Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Eroninja

Expanding Territories: Sasame Fuma: Part II

by TheLemonSage

Naruto is given a scroll containing the secrets of making women fall for him, a scroll he uses at first on the women around him but soon on the shinobi world as a whole, giving birth to the Eroninja

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2015-01-03 - 25102 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: Naruto is not mine. Also this story is a lemon fiction therefore is intended for people of a legal age from wherever they come from. So if these type of stories offend then stop reading now. Thanks.

Chapter 65: Expanding Territories: Sasame Fuma: Part II

Soifon wasn’t sure about just what to make of the world that she found herself in now as a result of finding out that Yoruichi was in some kind of bizarre multi-partner relationship with Naruto. It wasn’t that they had explained it to her though, since the morning after her discovery everyone had acted as if she hadn’t observed their late night tryst. Although, Soifon was forced to admit to herself that wasn’t entirely accurate since Yoruichi, Kin and Ino were no longer hiding their feelings for Naruto. They weren’t being overly overt in showing their affection for him, but she was picking up on the small signs that they gave each other, such as a touch that lingered a little more than was necessary when passing something to each. She found herself wondering whether or not that had been the case for the entire trip, or just something that she was now quite aware of due to what she had witnessed.

Not to mention in the several nights since the one in question all three women had slept in Naruto’s tent. She had not been able to make out any sounds of them having sex, but she figured that they were using a seal similar to the one that they had applied to her tent. But, from the way the tent would rustle it left little doubt as to what they were up to.

Although she doubted that they would be engaging in such activities later on that night due to the grisly discovery they had come across that morning. Soifon, despite having reached the rank of Chunin with the Leaf before quitting after Pain’s Invasion in order to try and become Yoruichi’s apprentice, still had found the sight of the burned merchant caravan and corpses something to grow angry over. If there had been one thing that bothered her over her choice to stop being a shinobi it would be that she would be letting her talents go to waste. She had ultimately based her decision on the belief that should she be able to learn from someone as strong as Yoruichi then in time she would be able to bring justice to such murdering scum far more efficiently. It was the other reason that she had eagerly accepted Kiyomi’s offer of employment, although the other was obviously her infatuation with Yoruichi, since she knew guarding valuable caravans would put her in direct confrontation with bandits more often than even being a shinobi would.

Her gaze drifted to Naruto’s back and she felt her cheeks color as for a moment she pictured him naked. She quickly shook her head to banish the image, but it lingered for several seconds while a part of her whispered how good it would be to experience the same pleasure Yoruichi had. Soifon scowled as she now found herself fighting against her fixation on the dark-skinned woman as it tried to justify her becoming the blond man’s lover in order to get closer to the woman. Although truthfully, it wasn’t the only reason she was tempted to enter his bed as she had reasoned that there must be something special about him for the three women to so readily share him.

Something the dark-haired woman had to admit might not just be related to his skills between the sheets as she had begun to observe him more closely. At first she had done so in an effort to apply Ino’s insight about how being infatuated with Yoruichi didn’t mean she understood the woman. As such, she had figured that for the golden-eyed woman to agree to be Naruto’s lover then he must have a much deeper well of insight about her. In observing him, it had forced her to acknowledge that Ino had been right as one thing Soifon had noticed right away was that outside of when she was around Naruto, Ino, or Kin, the purple-haired woman almost always seemed to be on guard. To Soifon it was as if Yoruichi was afraid that at any moment some secret she was in possession of would be revealed which would cause the other people around her to go berserk. As a result, whenever they passed through a town or people the dark-skinned woman always seemed to drift a little closer to Naruto or one of the other two women. To Soifon’s great delight it seemed that at the very least her lack of reaction to the relationship shared between her traveling partners had caused Yoruichi to lower her guard around her too, if ever so slightly. Soifon wondered why that was for a moment, but she suspected that by not reacting negatively to what she had seen it had in essence shown Yoruichi that she might have a similar reaction to whatever other secret the woman had.

Soifon wasn’t sure why she didn’t have any real reaction to what she had witnessed. Although, she did suspect that a part of it was because at the very least Ino and Yoruichi knew that she had allowed the blonde kunoichi to rub her to a fantastic orgasm. The petite woman still grew wet whenever she pictured Yoruichi sucking her cream from Ino’s fingers. But, Soifon suspected the primary reason was because Naruto and the others were displaying an inordinate amount of trust in her, and if she proved herself worthy of it then she might very well learn more, which would hopefully lead her to the goal that she desired.

Yet, she was also of the opinion that there was a lot more going on around her then she could possibly imagine. For example, she didn’t think that it was any coincidence that Naruto was helping Kin locate her sister at the same time Yoruichi and her were escorting the only shipment that the Great Tree Shipping Company had received from the Land of Rice Paddies. Something that Naruto was currently taking a great interest in especially after they had talked with the former leader of the Fuma Clan, Hanzaki. After arriving at the town where Club Kitty was located, which had been the former seat of power for the Fuma that had not joined Orochimaru, Soifon had surprised Naruto by requesting to accompany him to the meeting.

He had given her a pleasant smile, which had made her wonder when exactly she had begun to think of his smile in such terms. However, the smile hadn’t lasted after they had reached the club and the large man had limped over to them due to his losing a leg. In its place was a peg leg which he had explained was due to just how bad the situation the Fuma faced was.

She and Naruto where sitting in a booth across from him as the blond asked, “You’re telling me that you are under siege in your own country, and the Daimyo isn’t doing anything about it?”

Hanzaki sighed sounding weary and broken as he said, “Not exactly. The Daimyo has tried to get us the items that we need to combat these bastards, such as weapons and medical supplies. But, the bandits now cover such a vast territory that we can’t cover every path into the country.”

Soifon had inserted herself into the conversation by asking, “Have you tried to organize larger shipments so you can protect the vital shipments?”

“Aye,” Hanzaki stated, “That was something that I tried when I still ran the clan. Unfortunately that just prompted the bandits to call in their big guns, and was how I lost my leg to the Lizard.”

“Ahiko,” Naruto asked prompting the large man to nod his head.

“Yeah, that bastard was the one that took it,” the large man stated reaching down to tap on the wooden replacement. A small smile appeared on his lips as he added, “Although, if not for Sasame shooting an arrow into his eye the price I would have paid definitely would have been much higher. She’s become a fine leader of the Fuma.”

“Sasame is in charge now,” Naruto said although not shocked would admit to being surprised she would be given the reigns over more senior clan members.

“Aye,” Hanzaki replied with a voice filled with pride, “After your adventures here she began to push herself even harder. It is because of her leadership the clan can even still function. It’s also why we have spread the shipments out so much.”

“You figure that they might get some of them, but will not be able to hit everyone. It also lets you pick and choose which shipments will receive the extra protection,” Naruto said understanding the strategy.

Hanzaki sat back in the booth smirking as he said amused, “It appears Sasame isn’t the only one who has been improving herself these past several years.” The smile faltered though while adding, “Unfortunately, this approach doesn’t come without its own pitfalls. Many of which are beginning to present themselves.”

“What sort of pitfalls?” Soifon asked since although she could see the cost in the Fuma clan’s resources was of the belief that wasn’t what the man was referring too.

“He means that the cost to even arrange a shipment to enter the country is likely quickly growing, which in turn will limit how many can be sent at one time,” Naruto answered for the leader applying some of the economic lessons that he had received from Karin. “The companies that they are contracting with that don’t make it to their destinations lose men and materials, thus forcing the companies to raise their prices. Eventually the number of shipments will reach a point where nothing slips through unnoticed. When that happens the bandits will likely swarm the remaining shipments cutting off any supplies or force the Fuma to arrange larger ones like before.” Focusing on Hanzaki, the blond asked, “If the latter happens, how confident are you the Fuma would prevail?”

“I hate to admit it, but even if we mustered all of our forces I do not know if we would win in a straight fight,” Hanzaki answered begrudgingly. “A lot of those bastards are former experiments of Orochimaru including Ahiko. Furthermore, it almost seems like they are stockpiling the weapons from the shipments they have hit.”

Naruto leaned forward in interest asking, “Why do you believe that?”

The large man winced rubbing just above where he had lost his leg as if to ease the phantom pain he felt before answering, “It’s just these bastards aren’t acting like normal bandits. They aren’t targeting the richest shipments, but those most useful to arming themselves. Plus, they have access to some rather impressive ninja tools. Ahiko for example seems to have made a contract with the Lizards.”

“That’s not something you would expect a bandit and former prisoner to have access to,” Naruto said as the frown on his face got bigger. “Do you think that is something that they got their hands on from one of the shipments they hijacked?”

“If so it wasn’t coming to us,” Hanzaki replied. “Contracts like that don’t just pop up all that often, and when they do it is almost always on the black market.”

“Which means it is possible that Ahiko has a powerful ally or backer that we don’t know of,” Naruto said concerned. “I’ve looked through the inventory of items that we are transporting and they seem to be luxury goods meant for the palace. This might be why we haven’t been attacked if your hunch about their only being interested in items useful to soldiers is correct. Yet that would seem to suggest that the bandits are aware of what we are carrying.”

“Or they know who is guarding it,” Soifon supplied quickly prompting a slight smile to appear on Naruto’s lips.

“True,” Naruto said causing a slight look of pride to appear on Soifon’s face before teasingly adding, “Yoruichi would be enough to dissuade most potential highwaymen.” Soifon scowled at him, but her cheeks colored slightly as he sent her a smile to let her know he was kidding. It worked for a moment before she scowled again as if on principle, but Naruto turning serious as he continued, “But that would again seem to suggest that the bandits have intel that they really shouldn’t. Plus considering how far we have traveled without even sensing a group close enough to cause us trouble makes me feel as if we are being allowed through.”

Soifon knowing what it cost for a person to hire the women that protected the Gold level shipments asked, “If we are being let through by someone in the capital then why bother spending so much money on protecting this shipment?”

“I can only guess at this point, but there are several reasons that I can think of,” Naruto said rubbing his chin in thought. “The most obvious is that considering how valuable the cargo you are escorting is, it would raise some red flags if we got to the capital unmolested. Also, we can’t assume that every bandit is aligned with Ahiko and so you were hired to make sure these rogue elements don’t get any funny ideas.”

Hanzaki’s voice dripped with disgust as he said, “Besides, the Daimyo is making out like a bandit himself in this situation.”

“He is,” Naruto said concerned.

“Yes, the Daimyo is footing the bill for the supplies and has them insured so if the shipment is robbed then he is reimbursed. Meanwhile we Fuma, who arrange the shipments, lose out on the cost of them,” the former Clan leader stated bitterly.

Naruto had the sense that the Daimyo was running some sort of scam so asked Soifon, “Do you know who arranged the shipment that you are guarding?”

Soifon believing that she knew what Naruto was thinking answered, “I believe it was a representative of the Daimyo. That means he might have some involvement in the decision making process, but are you honestly suggesting the Daimyo is involved with these bandits in some way?”

“It wouldn’t be the first time such a thing has happened,” Naruto stated matter of factly. Remembering what Jiraiya had told him and Sakura about how Orochimaru first gained power in the Land of Rice Paddies when they had first met Sasame, he added, “Furthermore this Daimyo in the past has shown himself to be pretty ambitious. He forced the Fuma into a war with the neighboring countries that ultimately turned against them. Having his ambition thwarted, he then allowed Orochimaru to set up shop here due to him promising him power. I could see him turning to another group promising him much the same thing.”

“But to what end?” Soifon asked, “And why pit the Fuma against the bandits if he’s working with them?”

Naruto shrugged, “I don’t know. We’ll probably get a better idea once we reach the capital.” Standing he offered his hand to the former Fuma clan head stating, “Thanks for the information. I have one last thing to ask.”

“What is it?”

“Is Kotohime in the capital as well with the rest of you clan?”

“Aye, she’s Sasame’s second in command,” Hanzaki replied. “Any particular reason that you ask?”

“I’m traveling with her sister,” Naruto said happy to hear nothing bad had happened to the woman during the turbulent times the Fuma were experiencing.

Hanzaki eyes grew large with surprise as a wide grin appeared on his face as he said, “Well that is welcome news. Kotohime married into the clan and while her husband did join Sound due to the promises of power that Orochimaru made, I believe she didn’t put up more of a fight to stop him due to the temptation of finding her sister again. Sadly, she lost him to the snake bastard’s invasion of Konoha, and I suspect that, along with learning her sister had supposedly died during it as well was why she remained with Sound until Lord Jiraiya saved her.”

Soifon could tell that Naruto had felt some of the worry he felt about reuniting Kin with her sister fade upon hearing Kotohime had joined Sound in hopes of finding his lover. She knew from some of the conversations she had heard while they sat around a fire at night that Kin was worried her sister would reject her due to some past bad blood. The two of them had then left the club after saying their good-byes where Naruto had informed Kin that her sister was in the capital. The dark haired woman had been happy to hear her sister was well and that she should be relatively easy to find. Yet, she still appeared nervous obviously finding it easier to believe that Kotohime had joined the Sound Village more for the man she had married then to find her.

Watching Naruto assure the former Sound-nin that her sister was going to be thrilled to see that she was alive and the way his belief helped brighten Kin’s outlook. Soifon began to understand what it was that attracted the three women she was traveling with to the man.
*****************************
Kurenai entered the apartment that she shared with Yuugao and Anko, although the special jounin was currently on a long term mission in Vegetable Country. The red eyed woman was returning from her nightly run, which she had started shortly after moving into the Hidden Eddy Inn. She began taking off her running shoes as she recalled how the women of the Inn had stated that her running so late at night was to avoid interacting with people. Although she had denied it, she wasn’t deluding herself as she knew that was exactly the reason. She couldn’t exactly explain what was behind her discomfort around people; although she told herself that it was tied to her belief that she should remain alone as a result of failing to protect her and Asuma’s child.

