Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Dinner Disaster

by FrankIsMySexGod 0 reviews

Truths come out, and not in the best way.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-03-07 - 2504 words

0Unrated
“What about this?” Cooper asked, holding up a suit. I smiled at him.

“Cooper, for the billionth time. It doesn’t matter what you wear. For all I care you can come to our house wearing a bikini and they’d probably find it endearing that you’re embracing the feminine culture.” I said. He sighed.

“I know, I know. It’s just that for you this is only a friendly dinner. But for me it’s dinner at my boss’s house. I want to make sure I look alright.” He said. I glanced at the clock and realised Jensen would probably be waiting outside.

“Shit. It’s time for me to go. Listen, just come at around half 6, wear whatever you feel comfortable in, and just be yourself. The first time this family dinner happened I wore a dress because I wanted to impress them. They just wore normal clothes. Honestly I felt more out of place than anything else. I’ll see you later.” I said. I gave him a quick hug that felt as incredible as every other hug we’ve had, and left. I went into the car and sighed.

“Good day?” Jensen asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah.” I answered.

“Really? You sound kinda beat.” He acknowledged.

“It’s nothing.” I replied.

“Are you sure?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“I’m just tired.” I answered.

“Well it’s gonna be a long night. Do you wanna take a quick nap when we get back?” He asked. I shook my head.

“I’ll be okay.” I ensured him.

“Alright then. Danneel and JJ are at the shops getting some dessert for tonight. Until people come you can just do what you want.” He said. When we got back I was pretty bored. I had nothing to do until Cooper came. He’s the only one I was desperate to see. In the end I ended up going outside and dipping my feet in the pool. I played my music on full blast. The garden was huge so the neighbours wouldn’t be able to hear it. By the time I got out Jared was already here. I gave him a hug to greet him and the rest of his family and then waited patiently for everyone else.

“So how’s your week been? I heard you started home-schooling with Cooper.” Genevieve said. I nodded my head.

“Yeah, it’s been good. I’m really enjoying it.” I answered. About 5 more minutes of mindless chatter happened before the doorbell rang again. I went to the front door to answer it hoping it was Cooper, but Misha and his family came in. Just as I was about to close the door a foot blocked it. I opened it and saw Cooper there. I smiled at him and gave him a huge hug. He ended up wearing some jeans and a smart shirt, but he looked fine. Really fine. He smelled great too.

“Hey Cooper.” Jensen greeted. He showed him to the living room and introduced him to everyone.

“Everyone, I’d like you to meet Cooper. Cooper, this is Jared and his wife Gen and their kids Thomas and Shep, Misha and his wife Vicki and their kids West and Maison.” Jensen told him.

“Hi guys. It’s nice to meet you.” Cooper said. He was sat down next to Misha and Danneel so I didn’t get a chance to sit next to him. Cooper got on really well with them, meanwhile I was bored as hell. JJ crawled to me and sat on my lap which I really loved. I started smiling and then a flash went off. I blinked a couple of times before I looked at the source. Jensen took a picture of us.

“Sorry, that was too cute not to take a picture of.” He said. I smiled.

“That’s fine.” I told him.

“It smells delicious.” Cooper said loud enough so Jensen could hear.

“Thank you. I hope you all like chicken.” Jensen said. Everyone murmured in agreement. Cooper took a look at me and JJ and smiled.

“How old is she?” He mouthed.

“1 and a half.” I mouthed back.

“So what are you two studying at the moment?” Genevieve asked us.

“Everything.” I moaned, making her laugh.

“We’re doing the core subjects, English, Maths, Science, ICT and PE. She’s still doing the British curriculum so she needs to get GCSE’s in that, but we’re also doing subjects of her choice so there’s a bunch of stuff we need to get our heads round.” Cooper answered.

“They’re doing incredibly though. Just the other day I heard Penina got a B in her English work alone.” Danneel added.

“That’s awesome!” Vicki said. I shrugged.

