Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom Hearts: Hope

The Watcher, The Maze, & The Statue

by pengivenink 0 reviews

Not sure what to put here...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Leon,Mickey Mouse,Namine,Riku,Roxas,Sora - Published: 2015-02-23 - 4351 words

0Unrated
Okay. I'm going to type up a proper Disclaimer now that I've decided to go ahead and turn it into something. Hahaha. I DO NOT own any of the characters except Inari and any else that I'll add. I haven't decided yet. I'll add them if/when I do. I DO NOT own anything but the story idea, not the story itself. After I posted this story the first time I decided I felt I could write more to add to it. And so I have. I'm actually incredibly excited. This was completely random. I hadn't planned it. I wrote it up, and posted it as soon as I did. I felt good about it. So I'm going to continue as long as I think of ideas. Thanks for taking the time to read it!


Kingdom Hearts: Hope

Chapter Three: The Watcher, The Maze, & The Statue.

As I threw up my arm a keyblade appeared in my hand. I didn't know how or why, but I wasn't going to stand there helpless. I swung it at the creature and it disappeared with a pop after being hit. When I took a defensive stance I threw my other arm out and a keyblade appeared there as well. It was a good thing. Because I heard more shuffling. And it sounded like it was all around me. I was surrounded. There was no way I was going to be able to hold off so many. Suddenly I heard a voice whisper “The light, go into the light! Now! Before it's too late!” Without a second thought of who the voice was I turned and flung myself into the light.

My head hurt, like someone had smashed it into a wall, or the floor for that matter. When I tried to move my head I moaned a little at the pain. Crap. Slowly opening my eyes one at a time I blinked them a few times to clear my vision and adjust to the light. What the hell happened to make my head hurt? I cringed as I slowly sat up and it hit me. The stranger! I made the mistake of quickly looking around my surroundings and gasped from the pain. I sighed in relief after the pain subsided.. I was still at the castle. Someone must of heard me, thank goodness.

I slipped my legs over the side of the bed and slowly stood up. “Ugh, that's right, the bastard hit me.” I grumbled and took a hesitant step toward the door then froze when I looked over to one of the chairs in the room. Riku. He was asleep propped up in the chair closest to the door. “Oh.” I put a hand to my head and closed my eyes as a round of dizziness hit me. When I carefully blinked my eyes open Riku was staring at me.

“Oh. Riku.” I cringed at the sound of my voice breaking. “What are you doing in here?” I furrowed my brow.

He stared a me a little bit longer and finally spoke. “Do you remember what happened?”

“Yes, I remember.” I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Good. Because YOU'RE an idiot. You can't go chasing off after people you don't know. You almost got kidnapped. If I hadn't shown up when I did you'd be long gone and no one the wiser. No one would have known who took you or even where to start looking. It was reckless and if it hadn't been for Leon there's a good chance I wouldn't have been able to stop him on my own. It was incredibly reckless.” Riku finished.

Riku didn't say anything, but I knew he wasn't just angry, he was scared. I also knew he was beating himself up over this and it was all my fault not his. He in no way had any blame for this.
“Riku... I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking, I saw him out the window, he was staring right up at me through the window. When I got down there he knew who I was. I don't know how or who he is, but he knows me and when he grabbed me so many things flashed through me. I don't remember him, but I know him. I lowered my guard because I wanted answers so badly, it's not your fault, I swear it's not.” I walked over to the chair and fell to my knees in front of him. “It was my fault.” I closed my eyes and signed. “I need the truth, I need to know who I am, It clouded my judgment.” I kept the fact that the stranger said something along the lines if I could call them friends to myself. I wonder what he had meant.

I put a hand to my head and cringed closing my eyes. “My head hurts. He must have hit me harder than I realized.”

Riku sighed, stood up and took me by surprise as he lifted me off the floor into his arms. “You shouldn't have gotten up in the first time, you probably have a concussion, you're not allowed to go back to sleep until we figure out how badly it is. I'm going to take you to the Parlor, everyone's there, they know what's happened.” He took me to the doors, opened them and walked into the hall and to the right.

“Um, Riku, you don't have to carry me, I can walk.” I said squirming a little.

“Stop it, I'm not putting you down.” he gripped me tighter. “It hurts you stand, much less to walk. I saw it, now be quiet.”

I opened my mouth and closed it a little shocked. Well... okay then. I let out a little sigh and tensed a little as I remembered what I was dreaming about when I was knocked out. It was a memory, it's vague, but it's a memory. I wonder if my subconscious is slowly trying to remind me of things. I blinked as the headache throbbed as I tried to remember and then it hit me like a ton of bricks in my stomach. I was asleep in a bubble! I was awakened! That must have been when Roxas made his wish! But who did the voice belong to? And how did I end up with keyblades? Never before seen ones at that. So many questions that can't be answered right now. I made a little whimper sound and quickly snapped my eyes to Riku who looked at me.