Yet, she found herself reexamining her motives due to Kushina’s calling her out about her desire not to form new bonds, not to mention the other women quickly agreeing with the red-head. Primarily since while it sounded rather noble to remain alone as a form of penance, a part of her was crying out that it was just because she was scared of being hurt again through losing those she cared for. The jounin-sensei suspected that the part of her voicing that thought that was being the most truthful. However, the reason she found that she could ignore it was due to it seeming to be the loudest whenever she felt particularly desirous of a man’s touch, or just after bringing herself to orgasm. Due to that, she found it easier to continue to cling to the idea that she deserved to be alone, since although the voice telling her that she was scared was being more truthful, it was also telling her to give into a temptation she knew might help numb the pain of loss that remained despite the time that had passed since Pain’s Invasion.

Having removed her shoes, she stepped into the living room to see Yuugao sitting on the couch with files spread over the coffee table. The Anbu Captain looked up from a report that she was reading to give a crisp nod, before returning her attention back to the paper as Kurenai made her way to the shower. Upon entering the laundry room that separated the living room from the bathroom, the dark haired woman shook her head again as she marveled at just how luxurious the apartment was as it was easy to see the quality that went into its refurbishing. Kurenai felt a pang of guilt that she had essentially been living there rent free as a result of her having been removed from active duty after her suicide attempt. She had attempted to bring up the subject since being reactivated, but Yuugao had told her not to worry about it.

Having stripped out of her clothes, she entered the bathroom and stepped under detachable showerhead. She sighed as the warm water washed the dried sweat from her skin before turning away to let it soak into her hair. After massaging in some shampoo, she closed her eyes to let the water clean it away and heard the voice telling her that she was being a coward for trying to close herself off from people begin to call out to her. She tried to argue that she wasn’t, especially as she had grown closer to the women and young man who lived under the same roof as her over the past year. Still, the voice quickly used how Miya had pointed out that she really had no choice but to do so. She tried to argue back, but was cut off as an image of Naruto giving her a wide smile appeared behind her eyelids.

She wanted to protest that the voice was fighting dirty especially as her cheeks flushed from the image. But before she could, it was quickly followed by the rest of the memory which was basically the dinner the residents of the Inn had enjoyed the day before Naruto and Ino had left on their mission to the Land of Rice Paddies. There had been a moment as they had eaten when she could sense the happiness that Naruto had felt as he looked around the table. When it had centered on her, she had nearly swooned as a result of the smile that he had given her. It was one of the reasons that she had quickly brought up the subject of Ino’s lack of presence at the meal in order to distract her thoughts from going down the path they had been traveling too often of late. That being how she had found herself growing increasingly attracted to Naruto, and more often than not whenever her subconscious wanted to shut down her arguments about remaining alone it would generally throw images of the blond at her. She hated the fact that it was a tactic that was proving rather effective in weakening her determination.

She wasn’t sure why her subconscious was so focused on the blond man, as while she could chalk it up to his likely being the closest man to her presently outside of Kiba and Shino, she didn’t think that explained it entirely. After all, she would admit to herself that from time to time she had sexual fantasized about having an encounter with the two men on her team usually in the roles of the older woman seducing her students, although she would admit to a few of those scenarios stared Hinata. However, those fantasies were few and far between. Yet ever since she had heard Anko with her mysterious lover, and had imagined herself in a similar situation with Naruto, the red eyed Jounin could state that she viewed Naruto as her go to fantasy lover.

She supposed a part of it was that she did get to see him in more of a relaxed environment then she did any other man. Not to mention the times she had gotten to see him in various stages of undress due to his habit of sometimes coming down to breakfast in just some loose fitting shorts. Or the times she had seen him work up a sweat in the same clothes as he practiced in the training room within the inn. But, while that might explain her physical attraction to him, she couldn’t say that was entirely the reason as there was an emotional component to it as well. This she knew was true as unlike the scenarios her mind conjured for her when they stared her students, her fantasies about Naruto didn’t play out like a hastily produced porno in that all it consisted of was the scenario and a flimsy excuse to get naked. When she dreamed of what kind of experiences she would enjoy with Naruto, although sometimes they did play out like the ones of her students. More often than not, they were more sensual and tender. Although, there was one that she had which stared the blond man and many copies of him as they had their way with her. She knew that the Shadow Clone jutsu didn’t withstand the rigors of sex having tried it with Asama in the past, but that was what fantasies were for after all.

She supposed though that she was just overthinking the whole matter, and her fantasies with Naruto simply seemed to convey a more emotional context due to their living arrangements. Not to mention being related to how all the women of the Hidden Eddy Inn kept mentioning how they viewed those living there as a part of their family. It was a rather seductive thought especially considering how she had lost hers, and if it was a family then she was definitely casting Naruto in the husband role. It wasn’t hard to imagine due to her witnessing how he was with Ayame when she stayed over, not to mention at times it almost felt as if the other women viewed themselves as being just as close to the man. In truth every time Kurenai entered a room that contained Naruto and one or more of the other women that lived at the Hidden Eddy Inn, she always felt as if the atmosphere of the room had changed as a result of her presence.

At first she had assumed it was because of the losses that she had experienced, almost as if the other occupants of the inn were unsure of how to act or behave around her. However, she quickly realized that wasn’t the case as the same feeling was never present when she was alone with one of them. It only seemed to happen whenever there was a gathering and more often than not Naruto was present, although that wasn’t always the case. Yet still, it never appeared like the conversation in a room she entered came to a sudden stop, but she did feel as if there might have been a shift in the atmosphere. It wasn’t a negative shift, but more akin to a teacher stepping into a classroom that had been in chaos moments before, however upon entering found it to be orderly and calm.

All in all it felt as if something was being kept from her, a feeling that she also attributed to her friends Anko and Yuugao. It was more obvious with Anko due to her overhearing the special jounin with her lover. But she also suspected that Yuugao was seeing someone secretly as well. The reason she suspected Yuugao had a secret Beau was primarily due to sometimes she would enter the apartment and have the sense that someone had just been there. At those times if she saw Yuugao the Anbu Captain almost always wore a small but happy smile, or gave off the impression that she had been thoroughly pleased in a physical capacity. Kurenai knew that she couldn’t exactly blame the two women for not letting her know the details of their relationships, if indeed Yuugao was indeed in one, as she had kept just how serious she and Asuma had become from them. However, Kurenai hoped that the reason she hadn’t come across them with their respective lovers was due to their hoping to not bring back painful memories for her.

Kurenai told herself that she was being silly as Anko hadn’t had any problem elaborating on what she had been doing when she had nearly caught her with the man that she called her master. The red eyed woman felt her cheeks flush as the memory gave way to one of her favorite fantasies. She bit her lip as her hand slid across her stomach as she brought it between her legs. Sliding her middle finger along her slit she let out a small whimper. The setting of her fantasy changed but it always played out the same as she imagined the door to the apartment opening while she was occupied with her self-pleasure. Naruto stepped into the apartment, and although the reason for his visits would change, he’d hear the moans as she began to more energetically rub her pussy.

In her imagination the door to the bathroom opened as Naruto hearing her pleasure filled moans would investigate. His response upon finding her pleasuring herself would vary depending on her mood. Sometimes he would burst in thinking something was wrong due to her imagination believing the more innocent Naruto of his youth would act that way. However, that scenario tended to happen less and less frequently as Ayame at times made it quite clear Naruto wasn’t a stranger to the pleasures to be had with a woman. The innocent Naruto wasn’t making an appearance this time around as she pictured him stepping into the shower behind her naked.

“What have we here?” her fantasy lover asked with a knowing smile as she gasped from his sneaking up on her.

Kurenai’s response would also vary depending on her mood, but today she wasn’t in the mood to play the reluctant woman that gave into his advances. Today likely due to the loneliness she felt and her desire for another’s touch she pictured him as her lover surprising her by coming home early. As such she looked over her shoulder to say needfully, “Mmmm, you’re just in time.” Spreading her pussy for him she added, “I have an itch that I just can’t seem to reach.”

In reality Kurenai pulled the detachable showerhead from the wall and placed it between her thighs. She closed them around it, as she imagined Naruto kneeling behind her to begin licking her pussy. She bit her lip trying not to moan as the water massaged her cunt while she ran her hands over her skin and fondled her breasts.

“S-stop teasing me,” the Kurenai in the same fantasy world as Naruto said since although pleasurable his tongue was a poor substitute for what her body truly desired.

Naruto pulled his face from her backside and stood stating, “Then you’re going to need to get me ready.”

Both the real and imaginary Kurenai sank to their knees as in the fantasy she began flicking her tongue against the tip of Naruto’s still flaccid cock. Hearing her lover groan she swallowed it and began working her mouth over it as his manhood grew firmer as it began to awaken. In reality, Kurenai was sucking on her fingers as the still trapped showerhead stimulated her lower lips.

In the fantasy, Kurenai let Naruto’s manhood slip free of her lips with a wet pop and starting at the base ran her tongue underneath the shaft until reaching the tip which she placed a kiss against as it stood up proudly. She the laid on her back spreading her legs to show off her soaked cunnie. “H..hurry Naruto…. I need to feel you inside me… hurry…”

Her fantasy lover knelt before her kissing her hungrily and as their tongues danced she moaned out as he buried his length inside her. In reality though Kurenai was laying on her back using one hand to aim the water at her pussy as the other plunged her index finger inside it. The Kurenai with Naruto let her voice out as she reached up and grabbed his shoulders from underneath his arms while her feet were clamped firmly behind the small of his back.

However, in truth Kurenai was muffling her cries as she pushed against the wall of the shower with her feet trying to simulate throwing herself against her imaginary lover’s thrusts. Both Kurenai reached their climaxes with one achieving much more pleasant results as her lover shouted her name while he filled her insides with his warmth. A warmth the grew more encompassing as Naruto sagged atop of her and his body pressing firmly against hers as they kissed softly and lovingly in the aftermath of their lovemaking.

Kurenai sighed disappointedly as she opened her eyes to find herself alone as the fantasy gave way to reality. Getting back to her feet although shakily she placed the showerhead back and stepped back under the spray wishing her womb still felt as warm as the water running down her body was making her skin feel.

****************************
Yuugao heard the water shut off as Kurenai finished her shower. A few moments later she entered the living room with a towel wrapped around her body and another around her head. The Anbu Captain wasn’t surprised that upon spotting that they now had a guest the red-eyed woman’s gaze appeared unsure about what to make of Komachi’s presence. Particularly since before becoming Naruto’s lover, in all likelihood even with Komachi betraying Danzou, Kurenai knew that she would have assigned the former Root Anbu to a remote outpost in the middle of nowhere for betraying her trust. As such, her friend and roommate was probably rather surprised that instead the sandy blonde haired woman was not only on her squad, but had been made the second in command of it. Not to mention that the two of them had become close enough that they were currently sharing a bottle of wine as they looked over the file that she had been studying before.

Komachi minus her mask looked up from some pictures on the coffee table from her position on the couch opposite the one that Yuugao was sitting on. Focusing on the jounin she said politely, “Good evening Miss Yuuhi.”

Kurenai smiled politely finding the formal way the woman talked a little strange in the non-formal environment. “Please just Kurenai is fine,” the jounin said as she moved to the kitchen to grab an empty glass. Quickly returning she poured herself some wine as she took a seat next to Yuugao asking, “Don’t the two of you know how to relax? You and your team just returned to the village, you can’t tell me you’re already planning to leave again. There can’t be many more bounty offices left for you to attack in the Land of Fire.”

Yuugao frowned but stated, “We’ve come to realize hitting the offices was a dead-end. There are plans in the works for us to try a new strategy in order to find out more about the organization behind them.”

Kurenai studied her friend recalling those how zealous the purple-haired woman had been in her pursuit of leads about those who had placed a bounty on Naruto. She had been a little surprised by the passion that Yuugao had put into the task, but had chalked it up to her taking the job serious as the blond man had become the Leaf’s beloved hero. Yet at times the red-eyed woman couldn’t help feeling that Yuugao had taken the attempt on Naruto far more personally than her job necessitated. Taking a sip of her wine, she scoffed mentally as she stated to herself, “Get real Kurenai. The next thing you’ll be thinking is that Naruto is sleeping with Yuugao too.”

Shaking her head in amusement the Anbu Captain noticing asked, “What?”

“Nothing,” Kurenai replied letting her amusement fade to be replaced by curiosity. “So if you are done raiding Bounty offices, what are you working?”

Komachi looked to the purple haired woman who gave a slight nod so she explained, “While our squad was out of the village there had been a string of disappearances throughout Konoha. Several Anbu squads had been assigned to the cases primarily as they had no reason to suspect them as being linked.”

“Really,” Kurenai said surprised, “I mean you were out of the village for almost a month but you’d think a bunch of disappearances would trip some sort of an alarm.”

Yuugao took a sip from her glass before stating, “You’d be surprised at how many reports we get in a month. Most end up being wastes of time, either false alarms, runaways, or an occasion spy who has left the village leaving people wondering where they went. Plus outside of the victims all being male there was nothing to connect them to one another.”

“Victims?” Kurenai said her tone questioning, “So they weren’t kidnapped?”

