Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Cooper Comes Home

by FrankIsMySexGod 0 reviews

Cooper comes to the states and begins teaching.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-12-30 - 2623 words

0Unrated
“Where is he? He should be here by now!” I said impatiently. Those two weeks had passed by rather suddenly and right now we’re all at the airport waiting for Cooper to arrive.

“Relax, Penina. His flight only just landed. He’s probably still on the plane.” Danneel reasoned with me.

“I know, I know. I just can’t wait!” I said. Jensen smiled at my happiness.

“Look, I think that’s him.” He pointed out. I turned around and I saw him picking up his bags. He obviously hadn’t noticed us yet. I ran up to him and gave him a massive hug. He was scared at first but when he realised it was me he laughed and hugged me back.

“Well that was unexpected. Hi Penina.” He greeted with a laugh.

“Hi Cooper.” I said. I helped him with his bags and we went to show him to Danneel and JJ.

“Hi Jensen. Nice to see you again.” Cooper said shaking his hand.

“Likewise. Cooper, this is my wife Danneel and my daughter JJ.” He introduced.

“Nice to meet you Cooper.” Danneel said.

“You too, and you’ve got an adorable baby.” He said, gently poking her nose which made her giggle.

“Right, I’m sure you’ve had an exhausting flight, so how about we show you to your new home?” Jensen suggested.

“That would be fantastic.” Cooper said. We all trailed off to the car. I was telling Cooper all about what we were going to do now that he was here. Once we got to Coopers new flat I helped him with his bags. Once we got inside he almost dropped his in awe.

“Welcome home.” I said in a sing-song voice.

“There’s no way!” He exclaimed.

“What? Is the colouring a bit off? I told you Jensen. It should be an off white, not cream.” Danneel said. Cooper shook his head.

“The colouring’s fine. This is just amazing. How did I get to live here?” Cooper said. He walked further in to put his bags down, but he was pretty shocked by the look of this place.

“Come on! Only the best for someone who would do this for my daughter. Take a look around. Get comfortable here.” Jensen said. That’s exactly what he did. Cooper looked around with us following him. We were both pretty excited by the office with its own massive screen on one of the walls. Once he finished looking around he looked pretty tired.

“Oh god. I need to change JJ. Jensen, do you mind getting the diapers from the car?” Danneel asked.

“Sure. You don’t mind, do you Cooper?” Jensen asked. He shook his head.

“Of course not.” He replied. Danneel went to the bedroom to change JJ leaving just Cooper and I in the office.

“This is fucking amazing Penina.” He said. I nodded my head in agreement.

“I know. So, when do you want to start lessons?” I asked.

“Tomorrow sound good to you?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Sounds perfect.” I answered. After talking it out with Jensen and Danneel, they both agreed that starting tomorrow would be great, so that’s exactly what we decided to do.

“Slow down. We don’t have to leave for another half an hour.” Jensen said as he whisked the eggs.

“Yes but I need to make sure I have everything. Shit! Scientific calculator!” I exclaimed before getting my new one out of the cupboard in the lounge.

“Language.” Danneel reminded.

“Right. Sorry.” I said.

“I don’t get it. Wouldn’t Cooper have all this stuff?” Jensen asked. I nodded my head.

“Probably but it’s good for me to have some stuff there as well. Okay, I’m gonna go get changed.” I said. I rushed upstairs. I already showered, but I threw on the first thing I could find in case getting ready would make me dirty. I also already ate some cereal. The eggs were for everyone else. Scrambled eggs and cut up bacon bits for JJ, fried eggs and bacon for Jensen and Danneel. I put on a nice everyday dress, tights, and some shorts underneath for the comfort. Then I did my makeup, and straight after that I did my hair. By that point it was time to go. Jensen said he’d take me so I hopped into his car and honked the horn so he knew I was ready. He came rushing out, barely having enough time to put on his shoes.

“What’s the rush?” He asked sounding out of breath.

