Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Wedding

Flowers

by Noizchild 0 reviews

While Nessa and Rose talk flowers, the cracks in Gareth and Rachel's marriage make Gareth not care anymore.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2015-03-26 - 656 words - Complete

0Unrated
Flowers:

Flowers

“So what is your favorite flower?” Nessa asked.

“You already know,” Rose told her.

“Please humor me here?”

“Alright, I like irises and violets.”

Nessa raised an eyebrow at her. “Really? No roses?”

“Nessa, quit goofing around.”

Her dear friend giggled. “I know. I’m just playing with you.” She makes more notes in her planner. “I know a good place to get fresh flowers.”

Rose peered down at her friend’s notes. “Is it in the budget?”

“Girl, stop worrying about money! You deserve the best.”

“But I don’t want to go into debt either.”

“Yeah, yeah. Let me handle it.” She held up her hand when the bride opened her mouth. “Let me handle it.”

“But…”

“Let me handle it!” Nessa cut off her friend’s words before she could speak. Rose finally gave up talking. Her friend took a breath.

“Thank you,” she said. Nessa picked up the phone and made the order. Rose tried to smile and keep positive.

Domestic War

-Gareth-

I keep waiting for something to go off. Rachel and I don’t talk anymore. The evil eye that she gives me says that she wants my blood. I won’t give what she wants so easily. So, I pretend that I can’t see her sneering at me.

“Anything new today?” I asked. I get no response in return. Being nice is rather pointless in this case. I am either going to get dead air or hissing. Who needs the headache? I set down my beer.

“I’m heading out,” I announced. I rose to my feet expecting nothing as I head out the door to wander around our neighborhood.

“Get back here right now!” Rachel barked. I paused and turned my head.Okay, I hadn’t expected this…

“Is there a problem?” I asked. I poked her head out from the kitchen.

“We’re not done talking here!” she shouted.

I shrugged my shoulders. “What is there to talk about?”

“Just say something!”

I completely turned to her. “We’ve already been over this. What else do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know!”

“Then what is the point?” I could already feel the circle starting up again. You know something? I don’t feel like going through the motions again. I could see her struggling to come up with another excuse to keep fighting. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“I don’t have time for this,” I muttered. I simply walked out the door.

“You come back here!” my soon to be ex-wife shouted. The door swung closed as she still yelled at me. Sorry woman, I don’t have time for your crap tonight. Spare me for some other time.

Slumming

-Gareth-

I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I almost feels pointless, you know? For the past four years, it just felt like I was just slumming with everything—Rachel, work, and life in general. I just don’t really see a point to it anymore.

I stopped walking in the middle of the sidewalk. You know something? Once upon a time, Rachel and I thought about having kids. I chuckled to myself. It’s almost laughable now that I think about it. We wouldn’t been horrible parents. Plus, we wouldn’t have time for all of that given our lifestyle. She and I were too busy working and swinging.

Ah! Swinging. When did that not become fun? I just don’t want anything at the moment. Maybe after I cut my ties with Rachel… Maybe… I felt myself frowning. You know what? I just don’t give a fuck anymore. I’m too tired to from all of the circles I keep running around with Rachel in. Can I just not care for a little bit? Is that fine for you? That works out for me.

I walked away further down the street.
Sign up to rate and review this story