Yuugao shook her head in the negative before answering, “No, they were murdered.” She handed the folder to Kurenai who hesitated for a moment but upon opening it she found it contained several pictures of what looked to be a bathroom with six mummified corpses inside it. She looked back to the Anbu Captain as she explained, “The first few to disappear were civilian males who ranged in age from the late teens to late fifties. The latest victim I assigned to my squad as he was a genin who worked in the treasury department. We discovered his corpse among the others which Komachi found by following a hunch she had based on the theory that our genin might be defecting or embezzling funds.”

Kurenai’s gaze shifted to the former Root Anbu as she said, “Back when I was with Root, we knew the owner of that motel tended to favor shady clients. Many spies from other villages knew the owner didn’t ask questions provided he was well paid. Due to this, I believed that if our genin was working with outsiders then they might be staying there.”

“I’m guessing the corpses then were people tied to the conspiracy?”

“I wish it was that simple,” Yuugao said frowning deeply, “It turns out the genin wasn’t up to anything nefarious. In fact, he was rather meticulous in his record keeping. He also had no connection to the other victims from what we can discern.”

“Moreover,” Komachi added, “It turns out the first victim was the motel owner. He had gone missing, but due to his shady nature his employees didn’t report it as he was known to do so from time to time. It looks like we have some kind of serial killer on our hands here. Unfortunately our motel owner was likely the one that checked in our guest and then was killed. Also, apparently whoever was staying there was careful as we don’t even know if it was a man or woman as no one was seen coming or going from the room.”

“How were they killed?” Kurenai asked although she believed it might have been via the Scorch Kekkei Genkai due to the condition of the bodies.

“At this time we aren’t sure,” Komachi answered, “We do know that they were drained of all bodily fluids and while someone with the Scorch bloodline ability would be a prime suspect. We have our doubts.”

Shifting her gaze between the two Anbu she asked, “Are you hesitant to say it’s someone with that bloodline because it means that it is someone from Suna?”

“No,” Komachi answered. Thinking of what she had seen of Pakura using her ability the blonde explained, “I have some dealing with opponents that have used the technique. Generally if it is the Scorch technique you can tell where on the body the orb makes first contact. It is the site from which most of the moisture of the body is first evaporated. In essence the body shrivels towards that point. These corpses though do not look like they shriveled due to a heat source that was embedded inside them, but almost as if the moisture was sucked out. There was a similar case when one of the associates of the missing-nin Hiruko attempted to kidnap Pakura of Suna and discourage pursuit by framing her by making it look like she had killed her squad. However in that instance there were puncture marks where the moisture was drained. They were just difficult to detect due to the shriveled condition of the bodies. We’ll need to wait for the autopsy to be finished to be sure, but I didn’t detect any such marks.”

Kurenai felt a little uneasy at the way the bodies were laid out and made her think it was more akin to an animal or creature tossing away the remains of a meal then a killer doing it for the thrill. With that in mind she asked, “What do you believe the motive for these murders would be then?”

Yuugao shrugged before leaning back into the couch as she replied, “I don’t know. There’s no discernable link between any of the victims other than gender.”

Komachi nodded before theorizing, “There might not be any other link then that. If so our perpetrator might be a woman who lured her victims to the motel to kill them.”

“To what end though?” Yuugao said slightly exasperated at her being unable to seeing a motive.

“Perhaps it is something that she needs to do,” Kurenai suggested causing both women to turn their gazes towards her after sharing a meaningful look.

Before she could inquire as to what silently passed between them Yuugao asked, “Why do you think that?”

Kurenai shrugged setting her glass down to adjust her towel as it threatened to come apart. Once in place she explained, “I guess it just looks like what you stumbled on was some kind of monster’s lair or something and it was using the bathroom to discard the remnants of its feeding.” Now wanting an answer of her own she asked, “Now what was up with that look that passed between you two?”

The two women quickly shared another one before with a sigh Yuugao answered, “It’s classified so I can’t go into very many details, but recently we did become aware of a kunoichi that needed to drain her victims of vitality to sustain her existence. Although I don’t believe she left them in such an emaciated state.”

“True, but she wasn’t allowed to fully drain her target,” Komachi said having also thought of Fuka as a result of Kurenai’s insight. “Although according to his employees the hotel manager went missing around the time she was first encountered.”

Yuugao sat back after having more of her wine. She let it relax her as she was still angry at the women despite Naruto’s energetic and pleasurable means of trying to get her to let go of her hostility towards the disgraced Uzumaki. She felt both pride and worry as she thought, “His capacity for forgiving scum is going to be his undoing someday.” However, even as she thought as much she was forced to admit that some of the women she was tied to through him would have been her definition of villains if she had met them under other circumstances. She knew one of the things that she admired most about him was his ability to make others want to be better versions of themselves. However, the Anbu Captain in her feared one day that nature would cause him to trust the wrong person who would be in a prime position to kill him in a way where she couldn’t protect him. It was a fear that sometimes caused Yuugao to wake in a cold sweat as she didn’t know how she would react upon losing him in a similar manner as she had Hayate.

Noticing Kurenai looking at her inquisitively likely due to her long silence and she figured some of her concerns might have shown on her face, she said, “I don’t think she is involved, but it might not be a bad idea to learn more about her jutsu. We might be dealing with a similar entity. Thanks Kurenai.”

The jounin smiled as she stood to get some rest. “I’m glad I could offer some assistance. Good night.”

The two Anbu returned the sentiment before Yuugao stood to move towards a window and look out on the darkened village. She couldn’t help feeling concerned as even though the village looked peaceful she knew something sinister was hiding in the darkness. She noticed Komachi’s reflection in the window as she joined her once Kurenai had left the room. A moment later her fellow Anbu asked, “Do you want me to speak with her? I’m aware you don’t particularly care for her presence?”

Yuugao sighed but turned from the window to give a tight smile as she said, “No, I’ll talk with her. She is trying to be helpful it seems and it is likely only a matter of time before she makes a full transition into the Family so I shouldn’t continue to bear a grudge towards her.”

Komachi nodded leaving Yuugao alone with her thoughts and the feeling that something truly evil was lurking in the village.

*****************************

Naruto and the others had passed through several other villages on their way to the Land of Rice Paddies Capital. Despite the rundown conditions of the towns, the people seemed in good spirits. A part of the reason Naruto believed was due to the fact that the people of Rice had been living in such conditions for a long time so any improvements to their lives was a blessing. But the prime reason was due to the people genuine affection for the Fuma, and in particular their leader Sasame. The young clan head had made it her goal that despite the hardships being faced by her clan in their struggles against the bandits, the people of Rice Country wouldn’t suffer. Therefore, many of the most well-guarded shipments entering the country were for items essential to the needs of Rice’s citizens. It was something that those citizens had all been too eager to share with him as he gathered more information on the situation.

One thing that was bothering Naruto about the situation though was that Rice Paddies chief export, which was rice, was leaving the country all but unmolested by the bandits. He knew there were a few possible reasons, namely that most of the shipments were well-guarded by the Daimyo’s samurai. Still, he doubted that explained it since the bandits hadn’t shown such restraint against similarly guarded shipments entering the country. Naruto felt there were only two explanations that would adequately explain the bandits targeting only imports with one being far more sinister than the other. The first was that someone in the capital was paying the bandits a type of tax to let the exports pass freely through their territory. Karin had made him aware that such practices were fairly common among the various shipping companies although she refused to do so. It did mean that the Great Tree Shipping Companies Caravans were targeted more often, but bandits were quickly learning to avoid them. It was due to a lot of bandits attacking those shipments that Soifon was promoted to protecting Gold Level Shipments as a result of how well she had handled herself.

The second possible explanation that Naruto could think of was the one that he was leaning towards and filled him with the most concern. That being that someone in the capital was actively working with the bandits and had demanded the exports be left alone as those were tied to his revenue stream. A stream that eventually reached the Daimyo’s coffers which meant everyone that dipped into that stream could be a suspect, including the Daimyo. Naruto sighed since if the Rice Daimyo was involved then he knew that he needed to tread carefully as he was probably on pretty thin ice with the Daimyo of the other countries and those not associated with his ambition. After all, he knew the Earth Daimyo would use his meddling in the affairs of another country’s politics as a bludgeon to make the Fire Daimyo exert more pressure on Tsunade to properly leash him. Although a part of Naruto suspected the Fire Daimyo wouldn’t need to be coerced all that much.

He sighed causing Soifon to ask, “What’s wrong?”

Naruto looked over his shoulder and smiled weakly answering, “Just have a lot on my mind.” The younger kunoichi nodded lapsing into silence. Naruto turned away letting his thoughts linger on the woman and how she had been less hostile to him ever since learning about his relationship with Yoruichi, not to mention the other two women she was traveling with. He was a little surprised she hadn’t made any mention of it to him directly, but Ino had informed him that she believed it was because having learned the woman she looked up to was in a relationship with him, she realized that she didn’t know as much about Yoruichi as she had thought so was trying to observe the situation.

Naruto smiled at his constantly being caught in his Yamanaka lover’s plots since he had only found out about Soifon seeing him with his lovers the morning after. When he had asked Ino why, she had stated that it was because she needed to show his other lovers how one went about properly setting up women to be seduced by him. Although a part of him was annoyed at always finding out she was plotting after the fact, it was hard to get angry or upset when her end goal was to have another woman become his lover. Considering that if not for her, he might have missed out on a chance to become his mother’s lover, he figured she had earned the leeway. Not to mention it was only fair for him to be but a piece in Ino’s game considering how a lot of his lovers had only learned of his own plotting just before joining him.

He could feel Ino’s amused gaze settle on him when Soifon acting almost exactly as the blonde kunoichi had predicted reached the next stage of trying to understand Yoruichi by seeking answers directly. As such, after making sure Yoruichi hadn’t returned from scouting the area Soifon asked, “Naruto?”

“Yes.”

“Um… well can I ask you something about Lady Yoruichi?”

For a moment Naruto nearly played dumb, but figured there was no point so said, “If I can answer it I will.”

The dark-haired woman nodded before asking, “H…How did you get so close with her? She’s so guarded around everyone,” she looked at the other women present before amending, “well truthfully just around me.”

Naruto looked over his shoulder to see that Soifon appeared a little embarrassed and sad at admitting as much. Looking forward he answered, “It’s because I see her for who she really is.”

“But how do you do that if she is so guarded?” Soifon quickly asked.

“I can’t really give you the answer to that,” Naruto replied. “In truth, my understanding of her could be said to have come about much easier than how you would achieve the same results. But, you are focusing on the wrong thing.”

“W..what do you mean?”

“You see her being guarded around you and others as an obstacle to get around,” Naruto answered. “But, what you should be asking yourself is, why does the obstacle exist?”

Soifon frowned not really understanding what Naruto meant, but she lapsed back into silence allowing him to notice that the woman they had just been discussing was standing in the road. She waited for them to catch up before reporting that she had noticed a few presences hiding nearby, but she believed they were Fuma shinobi due to their proximity to the capital. Naruto nodded as he looked forward to Kin’s reunion with her sister and his own with Sasame.

*****************************

Sasame followed the Daimyo of Rice Paddies out of his castle as he hurried to greet the wagon her shinobi had informed her was approaching. Feeling annoyed as the man had abruptly stood to leave while she had been in the midst of begging him to help pay for the higher transportation fees being incurred due to the lost shipments of weapons and other supplies that the bandits had attacked she said, “With all due respect sire, you need to take this situation seriously. The budget that you have allotted us for shipping necessary supplies that we need to combat these bandits has already been used. It’s only due to the supplemental income the Fuma receive from the businesses we established during our exile that we are able to keep ourselves armed. If we have to start combining larger shipments and have to face them head on… I’m not sure we’ll come out the victors.”

The orange haired woman nearly pulled an arrow from the quiver she now wore and stabbed it in the Daimyo’s back as he dismissively said, “Then perhaps I should hire them to protect my interests. Honestly, what use is it having a shinobi clan working for you if mere ruffians cause them to cower in fear?”

She gritted her teeth as she said, “Sire, with all due…”

“Oh be silent,” the Daimyo said quickly, “How many times are you going to repeat the same phrase. Well with all due respect to you, please remember who it was that came up with the strategy that is now the reason your costs are so high.”

“It was a good one sire,” Sasame said knowing getting angry wouldn’t help her situation. “By spreading out the shipments it allowed us to hunt down the bandits as they split up. It was working, but it was almost like they have received reinforcements or something.”

“So you’ve said,” the Daimyo said as they neared the entrance of his castle. “But just from where would they get reinforcements? They are bandits, not an army. They might be willing to follow a strong leader like Ahiko, but its straining the realm of believability to think he’s the head of some great army of bandits. Not to mention, you claim these reinforcements were better trained then the other bandits you faced. Where would he go to acquire such men and more importantly why would Ahikop keep them in reserve until things began to turn against him?”

“I don’t know, sire,” Sasame said, “However…”

“I’m done with this conversation,” the Daimyo said with a dismissive wave over his shoulder. “I refuse to further finance a plan that is just going to keep costing me more and more with no endgame in sight. If you are afraid to face Ahiko in battle then how can I believe throwing more money at the problem will correct it?”

Sasame frowned as he did have a decent point, but she tried to counter as they approached the wagon that had several women standing in front of it, “The plan was to remove most of his followers before directly confronting him. If you want me to change my strategy then please let me hire outside shinobi. There is someone in the Leaf that…”

“Anyone I know,” said a voice from inside the wagon that made Sasame’s eyes go wide in surprise as she trailed off.

She looked to the back of the wagon as Naruto stepped down having been helping to unload it. He gave her a wide smile and was nearly knocked back as Sasame quickly threw her hands around his neck after quickly closing the distance between them. She stepped back upon realizing her actions in front of the Daimyo and the other women present although a few of the citizens helping move the unloaded items smiled seeing the Clan head genuinely happy. “Sorry,” she quickly said as her cheeks colored from embarrassment at her actions.

