Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Hard Row

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Greg's thoughts on Morgan, what's going on, and marriage.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-03-14 - 514 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hard Row:

-Greg-

I think Morgan is hinting something at me. I would like to think that I don't know, but I really do. She's looking for a ring from me. I don't really know how to handle this yet. To tell you the truth, I haven't even thought about marriage. I'm just recovering from nearly losing my job last month and I'm not ready for another change in my life at the moment. Morgan doesn't seem to understand and pursues it anyway. However, there is a more pressing issue tonight.

I have been summoned to deal with the Judy-Meredith crisis at dinner. Judy's pregnant and wants to break the good news.

"I don't understand why I have to come along too," I told Morgan in the car. "You have Duncan there, so why do you need me too?"

"You're pretty much family now," she told me. I raised an eyebrow at that statement.

"Why do you say that?" I asked. She leaned her head on my arm.

"You love me, right?" she asked.

"Of course, I do!" I said.

"Well then, you are part of my family," Morgan declared. I don't think that's how it works, I thought. She won't listen to me anyway.

"Let me stay like this until we get home," my girlfriend murmured. I couldn't help but smile to myself. /You can be a bit of a child at times/, I thought.

Don't get me wrong, I do love her. I probably will marry her one day. I'm just not really up for it right now. The party's coming up and Rose is leaving. Plus, Nessa's sister has moved in with her. Then, there's this dinner coming up. Morgan couldn't have picked a worse time to start thinking about marriage. I reached up into my CD pouch and pulled out a random Black Keys album. I just got into this band through an old college buddy I caught up to the other day. He handed me one of their CD and told me to give them a try. They're pretty good and right now my favorite song is "Lonely Boy." It certainly is helping me calm down and think as we're driving to her house.

Maybe marriage wouldn't be such a bad thing. I'm not getting any younger and Morgan would look cute in a wedding dress. Now that I think about, I might want to marry her, but it's not a good time to think about things like that. I'll work things out after dinner. She just needs to calm down with this whole plan and then we will take steps through everything.

I pulled up at Morgan's house and tapped her on the shoulder. "Wake up, we're here," I whispered. Morgan slowly drew open her eyes and yawned.

"We're already?" she asked.

"Yep," I said. "Ready to do this?" Morgan kissed on the bridge of my nose.

"Wish us luck," she whispered.

"Luck," I said with a little smile on my face. We climbed out of my car and walked up to the front door.

Obstacles and Signs
Sign up to rate and review this story