Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Clowns (Can You See Me Now?)

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Part one of Meredith and Judy's dinnertime confession.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-02-24 - 434 words - Complete

0Unrated
Clowns (Can You See me Now?):

-Judy-

Tonight's dinner turned out rather messy. At first, it was going smoothly. Mom agreed to have dinner with Meredith's family. I told her that I had some great news to give her. Initially, mom gave me an odd look.

"What good news?" she asked. I gave her a sweet little smile.

"You'll have to see at dinner," I told her. Mom frowned at me after I said that.

"Why would I have to wait then?" she asked.

"Trust me, it will be worth it," I insisted. "Oh, and feel free to bring Duncan along." Mom really raised an eyebrow at my words.

"Why would I do that?" she asked. I gave her a harmless shrug.

"What's the harm?" I asked. "Morgan's bringing Greg over, so I figured, why now?" The look on her face told me that she didn't buy it. "Anyway," I said. "Dinner's at seven."

"That late?" my mother asked.

"It's Mer-bear's family," I reasoned. "They always eat at seven." My mother rolled her eyes. She hates when I use my partner's pet name for her. I laughed at her reaction.

"It's not funny," she grumbled. /It is to me/, I thought. Suddenly, the door bell rang downstairs.

"Ah," I spoke up. "Greg's here." My mother gave me a blank stare.

"So soon, but why?" she asked. I glanced over my shoulder as I left her bedroom.

"He's helping out with the cooking," I answered.

"He's going to be in my kitchen? Helping out with the kitchen?" mom asked rather shocked.

"Of course," I said kindly. "This is the twenty-first century after all." I went out the door before she could say another word. Downstairs, I found Morgan letting Greg in just in time.

"Welcome," I said behind them. They turned and saw me just I was coming down the stairs to the doorway. Greg gave me a small wave.

"Sup?" he asked.

"Good, you're just in time," I said.

"Think Duncan will show up?" he asked.

"I'm hoping so," I muttered to myself.

"Sorry?" he asked. I quickly shook my head and smiled.

"Never mind that," I said. "To the kitchen everyone! We've got work to do!"

"Yes ma'am!" Morgan and Greg said in unison. I led the way for what I hoped would be a successful night.

-Meredith-

Outside, I rang the doorbell. The heated breath on my neck told me that this would be a long dinner tonight. Just give me through this Hell so that I can focus on other things.

You Said You Love Me, That was Just a Lie
Sign up to rate and review this story