“Don’t be,” Naruto said amused, “It’s good to see you again. I’m sorry it has taken so long.”

“I understand you’ve been busy,” Sasame said, having been following Naruto’s exploits. “But what brings you here now?”

“I would like to know the same thing,” the Daimyo said interjecting himself into the conversation. Naruto frowned as he added, “I was under the impression I had hired the Great Tree Shipping Company’s top talent to guard my shipment. I can’t say I’m pleased they farmed the job out to some Leaf Chunin.”

“I’m a genin,” Naruto said surprising the man who he figured thought that due to his age he would be ranked higher. Indicating Soifon and Yoruichi he added, “You did get some of their best to guard your shipment. I just tagged along with them as I knew I would be passing through some dangerous territory while trying to complete my own mission.”

“Well considering what I’ve heard about those assigned to guard Gold Shipments it seems you’ve made a pretty wise decision. I doubt a lowly genin would have made it here,” the Daimyo said.

Sasame tried to point out that Naruto was no normal genin but was cut off by the blond as he said, “Well, I’m just fortunate they let me tag along.”

“Indeed,” the man said in a tone Naruto felt was meant to be insulting. The middle aged man frowned as Naruto didn’t react so instead said, “What pray tell is your mission within my lands?”

Naruto indicated Kin as he answered, “We were hired to escort this woman through these lands in order to help her locate her sister. She just so happens to be a Fuma kunoichi.”

Sasame let a pleased smile appear as she said happily, “You’re Kin, I can see that family resemblance. Oh, Kotohime is going to be so happy.”

“Really,” Kin said with a note of cautious hope in her voice.

“Oh absolutely,” Sasame said energetically having grabbed Kin’s hand, “She talks about you all the time. She was devastated when she heard you died… but wait a minute if you didn’t…”

“It’s a long story,” Naruto said, “One I’m sure her sister would like to hear as well.” He then turned towards Soifon and Yoruichi as he said, “Ladies, thank you for taking such good care of us.”

Yoruichi gave a seductive purr as she replied, “Well, you did make it worth my while. I think we’ll hang around a bit so you can properly show how grateful you are.”

“But Lady Yoruichi shouldn’t we head back for another assignment?”

“What’s the hurry Soifon,” Yoruichi said already leaving the courtyard, “I’m sure there’s plenty of excitement to be had here. But if you want to head back I can’t stop you.”

“But Lady Yoruichi…” Soifon said following after the woman as she began pulling her clothes off before turning into her cat form. Snatching them up from the ground, the dark haired woman followed after the black cat as she darted into the city.

Naruto chuckled at the scene before having to take off in a similar manner as he noticed that Sasame was pulling Kin with her into the city. The two were being followed by a smiling Ino, who was waving at him follow along.

*****************************
Sasame felt nervous as she changed out of her ninja attire. Her normal attire usually consisted of a light purple sleeveless shirt that hugged her curves better than the one she had worn when she had first met Naruto. She had traded in the shorts that she had worn for a pair of loose fitting but rugged pants in the same brownish-green color. She had added knee pads as well having taken up her clan’s proficiency with the bow and arrow, so she often would drop down to steady her aim for extremely long shots or difficult shots.

She quickly showered as she felt the first vestiges of good cheer that she had in a while due to Naruto’s visit. But also due to Kin’s reunion with her sister. She smiled as she changed into a kimono to receive her guest as she recalled Kotohime opening the door after she had knocked on it. The dark haired woman had said, “This better not be another emergency Sasame. We’ve been running ourselves ragged for months you promised me some time off. I’d like a least a day or two before having to run out to drive off another group of bandits.”

“It’s not,” Sasame said struggling to keep the smile off her face. “But you’ll never guess who I ran into after my meeting with the Daimyo.”

Before Kotohime could reply, how unless it had something to do with her bed she didn’t particularly care. The orange haired kunoichi pulled Kin in front of the doorway. Sasame studied the older woman’s face as at first she struggled to figure out who she was looking at due to the years that had passed. But once the connection was made it had warmed her heart especially as with tears appearing in her eyes, Kotohime had shouted, “Kin!!!”

She launched herself at her sister wrapping her arms around her allowing Sasame to see that Kin’s face mirrored her siblings. They both quickly apologized at the same time causing those watching to laugh happily especially as they began talking and interrupting each other in order to find out more about what had happened in their lives up to that point. Ino had stepped in saying, “Ladies, perhaps we can take this reunion inside. I think you’ll agree a hallway doesn’t make for the best venue.”

Kotohime looked over about to ask who the Leaf kunoichi was, but her eyes settled on Naruto standing next to her as causing her to say, “Naruto!?” She looked over to Sasame with an amused look in her eye aware of her infatuation with the Uzumaki. Looking back at her sister she said, “Kin, there’s so much I need to say to you.”

“I know,” her sister replied, “I feel the same. There’s so much I need to apologize for.”

“That’s not important,” Kotohime said before adding, “Let’s continue this inside. I’m sure someone wants to have her own reunion with blond and good looking over there.”

Sasame flushed but had to giggle as Naruto said while his cheeks colored slightly from the compliment, “Actually, this is the first time Ino’s been to Rice Country so she really doesn’t know anyone.”

Kotohime smiled saying, “Well I’m sure you’ll figure out who I meant soon enough.” She stepped inside letting Kin enter the room, who sent a look towards Naruto that was filled with gratitude as well as some deeper emotions. Sasame noticed the look as did her sister, but didn’t let that deter her from mouthing to the orange haired kunoichi, “Ask him over,” before shutting the door.

Sasame let the warm memories temporarily banish her nervousness to simply enjoy the fact that in the shinobi world which often took a lot more than it gave back. Somebody close to her finally had her prayers answered. The nervousness returned full force though when someone began knocking on her door. She cursed before scrambling to put on some clothes her daydreaming having cost her the time that she had wanted to use in order to make herself presentable to her guest.

“Coming,” she called appearing from her room dressed in a loose purple shirt whose sleeves stopped just below her elbows and matching tight skirt that reached to her mid-thigh. She stopped just long enough to make sure she looked presentable in the reflective surface of a picture which featured her and the other members of the Fuma standing in front of Club Kitty. She adjusted the wide neck hole of her shirt as her orange bra strap was sticking out as the shirt was pulled too far to the right. Once she straightened her shirt, she smoothed out her hair before opening the door.

She smiled as she opened the door to find Naruto on the other end since she had taken Kotohime’s advice and invited him over. She quickly took in what he wore and noticed that although he wore orange pants with a black buttoned down shirt both were more of a more casual dress style then she would have expected him to pack while on a mission. She invited him in and although secretly pleased he was alone asked, “No Ino? Is she going to be alright spending the night alone?”

Naruto replied with a smile, “Oh, I’m sure she’ll find something to occupy her time.” He turned away as his smile grew a little lecherous while he recalled his blonde lover waving good-bye from the couch of the hotel room they had rented with a K-clone kneeling before her and its mouth clamped to her pussy. Taking in the room he said, “It seems the Fuma Clan experienced a bit of a resurgence since Orochimaru’s death.”

Sasame nodded, closing the door after the blond, “When word first reached everyone about how Sasuke betrayed him, Hanzaki had us quickly return to the capital. The Daimyo was more than happy to see us then.”

“Really,” Naruto said surprised, “I only caught snippets of your disagreement with him, but he seems to have gotten over his gratitude.”

“That’s putting it mildly,” Sasame said letting her frustration out. “However, I do not want talk about that right now. How long are you staying?”

Naruto felt a frown as he had hoped Sasame would ask for his help, but he figured that she was either putting up a brave front or as he had heard knew she couldn’t afford to hire Konoha’s services without help from the Daimyo. Letting the subject drop for the moment, he answered, “Hard to say. Technically our mission is over, but I’m sure I could be persuaded to stick around for a few days.”

Sasame wasn’t sure what it was about Naruto’s tone that caused her to feel warmer inside, but feeling her cheeks beginning to color turned away as she said, “I’d like that. Would you like something to drink?”

“Surprise me,” Naruto said as he moved to her couch while Sasame moved to her kitchen area.

There she looked for something to serve before deciding to take advantage of the moment to break out a bottle of sake that Hanzaki had given her upon promoting her to clan head. Placing it on a tray with some serving cups, she stepped back into her living room asking, “Is this okay?”

Naruto recognized the brand having a few lovers that enjoyed their spirits so knew it was of high quality so replied, “Sure. But are you sure you want to waste that on me? It’s pretty expensive.”

“Really,” Sasame said surprised. “I got it as a gift from my predecessor. I’m not usually one for such things, but this is the first time I’ve been able to relax in a while.”

Naruto nodded so Sasame set the tray down on a coffee table before sitting down on her couch next to him. “May I,” he said indicating the bottle as she brought her feet up on the couch after nodding. He pulled out the stopper pouring some into the two cups before handing one to the Fuma kunoichi. Picking up his own, he asked, “What shall we drink to?”

“To happy reunions,” she said thinking of Kotohime’s with her sister as well as her own with the man she admired.

Naruto seconded the sentiment before taking a drink of his as he relaxed into the couch noting the fact that the orange haired kunoichi was sitting at the opposite end leaving a cushion width between them. He smiled as Sasame took a sip of hers and made it apparent she wasn’t a regular drinker when she took a steep intake of breath. “T-that’s pretty strong.”

“It’s quite good,” he replied taking another quaff from his glass. Sasame was glad to see Naruto relaxing, but she frowned as he asked, “So, what have you been up to these past few years?”

“I… I would rather not talk about it,” Sasame said noticing Naruto’s face take on one of concern. She put on a smile that she could only partial feel since while happy to have him around, the temptation to have him help with her clan’s desperate situation was also great. However, knowing that without the Daimyo’s permission or the funds to pay Konoha that she would be trading on their friendship, she said, “I’d much rather hear about you and your adventures. You made quite a few waves when you interfered in Iwa’s plot in Paradise City. It might have been on the other side of Earth Country, but for a time we thought these ba…” Sasame trailed off not wanting to bring up how her clan thought the bandits might be getting support from Iwa. Recovering, she took another sip of her drink before saying, “You’ve just been so busy. I’ve also heard you have a girlfriend now, congratulations.”

Naruto wanted to tell Sasame that she could burden him with her problems, but seeing as how even as she was trying to forget them that they were laying just beneath the surface, he knew there would be another chance to talk about it. Therefore, he said amused, “I wasn’t aware my love-life was a topic of discussion out here.”

Sasame was a little embarrassed she had brought it up so soon. Remembering her disappointment upon seeing his picture with Ayame and Sakura with the caption proclaiming the browned haired woman as such, she quickly said, “It was on the front page of a paper I read about the opening of that Hotel in Whirlpool. I also heard things got pretty out of control.”

Naruto had to let his concerns remain below the surface about the current theory being that Nyau crashed the last day of the ceremony so some group could test the chakra armor that he had worn. Having more practice then the orange haired woman he was quite certain he was able to fully hide it unlike she had been. Giving her a disarming smile he said, “Well, I’m sure every party has one or two troublemakers who show up to ruin everyone’s good times.”

Sasame giggled as she said, “Is that what you call a psychopath hoping to murder some singer?”

Naruto shrugged finishing his glass and pouring another said, “Well, weddings have their crashers looking to score free booze and pick up ladies. It’s only natural that an event attended by shinobi would have crazed stalkers wearing experimental armor.”

The Fuma kunoichi’s glass was empty so she held it out to Naruto, who filled it as she said amused, “You make it sound like just another day for you. So what other adventures have you had that such a thing seems to be almost mundane to you?”

Naruto launched into a lot of the things that had happened to him over the time span since they had last been in each other’s presence. Naturally he left out details of how many of the women he talked about were now his lovers. He noted that as the time went on the space between them had closed so that as he sat back on the couch after standing and using his hands to tell her about how he had survived the fall from the back of a bird-like creature while rescuing Pakura there were only a few inches between them. Sasame was kneeling excitedly as she asked, “Then what happened?”

Naruto smiled as he said, “Well then Hiruko appeared. I duked it out with him; while Pakura took on his remaining… well I’m not really sure what his team was. They merged into some weird beast while Hiruko retreated to activate his jutsu to power up since I was totally kicking his ass.” He smiled as Sasame giggled at his boasting, before continuing, “Well, Pakura managed to fry that thing with a massive sun orb while I distracted it, but then she tried to jump into her jutsu.”

“Why would she do that?”

Naruto swirled the liquid in his cup while answering, “She figured that Hiruko needed her to complete his jutsu and create his perfect form. She figured that by killing herself she would thwart his plan and if he proved too much for me I could then retreat safely.”

“A rather noble act,” Sasame said respectfully.

Naruto stopped his action with his cup replying, “Do you think so? I hate that type of thinking to be honest.”

Sasame looked at him surprised before asking, “What do you mean? As shinobi we are taught to sacrifice ourselves for the good of Clan or Village. What Pakura did would have insured Hiruko’s defeat.”

“Do you think so?” Naruto said, “It just seems rather defeatist to me.” Thinking of his actions with Kin, he said, “I’ve been willing to gamble my life for the sake of others. But, what the difference is that I’ve never viewed my life as being something to be thrown away. Pakura saw the scenario and figured her life had less value then a stated objective. Basically it was kill myself, deny the enemy an objective. In that situation, seeing her own existence as being meaningless against a potential outcome just… it doesn’t sit well with me. If her destiny was to end up as part of Hiruko’s perfect form then that was something she should have fought against with every fiber of her being, instead of giving up and just trying to deny him an objective.”