“It’s alright I suppose.” I said.

“Are you serious? I only got a C. It was only just good enough to pass.” Jared said talking about his exams.

“It’s just nothing to brag about. I don’t know. I’m behind on lots of stuff so I really need to catch up.” I said.

“Come on, Penina. You’re doing incredibly well. Especially in the stuff you desperately want to succeed in.” Cooper mentioned. I just shrugged.

“You have to say that. You’re my only teacher and I’m your only student.” I remarked. He shook his head.

“I really don’t have to say that, and it’s true. Your creativity is outstanding and your voice is absolutely incredible.” He said. God. I wish he hadn’t.

“You sing?” Jensen asked. I just shrugged.

“Not well.” I answered.

“Are you kidding me? You sang Therapy for me yesterday and I was blown away.” He boasted. I felt all awkward and embarrassed.

“You should sing for all of us after dinner.” Jensen said. I shrugged and shook my head.

“I don’t know.” I said.

“Please? JJ wants you to.” Danneel said. I knew she was lying, but somehow I ended up nodding my head.

“Fine. But after dinner.” I said.

“Speaking of which, it should be done by now.” Jensen said. We all walked to the table and got served. I sat next to Cooper who also sat next to Misha.

“Mm. This is delicious.” Cooper said.

“Oh, please. It’s nothing, really.” Jensen said.

“Are you kidding? You cook better than my mum, and she cooks exquisite food.” Cooper said.

“Speaking of which, how were they about the whole moving away thing?” Jared asked.

“They were alright. It’s not like I’m able to see them that often anyway, but when I see them it’s usually great. They’ve been very supportive.” Cooper replied.

“By the way, when we’re in Vancouver, we don’t exactly have a place for you to stay yet.” Jensen said. I looked up at him.

“Well then where’s he going to stay?” I asked.

“Penina, it’s fine. I’ll just stay at a hotel.” Cooper said. I shook my head.

“Screw that. Can’t he just stay with us until we find a place for him?” I asked.

“Well, that’s not exactly feasible. We don’t have any spare rooms for him. We’re happy to pay for a hotel room until we find a place.” Jensen answered.

“Right, I forgot. Money just isn’t an issue anymore is it?” I asked sarcastically and angrily.

“Penina, please. It’s fine.” Cooper said.

“Penina, you know we would, we just have nowhere to put him.” Jensen said.

“But you would have if I wasn’t here, right?” I asked.

“Well, yes, but that’s irrelevant. We wouldn’t have even heard of Cooper if it wasn’t for you. Why are you getting so pent up?” Jensen asked.

“Because I just am, okay?” I huffed before making my way up to my room. I knew how uncomfortable it must be downstairs, and I know that I must’ve come off really stupid.

Hey, Penina. Come down. I just heard they have chocolate cake for dessert. I don’t want to look rude because I’m on my phone. Just want you to come down. – Cooper

Well I came off as stupid and I adamantly refuse to come back downstairs. – Penina

Then I’ll just have to come up. See you in a bit. – Cooper

I was in the middle of texting him not to do so until I heard a knock on my door.

“What?” I asked. He came in and chuckled at the way I looked. I was curled up on my bed hugging a pillow with an angry look on my face. All he did was sit on my bed and lay down in the opposite direction to me.

“You’re stupid for thinking you’re stupid. So, what’s wrong?” He asked. I looked at him.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I mean you don’t lash out unless something’s troubling you. So, what is it?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Maybe I’m due on or something.” I said.

“So nothing else is bothering you?” He asked.

“I don’t know, okay? I just don’t.” I answered.

“Then let’s try to figure it out. Do you miss being back home?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. Maybe a little.” I began. “Maybe a lot. I miss my mum no matter how much it was bound to never work out. I miss school. I just miss it.” I said once I started thinking about it.

