Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 4

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date 10/6/2010*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-14 - 4661 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter #4 Jericho VII

Part #1 Was It Just A Dream?

After I calmed down I walked over to the sink and splashed some warm water on my face, it strangely made me feel- happy. I looked at myself quickly. I noticed that the front of my muzzle was slightly swollen. I didn't think too much of it as I walked out to the hallway. I heard Mike snoring, I opened his door.

His legs were hanging off the end of the bed and his feet were planted on the floor. This led me to the conclusion that he was sitting when he fell asleep. The thing that made me laugh was the way his head was positioned. His neck was strait with his body and his head was upside down. There was a lump in Mike's throat, maybe his Adams apple, with every breath it would slid from the lower part of his neck to the top. It was like watching a game of Pong. I found it quite amusing. I watched it for awhile. I eventually burst out in laughter. I cover my face to stop laughing, it didn't work.

Mike's eyes popped open, he blinked a few times. With a grunt he sat back up, he turned to look at me. He started to say something as the hallway lights flickered on, that made him squint. I heard footsteps come from behind me, I turned to see William.

"Aren't you supposed to be in a Cyro tube right now?" I asked,

He replied with

"Yeah, but the Captain wanted me to make sure that you two get off the ship ok." He paused, looking closer at me,

"Didn't you have orange eyes a few days ago?" He asked.

"Eye coverings, kind of like the green glass interface on UNSC helmets."

"Oh" he paused

"You're too damn tall!" he paused

"I need help with something."

"What do you need help with?"

He looked up and said

"Your car!"

Part #2 With Or Without The Winch?

We waited for Mike and walked to the Garage. I walked in first, followed by William, and then Mike. There was a Warthog with a tow winch and a small trailer hooked to the back.

William then said

"I just need you to put your car on the trailer. I wan t you to do it so I dot need to use the winch."

I walked over and got in the Shelby. I turned the car on, put it in reverse, and gave it some gas. The car didn't move. I let off the gas. I waited a second before pushing it farther. I pushed it half way down, but the car still didn't move. As I let off the gas I heard something snap

The engine started screaming. There was an earsplitting scrapping sound as the car started to drag itself backwards. Sparks started to fly out from under the car. I tried to put the car into park. The car backed up into something. My hand slipped and I ended up throw it into drive. I was sucked back into the seat as the front of the car was lifted off the ground. The car was going about 60 when it came back down. As soon as it did I stomped on the brake. The car eventually came to a top on one of the 45* slopes. The engine screamed, sputtered, and died.

Took the key out and put it in the cup holder. I sat there trying to figure out what just happened. There was now black smoke rising from under the hood. William drove over with the Warthog. He walked over to the window and said

"Stupid question but do we need the winch?"

I got out with the help of William holding the door open. Once I got out the first thing I noticed was that the back tires weren't touching the ground, and the second was that the back was smashed in even more than before.

"What did I back into?" I asked William,

"A tank!" I shook my head as he got the winch.

It took us awhile to hook the Shelby up. When we finished Mike told William he would stay here and wait till we got back, probably because there was only two seats in the Warthog. We got in and William drove down to the end of the room. He got out and walked over to a keypad. He pressed a button and walked back as the entire wall split down the middle revealing a tunnel.

He got back in and started to drive. He didn't talk for awhile. At the end of the tunnel he turned onto a road- inside the ship! I was dumbstruck, it was wide enough to be a four lane highway. William must have seen what I was thinking.

"There over 15 miles of road system inside this ship." He said with a grin.

I realized that I had spent almost nine days on this ship, and I didn't even know its name.

"What is the name of this ship?" I asked.

William looked over and said

"The UNSC Hercules."

Part #3 Limitations

After that we really didn't talk. We had driven a few miles. We, stopped, dropped the car off, and within 10 minutes we were back to Mike.

William took us back to our rooms, he told us to get ready because we were getting dropped of in two hours. I went in and put my armor back on. I folded my sweater and walked back out.

"What are we supposed to do for two hours?" I asked William

"Not much to do around here when everyone's asleep."

I couldn't remember the last time I ate.

"Can we eat something?"

William nodded yes and then led Mike and me down to a cafeteria. He told us to sit down and he went into a room in the back.

The table was too small- I had to stretch my legs out to get them under the table.

William came back with an armload, which he dumped on the tables.

"I don't know what you guys eat- so yeah. I got what I could." William said as he sat down next to Mike.

Mike gave him a look that could kill and William got up and sat next to me- on the other side of the other end of the table.

There wasn't much there: a few water bottles, bags of chips, and small brown boxes labeled "Survival Ration". I grabbed one of the rations, after fumbling with it, I got it open.

Inside was a piece of flat bread, a package labeled "sausage patty", water flavor powder, and toilet paper- yes there was toilet paper in there.

I took a bite of the flat bread- it really wasn't a bite, more like a clamp and tear. There was no chewing involved- I tried, but after a few seconds I ended up just swallowing it. The bread was tasteless, as was the sausage patty.

