Categories > Books > Sherlock Holmes > Only Lies Have Detail

Rage Of The Moment

by whatsupwatson 0 reviews

"I'm fed up of being the person everyone laughs at, the joke. I want to be treated as a human being."

Category: Sherlock Holmes - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-11 - 443 words

0Unrated
I focused my attention on her. She knew the reasons why I had left. She knew the reasons why I was back. My reasons were different, my reasons were important. Yet her she is just to show off about how she pretended to die. I ignored the comment waiting for to open her huge mouth again.

"Anyway, you should be happy to see me." She stood up, skimming her hand over the table as she walked to me.

"Why?"

"Don't tell me you've forgot about...us?"

"There was never an us."

She sighed sitting on the edge of the table taking my hand.

"Don't be silly."

"I'm not being silly." I said trying to keep calm.

"Well you ar-"

"I'M NOT BEING SILLY." I shouted, standing up.

"Sherlock-"

"What? You're going to tell me how this was coming for me right? How everything is my fault? I'm fed up of this. I'm fed up of being the person everyone laughs at, the joke. I want to be treated as a human being." I took a deep breath and headed out of the room. I don't know what came over me, but I wasn't sorry for it.

"Sherlock!?" She called.

I didn't respond, I kept pacing the hall, ignoring her.

"Sherlock!" She called again. I still didn't answer, it's not that I didn't want to, I couldn't.


I carried on to the front door where I flung it open.

"Sherlock you're being immature about this."

"No, you're the one who left."

"Yes I did." I heard her voice crack slightly and she coughed bringing it back to normal. "But so did you. You haven't even asked me why I left. You don't know why I left."

"I don't want to know why."

"Because you know it hurts."

"NO BECAUSE-"

"BECAUSE WHAT SHERLOCK? BECAUSE YOU'RE AFRAID OF THE TRUTH?"

"I don't need anyone to save me."

"You do. Everybody needs somebody. How longs John going to be around for now? He's having a child with Mary. You'll see him every few weeks, then months, then you'll occasionally get a card at Christmas then it will stop. He'll forget about you completely but you'll be the one there, phone in hand hoping. Wishing. Praying."

She grabbed my wrist and in shock I reflexed and hit her.

She fell to the floor as I had put more power into the punch than intended. All my life I had to defend myself, sometimes it comes out on accident.

"I am so sorry!" I quickly said as her nose began to bleed.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I couldn't just leave her here, like this.
Sign up to rate and review this story