“But what if by doing so Hiruko would have gotten his hands on her and completed his jutsu?”

“Then it would have been up to us to stop him,” Naruto stated. “But expecting one person to throw away her life to make things convenient for everyone else is selfish. We are a lot stronger together then alone, and all of us should never be willing to sacrifice others to make our own situations better.”

“Even if that person was willing to do it themselves,” Sasame asked wondering if Naruto was speaking of her clan’s situation.

“Especially then,” Naruto said looking into her brown eyes, “A person willing to throw their life away without trying to the very end is taking the quick way out. There is a world of difference between thinking death is the best option and struggling to the end knowing that even if you succeed you might die. Pakura felt her death wouldn’t affect anyone and she could do something noble for others. She didn’t believe there was anyone waiting for her so it didn’t matter if she lived or died. She didn’t think there was anyone she could turn to when she needed it most. It kind of reminds me of someone else that I know. She’s trying to shoulder so much by herself even though there are lots of people willing to help. There’s one sitting in front of her right now.”

Sasame tried to tell him that he was wrong. However, she got about as far as “Naru…” before she burst into tears feeling as if the dam she had built to keep up appearances had given way. She allowed him to pull her head against his chest as she said, “I don’t know what to do. I’m…”

“Shh,” Naruto said cupping her face and using his thumbs to wipe away her tears. “You’re not alone, Sasame,” he said gently giving her a soft smile. “I told you I want to help.”

“I…I don’t have the funds to hire Konoha and you’re strong…”

“Sasame,” Naruto said cutting her off, “I’m not going to help you as a shinobi of the Leaf, but as Naruto Uzumaki. You’re important to me…”

Naruto was cut short as Sasame suddenly leaned in to kiss him. She quickly pulled away out of his grip saying embarrassed, “I’m sorry… I know you have a girlfriend and…”

“It’s fine,” Naruto assured her as she trailed off, “Actually, the truth is Ayame and I…”

“Are finished,” Sasame asked with a small hint of hopefulness entering her tone.

“No,” Naruto said noting how Sasame sagged at his response, “The truth is a tad more complicated. Ayame, as far as the world knows is my girlfriend… but… well she isn’t the only one. Actually I spent a good portion of the night telling you of my adventures with some of my other lovers.”

“Y…you mean that… even Pakura,” the kunoichi said shocked.

Naruto smiled as he nodded while answering, “Let’s just say that now she knows how important she is and knows there are people who love and cherish her.”

“People?”

“Naturally,” Naruto said, “She and my other lovers are a part of my Family. If she were to throw away her life then I wouldn’t be the only one affected by it. You said that I’m strong, but my strength has never been just a matter of how much chakra I have or the jutsu that I’ve mastered. With the aid of my Family, I am far stronger than I am alone. Let me be your strength as well.”

“I…is that why you came here? To… to collect me like some trophy? Pakura is now a member of the Suna Council if I’m not mistaken. Do you value her for who she is… or what she brings to the table.”

“I cherish her for who she is,” Naruto said truthfully. He sighed though as he admitted, “I did come to recruit you into my ambition, but I didn’t even know you had become the clan head until I talked with Hanzaki.”

“Your ambition,” Sasame said guardedly. “What ambition is that? I would figure you would be in a prime position to become Hokage.”

“My dream has grown since then,” Naruto said. “My lovers and I hope to create a world where the shinobi villages can get alone in peace. To that end we have built alliances and put down threats to that goal. I had hoped you would become a part of it.”

“By joining you in your bed?”

“If you desired that,” Naruto replied. “Just so you know, both Kin and Ino are also a part of my Family. However, if knowing I am with others is not something you are okay with I still would hope I could count on your help.”

“My help,” Sasame said in disbelief, “I can barely stop a pack of bandits that are on the verge of cutting us off from all supplies and then wiping us out. What possible help could I be to you?”

Naruto shook his head saying kindly, “You are strong Sasame. As we traveled here, all I kept hearing about was how you and your leadership of the Fuma in this crisis was what prevented the citizens from suffering. You and the Fuma are the ones currently supporting this country. But you don’t need to support that burden alone.” Naruto reached out to place his hand on her shoulder while saying, “My strength is and has always been at your beck and call, regardless of whether you wish to…”

Naruto was knocked back until he fell on the armrest of the couch due to Sasame surging forward to kiss him. He didn’t react right away, but as her lips lingered against his, he wrapped his arms around the small of her back loosely as he became an active participant. After a minute or so, she pulled back tucking a strand of her orange hair behind her ear as she said, “Naruto… “

She trailed off trying to think of the words to convey what she was feeling so Naruto reached up to cup her face with his left hand saying, “If you can’t find the words then you can always fall back on showing me how you feel.”

Sasame smiled softly before leaning down to sample his lips once more. Soon though, her kiss grew hungry, which he quickly responded to as well. They made out fiercely as Sasame let the blond’s strong arms pull her towards him. Their tongues clashed energetically until she abruptly broke out into a moan as Naruto began to fondle her left breast. She broke the kiss enjoying the pleasure his rolling her tit around caused and after letting out another soft moan asked, “Has it grown since the last time you fondle my breast?”

Naruto chuckled at the reminder that the first time they had met he had accidentally copped a feel while pulling her to safety. He squeezed her tit harder causing her to moan again as he answered, “You’ve definitely grown. Even a knucklehead like the kid I used to be would have been hard pressed to think you were a boy.”

She giggled as she pulled away to kneel before his legs on the couch. Her eyes caught sight of the hardness that had been poking her in the stomach. She pulled her shirt over her head and tossed it away before folding her arms beneath her chest pushing them together as she said, “Still, they probably aren’t as spe…”

Naruto quickly sat up silencing her with a kiss before saying, “Please don’t compare them to anyone else’s.” He kissed her neck and began working his way down to her chest while adding, “You are perfect just the way you are. All I see is a beautiful woman who is willing to bind her life to mine.” Kissing the inside of her left breast he said, “A woman that I want to know in every way possible. If she’ll have me that is?”

Sasame stared into Naruto’s blue eyes as his face was nestled between her breasts. Despite knowing of his other lovers, in that moment she could see that the only person he was looking at was her. Unable to find the words, she just gave a small nod which prompted a wide smile to appear on his face. She moaned a moment later as he clamped his mouth to her right tit while his hand began to roll around her left. Her whimpers of pleasure grew louder as he detached his lips long enough to push her bra up to expose her light pink nipples which stood up nearly painful erect. Naruto began licking her breast before sucking it causing her to wrap her arms around his head.

His hands began gliding down her back before grabbing the cheeks of her butt. Then gripping the hem of her skirt he pulled it up over her hips and then began to fondle her backside. After several heartbeats he gently began to guide her onto her back and once she was, he pulled back to admire the state that she was in. Sasame was panting heavily and blushed as Naruto noticing the color of her underwear said, “Orange, my favorite color. Were you wearing them for my benefit? Were you hoping to seduce me?”

“I… I don’t know…” Sasame said embarrassed. While a part of her certainly did, she had known about his having a girlfriend so couldn’t say she planned to go through with it.

Such matters became irrelevant as she gasped from Naruto running his finger along a darkened patch of her underwear and along her slit. He smiled as he said, “The color seems to be a little darker here.” He began to rub her pussy through her panties causing her to moan and move her hips about. When her panties were a soaking mess he grabbed the band of them by her hips, which she raised up to allow him to pull them free, Her whole body flushed as he brought the orange material to his nose to get a good sniff of her scent. His eyes widened as he saw resting above her pussy she had shaved a four pointed star. He smiled upon realizing it was meant to represent the famous shuriken that her clan had created, and although it had splintered sometime in the past with one portion remaining an unattached clan that wandered while hers had taken up residence in Rice Paddies. He recognized she was proud of her history.

Bringing his face between her thighs he said, “Mmmm, this scent is driving me wild.”

“Don’t…oh…don’t say that…” Sasame said between moans as Naruto clamped his mouth over her quim.

He pulled it away while burying his middle finger inside her as he replied, “Why not? You have nothing to be embarrassed about.” Rubbing his face against her mound he said, “And I just love the orange that accentuates these sweet pink lips.” He began to flick her clit with his tongue while he worked his finger inside her. Sasame’s moans grew louder and louder until finally she let out a loud shriek as she climaxed. She shivered as Naruto pulled his finger free but began licking her thighs and pussy to collect her essence. Once he was satisfied he climbed atop her and placed the finger he had fingered her with against her lips. She parted them and moaned as she tasted herself for the first time. Seeing the fire her actions caused to appear in his eyes, she placed her hands around his wrist to hold it in place and swirled her tongue around the digit. When there was nothing left to be had, Naruto stood and pulled her to her feet as well.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her tightly against him while they kissed and he stripped away the rest of her clothing. When he was finished she stepped back and said, “It’s not fair. I’m the only one who’s naked.”

Naruto smiled as he replied, “Something that is rather easily fixed.”

Sasame smiled and reached towards him to unbutton the top one of his shirt. She stepped closer as she worked her way down and began kissing the exposed flesh. When it was fully opened she pushed the shirt off his body letting gravity pull it to the floor. He groaned as she began licking his nipple while her fingers deftly undid his belt and unbuttoned his trousers. She pushed them down and felt her arousal spike as his pillar snapped free of his underwear. She just stared unsure of what to do as he stepped free of his clothes. She wondered if he wanted her to return the favor and so was about to sink to her knees but he grabbed her by the shoulders saying, “Perhaps we should adjourn to your bedroom.”

Sasame nodded with a soft smile and reached out to take his hand in order to lead him to her room. Naruto followed behind as she guided him to the foot of her bed where she spun to once more kiss him while wrapping her arms around his neck. They kissed passionately while Naruto used his left hand to fondle her breast while the right was clasped firmly on her ass pulling her groin towards his. She moaned into the kiss as his cock was sandwiched between their bodies. Pulling back with a trail of saliva still connecting their tongues he said, “I’m going to make you mine now. You can still back out if you want.”

Sasame pulled away and sat on the edge of her bed before laying back. Spreading her legs, she held her arms out to him as she said, “Come to me please.” She moaned softly as Naruto while still standing at the foot of her bed stepped between her thighs and slid his cock over her entrance. She hissed as he pushed inside her due to a slight discomfort from her pussy being spread by something larger than her finger.

Naruto pushed in slowly as although it hadn’t come up, he strongly suspected that he was Sasame’s first and knew that even should he not encounter a barrier her first time could still be painful. Therefore, when he reach the back of her warm, wet passage the look on her face told him that she had never been so full which caused him to feel a sense of gratitude that she would give such a precious thing to him. Especially due to her being aware he had other lovers.

Leaning forward he asked, “How do you feel?”

With a breathless whispered sigh of contentment her response brought a pleased smile to his face. “Complete.”

“I’m going to move now.” She hissed softly as his length slowly pulled away causing the pressure against her core to abate. Once he nearly pulled free and then pushed forward a small moan followed which as the patter repeated grew louder and louder as Sasame’s body became awash in pleasure. Her moans dropped in volume as she didn’t want the members of her clan to storm her apartment fearing she was being murdered. Although the walls were fairly thick, they weren’t soundproofed. However, as Naruto cock repeatedly stabbed her core it was difficult not to let out shouts that would shake the building.

Naruto seemed uncaring of her plight to remain silent as he continued to hammer into her, which created a balloon of pleasure that grew bigger and bigger as it threatened to pop within her. With her hands clutching at the blanket above her head, she was defenseless against him as he leaned forward to capture one of her bouncing breasts with his mouth. She moaned loudly while arching her back as he sucked on her tit causing her to call his name, “N…Naruto… n…no…no more…”

He ended his suckling to pull her off the bed and holding her by her butt continued to bounce her on his cock. Sasame now having a tight grip around his neck kissed the side of his face as she had a sensation of the room spinning before Naruto sat on the edge of the bed. Then for Sasame the world stopped as his dick stopped churning up her insides. “No… don’t stop…”

Naruto gave her a smirk as he said, “I’m starting to get confused Sasame. Which one is it, too much or too little?” Sasame pouted at his teasing, but taking matters into her own hands placed her feet on the bed before raising her hips as she began sliding her pussy up and down her lover’s cock. Soon her bedroom was filled with the sound of her bouncing atop of Naruto at a similar pace to what he had been using before as she clutched her torso tightly to her lover’s.

She clamped her lips to where his neck met her shoulder as Naruto joined in by meeting her downward thrusts. She pulled away to state, “I…I’m…I’m so close…”

“M…me too,” Naruto grunted, and then caused her pleasure balloon to pop as he grabbed her hips and fully impaled her on his dick. Her scream was muffled as Naruto pressed his lips to hers while her pussy convulsed around his cock as he filled her with his seed. Her mind went blank as she drifted in the warmth and pleasure coursing through where they were connected. When she became aware again she was sitting in Naruto’s lap still with her legs spread out behind him. Pulling away she stared into his blue eyes stating, “T…that was amazing.”

“Would you like an encore?” He asked as his cock was still buried inside her. He ground her hips against her causing her to moan before smiling as she answered by continuing to roll her hips in a circle. As the two began to let their passions reignite, Sasame felt truly happy for the first time since taking the reins of the Fuma confident that with Naruto’s support and love her clan could only thrive.

*****************************

Kotohime looked at her Clan leader and as had been the case for the past two weeks couldn’t help feeling that something significant had happened. Although Sasame never really let on, the dark haired kunoichi knew that she had felt ever bit of pressure that had been placed on her shoulders upon becoming the Fuma leader. Kotohime tried to mitigate it as best she could, but she had been nearing the breaking point herself. In fact, she had been floating around the idea that they should stage a rebellion against the Daimyo. She had been confident that it could work as she knew Sasame would easily have the support of the citizens due to her tireless efforts. Not to mention they saw how selfish the Daimyo was as while they barely could get the items they needed to survive he continued to import fine items from throughout the Elemental Countries.

