, I am not. that's crazy." I said. she looked at me as if I had just said something strange.

"your so down to earth!" she said.

"well, thank you." I said now looking at her as if she was crazy.

"oh! I didn't mean to offend you or anything! do you watch like celebrity news and stuff, right?" she said.

"your okay, you didn't. no, not really, I just kind of sit on the bus all say, I guess, I'm kind of blocked off from the outside world." I said laughing

"oh. your everywhere." she said pulling out her phone and putting something in before turning it around to me for me to see a celebrity gossip magazine website with some pictures of me on it. It was weird. "you use to be known as FOB's mystery girl." she said with a smile.

"that's crazy. I had no Idea." I said.

"I probably should go, I have work to do. There were so many things I wanted to ask you too!" she said sadly.

"nah, I'll cover for you. come over here and sit down with me, ask away. besides your not done making me feel better" I laughed.

"are you sure I wouldn't be bothering you or anything?" she asked

"not at all. I need to talk to another female, its been too long!" I said. she eagerly came over and sat next to me on the couch.

"so, your dating Patrick, right?" she asked with a smile.

"yeah, hes a pretty awesome boyfriend." I said. I could tell she was so exited.

"Is this really Fall out boy's tour bus? what are they like?" she asked.

"yeah, this is their bus. Haven't you talked to them before?" I asked.

"no, I don't think I'm allowed. And I've defiantly never been on their bus before."

"believe me, its a lot different when their on it." I laughed sarcastically. "you can meet them if you want" I said. "Patrick will really appreciate that you came to my rescue"

"Oh my gosh, really?!" she yelled.

"yeah."

"I don't know when their set will be over but as soon as they come back I'll introduce you." I said.

"thank you so much!" she said. "I can't believe how nice you are!" that made me smile.

"anything for my first fan I've ever met" I said. she looked utterly giddy. "so do you like Panic! too?" I asked.

"yes! oh my gosh, Brendon is so gorgeous!" she said. I cracked up in my head not wanting to offend her.

"do you want to see their bus? I can show you where he sleeps?" I waggled my eyebrows at her.

"heck yes! are you feeling up to it?" she said.

"yeah, I'm perfectly fine now." I said getting up and walking off the bus with Elaine in tow. the bus was parked behind ours and I didn't even shave to show a pass to the security guard to let us in. "well, here it is? what do you think?" I asked as she stepped on the bus behind me.

"pretty messy." she said with a laugh there were papers and Styrofoam plates everywhere. I led her back to the bunk area and pointed to Brendon's bunk.

"That's where Bren sleeps. he snores." I said chuckling. "I hope you like snorers" I said to her with a wink making her laugh. once the tour was over we returned to the FOB bus where Patrick was waiting for me.

"hey hun! I see your feeling better. who's your new friend?" he asked. he had clearly just gotten out of the shower because he had his batman P.J.s on and no shirt and his hair was wet.

"I am, thanks to Elaine here. Elaine this is Patrick." I said. Patrick reached out his hand for her to shake but she looked at him in awe a moment before shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Elaine, and thank you for helping my girlfriend out, shes been pretty sick lately." he said graciously.

"I- uh- It was really no problem" she said.

"don't be scared of him, hes a big softie." I said messing up Patrick already messy hair. she blushed.

"you guys are so normal." she said.

"cause we are, were really just normal people on a bus hanging out" I said shrugging.

"people don't understand, that just because people know who we are doesn't mean were stuck up or anything... well I mean some people might be like that but were not." Patrick said.

"Can I hug him?!"Elaine asks me.

"I dunno, ask him not me." I laugh.

"yeah!" he said . "I never turn down a hug, just let me put on a shirt first" he chuckled. he had disappeared and re appeared with a whit t shirt on. she ran up to him and hugged him. this made me smile, hes just so nice to everyone. Elaine pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"oh my gosh! my boss just sent me a text. I gotta get back to work!" she said.

"maybe you two can hang out next time you see each other. if your boss gives you any problems, tell him to come talk to me or Em, okay? it was nice meeting you" Patrick said.

"yeah, thank you Elaine. I'd love to hang out with you again, maybe introduce you to Brendon." I said. she thanked us before leaving.

"she said I was famous." I told Patrick.

"well, you kind of are, your like everywhere." he said.

"how did you know this and I didn't? I don't feel famous." I said. he laughed.

