Categories > Original > Drama

Love. Angel. Music. Brass

by Black_Moon_Shadows 0 reviews

Love is hard. It can happen any where. Especially in Marching Band.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-08-13 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 453 words - Complete

0Unrated
Love. Angel. Music. Brass.

Marion sighed and set her instrument down on the belchers. The show was okay, but it didn't impress her. The rest of the band was somewhere, tacking their 3rd quarter break. She sat down and though in silence.

"You really should eat." She jumped and whirled around, facing none other than the trombone platoon leader; Zach.

"Not hungry."

"You're blood sugar will drop."

"Let it." Sighing, Zach shoved a Kit Kat bar into Marion's hands and sat down beside her. She stared at the candy in her hands, shaking. And it wasn't because she was cold. Her blood sugar was dropping, fast. And she wasn't going to eat anything Zach gave her, she wasn't ready.

Marion dropped the candy bar, and gripped her seat. She screwed her eyes shut and breathed deeply. Zach glanced away from the game. And at that moment, his world fell crashing.

"MARION!" Zach leapt closer to her, encircling her in his arms. A cold sweat coated her forehead. Zach grabbed the Kit Kat and gave it to the girl piece by piece. She got better after several minutes.

"Dammit!" Marion's eyes widened. She had never heard Zach curse before.

"Sorry."

"Sorry is NOT going to cut it! You could of DIED!"

"GOD! I'm sorry! I- I just don't want, to... Not ready."

Zach glared, the placed his lips on her's. She tasted like mint and chocolates. She sighed, and closed her eyes. It was romantic. Or, as romantic as it can get hooking up at a high school football game in full uniform. Marion pulled back, her eyes half-mast.

"Zach..." He pushed her away, standing up.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I really am." Marion stood up too.

"Zach... I love you!"

"I d... I don't love you. I'm sorry."

"Zachy!" He turned to the girl that he was dating.

"Zach..." tears threatened to fall as the melodic voice cracked. "Zach... you basterd. Fuck you. Fuck off. I don't care! Go the fuck away!" Zach looked at her, his eyes sad. And he opened his mouth. For a moment, Marion though he was going to return her love. Yes. He was.

"Three days Drill."

Marion stood there, her mouth open. The band rushed up, and got their instruments. Shalisa set her arms and counted off for 4th Quarter Fan Fair. The trumpets blared, and the flutes trilled, but Marion remained silent, as tears streamed. How could he? Gasping, Marion clutched her chest. Her heart felt as if it was being ripped in two.

She sat down, breathing heavily.

"Marion? Marion? Marion! MARION!"
__________________________________________________
Punched and drunk it's better than you can show
Cracked yourself up
It's enough you should talk
This is where you came from
Sign up to rate and review this story