Categories > Original > Drama > Paradise Lost

Forbidden Colours

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Daisuke meets Daisy and Allison and bonds with both. However, his relationship with the latter leads to unforeseen consequences.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-03-12 - 3276 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve: Forbidden Colours:

It all started with one girl. Well, actually two girls. It all started back in June thirteenth, 1982. Daisuke had settled into dorm life rather easily. It surprised him about how much calmer things were now that he didn’t live in Kimoto House anymore. Kuga-sensei stopped by once a week to check on him. Even his roommate became like a brother to him. Daisuke was just happy to have peace in his life for a change.

However, Jin became bored with this new life. The kitsune rolled around on his master’s bed.

“I’m bored!” he complained. Daisuke tried to ignore him as he did his summer homework. The kitsune frowned at the lack of response.

“Entertain me!” he complained.

“Go away,” Daisuke murmured, “I’m busy here.” The kitsune rose up from the bed and leaned on his shoulder. His master tried to shove him off.

“Stop,” he whispered. Jin glanced up at him. Daisuke puffed up his cheeks and rolled his eyes.

“What do you want?” he hissed. Jin glanced up at him like a sweet little baby fox.

“Take me out today,” he pleaded. Daisuke rolled his eyes.

“But I have homework to do,” he said. Jin nudged him in the arm.

“That can wait until later,” he said, “I want to go out now!” The master lowered his pencil.

“Then will you shut up?” he asked. Jin gave him an innocent little nod. Daisuke sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Fine,” he said as he closed up his notebook and textbook, “But we aren’t staying out long!”

“Whatever,” Jin mumbled. Daisuke rose to his feet and walked out the door.

That day was a rather muggy one. Daisuke wished that he could be back inside already.Why did I let him talk me into doing this?, he thought. Too late to complain now; might as well make the most of it. The boy looked around somewhere cool to hang out in for a little while.

He wound up on the other side of town. The boy came across a store that sold ice pops. A smile came across his face as he leaned into the glass. From here, his fate to his lost paradise took a different path.

Daisuke happened to look over to his right and see a girl about his age waiting outside of the store. She looked American with her dark brown hair to her shoulders. The boy had to turn around and get a better look. She had on a yellow sundress to her knees. The colors showed off in the high sun in the cloudless sky. Daisuke couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

“She’s cute, isn’t she?” Jin whispered. The boy shoved him off and walked over to the girl standing inches away from him. She happened to look up when she heard his footsteps. Daisuke froze up on the spot.

“Uh… hi…” he said in his best English. The girl tilted her head at him.

“Hello,” she said. The two teens stared at each other for what felt like the longest time. Daisuke shuffled his feet. Jin rolled his eyes next to him.

“Say something, idiot,” he hissed in the boy’s ear. He pushed his master a step forward. Daisuke looked up to see the confused American girl staring at him. That boy had never seen eyes so blue before in his life. He felt like he was staring into the deep Sea of Japan. Daisuke tried to make himself talk.

“Uh… are you new here?” he asked. His English came out sounding rather strangled.

“Hm?” the girl asked.

“Are you new here?” Daisuke asked again. It took her close to three minutes to understand what he was saying.

“Oh, Am I new here?” she repeated backed.

“Yes,” Daisuke replied.

“Yes,” the girl replied, “Yes, I am.”

“What is your name?” the boy asked. The girl looked away with slightly pink cheeks.

“Daisy,” she said in a small voice, “Daisy Kessler.” Daisuke began to smile a little bit.

“I’m Kimoto Daisuke,” he introduced himself. Daisy let down her guard as he bowed to her. To his surprise, Daisy did likewise.

“You know Japanese manners so well,” he said.

“My father’s been to Japan before,” she answered. At first, Daisuke didn’t understand what she was saying.

“Your father?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Daisy replied, “He’s an officer in the army.”

“Oh!” the boy said nodding, “I see.” Initially, he planned to let his put of the bloodline die with him. It’s funny how emotions can complicate things. Jin smirked to himself.

“Ooo, someone has a crush!” he cooed.

Shut it or we’ll go home!

“Sheesh, I’m kidding,” the kitsune replied.

“So,” Daisuke said, “What are you doing out here?”

“I’m waiting for a friend,” she replied.