“I just can’t wait.” I said with a smile that didn’t seem to want to get off my face. On our drive Jensen lectured me about being taking school seriously and how it didn’t matter if you were home schooled or not, education is always important. Once we got to Cooper’s place I quickly slung my bag over my shoulder and hopped out of the car.

“See you tonight.” I said quickly before ringing the bell.

”Hey Penina. Come up.” He said before buzzing me in. I ran to the front door which was already open, put my bag on his half set up couch, and went to say hi to him.

“How awesome is this?” I asked before giving him a massive hug.

“I genuinely can’t believe this is my home.” He said. “Which brings us on to our first lesson, life skills. Usually we wouldn’t have any life skill lessons, but I need help unpacking and fixing up furniture.” He continued which made me laugh.

“Fair enough.” I said. “What do you want me to do then?” I asked.

“You can help me with this couch first. I just need a bit of help screwing up the legs.” He said.

I nodded my head and held stuff in place while he drilled in some screws. Once we did the couch we did his bed, then his bookshelf which he ended up using to put his disks and games in, then another bookshelf for the office where we’ll put all my textbooks and workbooks on eventually. We then worked on unpacking his boxes. He wanted to unpack his clothes and other things for the bedroom in case I came across his boxers or something. Don’t get me wrong, that would be totally fine with me, but I can understand why he’d find that uncomfortable. Instead I unpacked things for the lounge. I unpacked things for the lounge, like his cushions and pictures and stuff. There was an adorable picture of him and his family from what must’ve been years ago.

“Cooper, when was this?” I asked him walking into the bedroom. Luckily I didn’t see anything he wouldn’t want me to so that was alright. He took a look at the picture and smiled at the memory.

“Around 10 years ago. It was our last school photo together before I moved to university.” He said before handing it back to me. “You can put that on the fireplace, then after we can go out to eat if you want.” He said. I checked the time. It was almost one o’clock.

“Have we really been working for that long? Sure let’s go eat.” I said. I put the picture up on the fireplace before putting on my shoes.

“What kinda food do you want?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t really mind.” I answered.

“Does pizza sound good?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Pizza always sounds good. But if Hozzie ever comes to visit though pizza isn’t good.” I reminded him.

“Hozzie’s your friend from the internet, right?” He asked as we made our way to his courtesy car. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. She’s awesome. We met at a Supernatural convention actually. I can’t believe we were both really desperate to meet Jensen when all this is happening at the moment.” I said. We both got into his car and he smiled as he stroked the wheel.

“Sorry. I am listening. This car is just awesome.” He said. I giggled.

“I thought you weren’t a car fanatic.” I mentioned. He shook his head.

“I’m not. I just really think this car is cool. Anyway, let’s go.” He said as he started up the engine. “So, you’re happy here right?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“So happy. I don’t know if it’s the biological aspect but Jensen’s already so much closer to me than me and my mum ever were. Just in different ways you know? Aren’t you jetlagged at all?” I asked. He shrugged.

“A bit but mainly I’m just excited. I feel like a proper grown up.” He said. I giggled again.

“You’re 27.” I mentioned.

“Well inside I’m Peter Pan.” He said. We continued chatting until we pulled up. We went inside this nice looking Italian restaurant. The person who sat us down lit a candle and told us to have a nice date. We both blushed, but I’m assuming it was for vastly different reasons. “No, we’re not…” Cooper started.

“He’s my…” I began as well.

“We’re just friends.” Cooper said. I looked up at him and smiled.

“My apologies. Just flag me down when you’re ready.” She said before walking off.

“So, we are friends?” I asked. He looked at me and a half smile grazed his lips.

“Of course we are.” He answered.

“I thought that too, it’s just that I assumed you’d call me your student or whatever.” I answered. He shook his head.

“No. That would look too weird to be honest.” He said. I looked around us and realised it did look a tad bit romantic. I coughed awkwardly and looked at the menu.

“So, what are you having?” I asked him conversationally.

“Uh, maybe the one with all the meat and stuff. What about you?” He asked.

“Just a margarita.” I answered.

“Okay then. Settled.” He said. He called over the waitress and told her what we wanted. After quickly eating we headed back to his flat.

