Categories > TV > WWE

Twenty Seconds

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

In twenty seconds, they realized that they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. Chris Sabin/OC.

Category: WWE - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2014-02-19 - Updated: 2014-02-21 - 1102 words - Complete

0Unrated
One

Chris had thought that he was prepared for pregnancy and its varying stages, but he couldn’t have been more wrong if he tried.

Two

She was ecstatic about carrying Chris’ baby, but she wasn’t thrilled with the morning sickness and constant fatigue. And she felt bloated and disgusting constantly.

Three

But, for all its drawbacks, pregnancy did have a positive side. Both of them were thrilled that they had created a new life to bring into the world and raise, even though they were both a little terrified as well.

Four

Chris knew that he’d made the right decision when he saw his girlfriend’s eyes light up after presenting her with a brand new nursery for the baby.

Five

He wanted to ask her to marry him, but he didn’t want it to seem like the only reason he was asking was because she was pregnant. Chris loved his lady more than words could express, and he wanted them to settle down and have a family. He wanted to be the perfect husband and father.

Six

She was excited about being a mother and a wife, but also very nervous. She didn’t know if Chris had any plans to ask her, and she didn’t want to bring her feelings up, lest she anger him or possibly make their relationship awkward. But that didn’t mean she wasn’t hoping for a proposal, or at least a reaffirmation of their commitment.

Seven

The idea of proposing made Chris extremely worried. He had no idea how to go about it, so he sought out Alex, Sonjay, and Petey for advice. All of them gave him different tips and pointers, but in the end, Alex’s was the most helpful: speak from the heart. Chris didn’t want to spout a bunch of words that sounded awkward and insincere.

Eight

In the end, Chris needn’t have worried. His loved one responded to his proposal with a resounding yes, followed by a stream of tears, and as he held her in his arms, Chris knew that he had made the right decision. He couldn’t wait to spend the rest of his life with her.

Nine

Marriage was a scary situation, but she was more than ready to settle down, be a housewife, and have a family. It was her dream to be the kind of mother that she had been deprived of growing up.

Ten

Chris wanted a huge family, but he wasn’t sure if that would be too much, too soon for his fiancée. They had discussed having children, but they hadn’t discussed how many they wanted to have. Chris supposed he probably needed to bring it up at some point, but he wasn’t terribly worried about it now.

Eleven

She hoped that she could be the mother her kids deserved and the wife that Chris always dreamed of. She didn’t have much confidence in her abilities or in herself in general, but Chris was always reassuring and reminding her that she was perfect to him.

Twelve

Chris’ first ex-girlfriend showed up to congratulate the couple when she learned of the news of their nuptials, and although his fiancée was initially wary of the other woman’s intentions, she was relieved to find out that Chris’ ex really had changed, and was genuinely happy for them.

Thirteen

However, she had no plans to tell her father, or her absentee mother. She didn’t plan on ever telling them, and she hoped that they would never find out, but she knew that wasn’t realistic. Her relationship with both of her parents was rocky at best, and if she had her way, they would find out when everyone else, save for close friends and family, did.

Fourteen

Chris’ mom and siblings treated her better than her family ever had, and she was eternally grateful and felt blessed to have such a loving, warm family that accepted her for who she was, faults and all. She didn’t feel like she had to be anyone other than herself with them, and Chris was exceptionally pleased that his fiancée and his family got along so well.

Fifteen

Chris had met her father a couple of times, and he tolerated him for his fiancée’s sake, but he really didn’t care too much for the other man. Chris had seen his fiancée cry numerous times as a result of her father, and he was glad that he was getting the love of his life out of that situation. She deserved far better.

Sixteen

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“Positive.”

Chris smiled and squeezed the woman’s slim hand.

“I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Seventeen

They planned their wedding for the summer. Chris loved summer. They had also decided on having an outdoor wedding, and Chris knew just the place—his backyard. The scenery was beautiful, and the weather was warm and breezy, perfect for a wedding.

Eighteen

They requested that only their closest friends and family attend, because neither of them wanted a huge, formal wedding. This was the happiest day of both of their lives, and they were ecstatic to share their union with them. But they didn’t want any drama whatsoever, which was why they had carefully selected who they would invite.

Nineteen

Chris could feel his heart hammering in his chest, so loudly that he was sure everyone with a three mile radius could hear. He couldn’t help from beaming proudly as he surveyed the scene in front of him. Everything was perfect—he couldn’t have asked for a better day. His bride was blushing and beaming back at him as she walked down the small path that Chris and his friends had styled into a makeshift aisle. She was accompanied by Chris’ best friend, and with every step closer to him, Chris could feel his stomach tightening and his heart swelling with infinite love.

Twenty

As they gazed into one another’s eyes, both of them realized that they had never known true love until this moment, and all of the mistakes they’d made and fights that they’d had in the past didn’t matter. Everything was insignificant compared to this moment right now. They were in love, more in love than they had ever been, and they were ready to take the plunge to prove it.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”
Sign up to rate and review this story