Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

I'm Losing All My Days

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Mandy gets a call from Ryan Ross saying that he will visit her. This inspires her to change.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-12-06 - 599 words - Complete

0Unrated
I’m Losing All My Days:

-Mandy-

Lately, I want a change. I think it’s Katherine’s project. (It still feels weird for me to call her by her first name. I used to do it before I was dumped, though.) I am tired of feeling sorry for myself. Since Rose left, I have decided to change again.

It all started with phone calls. Ryan Ross’s been calling me for the past five weeks. I didn’t know how to take it at first. I still don’t know what sees in me. I’m not even really hoping for a full-on relationship out of this time. We’ll be good friends at best. As soon as I met it inside my apartment, my cell phone rang. I couldn’t help but giggle as I answered.

“Hello?” I asked in the living room.

“Hi there,” Ryan replied.

I held my hand over my mouth to keep from giggling. “Hey!”

“How have you been?”

“Good, I’m good.” I looked at myself in the mirror. When did I look so boring? I don’t even like this dress suit that I’m wearing right now. The glasses look okay, but my hair… Yuck! When the hell did I stop caring?

“How have you been doing?” I asked.

“Great,” he replied. “Say, what are you doing this weekend?” I held up strands of my hair in the mirror.

“Not much, why do you ask?” I asked.

“Brendon and I coming down to visit Pete for a bit,” Ryan answered. “Maybe I might swing by and see you.”

“You’re joking?”

“Nope.”

I didn’t know what to think about this. Ryan’s coming down to Miami? Try as I might, I couldn’t hold back the excitement inside. “When?”

“I’m at the airport right now,” he answered. “I should be there by tomorrow.” I looked at the calendar in the kitchen.

“This Friday?” I asked.

“That’s right.”

“Wow!” I looked at myself in the mirror again. I really do look like crap. “Do you want to meet up somewhere?”

“Sure. Why don’t you pick the place?”

Only one thought came to mind. “I’ll meet you at the Carnival Hill.”

“The Carnival Hill?”

“Yeah, I’ll send you the directions.”

“Great.”

I moved to Google Maps on my phone. Once I typed in the address and created the map, I sent it to him via email. “You got it?”

“Yes, I did.”

“Good, good.” We ended up talking until about four o’clock in the afternoon. The whole time, I looked in the mirror. When did I ever look this boring? Ryan wouldn’t be interested in a girl like me. I had to change. Once we got off the phone, I got right to work.

First line of business? My hair. At first, I didn’t know how to tackle it. Should I cut it? Style it? Maybe I should dye it? I screeched in frustration. I don’t know what to do! Wait a second… I know who can help! Why didn’t I think of that? This will work out for me! I reached into my pocket and dialed up that old number.

“Hey there, Alice!” I said. “How have you been?”

“Mandy?” she asked. “Is that you? I haven’t heard from you in ages? How have you been?”

“Good,” I answered. “Look, I need your help with my hair.”

“What would you like me to do?” she asked with an eager voice.

Aw, Crap! I Forgot to Do the Dishes too
Sign up to rate and review this story