Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Needs To Be Said.

by LadyOtaku 0 reviews

I didn't really want to say it, but since no one else has, I will.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2015-04-14 - 368 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hi guys.

As mentioned in the description, I REALLY did not want to write this, but as it is it seems nobody else has written a similar thing, so I will.

Basically, if you haven't heard yet, Spencer Smith has officially left Panic! At The Disco. Now I haven't been a particularly big fan of Panic! since I was maybe 12 or 13 (For an estimate of how long that is, I'm 17 now) but even so, this news made me feel a little bit...empty, I guess.

When I was into Panic! (like, really into them) the vast majority of my life revolved around them. I think it was The Ballad Of Mona Lisa that got me into them majorly. Like of course I knew some earlier songs (like I Write Sins Not Tragedies & Nine In The Afternoon, for example), but Vices & Virtues had just came out, I heard The Ballad Of Mona Lisa on the radio one afternoon, and I was hooked. Ask anyone who knew me back then and they'll tell you I was borderline obsessed. I mainly got more into their earlier songs, and I was deeply saddened when I discovered Ryan Ross had left the band a few years prior. But I kept going on.

Unfortunately that phase died out by the time my 14th birthday rolled around. I briefly got back into them when their latest album came out, but other than that it was it.

But this time, it feels different. When I discovered Ryan left, it was different because A. It had happened years before I found out, and B. There were still two original members left. But now with Spencer gone, Brendon's the only original member of the band left.

What this means for the band? That I cannot tell you. But all you major fans of them out there, I can tell you it will be okay. Maybe this means a new musical path, maybe it doesn't. Either way, I guess we should look on the bright side: We do know the band is NOT breaking up for good.

Ugh, sorry for my rambling. Props to you if you've made it this far without yawning. Well, I'm off now. Bye.
-LadyOtaku
Sign up to rate and review this story