Categories > Original > Romance

A new day

by Itsbaestille 1 review

A normal story of how two people fell in love

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2014-12-23 - 2534 words

0Unrated
I wake up and stretch my body trying to untangle my legs which are buried deep under a heavy blanket. As soon as I move my head a bit a strong pain hit it and this headache tells me that I had loads fun yesterday night.
I finally decide to open my eyes and as soon as I do it confusion is all over me. I can’t recognise the room I slept in and this doesn’t really make me feel comfortable.
«Oh, so you woke up then. Good morning» I hear an unfamiliar voice and I turn my head in its direction just to find a guy wearing a white t-shirt and blue sweatpants smiling at me.
I have no idea who this guy is and when he sees me staring at him with my eyes wide open he just laughs lightly before sitting on the edge of the bed and handing me a cup of tea which I accept with a soft, awkward, smile.
«You actually don’t remember a thing about last night, do you?» he says taking a sip of his tea «We met at Amanda’s party - he begins trying to hint me some memories that still don’t come to my mind - she introduced us and we stayed together for something like two hours but I guess you were pretty wasted if you don’t even remember me» he concludes looking at his hands, clearly embarrassed.
«Well - I start talking for the first time this morning - I’m really sorry about yesterday but I actually don’t remember a thing. Amanda is my younger sister, if you didn’t know that, and she asked me to help her with her party yesterday but I clearly didn’t if I got so wasted that I can’t even remember your name» I feel really sorry for him. He looks like a nice guy and I basically stumped into his apartment without even remembering his first name.
«Don’t worry, it’s fine getting wasted at New Year’s Eve, everybody does. I was drunk as well but I wasn’t that drunk so I can remember pretty much everything about yesterday. By the way I’m Dan, nice to properly meet you»

——

An hour later I’m walking around his kitchen wearing one of his t-shirts and pants waiting for him to come out of the bathroom to “have breakfast” together.
I sit awkwardly playing with my hands when he enters the room and sits in front of me, placing three different brands of cereals and a bottle of milk.
«So - I start talking pouring the milk into my bowl - how did I get here, into your apartment?» I think this is a legitimate question to ask to the pretty stranger who hosted you during New Year’s Eve.
«Do you want me to be completely honest or do you want me to tell you the “not-embarassing” version?» he asks me and I stare back at him slamming my spoon on the table.
«I want you to be completely honest please» I reply suddenly scared of what he could tell me.
He put his spoon next to his bowl and pushes them on the right so he can lean onto the table and put both of his elbows on it. A little, cute, smirk is plastered on his face when he starts talking.
«Well, after something like two or three hours spent together last night, you basically forced me to take you home. I think that your exact words were “I need you to take me home now” or something like that. I did take you home and as soon as we got here you started undressing yourself throwing your shoes, I don’t really know where, and then you started unzipping your dress, and that’s when I stopped you. I remember you being really mad at me because of it and you shouted at me something like “Why don’t you wanna fuck me? Am I that ugly for you?” and I replied that I wouldn’t do anything because you were not in the state to do anything sexual with a stranger” he stops and takes a look at my face which is completely red with my mouth open wide.
I cannot believe that I actually said those words but at the same time I can. He is absolutely stunning and I wouldn’t mind sleeping with him to be honest. It’s just pretty embarrassing for myself because I basically begged him to sleep with me and he didn’t want to. I don’t really know if I’m hurt by his rejection or flattered by the reason why he did it.
He is still looking at me with this amused look on his eyes when I start talking again.
«I’m really sorry for bothering you. Thank you for what you did. Not a lot of guys would have done something like you did. Most of them would have taken advantages from a drunk girl. May I ask you if I said anything else?» I’m trying to act all cool failing miserably but, at this point, I wanna know everything.
«I’m going to ask you the same question again. Do you want me to be completely honest or do you want me to tell you the “not-embarassing” version?»
Oh for God's sake what did I say this time? «And I’m gonna reply to you the same way. I want you to be completely honest please» By now my face in on fire but I don’t care, I’m already embarrassed to death so let’s play till the end.
This time he’s biting his lower lip trying to contain a smile while he’s playing with the hair on the top of his neck.
«Ok. I like this. You asked me several times to “stop being so hot please” and you also said “you should be illegal for fuck’s sake” and if I reckon correctly you even said “you’re so hot you’re burning my eyes”» he ends laughing a bit.
«Please tell me that I did not say those things. Please» I’m begging him because this is the most embarrassing moment of my entire life and I can assure you that my life is filled my embarrassing moments.
«I’m afraid you did - he’s now pouring some milk in his bowl as well - but don’t worry. I am well aware that you don’t think those things, everybody when is drunk says some shit that doesn’t think for real so please don’t feel embarrassed because there’s no need to be».
He’s so polite that it’s unreal. I, again, feel bad for him but this time for a different reason. Why should he think that I don’t think those things? Doesn’t he know that he is hot? I take a moment to look at him, to study him.
He’s really tall, even when he’s sitting, like now, his head is at least nine inches over mine. He has really dark hair but a slightly ginger beard, and come one who doesn’t fancy a ginger beard? His profile is absolutely perfect, the shape of his nose fits his face perfectly and he has two small dimples on his cheeks that make him look a bit younger when he smiles. But the best thing in his face are his eyes. He has deep blue eyes and they’re so strange. I’m used to light blue eyes, the colour that a lot of people have but his eyes are different, way prettier that the usual shade of blue.
«Why do you think so poorly of yourself? Why shouldn’t I think those things about you? I mean, I was pretty direct and rude but I actually think everything I said, don’t you know that in vino veritas?» I tried to be brave telling him these things, I know how horrible is to be self-conscious. I used to be when I was younger because of my hair and because my eyes are way too big for my face but when I turned twenty-one I realised that you have to love yourself to be able to permit to someone else to do the same, so I started trying to love myself for who I am and now, five years later, I’ve leaned to like myself and to appreciate who I am.
He’s now looking at me with a genuine smile on his face and for a moment I think that he could lean in and give me a kiss on the lips but he doesn’t. Instead the starts talking changing the subject completely.
«So what do you do for living?»