“Are you okay? Is your head hurting you worse?” he asked, concern laced his voice.

“I'm sorry. It's not my head. I was just thinking is all. Trying to remember things make my head throb. I suppose I should stop huh?”

I saw the corner of Riku's mouth tilt up a little as he tried to suppress it.

“Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea for now. Although, everyone is going to ask you a lot of questions about last night. You should probably also mention that nightmare that you think is a dream. You don't have to, I'm just suggesting it.”

I furrowed my brow a little and sighed relaxing. “Okay. I'll consider it.”

Riku knocked on one of the double doors as they reached the end of the hall.

Namine opened the door and peeked out. “Riku! Inari! How are you feeling? Is your head hurting very much?” she opened the door wider for Riku to bring me in and I flushed a bright red color, I know I did. I felt my cheeks heat because everyone was there and Riku was carrying me. If I wasn't mistaken there was a slight tint to Riku's cheeks too. I swallowed hard and said, “Hi everyone, I'm sorry if I worried anyone. I don't mean to be so much trouble.”

Riku walked over and set me down on one of the love seats making sure I was laying down on it not sitting up. Then, he took one of the empty chairs near the love seat, he was acting a little odd. Hmm, I was dragged out of my thoughts when my gaze met the Kings. I stiffened, it was a very sad serious look. I dragged my gaze away looking at everyone else in the room.

The King cleared his throat and spoke. “Inari. What happened?”

I made sure not to look at anyone directly. I knew I had been an idiot. “I had a nightmare and it woke me up. I scared Riku half to death with it and he came barging in. After he left I went and looked out the window. Something caught my eye when it moved. When I realized it was a person I left the castle and went in search of them. I know I shouldn't have, but I felt something. I'm not sure what it was, but something pinned me to the ground. I couldn't see it. Eventually he came out of the shadow of the tree.”

I took a deep breath and continued. “He knows who I am. I don't know how, or why, but he knows. When he grabbed my wrists I had flashes of something. I'm not sure what, but I know I've met him somewhere before. I can't remember who he is or why I know him.” I forced myself to look at King Mickey. “I'm sorry, but he knows about both keyblades. I felt threatened. Extremely threatened to be honest.”

The King continued to look sad, but just nodded his head for me to continue.

I cleared my throat. “He said he was going to take me home. I don't know what he meant by that. Oh! He also told me that everyone was asleep and wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon. He said he had made sure of it. Shortly after that I remembered Riku was still awake somewhere doing his rounds. So I yelled. Twice. And then everything goes dark after that.” I put a hand to my head and cringed. “You'll have to ask Riku about everything after that. He knocked me cold.”

Silence descended the parlor as I finished talking. Everyone's eyes were on the King. He took a moment and then spoke.

“What you did was foolish, Inari. You have to be careful from now on. I understand why you did it though. You want to know who you are. I only know so much. But it's not time for you to know it yet. You must be patient. If Riku and Leon hadn't been awake you would have probably been taken off with no one the wiser. Riku and Leon might not be there next time. Don't do anything reckless.”

I nodded my head and lowered my eyes slightly shamed. “I'm sorry.”

I heard steps and suddenly the King put a hand under my chin and raised it. His eyes were still sad, but he looked at me and smile gently. “It's okay, Inari. It will all be okay. You know now I have no doubt you'll choose to do the right thing.”

An idea struck me and I looked at him excitement in my eyes. “What if... what if Namine-”

The King shook his head. “No, Inari. It isn't wise. We don't know what it would do to you. It could erase all of your memories permanently. You are... unique. For all we know it would erase you completely.”

I sighed. “Okay. Well. I suppose I should tell you one more thing...” I glanced at Riku and he nodded his head. I looked back at the King. “The nightmare. Wasn't actually a nightmare. I'm pretty sure it was a memory.”

All eyes suddenly turned to me and I squirmed. “I was in darkness above the floor in a bubble. When the bubble burst I was on the floor. My eyes were open, but there was nothing but darkness. Suddenly a bright light appeared at a far distance and I walked toward it. Shortly after I started toward it, shuffling sounded behind me. I didn't know what it was so I ran for the light. The closer to the light I got the closer the shuffling got. When I approached the light I turned and a Heartless leapt at me and I lifted my right arm to defend myself. After that I awoke. And you know the rest.”

I glanced at everyone and cleared my throat. “During the time I was knocked out I finished the memory.”

Riku sat up straight and gave me a look that said I should have told him immediately.

I forced myself to ignore the look and continued. “It continued where the other one left off. A keyblade appeared in my right hand after I raised my arm. I swung it at the Heartless and it disappeared. Although... as soon as I did more shuffling sounded. A lot more. When I flung out my left arm to get into a stance, another keyblade appeared. That's when I heard it. A voice telling me to go into the light, right then. So I did and then I woke up.” I bit my lip and glanced at Riku again.

