Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

New Wave

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Katherine comes up with a new plan to breathe live back into the magazine company.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2014-11-19 - 391 words - Complete

0Unrated
New Wave:

This will not do. Katherine looked around at her employees. This year felt too quiet for her taste. They all needed something new. So last night, the boss wrote her simple e-mail and sent it out.

Duncan was the first to open his message. Hm? What’s this? It took him two times to read over the e-mail. He looked out to see that his co-workers had similar looks of confusion on their faces.

Board meeting at nine. Don’t be late.

All of the workers filed into the board room thirty minutes before the actual time. Nobody said a word at first. The journalists all looked at each other, disconnected. Duncan opened his mouth to speak, but closed it. He didn’t seem to quite know how to get out his question. They were all probably thinking the same thing. What was Katherine thinking?

The sound of high heels filled the room. Everyone looked up to see the boss walk into the room. Katherine looked at the sea of stoic faces before her. She had to put her plan into action right away. The boss cleared her throat.

“Good morning, everyone!” she greeted her employees.

“Good morning,” they mumbled back. Katherine sighed and shook her head. She pushed ahead with her project.

“This company’s been bored and lazy lately,” she announced. Katherine booted up her laptop and ran the projection. “So,” she said. “We need a new project.” Her words barely stirred them. Katherine clicked on the button.

“Behold,” she said. The bright colors made everyone snap their heads forward to the screen. Katherine grinned once she had their attention.

“I give you, Project Start Up!” she announced. “What is it, you ask? I call it a reinvention of Beach Radio Magazine!” Noriko tilted her head at her.

“Why do we need a reinvention?” she asked. The boss put her hands on her hips in pride.

“We need to shake things up around here!” Katherine said. “If you don’t want something different, feel free to get up and leave.” She paused for a beat. Not a single person moved towards the door. Katherine smirked at their response.I knew that I would have them, she thought.

“Good,” she said. “Let’s begin.” Katherine clicked for the next slide in the powerpoint.

I Won't Cry for Yesterday
Sign up to rate and review this story