“Ah,” Daisuke said. Daisy looked at him with her head tilted.

“And what about you?” she asked. The boy blinked at her rather confused.

“What about me?” he asked.

“What are you doing out here?” Daisy asked. It took him a little way to get what she was saying.

“Oh!” he said, “I’m just taking a little break from doing some summer homework.” Daisy gave him a puzzled look at that statement.

“You have homework over the summer?” she asked.

“Yeah,” Daisuke admitted, “We’re on summer semester right now.”

“It seems strange,” the American girl admitted, “I have never been to a place where you had school on Saturdays and during the summer.”

“Really?” Daisuke asked looking rather puzzled.

“Why yes,” Daisy replied, “Back in California, school is only five days a week and we’re off during most of the summer.”

“All summer long?” he asked.

“Yes,” Daisy replied with a nod. The boy gave off a low whistle.

“Having all summer long off,” he said, “That must be nice.”

“Yes, it is,” she replied, “But I think school is much better.” The boy only smiled and nodded at her.

“Daisy!” a girl’s raspy voice yelled, “Let’s go! I’m done now!” The pair turned to see another girl walking out of the store with iceies in her hand. She didn’t look as pretty as Daisy herself. Her short red hair looked really cut up with her dark blue shorts and white t-shirt. Her friend perked up at her.

“Allison!” she said as she raced over to her, “What took you?”

“The stupid clerk tried to rip me off,” her friend complained. She looked over the girl’s shoulder and saw Daisuke looking at them.

“And who’s this?” she asked.

“Oh, this is Daisuke,” Daisy replied, “I just met him a little while ago.”

“Hi,” the boy said as he gave them a saw wave. Allison stared at him and snorted.

“Whatever,” she grumbled, “Let’s go.” Daisuke watched as the girls started to walk away.

“Wait!” he called. Daisy and Allison turned and looked at him.

“Yes?” the former asked. Daisuke stood up straighter before him spoke.

“When can I see you again?” he asked. His new friend perked up at that question.

“We’ll be back next weekend,” she said.

“Same place?” he asked.

“Maybe,” his new friend replied. Allison tugged her on the arm.

“Come on,” she murmured, “Let’s just go before they start wondering where we are.”

“Oh, right,” Daisy said in a small voice. Daisuke watched as the girls hurried away down the street. A small smile came onto his face.

“Daisy’s cute,” Jin said beside him, “Her friend… not so much.”

“Shut up,” his master muttered. The boy turned and walked back to his dorm.

From summer onwards, Daisy and Daisuke had to see each other. Before he knew, a love relationship bloomed between them. Love makes people do things on an impulse. Daisuke was rather surprised to learn this for himself on the twenty-first of June. They were walking around a park when he could hold back anymore.

“Daisy, please marry me,” he said. She gave me the strangest look as she stopped in her tracks.

“What?” I asked. Daisuke froze and turned when he realized what he just asked.

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” he brushed off quickly, “It was just a stupid thing. I’m so sorry!” To his surprise, Daisy gave him a little smile.

“No, no,” she said, “It’s fine.”

“So, will you?” he asked, “Not now, of course, but later on?”

“Of course,” she said. Daisuke felt like flying.

“Thank you!” he said with a quick bow as his cheeks turned bright red. Jin rolled his eyes.

“Oh boy…” he muttered to himself. His master chose to ignore him. Shortly after the proposal, early wedding plans began. As they kept talking, one serious condition came across Daisuke’s mind that he couldn’t keep to himself anymore.

“Hey Daisy-chan,” he said one afternoon on the beach. His girlfriend looked at him as she tried to keep her hat on in the rising winds. Daisuke gathered up his courage as he looked his fiancée in the eye.

“I don’t want children,” he confessed. Daisy looked as if she had been crushed with a huge weight.

“What?” she asked.

“I just don’t want children,” he repeated.

“But why not?” she asked. Daisuke lowered his head as he prepared to explain the truth.

“I can’t explain the truth right now,” he said, “Please, trust me on this.” Daisy’s lower lip whimpered.

“Daisuke…” she said in a small voice.

“Please?” her fiancé asked. Daisy lowered her hand in disappointment.

“Alright,” she said. He took her into his arms and held her.

“Thank you,” he whispered. However, his plans would come unraveled on July first. Daisy was the ball to set the ball running.

