Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Airplanes and Chicken Slop

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

Time to go to the states!

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-11-08 - 2702 words

0Unrated
Once everyone was dressed, Cooper made Jensen and I some pancakes to say goodbye. I gave him a massive hug after we left for the airport. Then that was it. I wouldn’t see him for a couple of weeks which is a long time for me. It was shortly after we started driving to the airport that I realised how awkward this actually is. Jensen doesn’t know what to say about yesterday and because he’s not talking to me, I just don’t want to say anything. Luckily he turned on the radio which alleviated some of the tension. However, once we got to the airport there were bigger problems.

“Oh crap!” He exclaimed.

“What?” I asked.

“That guy standing by that red car? He’s paparazzi. I’ve come across him before. He’s probably got a lot more of his friends around.” He told me.

“What do we do?” I asked.

“I’m not sure.” He answered.

“Don’t worry. I’ll sort this. When I start talking to him, you just get the bags as quick as you can and run inside. Then text me to tell me where you are.” I said. Before he could protest, I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and raced towards him. He noticed me and creased his eyebrows at me.

“Do I know you?” He asked.

“I don’t think so. It’s just that my plane won’t be here for ages so I came out for some fresh air, so I was just sitting in my car for a bit after standing up for too long, and then I noticed your camera and I thought I’d ask you about it. It looks really nice. Are you available for hire?” I questioned.

“What kind of hire?” He asked suspiciously.

“Well, weddings, bar or bat mitzvahs? Parties in general.” I told him.

“Sorry girl. I don’t do those sorts of things.” He said.

“Really? But that’s such a good camera. You could take really excellent pictures with that thing. See, my friend is really into his technology and he tells me all about it. How much was it?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Around £250.” He answered. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Jensen needed me to change the way this asshole was facing. I spun him around to face the wall behind the car. “What was that for?” He asked.

“Just wondering if this would be good lighting for me. Or a good background. What do you think?” I asked.

“I’m not really that sort of professional.” He answered.

“Come on. Just take a wild guess. If you’re standing out here with a camera you must have some clue.” I insisted.

“Well, I’d say that the brick background is good because it’s very simplistic which brings out the person you’re trying to photograph, but the lighting wouldn’t be the best. It’s too bright. The camera would never catch it. Do you wanna be in a few and see what I’m talking about?” He asked. Then my phone buzzed and I checked it.

Costa, the next floor up. – J

“No. I don’t like having my picture taken.” I excused.

“But you just…” He began.

“I’m not very photogenic. Bye.” I interrupted before dashing into the airport. I could see the upstairs from here and noticed Costa at the opposite side. I got in the lift and made my way there. I then sat on the other side of the table.

“What the hell did you do?” He asked calmly.

“Just asked him about the camera. I don’t even think I came off as suspicious, just extremely odd. The good news is he didn’t follow me.” I answered. He then smiled and quietly giggled. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing, it’s just that it’s an incredibly creative way of handling things.” He said.

“Yeah well, I tend to think of things on the spot. So when will our plane be ready?” I asked.

“Around half an hour. We get to go on before a lot of the other people too so we can make our way in about 15 minutes. Do you want anything first?” He asked. I shook my head.

“As long as they have water on the plane I’m fine. Should we get our luggage sorted first?” I asked. He nodded his head.

“Smart, sensible and very crazy. Let’s go.” He said. We put our luggage on the conveyer belt before we went to the lounge, and then we waited a few more minutes before going on the plane. Once we sat down I decided to text Cooper to update him.

Crazy paparazzi situation happened, but I managed to fix it due to my amazing skills. Now we’re on the plane waiting for take-off. I’ll text you when we land. See you soon! – Penina

I then put my phone on airplane mode and looked up at Jensen.

“How long’s this flight again?” I asked.

“Just over 11 hours. We’ll be landing at around half past seven at night when we get there.” He answered. Soon enough we took off. I was lucky enough to get the window seat, so I got to stare out almost the whole time. I had a couple of naps that didn’t really help me all that much. I watched a couple of movies, listened to my music a lot, but made sure I saved battery for when the plane landed. After a long journey where Jensen was asleep for quite a lot of it, we finally landed. Jensen yawned quite loudly before looking at me. “Did you enjoy the flight?” He asked tiredly.

