Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean

Moral Compass

by RapunzelK 0 reviews

When everything is importnt, how do you choose?

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Jack - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 316 words - Complete

3Insightful
The bloody thing was harder to work than it looked. True, the compass pointed to what one wanted most, the only problem with that was that a man's heart was fickle and his mind tended to wander. At least, Jack had trouble summoning the sort of single-minded focus required to get the blasted arrow to stop spinning this way and that. The trick, he discovered, was to think about one thing only when attempting to use it. At first, it had been the cured treasure of the Isla De Muerta he'd focused all his thought on. He had to reach it before some other fool did. And then said fool had made off with his ship and all his mind was bent on finding the /Pearl/. He'd spent eleven long years tracking her down and now... his time was running short.

Find the key to that goes to the chest that holds the heart that controls the Dutchman who commands the Kraken. Jack was beginning to wish he could have avoided swallowing the proverbial fly. However, there had been no way around it at the time and now a lot more than his own skin risked death and worse over the bargain he'd struck. Those eleven years had supposed to have been spent tracking down that cussed key instead of wasted chasing Barbosa all over the Spanish Main. And then Beckett had to go and rear his ugly, powdered head. Why couldn't the paper-pushing pirate stick to his own territory? Not to mention that fool boy Will and his bonnie conniving lass Elizabeth getting themselves involved up to their eyebrows each. More people to worry about, more people to save. Bootstrap, Will, Elizabeth, the Pearl and the loyal men that crewed her, not to mention Ana, and of course, himself. How could a man possibly choose among them?

No wonder the blasted thing wouldn't hold still.
Sign up to rate and review this story