“Honey,” she said, “Let’s go out on a double date this week.” Daisuke looked up at her random confused.

“Huh?” he asked. She leaned in close to him on the dorm’s lawn.

“It’ll be you, me, Allison, and she’ll get a guy with her,” the girl explained. His face looked rather pale when she saw that.

“Allison?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said, “Is something wrong with that?” Daisuke waved his hand back and forth as he shook his head.

“No, no!” he said quickly, “It’s fine, but where’s Allison going to find a date?” Daisy smiled and gave him a little shrug.

“I’ll see what I can do,” she replied. Daisuke gave off a nervous laugh when she said that.How the heck…?

To his surprise, his fiancée managed to pull it off. On that Thursday, Daisuke waited for the trio at the bus stop close to three o’clock. He looked at his watch that his father gave him before he went missing.

They should be coming here right about now, he thought. He knew that sometimes his fiancée ran ten minutes late tops.

“Daisuke!” he heard someone shout. The boy looked up to see his girl and the other couple hurrying over to him. He stood up smiling.

“Daisy-chan!” he said aloud, “I’m so happy to see you!” She raced over and gave her boyfriend a big hug. Daisuke laughed as he caught her. She gave him a small peck on the lips. Her boy looked over her shoulder to see Allison with a shy-looking blonde-haired boy. His cleared his throat as he let go of Daisy.

“Hello Parkman-chan,” he said, “And…”

“Stevie,” the boy mumbled.

“Oh,” Daisuke said. He already felt sorry for the guy. How did he end up going out with her?, he wondered. Daisy clapped her hands together.

“Okay!” she said aloud, “Now that we’re all here, shall we get going?” She turned her attention to her date. “When is the bus getting here?” she asked. Daisuke checked his watch again.

“If it’s on time today, about ten minutes,” he answered.

“If?” Allison questioned in a sharp tone.

“Yes,” he said, “If.”

“It’s okay,” Daisy cut in, “It’s fine, really it is.” Allison drew her mouth closed in a frown. Once the couples got on the bus, things became a little bit easier to handle. Daisy cuddled up to Daisuke for the whole ride.

“So where are we going for this date?” he whispered. Daisy looked up at him with those grayish-blue eyes of hers.

“Just downtown,” she replied, “And maybe the beach.”

“Sounds nice,” he said. The boy glanced over at the seat behind them. Allison didn’t seem to want to connect with her date. Stevie himself looked like he would rather be anywhere else than here right now. In fact, the poor guy looked like he wanted to run away. He gave him a look of sympathy.

“Think he’s going to be okay with her?” he whispered to his dream.

“Hm?” Daisy asked as she looked behind them. She gave the couple a little smile.

“They’ll be fine,” she insisted. Daisuke gave her a rather odd look.

“You sure about that?” he asked. Daisy gave him a little kiss on the nose.

“It’s fine,” she told him.

“Okay…” he mumbled uneasily. His girlfriend held his hand. The date turned out to be nice. The four teenagers spent the daylight hours in the shopping district and the beach. Daisy enjoyed herself the most as she looked at cute things like jewelry, clothes, and stuffer animals. Daisuke was happy to buy it for her.

“Are you sure this is okay?” she asked. The boy nodded with a smile on his face.

“Of course,” he said, “I got a new job last week.”

“You did?” she asked.

“Yeah,” Daisuke said, “I finished my shift this morning since the school is closed for a paint job.”

“Is that okay with your school that you’re working?” his girlfriend asked.

“I got permission from them due to my situation,” he answered.

“I see,” she replied. Allison and Stevie on the other hand weren’t having such a great time.

“When can we go home?” the former complained.

“Come on, Allison,” her friend said, “It’s fine. We still have to go the beach.”

“Seriously?” red-headed tomboy asked.

“Yes,” her friend said in chipper voice. Allison groaned and rolled her eyes. Daisy gave her boyfriend a little smile and shrug. However, the beach trip got canceled when it started to rain.

“Oh no!” Daisy cried. Daisuke shielded her with his jacket.

“Now what?” Allison asked. Daisy’s boyfriend looked for the bus.

“We can go back to my place,” he offered.

“You sure that’s okay?” Stevie shouted over the pounding rain.

“Yeah!” the other boy said back, “My roommate’s out of town until Sunday!”