——


We spent the whole day together and I learned a lot of things about him. I learned that he’s an English teacher in High School and that he loves his job even tho sometimes his students are a little bit of assholes. I learned that he was born and raised in London and that he has a sister who he loves more than his own life. I learned that he can play the piano and I made him promise me that he’ll play for me one day. I learned that he loves reading but he doesn’t refuse a night spent watching tv-series and drinking tea. I learned that he likes drinking and that he’s always up for going out at night. I learned that he is surprisingly shy and modest and that he is awful at dancing and drawing. He also told me that he likes to sing even tho he doesn’t have a great voice and he doesn’t have the time to sing either way.
We’re on his couch, he’s very composed, sitting with his legs crossed and his hands on his lap while I’m basically sprawled all over the couch being the fancy lady that I always am.
«But that’s enough talking about me. Tell me something about you please» he asks causing me to turn my head in his direction looking at him. I turn my body finding myself lying on my stomach with my head held up by my hands.
«Well there’s nothing special about my life. I’m twenty-six, I was born in Manchester but when I was five we moved here, to London, so I consider myself as a Londoner. Amanda is just one of my two younger sisters, I have another one, Julie, which is only seventeen and still goes to High School. I work with Amanda at the family bakery shop that has the cutest name ever, “Nice Cookie” and in my free time I usually read or sleep. As you can see I’m not that exciting» I say always keeping my eyes on him. In these past few hours I found myself enjoying looking at him. Just studying his face and all his expressions.
He looks back at me and it looks like he’s gonna say something but we’re interrupted by my phone ringing.
I try to compose myself and I look for my phone until Dan hands it to me with a polite smile on his face. I mumble a thank you before taking it and answering without even looking.

“Hello?” As soon as I finish to pronounce that simple word I can hear Alex shouting back at me like crazy.
“Where the fuck are you Emma? Do you have any clue of what time it is? Amanda is fucking worried! You didn’t even think about sending a fucking message you twat! Move you’re precious ass and come back home immediately”.
Alex is Amanda’s boyfriend and my best friend since I can remember, so I’m not surprised nor offended by his words, I know that they’re genuinely worried about me. Even tho I’m the older sister, and it should be the other way around, Amanda’s always took care of me and she’s always there to listen to me or just give me some advice. It actually looks like she’s the oldest and I’m the youngest with Julie. Me and her share an apartment at five minutes walk from the bakery, where she works with me, and Alex is basically living with us without paying rent. I could bet my life that his apartment has plenty of dust for being unused for so long, but I’m more than ok about him living with us. He’s like a brother to me and he has been dating my sister for more than four years now so he’s family.
“Hoi Alex I’m sorry. I got really drunk and apparently I forced a guy that was at the party to take me back at him house. Luckily he’s a gentleman so he didn’t do anything to violate my virtue. I’m still at his house, I’m gonna leave in five so stop being worried sick and do something productive instead of annoying me please” I reply to him while checking my nails. In response I get a laugh and «Alright my little twat. I’ll see you in a bit so. Be a good girl please. Amanda says hi» and with that the phone call ends.
«I guess that that wasn’t your boyfriend» he says lightly looking at me. I just furrow my eyebrows and told my head to the side, just like a dog would do. «What makes you think that I have a boyfriend? I mean I just spent the night with a perfect stranger on New Year’s Eve, I thought it was pretty obvious that I don’t have a boyfriend» I say shaking my shoulders while standing up from the couch and heading to the bathroom to get changed before going back home.

——


We’re now standing next to his front door, I’m wearing the same dress as last night and I’m holding my shoes in my left hand.
«So this is it - I start talking awkwardly with my right hand on his door knob - I guess I should get going, Alex and Amanda are waiting for me anyhow»
I can’t make it through opening the door because he grabs my arm and stops me looking at me awkwardly.
«I just wanted to ask you if I could have your phone number. Just in case you get really drunk again and you want me to take you home, you know» he says smiling shyly at me.
All I can do is smile back at him before grabbing my phone in my purse and handing it to him so he can save his number. As soon as he’s done he gives me the phone back and we share a shy hug before I start walking back home, turning back two or three times to wave at him.
Sign up to rate and review this story