“Do you want to go back?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Of course not. I hated it.” I said. He looked at me in confusion. “You know what I mean. I mean that as much as I hated it, it was still home. Now what do I do? I just, I don’t know anymore. My life has just been one big lie after the other, and all I wanted was the truth.” I said.

“Are you glad you’ve got it though?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Kind of.” I answered. “I’m just so sick of everyone being so proud of me all the time as well. It’s like they’re all treading on eggshells around me. God. All I want is for people to calm down and realise I’m human too. You seem to be the only person who gets that. Well, Hozzie does too, but she’s not here.” I said.

“Do you wish she was?” He asked. All I could do was nod my head. I began getting tears in my eyes again. Cooper noticed and sat up on the bed.

“I want my life back. It’s like it’s not mine anymore.” I said before giving him a hug to comfort me.

“Do you want to speak to Summer?” He asked, hugging me back. I shook my head.

“Not right now.” I answered.

“Well, once you feel better, we’re going to go downstairs and we’re going to be polite and civil and then we can discuss it more tomorrow. How does that sound?” He asked.

“Okay. Let’s do that.” I answered. “Just give me a few minutes.” I said. He nodded his head and walked downstairs. I took some deep breaths to calm myself down and then wiped away my tears. I was sure that Cooper would be telling everyone to just act like normal, but I didn’t really mind that. He knows exactly what I need. I gave my phone one last check before I went downstairs and noticed a text from a random number.

I’m sorry, love. – Dad

My breath hitched in my throat. I was promised that I’d never hear from that man ever again. Not after what he did. I ran downstairs and looked at Cooper. He smiled at me, but I just shook my head.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“He knows. I don’t know how but he knows.” I said. Cooper looked at me with worry written across his face.

“How did you find out?” Cooper asked.

“Wait, what are you talking about?” Jensen asked, sounding very protective.

“He texted me saying he’s sorry.” I answered.

“Bollocks! Okay, are your windows locked?” He asked. I was trying to think but I couldn’t remember. “Penina, are your windows locked?” Cooper asked again desperately.

“I don’t know.” I answered.

“Okay, you go lock your windows, I’ll call your mum to see what she knows, and then we might have to call the police.” He instructed. I nodded my head and went to lock my windows. Then the flashbacks started.

”You stupid little girl. Do you honestly think I’m going to believe a word that comes out of your mouth?” He asked.

”Dad, I swear. I didn’t do anything!” I argued back, which was a big mistake. He slapped me and sent me to my room. When I got there, 3 strange men stood looking at me like their next meal.

”Well well, look what we have here gentlemen.” One of them said.

”I know Mr Henderson said she was pretty, but god.” Another one said.

”DAD!” I screamed, trying to get his attention, but what I got back was something that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

”You deserve it. Now take your punishment like a good girl.” He said.

I started sobbing and screaming at the memory of the very first time. I went to the door and locked it, then curled up on my bed trying to get the memories to stop. I assumed my dad was still in prison. That’s what I was told. A 10 year sentence, but it’s barely been 2. I closed my eyes and tried to think of something else to get the memories to stop, but it didn’t work. All of a sudden I heard banging on the door which made me scream anymore.

“Don’t come in here!” I yelled.

”Penina, it’s okay, it’s just me!” Danneel said. I shook my head.

“Just stop it okay? Just stop it. Get out of my fucking head!” I yelled. Apparently Danneel must have a spare key because she unlocked the door and ran straight at me and kneeled down.

“Penina, I don’t know what’s going on, okay? But I won’t leave until you’re alright. Cooper said something about him being bailed out early, but I don’t know what that means.” She said.

“No! He can’t be out early. He just can’t!” I cried.

“Who? What happened?” She asked as calmly as possible.

“It’s my dad. The one that adopted me. He’s been in prison for hiring people to rape me.” I confessed.

Hey. Sorry that this is a bit of a darker chapter, but I hope you like it nonetheless. Sorry it's taken so long to update. Whoops. :/
Sign up to rate and review this story