“Yeah. I loved it when it turned. I love plane journeys. They’re so much more fun than car journeys. I think the only thing that could’ve topped it would’ve been a speedboat.” I answered. He laughed again and stood up. We got off the plane and I put my phone back on to its regular settings. Cooper replied to me ages ago.

Oh god. Please tell me you won’t be going to court? Have a great flight. I’ll speak to you as soon as you’re ready.  - Cooper

You’ll be pleased to know that he was none the wiser to my fantastic scheme. The flight wasn’t too bad for me, but I’ve never had jetlag from a long journey before. Just from being nocturnal I guess. But I guess it’s okay. I can’t wait to see you again! – Penina.

“Is that Cooper?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah.” I answered.

“Is he alright?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I only just texted him. I’m pretty sure that he’s either fine, ecstatic or stressed out. I’m gonna be wagering on borderline stressed out.” I joked. Once we got our suitcases he texted back.

I’m very glad. Ash came by today by the way. She told me she wanted to work it out and it felt disgusting. She just seems so different and fake from who she once was. I think she may have had something to do with the paparazzi at the airport. – Cooper

How come? – Penina

I told her that I was leaving exactly two weeks after you. I also told her the date that I was leaving. She clearly worked it out. I told her the whole story when you came over a few days ago to give her a proper reason to leave and I really messed up. – Cooper

No, you didn’t. She did. Besides it was actually kinda fun to distract him. He didn’t even notice I was with Jensen. Please don’t feel bad about it. – Penina

If you insist, then I won’t. I don’t want to distract you from the life of luxury though. Have a good night. I’ll talk to you in the morning. Your time. – Cooper

Okay then. Goodnight dork. ;) – Penina

“Would you have won any money then?” He asked.

“Huh?”

“You said you were betting on him being borderline stressed out. Would you have won that bet?”

“Oh, yeah. But I also made him feel better so I may have lost that money too. I shouldn’t bet on things for a living.” I joked.

“Come on then. Let’s get to your new home. You must be exhausted.” He said as we began walking. I shrugged.

“Yeah, I guess.” I said. To further prove his point, I ended up yawning just after I said that. We made our way out of baggage claim and entered the departure lounge. Amongst a sea of faces waiting to be reunited with their loved ones was the unmistakable face of Danneel. She had a baby carrier around her where JJ was looking around curiously. Danneel was holding up a sign that read Welcome Home Family which was beautifully decorated. JJ was the first to spot us. Well, she spotted Jensen. She got all happy and started clapping her hands when she saw him. Jensen was clearly surprised and guided me to them. He embraced Danneel and JJ giving them warm hugs and kisses. Danneel put down the sign to hug him back.

“Wow. Okay I really wasn’t expected that. Danneel, JJ, this is Penina. Penina, this is Danneel and JJ.” Jensen introduced. Danneel immediately hugged me. Even JJ reached out to me and started giggling.

“I can’t believe you’re actually here. It’s so nice to meet you.” She said. I let out a nervous giggle.

“You too.” I said. It really was nice to meet her and JJ. It was just very overwhelming and I didn’t really know what to say.

“What are you doing here? I thought we were gonna get a cab.” Jensen asked.

“Well, I wanted to surprise you and you’ve been on a really long flight so I thought I’d pick you two up. Besides I figured if you were hungry we could stop off for some pizza. Little miss sleepy here had a really long nap today when I was setting up the bedroom for Penina, which by the way we can change and decorate however you like when you’re ready.” She said to both of us.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Come on then you two, let’s go get some pizza.” She said. We made our way to the car. Jensen and Danneel packed it while I sat next to JJ.

“So you’re my little sister, huh? You’re so lucky you’re at the age you are. Being 17 sort of sucks.” I said. She was still smiling at me which made me giggle. “You’re very pretty too. You seem to like everyone. You’re pretty cool.” I added. I put my hand out to her and she grabbed my finger which made me incredibly happy. “Okay then, you’re the best little sister ever.” I said before laughing. She giggled with me. When Jensen and Danneel came in I was very aware that they noted how well I got on with her which made me feel a bit self-conscious.