Riku was looking at the King and the King returned his look. Something was going on. And they both knew what it was. They just weren't telling me. Maybe... maybe the stranger was right. Maybe they aren't my friends. I was incredibly wary now. A sharp pain exploded through my head. I shut my eyes tightly and clamped my hands over my ears and cried out sharply.

Images flashed through my memory I didn't understand any of them. What was happening to me?

I could hear the chaos of voices around me, but soon they faded and I couldn't hear anything. I felt someone touching me. I couldn't respond.

I saw an image of a man. His face was hidden, but I knew him, I felt it. He was very close to me, someone special. Just as I almost had the image it disappeared. Just as suddenly as it began the pain stopped and sound returned.

So many scared and startled voices and feelings. The most scared was Riku. I could feel it.

I breathed deeply lowered my hands and slowly blinked open my eyes.

“What the hell just happened?” Riku didn't shout, but was close enough to it.

Kairi was wringing out a cold rag and placed it on my forehead. “It's okay. You're okay. How's your head?”

I swallowed hard at the gentleness. “It's okay.” I sat up slowly the wash cloth slipping to the floor as I furrowed my brow. “My head doesn't hurt anymore.” I looked over a Riku and gave him a small smile. “I'm okay.” I kept the smile and looked at everyone else. “”Really. I'm okay now.”

Sora and Roxas were in the corner of the room talking quietly while Namine was staring at me with a deep concern. Leon on the other hand was propped up against the mantle of the fireplace with a flat look on his face. His eyes cold, making it clear he didn't trust me, and he didn't like me.

I looked at the King. “I saw something. I think... I think when I get these sharp pains in my head that take my breath away, they're my memories trying to return. I saw someone. I don't know who it was, but I knew him, and he was someone close to me, I could feel it. Just before I grasped the image it disappeared and the pain stopped just a suddenly as it had begun. I wish I knew what was going on.”

He nodded. “Perhaps who you saw, was the stranger in black that was here?”

I froze and bit my lip thinking about it, then I nodded. “I think you're right.” I avoided looking at Riku.

“I think it was him.” I said softly and slowly stood up. “I'm sorry, but I... I need some air.” without waiting for anyone to respond I quickly made my way to the doors and slipped out of the room. I sighed and took off running for somewhere to think. I didn't want to be found. I couldn't face Riku right now. Not after... remembering that man. I knew him. And it's quite possible I was romantically involved with him at some point. I stopped in front of the door to what looked like the back garden. I slipped out shutting the door behind me.

Wow. This place is beautiful. I looked around at all the wonderful flowers and trees. How peaceful. I walked further in and notice that there was what appeared to be a maze and my eyes lit up with curiosity. I'm probably going to regret this, but it seems like the best place to hide and think right now. Less likely that someone will find me. I took a breath, smiled, and headed into the maze.

**

Riku couldn't understand why he was feeling the way he was. As soon as Inari left the room he looked at the King. “Do you want me to go after her?”

The King nodded. “Yes. It's dangerous for her to be alone, anywhere, at this point.” he glanced around the room. “You better hurry before she gets somewhere you can't find her. You know how important it is Riku.”

Tensing Riku nodded and headed off to find Inari.

**

Namine made her way quietly over to Roxas and Sora and softly whispered. “Something's going on here that we are being left out of. And I really don't like it. I'm worried about Inari. The King is hiding something from us, and I'm pretty sure that Riku knows things he's not saying.”

Roxas nodded his head. “Yeah. I've noticed that too. Did you see how when Inari mentioned you helping her with her memories he quickly vetoed that idea? There has to be something he really doesn't want her to remember yet. I don't know if his intentions are good, or bad, but at this rate, it's going down hill fast.”

Namine nodded. “I'll talk to Kairi about it later. See what we can come up with.”

Sora just listened to them speaking then said quietly. “I'm not too sure if I like it either. Normally I'd be on the King's side of the situation. But there's something shady here. It's put all of us in danger. And I don't like how Leon is being either. I've never seen him be so cold and harsh to someone. He's got to know something too.”

Roxas and Namine both nodded in agreement.

The King was oblivious to everything and everyone in the room except his own thoughts. He suddenly spoke up and looked at Leon. “Meet me in the Library later, Leon. I want to discuss some things with you.”

Leon looked at him and stepped away from the mantle. “Right.” with that Leon left the room and went in search of Riku to watch him and Inari. It was an unspoken command in the King's eyes. He was now Riku and Inari's baby sitter it appeared; he didn't like it one damn bit.