There had been a few matters that had prevented her from even suggesting it though. The main being that she knew the bandits would play a huge factor in such a battle for the control of Rice Paddies. If as she and Sasame suspected at times, that the Daimyo was actually in league with the bandits then he would likely turn to them in his desperation. Considering that the Fuma had come up the losers the one time each side had fully mustered their forces, she knew such an outcome would be disastrous.

Convincing Sasame would also present a major problem to any such action as she like many of the Fuma took their service to the Daimyo as a point of pride. Even if to Kotohime that association had hurt the Fuma far more often than it helped. She suspected that she saw it as such mainly due to her becoming a Fuma through marriage rather than being born to the Clan. The Fuma of Rice Paddies had splintered off from the Clan around the time that Konoha was being founded. Shortly after that event, a call had gone out by various Daimyo to other shinobi clans as they feared the Land of Fire was trying to in essence corner the market on Shinobi. The other four major Shinobi villages quickly sprung up as some ambitious shinobi refused to put aside their rivalries and follow the man that became the First Hokage. Not to mention they had ambitions of their own. The Fuma though had initially refused not wanting to be tied to any lord particularly due to their storied history and due to a belief they could continue to thrive in the new world created by the Shinobi Village System. They had quickly learned that even countries that hadn’t established shinobi villages preferred hiring the shinobi of other countries rather than a wandering clan. Particularly since a shinobi with a home to go back to and thus something to lose was more trustworthy than a group that could just up and disappear on a client at a moment’s notice. Eventually without a means of providing for themselves the Fuma were reduced to being little more than strong arm thugs and assassins for criminals. Once that happened it wasn’t long before they ended up on the wrong side of a conflict with one of the established villages.

The Fuma had nearly been wiped out by the Village of Taki and more specifically it’s recently come of age first jinchuriki. Of those that survived, a portion swore revenge, but a larger number decided it was time to swallow their pride. Although too late to join in the scramble to create a village of their own, they did manage to secure a benefactor in the current Rice Daimyo’s grandfather. Those that refused to settle down became little more than mad dogs that took any unsavory job, just so long as it allowed them to attack and kill shinobi that they viewed as having sold their souls to the Daimyo. As such, as far as Kotohime knew most if not all of those rogue Fuma were likely gone as there was little chance for them to survive without changing their ways much like the Kaguya clan of Hidden Mist.

It was for that reason that even though the current Daimyo had nearly destroyed the clan twice through his selfish desires to expand his wealth and influence; Kotohime doubted that Sasame or her fellow clansmen could support such an action as deposing him. The Fuma kunoichi had to admit that a part of her also wanted revenge against him as it was those same actions that had created the opportunity for Orochimaru’s rise in her home country which had ultimately cost her the lives of her husband, and until recently she had thought her sister.

Kotohime had to blink a few times to clear her eyes of the tears of happiness that she felt at being able to say she had been wrong about Kin’s fate. She had deeply regretted that the last words they had uttered to each other had been statements of how they hated each other. For a time, she had seen her sister’s leaving as a blessing, or at least tried to convince herself that it had been. With Kin gone the meager money she was able to earn playing music for guests of the local tavern had gone a lot further. Yet, it was after meeting her husband and due to her living a life that although not lavish, was not the poverty she had known growing up while having to support her younger sister. It was about that time when Orochimaru had approached the Fuma in adding their clan’s strength to his new village. Kotohime had initially been against it for much the same reasons she had told Kin not to go. Sadly, her husband was one of those who had been swayed to join the Sound Village. Not willing to lose another important person and with the hope that she might see her sister again Kotohime had gone as well.

Although she had not trained extensively as a child she much like her sister did have some talent with chakra so her husband had begun to train her prior to Orochimaru’s offer where her talent for genjutsu through sound had been discovered. A talent that the Sound Village obviously cultivated. Still Kotohime’s requests to be reunited with her sister were denied as it was claimed that Kin had been selected for an important mission. A mission she later learned was the precursor to the invasion of Konoha. A mission that she would be informed cost her both a husband and sister.

Orochimaru himself had come to inform Kotohime of her family’s demise, and while at the time she had thought that her initial opinions of him were wrong due to how genuinely remorseful for her loss he had seemed. Now she knew it was just a part of the man’s sick personality. He had used the opportunity to turn her into another shinobi filled with a desire for revenge against the Leaf and who would gladly throw her life away for his benefit. Upon being saved by Jiraiya, she had spent the following years honing her skills to instead kill the very man whose ambition she once swore to make a reality. Naturally, she had been disappointed to learn that Sasuke had beaten her to it, but she hardly lingered over the matter. Instead, she fully committed herself to her husband’s clan which was why when Sasame was promoted to lead it the orange haired woman had tapped her to be her second.

As a result, she felt a little guilty about how now that Kin was back and having had the sense that her sister had similar feelings for Naruto as Sasame found herself in the difficult position of choosing who to root for. She did know that Naruto had a girlfriend in Konoha, but since she didn’t know the woman could honestly say she wasn’t too concerned for her feelings. Still, strangely enough in the two weeks since their reunion Kotohime was kind of surprised by just how well Kin and her clan leader were getting along.

Kotohime remembered waking up the day after spending much the night catching up with her sister to find her living room had become a meeting place. Sasame had informed her that they would be arranging a giant shipment of supplies needed by the Fuma and citizens of Rice. Kotohime had quickly pointed out that it would likely cause Ahiko to gather his forces in one place to wipe out the Fuma and get the goods. Sasame had assured her that she already considered that, but felt with Naruto’s help they would be able to turn the tide in their favor.

Kotohime hadn’t been convinced as although some of the stories about the blond man’s battles had reached her. She felt that they had to have been embellished quite a bit primarily as a lot of them started off about how the teller had heard it from a friend of a friend’s second cousin twice removed. Not exactly the type of stories a person took at face value. She feared that Sasame was letting her past experiences with Naruto and feelings cloud her judgment. She knew that technically Naruto had bested a mutated Arashi, but to her that was a far way removed from the battle she had heard about him engaging in with the Leader of Akatsuki Pein. To her that was a battle that came straight out of an old shinobi fairy tale. Especially as it had featured him riding on a summoned Kyuubi, the idea of which seemed almost laughable to her.

She had argued against the plan and although Kin had remained silent, but Kotohime could tell she wanted to side with Sasame. Something which told her older sister that she likely harbored the same feelings for Naruto that Kotohime believed her leader did. In the end, she had relented which had prompted Naruto to stand and say he would handle the arrangements from his end while Sasame prepared her clan for the fight to come. A fight that the Fuma were mustering every last one of their resources too and one of those resources was her just returned sister, who had agreed to help.

Kotohime was pulled to the present as she noticed Kin say something to Sasame which caused the orange-haired kunoichi to smile widely. She wondered why they got along so well especially since she figured that if their sharing a crush on the same person was evident to her then it must be to each other. However, as one they both looked to the same spot as Naruto appeared from around the bend of a large hill while at the head of the caravan of wagons. Kotohime felt her hopes sink as instead of the army of guards she had expected as more wagons appeared, the caravan was instead guarded by six people. Although the number didn’t include the people guiding the wagons, she knew that in a fight they were of little help.

A fact highlighted as a bunch of men and women appeared from hiding spaces built into the hills surrounding the road. More men appeared from behind them as they surged from their places of ambush. Kotohime spotted Ahiko due to the eyepatch that he sported as a result of an arrow courtesy of Sasame and the purple hair that he had. Yet when not in his curse mark form he didn’t appear to be anything spectacular much like his men, but once he transformed his power became something none in the Fuma could currently match. Coupled with the fact that she knew there were several others among his bandits that had curse marks as well she doubted they would prevail.

Kotohime looked towards Sasame and wondered if she was feeling the same dread that was settling in her, but a quick glance was all that the dark-haired woman needed to know that neither woman harboring feelings for Naruto felt the numbers arrayed against them were anything to be concerned with. She wished she shared their confidence as she waited for Sasame to give the order to attack.

****************************

Naruto felt his hackles rise as Ahiko said from atop the hill to his right, “If you value your lives leave the goods and the bitches, and we might not just kill you all.”

He smiled though as behind him Rangiku said loud enough for those guarding the caravan to hear, “That is rather rude. If you’ll all excuse me now I’m going to wash his mouth out with some ash.”

Tier held up her hand barring her sister’s path as she said, “If I’m not mistaken the plan calls for him to be taken alive. I’m certain such a thing would prove to be fatal.”

Rangiku frowned pulling her sword and holding her hand behind it had it turn into the ash that it truly was comprised of when sheathed and she cut the chakra connection binding it together as a blade. She enjoyed the looks of concern some of the closet bandits wore as a cloud of ash billowed around her. Focusing on Ahiko, she said pleasantly, “You’re lucky we want to capture you alive or else I’d do this to you.” Rangiku swung the sword handle she still held and the ash followed its trajectory although it didn’t move in a straight line instead adjusting as needed to hit the men standing in staggered positions before her.

She also enjoyed Ahiko’s look of shock as her ash cut a hole through each man as it moved to the next before returning to her. “Kill them,” he shouted as all eight men Rangiku hit collapsed dead. He then ducked down behind the hill as his men charged the defenders.

Soifon, who had returned to Konoha along with Naruto, Ino, and Yoruichi and who had refused to stay behind upon learning that the blond man had managed to convince Karin to loan three of the women that protected the gold level shipments for the Great Tree Shipping Company to the rival company the Fuma hired to transport their goods said annoyed, “You are supposed to tell him that you dimwit.”

She then charged the nearest opponent and ducked under a sword swing before sweeping him off his feet. She quickly pulled a shuriken and tossed it into the man’s throat as he tried to sit back up. She then moved onto the next one as Rangiku said annoyed, “Yoruichi, I can see why you find that girl so annoying.”

Yoruichi flipped over a wagon landing on the shoulders of a man charging Rangiku so that her knees were on either side of his head. Twisting her waist she snapped his neck before pouncing onto another whose throat she crushed with the palm of her hand as he hit the ground. Rolling to her feet before the busty blonde she said amused, “Oh, I don’t know. She’s starting to grow on me.”

“Hmph,” Rangiku said causing a shield of ash to appear between her sister and her as a pair of men with crossbows appeared from a hole built into the hill. The men fired immediately but their bolts hit the ash shield bouncing off harmless. When it dropped Yoruichi returned fire with a cat like projectile made of black flame that raced up the hill to their position. The men tried to close the hatch and succeeded. But the powerful jutsu slammed into it and exploded through the wooden barrier incinerating the two.

The fire of the jutsu blew out two more such hidey-holes as the explosion traveled through the network of tunnels. A charred corpse flew out of one of them to land near the two Bijuu turned humans. Rangiku flipped it over with her foot stating, “A little powerful don’t you think. What if our target happened to have taken refuge inside it, hmmm. Then who would be the idiot?”

Yoruichi having not considered such looked panicked, but Soifon back flipping from an enemy landed by them and having heard the conversation quickly stated, “It would still be you because he wouldn’t have hidden himself down there if you hadn’t of opened your fat mouth about our goals.”

“Y…you….you…” Rangiku said turning red as Soifon dashed away to attack a bandit that suddenly took on the appearance of a one eyed ogre like creature who was moving to attack one of the porters as several more bandits activated their curse marks.

“Oh she’s definitely growing on me,” Yoruichi said as she watched Soifon nimbly dodged the massive tetsubo the ogre wielded which he could swing much faster now that he had changed forms. She leaped onto the end as he pulled the club back and slapped an exploding tag onto it before leaping off again. The tag went off revealing an extremely pissed off level two warrior who looked ready to fight even though the hand he had been holding the club with was little more than a mangled mess. The ogre stumbled back though as Soifon without missing a beat tossed some dirt in the man’s eye, before circling behind him and leaping to his back where she pulled a kunai to stab it into the man-creature’s eye.

The ogre despite being blind caught the kunoichi’s wrists expecting such an attack. Pulling her off of him he held her before him blinking tears from his large eye. Soifon tried to attack with her other hand but he caught that as well and caused her to scream as he tried to pull her in half by her arms. Yoruichi began moving to help as Rangiku sent her ash at him, but just as the dark-skinned woman was about to pump her lightning chakra into her to increase her speed, an Arrow whizzed between the two Bijuu to slam into the curse bandit’s pupil like a bull’s-eye.

The man’s body went slack allowing Soifon to kick free of his grip. She landed on her feet to join the other women in looking back as Sasame stood atop of a rock as her clansmen took up similar position to fire arrows of their own. The archers covered the advance of their fellow Fuma as they split up to help the defenders on each side of the caravan.

Naruto defending on the opposite side of the wagons as Yoruichi and the others used the fighting sticks Tenten had bought him to break the ribs of a normal bandit. His next attack shattered the man’s knee causing him to drop to the ground where he was knocked unconscious by the handle of his stick. A body fell behind him as Tier kicked the man loose of the blade she had buried in his chest. She shook the blood clean before spinning as she ducked under a sword meant to take her head, but she ended up cutting him off at the knees. Holding her hand out as the man toppled over a jet of water blew a hole through his chest and then took the shape of a shark after passing through him. The water shark jutsu flew into a group of bandits racing down the hill at them blowing them off their feet. The men that survived got their wits about them just as the Fuma reinforcements slammed into them.

