Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Nightly Rituals

Vivian + Mike II

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Mike's summer.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Published: 2014-12-11 - 469 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nine: Vivian + Mike II:

-Mike-

Oh, that girl. I seemed to get a kick out of winding her up. I don't know what it was about her, maybe I liked seeing her pouty face. Maybe, seeing her annoyed like this reminded me of Stella. Either way, I can't stop winding her up.

-Mike's Summer-

I sat in the kitchen, drinking beer. Vivian… She annoyed me but she intrigued me at the same time. That girl definitely looked like Stella, but their personalities differed greatly. Stella loved to party, drink, sleep around, and fight. Vivian did none of those things.

She mostly studied in her room and read. She never drank, did drugs, partied, or got into fights. That girl's even saving herself for some imaginary prince to come into her life. Who the hell does that anymore? I didn't do that! God, I can't remember who I lost it to. All I know that it was to a girl in New York and that's about it. Anyway, back to Vivian.

In short, she's not fun to be around. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes, she's like a nagging wife and it didn't help that Vivian looked cute. Cute and annoying were never good together. Still, I couldn't help but wonder.

I shook my head. That child… Yes, I said child. I am way older than her. I don't know what to do with her. I shrugged. Guess I should start with the obvious. Somehow, I didn't want to do that, but it will humor her. I would end up being forced to do so by Hotaru. I didn't need to hear her mouth too. I sighed as I stared at my beer bottle. Why does that child make it so hard for me? I looked into the living room. This wouldn't be an easy night. Whatever, suck it up and get this over with. I marched all the way upstairs. Each step reminded me of how much I would hate doing this. I drew in a breath and knocked on her door.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked.

"Why?"

I dropped my shoulders, shaking my head. "I just want to apologize."

"Well that's a first!"

"Will you open the door or not?" Vivian opened the door and peeked out. She narrowed her eyes at me. I better make this quick.

"Look," I began. "I'm sorry I have been busting your chops." Her facial expression didn't change. I pressed my lips together.

"Can I come inside and talk?" I asked. She didn't speak, but she opened the door wider as she stepped aside. I followed her inside. I didn't know where it would lead. The only thing to do now was to wait and see where this was headed.
Sign up to rate and review this story