"I still don't feel famous or anything. I guess you just don't notice those kinds of things. when people first started coming up to me asking me to sign things for them I was really freaked out wondering why they wanted me to sign their Fall out Boy CD's. I just didn't see it coming. hey em?"

"yeah?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet my mom? well we could video chat her."

"sure, when?" I asked.

"well, now. she wanted me to call her after the show tonight...she really wants to meet you.."

"Of course I will Patrick." I was starting to feel nervous. I didnt know anything about his parents, it had never come up.

"whats her name?" I asked.

"Patricia. don't laugh." he said

"I wasn't going to!" I said. "what about your dad?" I asked.

"my Parents split up when I was young. but hes a folk singer." he said.

"If your anything like him, I bet hes good." I said making him smile. he disappeared off where the bunks were and came back with his laptop.

"are you ready?" he asked.

"yup" I answered nervously.

"It will be okay, she'll like you." he said and before I knew it there was a short haired woman with Patrick's eyes saying hello to us.

"hi mom!" Patrick smiled. "this is my girlfriend Emily" he said.

"oh son! shes beautiful! Its nice to meet you Emily!"

"It's nice meeting you too Mrs. Stump. your very beautiful yourself!" I said.

"oh please sweetie, Call me Pat." she said with a smile. "so what do you think of my handsome son?" she asked.

"your right he is very handsome, and smart and sweet and so many other things I can't even begin to list." I said making Patrick smile.

"oh, knock it off you two!" Patrick said playfully.

"you two look so cute together! you should of brought her down when you were in Chicago before you went on tour Patrick!" she said with a smile. that was when Patrick refused to talk to me, he came to Chicago and I didn't even know.

"some things came up, or else I would of" he said.

"I'm still looking to actually meeting you though Emily, you seem good for Patrick."

"Thank you Pat." I said

"so how did you two meet? I've herd a lot about you, but I still havnt herd about hoow you guys met." she said.

"well, actually the story is kind of cute." I said "I was at this restaurant,in Chicago, with a guy who was my boyfriend at the time and he confessed he was cheating on me. So I stormed out and it had been pouring down rain. Patrick had seen the whole thing, you tell the next part hun." I said urging him to continue the story.

"I had seen what happened, and I was done eating any way, so I left. and I just remember thinking how bad I felt for her. I ended up driving past her. she looked so cold in the rain, so I offered her a ride. and she just would not get in the car because she thought I was dangerous or something. I finally got her to get in, and she just seemed so sad. and it all just goes on from there, but that's how we met."

"she looks very happy now though, son. and I've never seen Patrick so happy" she said.

"thank you mom, we do make each other happy" he said. "but we have to go before the guys all pile on the bus and get loud" he said.

"okay sweetie, tell the boys I said hi. and it was so nice to meet the girl my boy loves so much" she said.

"It was very nice meeting you too Pat. Hopefully we get to meet for real soon." I said.

"something tells me you will." Patrick said. "bye mom"

"bye guys! oh and you better start answering my texts Mr.!" she said in a motherly tone.

"I promise I will." he said we said our good byes and hung up.

"see? that wasn't so bad, right?" Patrick said with a smile.

"no, not at all. shes a very sweet lady." I said.

"so when do I get to meet yours?" he asked

"I-uh..don't have any parents." I said

"oh I'm sorry Em. what happened to them?" he asked with a saddened face.

"I just never really had any. I became an orphan when I was about one. my parents were really heavy drug users and couldn't take care of me. I was told when I was a teenager they both overdosed and died." I said.

"I'm really sorry. what about child hood friends? do you still talk to any of them?" he asked.

"no, I didn't really have any of those either. I was just a really lonely kid. when I met mike he seemed like the only person that cared about me, but things just turned sour over time and he just became mean. I stayed with him because I just kept thinking he was the only person who cared about me. I told him I wanted to move to Chicago and start over, so we did. but that's when you found me. and its all okay, because I got the change and the life I was looking for, with real people that care about me." I said.

"I can't even tell you how glad I am that you came to Chicago." Patrick smiled and kissed me passionately. I yawned. "someones sleepy" Patrick said.

"yeah, I guess I am." I said realizing I was pretty tired. Patrick picked me up and carried me bridal style to our bunk. "that was cute." I giggled as he crawled in with me and closed the curtain behind him.

"thanks. we have some time before the guys are supposed to be back on the bus..." he trailed off "what do you think?"









Sign up to rate and review this story