Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Comfort Zone

by midorigirl 1 review

It's all about finding your comfort zone and making sure they don't leave. (Originally written 02/2004)

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Chouji, Ino, Shikamaru - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-10 - 264 words - Complete

1Moving
It's not quite right.

Choji is there in front of her...but it's still not right. He's supposed to be standing in front of her. He's supposed to hug from the front. Shikamaru hugs from the back, while she stands between them her head on his left shoulder. Shikamaru puts his head on the right, because she's skinny enough that they can do that. It's what comforts them, after a mission completed...with minimal effort as per usual.

He's not supposed to be flat out on his back in front of her looking that sickly.

Front, middle and back, everything the way it's supposed to be. Those are the simple black and white terms she's used to functioning in by now.

So how the hell is she supposed to be comfortable with him lying pale and drawn on a hospital bed with only bony Shikamaru to hug her? And just how comfortable is she, exactly, with Shikamaru silently sobbing into her shoulder, especially when his fingers clench painfully at her arms??

Damnit!

She's not comfortable and that makes her upset. But not so upset that her tears are a result...no those are from Shikamaru gripping too tightly. Really.

When he wakes up he's going to have a lot of explaining to do. Trying to be some flashy show off when all they are is a team of slackers. Honestly! What was he thinking?!

But...maybe she'll break her rules for once and give him the hug. A long one, to make up for all the ones he's missing out on right now.

Baka.
Sign up to rate and review this story