“Alright,” Stevie said back.

“Whatever,” Allison mumbled. They all hopped the bus back to Ginko Dormitory. Daisuke provided his party with towels and dry clothes. Daisy and Stevie went down to the dining hall to look for something warm to drink. Meanwhile, Allison and Daisuke were left in his room alone together. The loner tomboy reached under her jacket and pulled out a bottle of beer. The Japanese boy stared at her with big eyes. She glanced over with annoyance in her eyes.

“What?!?” she snapped. Daisuke quickly shook his head.

“Nothing!” he said quickly as he waved his hand back and forth, “Nothing!” She narrowed her eyes at him and handed him the bottle. Daisuke gave her a blank look.

“But I don’t drink,” he said. Allison didn’t let up with that frown that never seemed to leave her face. The boy quickly put up his hands in a panic.

“Okay, okay, I’ll take it!” he said quickly. The boy took the bottle from her hand and took a sip. His face reeled with bitter shock.

“Yuck!” he shouted, “What the hell is this?!?” Allison sat beside him crackling. Daisuke gave her a dirty look.

“You knew that would happen, didn’t you?” he asked.

“No, you’re just a wuss,” she said. Daisuke frowned as he puffed up his cheeks at her.

“I am not!” he hissed. Suddenly, he realized something.

“Hey,” he said, “That’s the first time I ever heard you laugh.” Allison raised an eyebrow at him.

“Is that a problem?” she asked. Daisuke smiled as he shook his head.

“Nah,” he replied, “It’s just nice for a change.” Allison leaned back and smiled, not in a creepy way, but in a rather nice way.

“Hey,” Daisuke spoke up, “Could I have another drink?”

“Sure,” Allison said as she handed him back the bottle. Meanwhile, Jin decided to use this situation to his advantage. Jin sat invisibly in the air and closed his eyes.

“Yes, mother,” he said, “I understand.” He let his own magic swallow him up and pull the strings between the drinking and talking teenagers.

By morning, Daisuke awoke naked in his bed with a killer hangover.

“Damn…” he muttered to himself as he sat up in bed. It donned on himself that he wasn’t alone when he placed his hand on what felt like a body beside of him. The boy froze and he looked down against his better judgment. To his horror, he found Allison Parkman naked and sound asleep next to him.

No, no. Please, no!, he screamed in his mind. The panic began to spread as Allison stirred awake next to him. She looked up at him with a puzzled look on her face.

“What the hell happened?” she asked in a groggy voice. Daisuke shook his head as he struggled for something to say. Needless to say, the pair vowed to never speak of this again and pretend it never happened. However, fate just loved to mock Daisuke so much.

Three weeks later on the twenty-second of July, Allison came by Daisuke’s school alone to break the news to him.

“Allison-san,” the boy addressed her, “What are you doing here? Where’s Daisy?”

“I’m pregnant,” she admitted. Daisuke looked as if he had been hit by a bus.

“What?!?” he asked with big eyes.

“I’m pregnant, you asshole!” the red-head shouted at him. The boy shook his head.

“No!” he blurted out, “I can’t have this! They will drag me back!” He quickly grabbed her by the hands. “You have to get rid of it!” he yelped.

“What?” Allison asked.

“Please?” he asked. Daisuke reached into his shorts’ pocket and pulled out a fistful of yen.

“Here, I’ve got the money,” he said. Despite her own questions for this, Allison took the money.

“Fine,” she said, “I’ll do it.” Daisuke bowed his head.

“Thank you!” he said aloud. Four days later, Allison ended up shipped to a boarding school in Hokkaido for reasons he didn’t know at the time. By August, Daisy’s family were reassigned to San Diego, California. Unable to handle a long-distance relationship, she and Daisuke decided to end things mutually. However, the story didn’t end there.

After the earlier hours of March second, 1983, Daisuke received a knock on his dorm door.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” he muttered as he climbed out of bed and opened the door. An old-looking nurse with a raincoat stood on the other side holding a tiny newborn baby wrapped in a pale yellow blanket in her arms. The boy blinked at her rather oddly.

“Uh… can I help you?” he asked. The middle-aged woman handed him the sleeping child.

“This is your baby,” the nurse answered. Daisuke looked up at her with big blank eye.
Sign up to rate and review this story