Naruto leapt back to avoid a spear to the guts landing against Tier’s back. He smiled as she asked, “Shouldn’t you be concerned that Ahiko is going to get away?”

“Ino’s handling that,” Naruto said, “If she needs help she’ll let me know.” The whiskered blond then charged the spear man who had been joined by two others. Creating a clone, he let it charge in front of him at the center man. The other two men wielding spears split in opposite directions to flank the clone and as one all three stabbed it. The clone smirked as it exploded blowing all three away, but Naruto had focused behind the three to see a curse mark bandit with a pair of tusks coming out of his lower face charging him. Sliding one of his fighting sticks into the holster strapped to his back beneath his red cloak, he formed a Rasengan and when the bandit emerged from the dust of the explosion he slammed it into his chest. The man flew back the way he came cutting another hole through the smoke before hitting the ground.

Naruto felt a panicked call from Ino but before he could Hiraishin to her location a large explosion of smoke erupted from the opposite side of the hill that Ahiko had disappeared behind. A moment later a large giant lizard appeared from behind it. The summons was long and slender with a sleek head. A yellow tongue appeared flicking out to taste the air. Likely sensing the fear its presence had caused it charged down the hill towards the caravan’s defenders causing Naruto to move to intercept it as he could sense Ino telling him to do just that.

*****************************

When the bandits had appeared Ino had quickly made herself scarce in order to track down their leader. It had been remarkable easy to do as Rangiku had shown off. She had found the entrance to his base and frowned upon entering as despite all the shipments Ahiko’s group had raided, there was remarkably little loot lying about. She wondered if that had meant the group had other bases scattered throughout the country of Rice Paddies. Yet, while she had supposed that made sense, the reason they had chosen the path for the caravan that they had was due to Fuma being certain the Ahiko’s bandits operated mainly from the current location. Considering the network of tunnels she had seen the bandits appearing from, Ino found it difficult to believe the gang had another such base at their disposal.

Moving slowly through the hideout, she wasn’t surprised that it was nearly deserted since she figured Ahiko had called for all his men to deal with the attackers, especially after retreating into the base itself. In the deserted base she heard the sound of static which told her that the bandit leader might be trying to call reinforcements from another location. Moving towards the sound she heard Ahiko call, “This is Lizard. I need to get a priority message to Raven’s Nest.”

A voice called back, “Hold on Lizard.”

“I can’t goddammit,” Ahiko said angrily, “We are under heavy…”

“Shut up Lizard,” a sharp voice that Ino felt was familiar replied.

“Who is this?”

“That’s none of your concern,” the voice said, “What is so important that you feel the need to try and contact us directly? Depending on your answer I may just have to come visit you and show why the call me the Tiger. You might think you are some hot shit because your curse mark was improved, but you’re still just a failed experiment. Now speak up or I’m hanging up.”

“We’re under attack,” Ahiko said holding back his anger, “Somehow the Fuma have managed to get a few of the bitches from the Great Tree Shipping Company to work for a rival company.”

The voice sounded interested as the man on the other line said, “Really, what makes you so sure that they didn’t just hire them directly.”

“The fucking Daimyo told us the route and from what company it was leaving from,” the Lizard said agitatedly. “I only realized who they were as one of my men started fleeing as soon as he saw them. He took part in that little tournament they had. There was also a pair of Leaf Ninja with them.”

“Now that is interesting.”

“Interesting,” Ahiko shouted as the base shook from an explosion, “We’re getting slaughtered.”

“Yes, but back to the Leaf, was one of them wearing orange?”

“Yeah, underneath a red cloak,” Ahiko answered. “Now, what about my reinforcements?”

“Yeah, well I’m sorry to say there won’t be any,” the voice said as Ino began to creep up on Ahiko.

“What?!”

“Look at it objectively Ahiko,” the voice said amused. “By the time any help arrives you will be dead. It would be foolish of us to send more resources to bail out a failed experiment. We did bail you out once when the Fuma changed tactics on you and you couldn’t adapt.”

“I still… I can still provide more supplies for you,” Ahiko said pleadingly as he grew increasingly desperate.

“Thanks but your services are no longer required,” the man said sounding bored. “I believe we’ve already recruited your best men, and we will shortly be shutting down the Nest for more permanent arrangements.”

“But…”

“Oh have a little self-respect will you!” The voice said annoyed before adding, “We both know the man we have pledged to serve has made a habit of discarding those who are no longer of any use to his goals. You, Ahiko, are of no use so rely on your own wits to survive.”

“You bastard, I swear… ulp”

“Enough of the machismo please,” Ino said coming up behind Ahiko and bringing a kunai against his throat. Addressing the man on the radio she said, “But, I’d love to hear more about who you both are working for.”

“My, now that is a familiar sounding voice,” the man said, “Hmm, well if you’re accompanying Naruto… no it’s not Sakura… now who can it be… honestly I had to listen to so many of you shrieking harlots as I listened to them fawn over this boy or that it’s hard to keep track.”

“M…mizuki,” Ino said shocked. Her surprise caused her grasp on the man to slacken so that he could slam his elbow into her stomach.

She stumbled back as Ahiko turned to flee as the voice said, “Ah, now I remember, Ino Yamanaka.” Ahiko stopped as Mizuki said, “Ahiko, kill her and if you get out there then I will personally escort you to our new home.”

Ahiko stopped at the door of the communication room to say, “Why should I believe you?”

“Because while I doubt it would be as painful as killing Sakura would be, I’m sure losing a comrade on his watch would deeply wound Naruto, and I so love to wound him,” Mizuki said before the radio clicked off.

“Sorry bitch, looks like you’re my ticket out of here.”

“Well somebody is going to get their ticket punched, that’s for sure,” Ino replied as she threw her kunai.

Ahiko didn’t bother to dodge it as his curse mark activated giving him a lizard like appearance. He turned his head so that one of the protrusions coming from the side of his face acted as a shield causing the kunai to fall to the ground. Ahiko looked down at the weapon and bending to pick it up he asked, “Is that the best you’ve…”

Ahiko’s taunt fell flat as Ino used the moment he took his eyes off her to charge the man. She leapt the final few feet so that as he looked up from grabbing the kunai her foot slammed right into his face. He was launched out the room to smash into the wall as Ino dashed out and back the way she came. She heard the man yell in anger which was followed by a hacking sound. She heard him spit, but didn’t look back as she instead leapt forward. Something flew overhead as she hit the ground only to quickly roll back to her feet not wanting to slow down in the narrow hall. She caught site of a green phlegm like substance which began bubbling where it landed telling her that it was likely highly acidic.

She reached the entrance area which was a wide enough area that she felt comfortable engaging the man and so turned back to face Ahiko. Upon seeing her take a stand he said, “You should have kept running.”

Ino smirked as she replied, “Why, because you have a curse mark? I’ve read your file; you’re just some discarded experiment that Orochimaru grew bored with. Now why don’t you be a good boy and tell me all about who you and Mizuki are working for.”

Her taunt worked as her opponent shouted before launching himself at her. Ino spun out of his path and then stepped back as upon landing he swiped at her with his sharpened claws. She then spun to leg sweep him off his feet, but the man easily leapt over it. Ino though ended her spin in a crouch and with her back facing him. She then performed a mule kick with both feet catching the man in the stomach. He flew back landing on a crate which collapsed under his weigh revealing medical supplies.

Ahiko leapt back to his feet as he hacked again to fire another glob of acid. Ino charged at him and as soon as he fired dropped to slide along her knees as it sailed over her. Ahiki seemed ready for the move so leapt towards her to land atop the kunoichi, but Ino simply rolled out of the way. Then grabbing him by his long purple hair once he landed, pulled his head back as she got back to her feet. With his head still pulled back she chopped him across the throat causing him to begin gasping before grabbing him by the back of the head and throwing it forward into the knee she raised to meet his face.

Ahiko’s nose crunched from the blow as he stumbled back and lost his footing on one of the vials of medicine his breaking the crate had caused to scatter. Ino smiled as Ahiko stared up at her while she asked, “Now do you want to come quietly and answer my questions, or do I have to get really rough on you?”

Ahiko ran his hand across his face and smearing the blood from his broken nose said, “I’m the one that’s going to get rough bitch.” Quickly flashing through some handsigns he touched the hand to the ground as he performed the summoning jutsu.

Ino had immediately begun retreating as she called for Naruto via her mark as she thought, “Shit, I forgot he could summon.”

She felt something massive charging at her through the smoke as she leapt through the entrance just as a snout snapped shut, but couldn’t follow due to the opening being two small. It retreated back inside as more smoke began billowing out before whatever had been summoned slammed into the entrance again causing the earth around it to give way. Retreating to a safe distance, she watched as a giant lizard began to emerge from the ruined entrance before climbing over the hill to engage Naruto and the others on the opposite side.

Ino kept watched and smirked as a moment later Ahiko darted from the entrance abandoning his summons and likely trying to kill her in favor of just living to fight another day. Ino used her mark to alert her Family that she was going in pursuit and felt both Sasame and Kin begin to move to support her.

*****************************

Naruto had a hard time not shaking his head in amusement as Rangiku said, “Finally, at least this might offer a minor challenge.”

“Don’t get cocky,” Tier warned, “I’ve face summons before that could prove difficult if given a chance.”

“That’s why I want you three to back me up if I get into trouble,” Naruto said.

“Ah, but I want to fight it,” Rangiku whined.

“I’ll treat you to something nice later,” Naruto said causing his lover’s eyes to light up.

“Fine, but it better be really nice.” Rangiku stated crossing her arms beneath her bust. Winking she added, “Then maybe you can help me out of it.”

Naruto nodded as the summons stopped its charge to study him and his lovers warily likely sensing the danger posed by the three Bijuu. He took the opportunity to enter his seal. Appearing before the closed gate he opened it and stepped inside. There he found Kiyomi’s original form but upon his taking possession of her chakra it now looked almost like foxlike furnace that glowed red from the chakra contained inside. All the piping that had used to run to the seal now connected directly to it. Sitting before the furnace was a chair that had smaller pipes connected to it.

Naruto created a clone which he had sit in the chair, before straps shot out it which latched around his copy. Nodding to the clone, he watched it make a one handed sign and a moment later its eyes turned red and the pupils became foxlike slits. Upon the cloning entering the Beast Mimicry state that he had learned from Kiba the furnace made a sound as if it was switching on. Naruto watched the pipes leading from the chair begin to turn red as did those leading from the furnace into his chakra network.

Leaving the seal, he found himself covered in his yellow chakra cloak and leapt into the air as a giant chakra construct of the Kyuubi appeared around him. Finding himself in the head of the chakra form he said, “You ready.”

The clone controlling the fox portion in his seal said in a growl, “Yeah let’s go wild.”

The fox charged at the Lizard summons which spun bringing its tail around to slam into Naruto. The clone directed the fox to leap over the attack and used several of its tails to grab the reptile as it passed overhed. Landing on the other side of it, the clone directed the chakra construct to spin tossing the beast into the side of another hill. The lizard scrambled to its feet before opening its mouth and from glands in the side of its cheeks a stream of liquid began to spray out, which upon making contact with the air burst into flames.

The feral clone directed the chakra fox to leap as the fire hit where it had been standing setting the area aflame. The lizard tracked it movements as it ran with its head as the fox stayed just ahead of the stream of fire. When the jutsu ended, the fox turned to head straight for the summons. It open its mouth again, but the fox’s claw clamped it shut as the feral clone directing it shouted, “Oh no you don’t!”

The fox’s other hand grabbed the beast by its throat as it then stood on its two hind legs lifting the lizard over its head before smashing it into the ground. It then leapt straight into the air before tucking into a ball as it landed directly on the lizard smashing the summons further into the earth before rolling off.

The lizard’s tail though reached up from the hole wrapping around the chakra fox’s neck. The yellow fox didn’t need to breath but the powerful tail constricted tighter threating to nearly behead it by crushing its throat. Its claws struggled to prevent the tail from getting tighter as its own tails began to wrap around the hind quarter of the reptile. The fox then rolled them both onto their backs before looking at its opponent. Opening its jaw, the fox revealed Naruto, who held his hands before him as a black beast ball formed before him. It didn’t get much bigger than a typical Big Ball Rasengan before Naruto fired it and missing the lizard’s skull by a few feet. The ball hit a nearby hill before obliterating a good portion of it.

“The next one goes into you,” Naruto warned seeing the summons understood it was vastly outgunned. A moment later it burst into smoke as it returned to its home. Naruto ended his jutsu Bijuu Mode and dispelled the clone consciousness he had created to control the fox half of it. Sensing Ino still running from the area he considered lending her his help in catching Ahiko, but decided to head back towards the caravan as he could feel his other lovers moving to head her off.

Returning back over the hill that the lizard and he had disappeared behind, he saw the remaining bandits had surrendered as the Fuma celebrated their victory. Looking back the way he had come from, he knew he wouldn’t feel like joining in until his lovers returned safely. However, he had every confidence that Ahiko didn’t stand a chance.

*****************************

Ahiko was running on fumes primarily due to his having used his curse seal. Although he couldn’t spot the kunoichi chasing after him, he could definitely feel her presence. However, it was the ones he didn’t sense that he should have been concerned about as an arrow suddenly impacted his knee. “Ah fuck,” he shouted as he slammed face first into the ground and skidded several feet.

He looked up to see Sasame standing before him with a sneer as she said, “Hanzaki sends his regards.”

“You fucking bitch,” Ahiko said forcing himself to kneel as his curse mark began to spread over his body hoping to muster enough chakra to escape.