**

Riku closed the last door in the hall behind him. Where the hell has she gotten to? I can't believe she ran off that quickly. He let out a sigh and starred out the window. She has to be somewhere. Hmm. Maybe she's in the back garden. He took off for there at a brisk pace. When the hair on the back of his arms stood up and he stopped. Someone's watching me. As not to give away that he knew, moved over to one of the windows glancing out side. Although he wasn't concentrating much on what he was looking at. He was looking out his side vision and what he saw really pissed him off. Leon. He was following him.

Riku pushed away from the window and took off toward the door for the back garden. He would leave things be for now. This way he could keep an eye on Leon without him ever knowing that he knew. If Leon was watching him... that meant the King was taking an extra measure. Which also meant there were things that Leon was privy to that Riku wasn't. And that made him very uneasy. What the hell is the King thinking? Riku stopped as he approached the door to the back garden shook his head sighing. “I hope to hell you're out here, Inari.” He jerked the door open and stepped out. First thing he did was scan the place. Then he saw it. Shit. The maze. I forgot about that damn thing. He walked off toward it when something caught his attention. He bent down and looked at the crushed weed. It looked fresh. She has to be here. He quickly stood up and took off into the maze and thought Inari, you are a damn handful...

**

I was taking my time. I loved this maze. It was so beautiful. Flowers were peeking through the bushes. It was so peaceful here. Although... it was odd. It felt familiar. Like I'd been there once before. My feet knew the way. As I approached the center of the maze I stopped. I turned my head and looked behind me. Was someone following me? No. They couldn't. I didn't even tell anyone where I was going. I shook my head and entered the center of the maze and gasped.

I knew who the woman was that the statue depicted. I just... couldn't remember. I walked up to the statue and stared at it. It was a woman with long hair, and she had two keyblades crossed in front of her. I reach out and touched the statue. Crippling pain shot through my head as I cried out and collapsed to my knees. Oh God. The pain. I started to faint. I knew it. All sound and sight was gone. With a cry of pain I collapsed onto the ground.

I looked around me. Where am I? Oh. The maze. I caught movement in the corner of my eye and I looked up I saw a little girl and woman. I called out but no one answer. They... can't see me? I walked up to them and tried to get their attention. Nothing. That's when I noticed it. The little girl. She had my eyes... my hair... It was me! Then that must mean... the woman... my eyes darted up and starred at her. Mother... she's my mother... and her eyes and hair are just like mine... I watched as the woman led the little girl, me, into the maze. Slowly I followed them. I wish I could hear what they were saying. It was as if I was suddenly rendered deaf.

I stopped as we approached the statue in the center of the maze. I watched as the woman touched the stone that was apart of the statue's necklace. I gasped in shock as the statue started moving to reveal a hidden stair case. As soon as the woman and child made their way down the stairs I followed closely behind them. It was so dark. I could barely make out their shape. No sooner than that thought flittered through my mind the woman lit a torch and I cringed a little at the sudden light.

Once my eyes adjusted to the sudden light my mouth opened in surprise. So many books... And not just book. Portraits. Portraits of keyblade wielders! What in the world was this place? It reminded me of a archive of sorts. There was a very faint memory tickling at my thoughts.

My vision blurred. And I could hear something. No. Someone. Someone's calling me. I looked back at the woman and child, and saw that the woman was looking directly at me. Before I was dragged completely out of wherever I was she whispered softly. “Follow your heart, my love, follow your heart...”

“Mother!” I gasped as the vision faded.


**

Riku turned around for the millionth time. He really hated this damn maze. It was such a pain. The only good thing about it though was Leon would be lost just as badly as him. With this new development he was going to have to keep a sharp eye on Leon. It was going to be hard because Inari never kept herself out of any kind of trouble. Riku let out a heavy sigh. He really was going to have to keep a closer eye on Inari. This was getting to the point of stupidity. When he heard a thudding sound he picked up his pace as he passed the center of the maze he skidded to a halt as he saw Inari. Shit! He ran to her and grabbed her propping her up in his arms and shook her. “Inari! Wake up! Dammit!” he shook her again. “You need to stop doing this crap... Running off, passing out... it scares the shit out of me.”

He felt comfortable saying the last part because she was passed out. He didn't completely understand his feelings toward her himself, and would rather keep them, until he knew more.

Before he could shake her again he heard her give a soft moan and move slightly, her eyes fluttering open. Thank gosh.

--------------------

I slowly blinked my eyes open. “R... Riku...” her mind was fuzzy. Oh. Right. That's what happened. Another vision. “Riku. I understand a little now.” I sat up and moved away from him. “ I..” I paused and looked at him. “I used to live here. Wherever here is. That statue. It's... it's my mother!”

-------------------

It took me a while to finish this chapter. Not feeling well, issues, etc. And now I'm not sure where it's going. So this will probably be the last chapter for a little bit. I want to work on another one of my fanfics. Thanks for reading, and I hope to update soon, and figure out where this story is heading.
Sign up to rate and review this story