“Okay, now what do we need to unpack?” I asked.

“Not much really. Do you want to do any lessons?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Sounds good to me.”

“Okay, let me see your timetable.” He said. We walked through to the office. “Right, so I know you said you wanted drama which is fine, it’s just that I don’t know that much about it. You’ll learn more when we go to set with your dad, but right now we can either do some random acting of your choice, or we can do a different lesson entirely.” He said.

“Maybe we could do one week with drama and another with something else? Like psychology! I know you teach that as well.” I answered.

“That’s true. Okay then. Well what do you want to start off with?” He asked.

“Maybe drama. That means next week you can be prepared.” I answered. He nodded his head.

“Fair enough. What do you wanna do?” He asked.

“Improvise a scene together? We could be anyone, and we could be anywhere, and we could be doing anything. You start.” I said. He was a bit startled by how sudden it was, and after a bit of stammering he came up with something.

“Um, okay. My um… my doctor’s appointment this morning didn’t go to great.” He said kind of casually. I decided to go along with it.

“Really? What happened?” I asked.

“They said that it’s all getting too much for me. The whole thing. It’s making my head hurt.” He said.

“What thing?” I asked sounding panicked.

“She didn’t tell you?” He asked.

“Tell me what? Cooper?” I asked.

“I was bitten by the love bug. I saw an angel and she walked straight past me even though she saw my pain. I don’t know how long I’ve got left before I die from being out of love.” He answered. I started to feel bad. I knew this must’ve been about Ash, and I knew he was just letting his feelings out.

“Out of love?” I asked, holding his hand comfortingly.

“Haven’t you learnt Shakespeare? Out of love. I love her, but she doesn’t love me. Now what?” He asked.

“Now you move on. So she doesn’t love you back? Who cares? Doesn’t mean nobody will. You’re going to find someone better and oh my god! It’s going to be so great for you when you find it.” I answered.

“I wish there was somebody better than her. There’s just not. She’s perfect. She’s got the most amazing hair and eyes. Her smile could light up a thousand rooms and she has no idea how amazing it is. Have you ever been in love like this, Penina?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Does it matter if I have? It’s not like I’ve got any experience in being actually properly in love. Nobody has ever loved me back. And I doubt it ever will happen. Look, I think we’re getting a bit off track. Let’s just start the scene again.” I said. I backed up a bit. He looked guilty but I have no idea why.

“You’re right. That was my fault. Look, should we just improvise a scene where we’re friends in the park and there’s a puppy coming up to us?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Sounds good.” I answered. We sat on his newly built couch and started pretending there was a dog giving us cuddles and practically begging to be rehomed. However in a surprise turn of events the puppy had an owner who was screaming at us for being near the dog, so we tried to smuggle him away. We ended up getting so caught up in the whole thing that we barely heard the doorbell when Jensen came to pick me up. By that point I had whiskers drawn on my face from when I was being the dog and a lamp shade on my head from when I was acting as the posh but ditsy friend of Coopers who tried to smuggle the dog away. It must sound very confusing, but it was a lot of fun. When Jensen came up he laughed straight at the state of me.

“Cooper, as long as she’s learning stuff with you, I’m really glad these are your teaching methods.” Jensen said. He smiled in relief that he wasn’t being told off.

“I’m glad you like it. Who knows what she’ll be next drama lesson?” He said back making me laugh.

“Better get your professional stage makeup kit. This is quality right here.” I joked which made him laugh.

“Listen, we have dinner with our friends once a week on Tuesdays at around 7. It’d be really cool if you’d like to join us.” Jensen said. Cooper nodded his head.

“That sounds good. I think I’ll take you up on that.” Cooper said.

“Great. Come on Penina. I hope we can make it to the car without anyone staring.” Jensen said making me laugh.

“See you tomorrow Cooper.” I said giving him a high-five.

“Yeah. See you tomorrow.” He said. When we sat in the car Jensen looked at me.

“Did you have a good time?” Jensen asked. I nodded my head.

“The best.” I answered.
Sign up to rate and review this story