However, a kunai attached to a chain wrapped around his neck before being pulled back choking him as a voice said from behind, “The Leaf might want you alive, but I don’t think they would be too bothered if we were to hurt you if you continue to resist.”

Ahiko looked over his shoulder to see Kotohime holding the chain currently cutting off his ability to breathe. He gasped as two senbon slammed into his shoulders from the front causing him to look away to see a kunoichi that looked like a younger version of the Fuma second in command. The bells tied to the senbon jingled and suddenly all fight left Ahiko’s body as a result of the genjutsu Kin cast.

Ino landed in front of the captured man saying, “Nice work ladies.”

Sasame smiled as she said, “You’re welcome.”

“I still don’t understand how you two knew to get in front of him,” Kotohime said wondering how her sister and Clan leader had been so sure of the path Ahiko had taken.

Sasame shrugged stating, “It just seemed to be the most logical direction he would head. He couldn’t escape north, and going south was also out of the question. That left east and west, so I guessed west since he would want to get to the unaligned territory between us and Taki. This was the most direct path west from his hideout.” Although technically true Sasame placed her hand on the fox mark located on the right side of her lower back just above her butt that had actually told her which direction he fled in due to Ino’s tracking him.

Kotohime accepted the logic although she still felt that had been more certain than a guess would have warranted, especially as although Ahiko had taken a pretty straight path they had needed to circle around to get ahead of him. Noticing Ino moving towards the man, the dark haired Fuma kunoichi asked, “What are you doing?”

Placing her hand on Ahiko’s skull to dive into his mind Ino answered, “He has some answers that I want. It turns out he’s working for another group and one of them used to be my Academy teacher.”

Ino closed her eyes and found herself floating in a representation of Ahiko’s mind. Placing her hands on the large brain at the center of the darkened space scrolls began to appear from it. She began to scan his mind for any images of Mizuki, but then from across her a large eye opened. Her eyes went wide as the dark pupil turned into the Shraingan and then all hell began to break loose. Arcs of electricity began passing over the brain causing the grey matter to darken as the cells fried. “No,” she shouted as she scanned faster trying to salvage something, but then the connection broke as she found herself in the real world once more.

She felt Kin’s arms around her as the kunoichi had pulled her away to break the connection. The former sound-nin asked worriedly, “Are you okay?”

Ino’s eyes focused on Ahiko, who although still kneeling despite having convulsed heavily as his mind had literally fried itself, it was quite apparent from his unblinking stare he was no longer a part of the living world. A moment later Naruto appeared panicked as he asked, “Is everyone alright?”

“How did you do that?” Kotohime asked causing Naruto to curse having not been aware that Kotohime had been with the group, “and how did you know something happened?”

Naruto had an answer for the second question as he replied, “Something happened to several of the surviving bandits. They all started shaking before keeling over. I wasn’t sure what had happened so I Hiraishined here to be on the safe side.”

Before Kotohime could inquire as to how he had teleported to their location since she had believed he needed a seal, Ino said, “Shit, was it just the ones who had curse marks?”

“I didn’t check, but that makes sense. Why?”

“Because they likely might have had information on whom Ahiko was working for,” Ino said angry at herself. “He had his Curse Seal upgraded or stabilized which must mean he was brought somewhere that they didn’t want us to know about or had information on who was involved. They probably also probably applied failsafes to make sure that information didn’t fall into our hands. I shouldn’t have been in such a rush…“

“You couldn’t have known,” Naruto said comforting his lover by placing his hands on her arms and rubbing them, which caused Kotohime to look to her sister and Sasame. She didn’t understand why they didn’t seem all that concerned by the tender gesture.

“Still,” Ino argued not exactly wanting to be let off the hook for her perceived screw-up, “If I had waited…”

“They might have activated another way to silence them,” Kin said sounding just as comforting as Naruto. “Don’t forget Orochimaru had built such a precaution into the curse mark itself.”

Ino nodded remembering that Tayuya’s had nearly killed her when Orochimaru had activated such a measure. As a result she had spent several years in a coma until Naruto had awakened her. Feeling a little better thanks to her Family, she focused on Naruto as she informed him, “Mizuki is involved in this somehow.” She watched her lover tense and knew it would be worse as she added, “Also, what killed Ahiko wasn’t his curse mark, but some sort of genjutsu that was placed on him with the Sharingan. It was set to go off should someone go poking around inside his head. I’m willing to bet his death triggered the failsafe in the others.”

Naruto nodded anxiously aware that a Sharingan currently meant one of two possible suspects as far as they knew. Giving his lover a reassuring smile he said, “See, this trip wasn’t a total loss. Let’s head back to the capital. There’s plenty for us to celebrate and since the threat to the Fuma is over, I for one can only consider this mission a win.”

*****************************

Momo Hinamori sat in the bed of the cheap rundown hotel that she was staying in. She heard a woman begin moaning as one of the prostitutes that frequented the sleazy bar on the first floor managed to find another client. From another room she heard screaming as another had trouble collecting her fee from one. The yelling grew louder until it suddenly cutoff followed by the sound of something heavy hitting the floor. A door was thrown opened followed by hurried footsteps which when they returned were followed by two more. She heard a man begin complaining followed by what she assumed was the prostitute who decided to collect the cheap man’s life instead rummaging through her dead clients pockets. A moment later the room was vacated as the two men carried out the corpse while the sound of a cart that was being pushed told her someone was coming to clean the room.

All in all, it was another typical night for one of the undocumented settlements that existed in the unclaimed territory that stood between the Land of Rice Paddies and Land of Waterfalls. The country that it had been was once known as the Land of the Woods, which had been home to a group of Anbu called the Prajna. However, at some point the minor village they had belonged to was destroyed and the government collapsed. There were rumors that stated the Leaf Village had been behind it, but they had never been substantiated.

Once the government had collapsed both Waterfall and Rice had tried to claim the land as theirs, but although the Fuma had lost the war, eventually leading to Orochimaru setting up shop in their country, Taki had not been able to claim it either. The primary reason being that Grass using their diplomatic corps had successful petition Fire Country to step in so that their neighbors in Waterfall wouldn’t grow stronger. The Fire Daimyo had then had made it clear that no country would claim the territory less Konoha would get involved in the conflict.

Although it was never official stated some said the Third Hokage had only gone alone with the Daimyo’s decree due to his duty. Momo suspected it was because the Third Hokage knew what would happen should no government be established which was that the land would become a haven of criminals and the like. It didn’t take long for it to happen either as normal citizens quickly abandoned their villages as the land became more and more unlawful. While most of the villages had become ghost towns, the one she found herself in and a few others continued to thrive. Naturally, they weren’t the type of places were decent people lived though. For example, the man whose murder she had just heard would likely have his corpse sold so that his organs could be harvested for the thriving black market that dealt in such things.

Momo hated the place, but she had come due to several rumors that she had heard in regards to new organization that was secretly recruiting. She didn’t have any desire to join, but a name kept popping up as various missing-nin discussed the possibility of serving under the banner of the man behind the rumors, Sasuke Uchiha. They were all just rumors as even the few missing-nin that she had heard them from were inquiring about how they could join up with him, but most of the instructions had not panned out. Still, Momo had believed that even the seemingly dead-ends had actually been a part of the process as they often led to more rumors that led to more seemingly false trails. She suspected that whoever was recruiting the missing-nin had people observing those that arrived to make sure that they weren’t reporting to anyone, and sincerely wished to join.

Eventually the trail had led to the town she was currently in which was called simply Hell’s Gate. She suspected it was because many of those that weren’t careful found themselves being sent to the next world and considering the type of scum that it catered to, a level of hell was likely where most of them ended up. Almost immediately upon arriving she had been met by someone who had taken her to what had recently been an abandoned amphitheater that had been built before Wood Country’s collapse. There she and a few others had not been introduced to Sasuke Uchiha, but a man that called himself Mizuki. He had welcomed them to the base that he had called the Raven’s Nest.

He had been evasive when asked if he worked for Sasuke while also promising those present wishing to join that all their questions would be answered provided they passed a final test. What that test was, she didn’t know as she hadn’t left with the men and women eager to do so. This had caused Mizuki to approach her and inquire about her intentions.

Momo had stated that she didn’t wish to join any group, but instead required their assistance. She moreover explained her interest in them was merely due to the suspected person pulling the strings was Sasuke. Mizuki had told her to get lost, and she was certain that later that night some people would be visiting her to make her just another corpse. However, she had played it cool by explaining that Sasuke and her interests were currently aligned in that she wished to see Naruto harmed as well. She had then provided Mizuki with the information that Naruto and the owner of the Great Tree Shipping Company were rather closely connected. Mizuki hadn’t been impressed, but she suspected that someone at least was interested as she never received the visitors intent on ending her life that she had been expecting.

A few days later she had been summoned back to the Raven’s Nest where Mizuki had asked her what she wanted from them. She explained that she wanted men and resources so that she could lure Naruto into a trap and kill him. Mizuki had seemed please, but told her they would need time to consider her request. It had been several weeks since then and she had just about given up hope.

She considered returning and informing Mizuki of the Binding and that Naruto was connected to the woman calling herself Kiyomi through it. However, Kanji had always been most insistent that such information must never be shared and although he was dead, she feared disappointing him when they met in heaven, as that was the only place she could see a soul as pure as his ending up. In fact, she believed that Kiyomi was in fact some sort of demon that Naruto had managed to bind to him. So complete was her devotion that even as she had witnessed some of the horrible things he had done to her and others over the years, she had always been able to rationalize it as being something that she and the others had deserved.

As such she was going to have her revenge, and ensure that the demon knew the exact same pain as her by killing the man that she was connected to right in front of her. She smiled as she could almost imagine Kanji petting her head as he so often had when letting her know that she had pleased him. She heard footsteps approaching and frowned as they made a straight line for her room. They stopped in front of her door, and she tensed expecting them to burst in, but having placed a barrier just inside the doorway that would kill any who entered she was confident she could escape. Looking at the exploding tag affixed to the wall that would let her leap outside from her second floor room and escape to the forest, she prepared to detonate it in order to blow out the wall. She paused though as a knocking sounded causing her to ask, “Yes, how can I help you?”

“We’ve been sent by Mizuki to collect you,” a man said.

Momo knew that it didn’t mean she wasn’t out of danger necessarily, yet she also knew that she had to take some risks if she was to get her revenge. Momo deactivated the barrier and unlocked the door before stepping out to see two men dressed in a type of shinobi uniform. They didn’t have headbands, but from the black shirt and pants along with grey tactical vests it appeared the rumors that a new group was being created were true. Stepping out into the hall the men directed her to follow them before guiding her back to the Raven’s Nest.

Several hours later a Raven in the rafters cawed as she waited patiently for Mizuki to appear. She noticed a young man of about sixteen sitting in some seats as well, but suspected that much like her that he had made a request to which he was going to get an answer. Another hour later Mizuki appeared at the top of the amphitheater before walking down the steps to the stage. Leaping atop it he said towards her, “Sorry about the wait, I needed to step out for a quick bite. The reason you’ve been summoned is simple, the higher ups have heard your requests and have decided to support you.”

Zeroing his gaze on her, he said, “It appears your tip about Naruto working with the Great Tree Shipping Company was correct. He managed to convince the President or owner to send four of what would be their heavy hitters to support a rival company. They just put an end to one of our little supply gathering operations. Therefore, we are going to provide you with a base we have in Wave. You are to head there and make your preparations and when the time is right you will be given the go ahead. You are not to act until you receive our permission. Is that clear?”

“Yes,” Momo said eagerly.

“Good, then return to your hotel and some of my men will escort you to the base in the morning. You may leave.”

Momo stood and as she did so applied a paper seal to the underside of her chairs armrest. Bowing politely, she left, but as she walked back to her hotel room she adjusted her hair, the movement being for the sake of the people she was sure were watching her as she pressed on the seal she had hidden behind her ear to activate it. The seal attached to the chair also activated which picking up the noise vibrations around it then transmitted those vibrations to the one behind her ear which passed through it converted them back into sounds.

Mizuki apparently had decided to wait to make sure she had left before saying, “Udon, where are you with your preparations?”

“Everything is prepared, I merely am awaiting the go ahead.” The youth that had been waiting with her reported. “I am going to need some idea of when we are to go as the contractors I’ve hired need a standby window.”

“You can tell them to proceed as normal for now,” the former Leaf instructor stated. “We need for all the players to be in position before the operation is a go. Timing is going to be the most critical. But if you pull this off then Root will be reborn as our personal Anbu division with you at its head.”

“I’ll handle my part perfectly,” Udon replied confidently. “I do have a question though.”

“Go ahead.”

“I take it that woman’s plot is also being tied into this operation. If her goal is to kill Naruto, then what is the point of the bonus objectives?”

Mizuki chuckled while answering, “Let’s just say the man you will be serving tends to be rather mercurial towards the demon brat. One minute he wants him dead by any means necessary, the next his death can only come from his hands. In any case, she claims that she can lure him in and then isolate him. That will be a huge advantage especially for your mission. If he dies then he dies, but the one calling the shots probably thinks that she doesn’t stand a chance in hell. For now though just worry about being ready when the time comes.”

“Understood.”

Momo listened as it sounded like Mizuki headed to the underground area where the actors used to live, while Udon headed back out. She frowned at being underestimated, but let a feral grin appear on her lips as she imagined that soon enough she would be pouring Narutp’s ashes over her master’s grave leaving a broken Kiyomi with the knowledge that she had been unable to save him. The thought caused her to break out into a manic laugh that caused many of the killers that called the town home to give the otherwise sweet looking woman a wide berth.

Next Chapter: Expanding Territories: Yugakure
Sign up to rate and review this story