Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Honey

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Out of boredom, Sakura comes up with a new way for her mom and dad to talk to each other long distance.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2014-11-17 - 447 words - Complete

0Unrated
Honey:

-Sakura-

It’s gotten too quiet around here lately. I don’t know what we are doing anymore. For me, it’s turned boring at home and at work. I feel that I have to do something. I just can’t think of what yet. However, my house comes first. Lately, my mother looks so lonely. Dad’s spending another year back in Japan. His company still can’t afford to spend people out of the country. Sure, they talk long distance, but that’s starting to dry up too. This will not do.

I am going to fix this.

First step? Skype is everyone’s friend. Last year, Dad got it to chat with me live. With this comes one problem. Time zones can be a tricky thing. I try to get on Skype at nights because I need that it’s day time in Japan. Dad’s usually on his break at the times that I get on. Tonight being Friday, I know that he’s in our old apartment. The first part of the problem is fixed.

Now for the next part. My mom isn’t really as tech savvy as the rest of us are. It took her until last year to buy a cell phone. She still won’t learn how to text. (My mom insists that I text all of her friends for her. I need to change that. One problem at a time, though.) I managed to get her over to my computer. My mother didn’t get what I was doing at first.

“Why are we at your computer?” she asked.

“You’ll see!” I said with a smile on my face. She raised an eyebrow at me.

“Is this going to be a bad surprise?” my mom asked.

“Bad surprise?” I asked. “No! Of course not! You’ll love this surprise!”

“Promise?”

“I promise!” We made it to my room. I turned to her with a smile on her face. “Mom,” I said. “Behold.” I moved the mouse to wake up my laptop screen. My dad smiled and waved at her on the other line.

“Hi honey,” he said. My mom covered her mouth in shock.

“Dear?” she asked. Mom pushed me aside and walked over to my laptop. I gave her the ear piece speaker. It’s interesting that she knew what to do from there. Mom and dad dove straight into talking. I slipped away to the door.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” I whispered to them. I slipped away like a ninja. For some reason, I can’t seem to get my laptop back from her ever since…

There's Nothing I Can Do
Sign up to rate and review this story