Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean

It Shouldn't Bother A Pirate

by RapunzelK 0 reviews

Post-movies AU. Not all deaths effect the survivors the same way.

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Anamaria, Bootstrap Bill, Jack - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 307 words - Complete

1Insightful
Death isn't supposed to bother a pirate. Rascals, scoundrels, villains and knaves, devils and black sheep, really bad eggs and all of that. Most enjoy the sight and smell of fresh blood. I can't say I've ever managed to acquire a taste for it. There are times when there's no way around it and it's you or him; and if it has to be anyone, you'd rather it be him. I can handle death in battle, on the sea, accidents, but this...

Two days. That's all. Just two days and then... Nothing. All he got from this life was a name, and not much of one at that. Bill. After another good man who was lost to the sea. Maybe it's fitting. Perhaps he'll look after my little boy for me since I took his son under my wing, as it were.

It isn't supposed to bother a pirate. Death and blood and gore are supposed to be part of the daily business. I could suffer it if he'd died bravely in battle, or been struck down by a fever, or cast overboard in a storm, but this? It doesn't seem right.

The sea doesn't seem to hold as much pleasure now that it's taken our son. Casting that little bundle over the side... Sailors aren't supposed to cry, but I can't seem to help adding to the salt water. If I'd had another pearl to cast I'd have given it and gladly, but I didn't, so I couldn't, and now I can't. He's gone beyond my reach and even the Old Dutchman can't return him to me. I swore once I'd make no more deals with the devil but if it could get my son back...

One would do anything for one's children. Even the dead ones.



Special thanks: Disney's "Yo-Ho A Pirate's Life For Me"
Sign up to rate and review this story