Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Needy

Just Like Heaven

by Noizchild 0 reviews

How Hikaru and Jessie first met ten years ago.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-04-03 - 539 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Sixteen: Just Like Heaven:

-Ten Years Ago-

Love can be an impatient child. Jessie quickly leaned this when she spied on her crush. It wouldn't be long before she just had to meet him. No day felt right, however. Her mother kept her busy looking for men. The more Jessie saw Hikaru, the more she couldn't stay loyal to her mother. At last, she broke down.

/I can't stay away from him anymore/, Jessie thought. She waited outside of the udon shop where he worked. The demon "bumped" into him as he climbed onto his bike.

"Oh!" Jessie cried as she landed into his chest. Hikaru backed up, startled.

"Are you alright?" he asked. Jessie looked up at him with doe eyes and red cheeks.

"I feel so faint," she murmured.

Hikaru's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Uh… Do you need a doctor or anything?"

Jessie shook her head. He raised an eyebrow at the girl in his arms.

"No?" he asked.

"No!" she wailed. "Please. Just… Let me stay like this." Hikaru looked around with a red face.

"Okay…" he muttered. Jessie smiled at herself in her head. This is what happiness feels like! I don't want to let go.

They spent the evening walking the city.

"So what's your name?" Jessie asked.

"Hikaru," her crushed answered. "And you?"

She blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear. "Jessie."

"Jessie?" Hikaru asked. "You're not from here, are you?"

The demon froze. "Uh… no…" Oh no. Does he know that I'm…? Hikaru pointed at her.

"You're from America, aren't you?" he asked. Jessie let out a fake chuckle.

"How did you know?" she asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Call it a hunch. I like reading people."

"You do?" She stopped in front of him. "Read me."

Hikaru narrowed his eyes as he studied her up and down. "Let's see… American, rather bold, flirty, hm…" His eyes met with hers. "But…"

"You seem really lonely." Hikaru's lips curved into a smile. "How did I do?"

Jessie put her hands on her hips. "I won't tell you!"

"What?" he asked. She stuck her tongue out at him.

"I'm not going to tell you if you're right or not! There!" she said. Hikaru pouted at her.

"Aw, come on!" he said. Jessie broke into laughter.

"Give me some clue!" Hikaru pleaded. The demon smiled and gave him a tiny peck on the nose. Hikaru's cheeks turned light red.

"What was that for?" he asked. Her cheeks flushed light pink.

"I… I don't know," she replied. Her heart began racing in her chest. Jessie gulped.

"Can I see you again?" she asked.

"Sure," Hikaru said.

Jessie felt her heart flying away. "When?"

"Whenever you like. Here." Hikaru reached into his pocket for his notepad. He scribbled down a number and handed her the page. "This is my number. You can call me whenever you like."

Jessie took his number blushing and nodding. "Okay." Hikaru leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. He gave her a little wave.

"I'll see you," her crush said. The demon girl stood waving and blushing with no words. Goodbye…

That encounter would set them on a sweet and short-lived romantic trip to despair.
Sign up to rate and review this story