Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Ride the Flame

Strange

by zap_da_raikou 0 reviews

He was strange...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2014-02-25 - 1131 words

0Unrated
I didn’t get a chance to talk to Frank again. As soon as I got called in, he was leaving, looking at me right in the eye.

His gaze never faltered as I walked into the office. I was able to catch a quick glimpse of him though the thin pane of glass and then he was gone.

“Have a seat, please,” The warden motioned to a seat in front of her and slide into it. “Now, Victoria Carlisle, what are we going to do with you?”

“Is that a rhetorical question, warden?” Her eyebrows raised and I sighed, thinking I should probably keep my mouth shut.

“I’m thinking suspension for fighting, smoking and riding this atrocious thing,” she pointed to my board, “on school grounds.” I was taken aback.

Smoking?!

“That’s a load of bullsh…” She gave her eyebrows another raise. “Baloney.” I cleared my throat. “I assure you, ma’am, Frank and I weren’t smoking. I was riding my skateboard, I confess, and fighting but we were not smoking. I didn’t even see those other two dudes smoking! I just smelt it on one of the boy’s breath.” She gave a sigh and stood up, promptly crossing her hands behind her back.

“I don’t know if I should believe you,” she stated with her back turned to me.

I sighed, thinking that there was absolutely no way that I was getting out of this mess.

“Ok warden, do what you have to, but spare Frank.” This caused her to turn toward me. “Don’t suspend him, it was my entire fault. I’ll take the fall for all this.” I looked down at my hands which sat in my lap and waited for sentencing to be carried out.

She turned away from me again.

“You know, it’s funny,” she simply said.

“What’s funny?” I asked nervously.

“He said the exact same thing,” she turned and looked me in the eye before turning back around.

She took a deep breath.

30 seconds went by before she finally turned around again.

“You won’t be suspended, a month of detention for the both of you ought to teach you two the errors of your ways.” I was beside myself with joy. I didn’t get suspended, I only got detention.

I got detention for a whole month.

Fuck!

I got detention for a whole month with Frank Iero.

Yes!

She sat back down in her seat and motioned for me to go. I stood up and gave a small smile as I grabbed the doorknob.

“I’ll be watching you, Ms. Carlisle.” I turned around to face her.

“I’ll be watching you,” I did the infamous maneuver from ‘Meet the Parents,’ “warden,” I was out the door before she could say anything.

Frank was there, smack dab in the middle of a crowded hallway. First period had just ended and the students were pouring out of their classrooms.

The funny thing was, and still is to this day as I sit back and remember, that all I noticed was Frank. His eyes, his face, everything about this boy made the hustle and bustle of everything going on around us obsolete.

I saw him standing there, walking up to me then right in front of my very eyes.

“What she stick ya with?” He asked as he started walking next to me.

“Detention for a month, you?” We brushed past a group of girls in a grade above us. Their eyes were locked onto Frank.

“Same,” he gave a cute shrug and I had to look away, I had to get rid of the blush from my cheeks.

He grabbed my arms and made me face him.

He got really close to my face, I was sure it was illegal on school grounds.

“Don’t do that, Vic,” He whispered softly, staring deeply into my eyes it was like he could see my soul.

I nervously swallowed the lump in my throat.

“Do what?” I whispered back.

He closed his eyes and lean forward.

My heart was beating so fast, how could he not hear it?

“What did I tell you, Ms. Carlisle?” My eyes popped open and my head sharply turned in the direction of the Warden, just showering us with looks of disapproval.

Blood flooded my face and I walked away, with Frank close behind.

He was getting farther behind, I was walking so fast

I could hear him shouting.

“Vic! Vic, wait please!”

I couldn’t stop; I couldn’t face him after that.

We barely know each other, what is he thinking?!

What am I thinking?

“Vic!” A strong hand gently grabbed my arm, causing me to turn abruptly and straight into his chest, straight into Frank.

He smelt amazing. I could pick up many different scents, like the ocean. I remember how the ocean smelt from a vacation with my parents which seemed so long ago.

He smelt like the woods where I hike a few miles out of town.

He smells like burning wood.

I reluctantly pushed myself off of him and looked him in the eye, careful not to get hypnotized again.

“What is it Frank?” I asked casually, trying not to give the wrong idea, again.

“Why did you run? Was it something I did?”

Boy was it something.

“I don’t know you, Frank,” I told him roughly. “I don’t know anything about you. I’m not in the habit of kissing boys I don’t know and I’m not about to start!” I tried walking away again but his grip stopped me.

“I’m sorry, Vic. I don’t know what came over me. It’s just that I haven’t felt this way in a…” He stopped midsentence and a distant look shone behind his eyes. “Well, in a very long time,”

I scoffed at him.

“Frank, you’re only 15 years old! How long is a long time for, kindergarten!?” I was shouting now, I didn’t mean to, I just didn’t understand this boy at all.

He was strange.

I pulled my arm out of his grip and he let it go this time.

I walked away from him and he didn’t stop me.

When I began to run, I didn’t hear him shouting for me to stop.

That’s when I began to think about it.

Did I really want him to stop me?

Did I want him to keep me in his embrace?

That’s when I began to think about the biggest question of all, the one that buzzed in my head like an angry bee stuck in a grocery bag: should I take a chance with that strange boy named Frank Iero?
Sign up to rate and review this story