“Hey, shouldn’t you call Jared and Misha?” Danneel reminded Jensen.

“Oh, yeah. Do you want it on speaker?” He asked.

“Yeah. I actually need to ask Gen something.” She answered.

“Is that alright with you, Penina?” Jensen asked.

“Sure.” I answered. Jared picked up the call in under 3 seconds. It was pretty impressive.

“Hey Jensen.” Jared’s voice spoke throughout the car.

“Hey man. You’re on speakerphone. Danneel picked us up and we’re about to head off for pizza before going home. But I wanted to tell you that we’ve landed safely.” Jensen said.

“Wait, she’s in the car? Can she hear me?” Jared asked.

“Yes I can.” I said, hoping that I didn’t cross any sort of line.

“Oh my god! That’s her! It’s Penina. I’ve heard so much about you. What you did at Heathrow had me in stitches.” Jared said.

“Oh yeah. That made me laugh too.” Danneel added.

“I’m happy I amuse you I guess.” I said making everyone laugh.

“Jared, can you pass me on to Gen real quick?” Danneel asked.

“Sure. Gen?” Jared asked. I heard him move around before passing the phone over.

“Hello?” She greeted.

“Hey Gen, they’re back safely. I was wondering if I left one of JJ’s toys at yours the other day.” Danneel said.

“I’ve got a giraffe toy that doesn’t belong to the boys.” She answered.

“That’s it. Can I swing by tomorrow?” Danneel asked.

“Absolutely. I’ll see you then.” Gen said before passing it back to Jared.

“Okay, it’s the boys’ bedtime but I’ll talk to you later. It was nice to finally talk to you Penina.” Jared said.

“Thank you. You too.” I said.

“I’ll speak to you later Jared.” Jensen said. They said their goodbyes then hung up. He then decided to call Misha. Once he answered he started speaking.

“Knock knock.” He begun.

“Who’s there? Minding the fact that we’ve got two under 18’s in the car who can hear everything you’re saying.” Jensen said.

“Well then I’ll save it for later. Hello under 18’s.” Misha said.

“Hi.” I greeted.

“Did you guys have a good flight?” Misha asked.

“Yeah. It was good. I’m just letting you know that we got here safely.” Jensen said.

“That’s good. Well I assume you’re very jetlagged so I won’t keep you. But I’ll see you soon.” Misha said.

“Yeah. See you later.” Jensen said before hanging up. I decided I’d text Cooper once more just to let him know.

Hey Cooper. I know it’s only been about 10 or 20 minutes, but basically Danneel picked us up with JJ and we’re about to go for pizza. – Penina

Sounds good. Should I be excited to meet them? – Cooper

So far, yes. I know you’re not the biggest baby fan, but JJ is adorable. Anyway, I’ll speak to you tomorrow. – Penina

After a few minutes of being in the car, we stopped off at an Italian restaurant.

“Okay, here we are. Jensen and Penina, you can have whatever you want. JJ, I’m afraid it’s just blended slop for you.” Danneel said.

“But it’s chicken flavoured slop that’s good for you.” Jensen said.

We all got out of the car and went into the restaurant. It was already incredibly different from England. It was just a completely different atmosphere. It also seems that crowds can have different accents depending on where the majority is from. After having a quick meal we drove to my new home. As soon as we drove to the front door all of the other feelings that I should’ve felt hit me like a tonne of bricks. It felt like I was never really adopted, just kidnapped. It’s like they’ve always been waiting for my return. It felt weird.

“Are you okay honey? You haven’t said anything for about 10 minutes.” Danneel pointed out.

“I’m fine.” I lied. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. After a somewhat awkward time bringing my bags to my room, it was finally time for me to be alone. Jensen and Danneel gave me hugs and then we said our goodnights. I got changed into my pyjamas, put my phone on charge and got under the covers. I turned the lights off and managed to escape into a deep slumber.

Here you go! By the way has this websites layout changed for you at all? It looks really different for me. It's weird. I can't tell if I like it or not. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! I think I'm almost finished with the next chapter too but I'm exhausted so if it doesn't come out tonight it'll have to be tomorrow. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story