I still felt hungry and got the 'wonderful' idea of potato chips. Oh My God! I couldn't chew it so it was almost pointless- I did manage to get one. It about fell out of my 'mouth' several times, I had to use my tongue to keep it in- I found out that I had a tongue. William just watched me with a pale face.

This would last me a while- but I wanted a cheeseburger! A big fat greasy cheeseburger!

I sipped some water as I waited for Mike to finish. That was awkward- having to stick it in my mouth.

William looked at the clock

"53 minutes left, we need to start heading back." He announced

We picked up everything and started the trip back. It took us about 35 minutes to get there. It was mostly walking, but at the end we took a Warthog.

We got to the Pelican bay. There was a woman, sitting on top of my car, anchoring it to the Pelican cables- her back was facing us.

I walked over and put my hoodie in the car. When I closed the door she turned and saw me. She almost fell off my car

"What the Hell is that thing?" She screamed

I took a step back as William calmed her down

"Emily, it's alright- this is Dan and Mike. They are Sanheila- Sangheili, what ever you call it" she still looked nervous

"We don't bite." I informed her, she managed to laugh

Emily leaned over to William and whispered

"Cool!"

William looked at his watch

"We got 16 minutes; every things packed up and ready to go. We need you to get in now."

He smiled and gave Emily a kiss- I didn't think too much of it.

William took us over to a staircase going down into the floor. There was a tunnel under all of the Pelicans. We needed to climb into the pelicans. William was first, followed by Emily. I went next.

I got under the pelicans hatch, there was a ladder going up. The tunnel already only having an 8 foot ceiling, made me lean down to stand.

I tried to climb that ladder- but I couldn't. My legs would bend like that. My top knees would hit each rung anyway. I stopped my attempts with the ladder.

I then tried to pull my self up. I managed to sit on the floor. My legs were still dangling in the hatch. That barely worked- I was starting to hate the extra pair of knees.

A few seconds later Mike was trying to get in. He unsuccessful tried the ladder- for longer than I did. When he stopped he was frustrated. I offered my hand, he looked at me

"I don't need your help!" He snarled

I didn't move my hand, he reluctantly grabbed it. I lifted him into the pelican, when he got his footing he made eye contact with me.

I saw something in his eyes, it looked like he was thankful. That ended as he returned to his previous state and ripped his hand from my grip.

As I sat down on one of the small seats a crazy thought ran through my mind: I had just lifted Mike with one arm with no strain and the average Elite must weigh about 400 pounds.

I looked over to see William and Emily kissing in the corner.

I interrupted with

"How long you been together?" I assumed with all the kissing that they were dating.

He turned and she on his knee, their gaze still locked.

"11 months," he stopped to kiss her

"We are planning on getting married in April." He stopped once more, ending the conversation, to engage in another wave of passionate kissing.

I looked over at Mike, who was rolling his eyes

"Alright you to get a room!"

I stepped feeling everything- I started to feel cold and empty, as if someone ripped my heart out. Morgan and I use to be like that together.

I looked over at William and said

"William" he looked up

"Don't ever let her go."

He just smiled and continued their kissing.

I thought about- What if Morgan was still alive? How would she recognize me? Would she still want to be with me?- how would I convince her in the first place?

I guess i could describe the 'medallion' I gave to her. It was a 2.5 inch gold coin with the USSMC emblem one side and the other was engraved "Don & Morgan, a bond never broken"

My thoughts were interrupted by William

"We are all ready to go!" He was talking to a screen.

"We will exit slip space shortly. You can leave after the doors open.'

Captain Veredi replied over the Com.

Emily gave William one last kiss ad walked into the cockpit. William strapped himself to the seat. He pulled out a cigarette and a lighter.

"Your not supposed to have these" he toke a drag

"But flying in the vacuum makes me nervous- you smoke?"

"No. never"

"Well I guess, it would be hard for you- you don't have lips." He stopped once more to take another drag

"You know what I cant figure out? You two act like you understand almost everything here. Like the car- my gun." He took yet another drag

"And what blows my mind id that you speak perfect English. Now what with that."

"The car is easy! Gas, brake, clutch- steering wheel. The gun is simple: pint and click. Well as"- the ship slowed down to a stop

"I hope your ride isn't too rough. Your free to go!" Captain Veredi announced over the com.

The pelican lifted up and started to move. What felt like an hour we flew through space. I could see anything but I knew we had entered the atmosphere.

"We'll be touching down in five!" Emily announced to us from the cockpit.

Part #3 A Somewhat Passive Welcome

The pelican started to slow as it lowered itself. William got up and opened the hatch and said

"Alright we cant stay so you have to jump." He pointed down the hatch.

Mike jumped first and as I was about to jump William stopped me

"I hope this isn't the last time I see you, its been awesome! Well good luck!"

He told me

"Will! In the future if you see more like me- never lower your guard!"

I jumped down and landed on my feet. I watched as the pelican lowered and released the cables on my car. It landed on and the pelican flew back out to space.

I looked around to find hat- nobody was here. We were in a warehouse filled with large crates. The only ones in here were Mike and I.

"So I guess we wait." Mike annoncued with disappointment.

He was about to lean on a crate. As he turned his back there was a soft piffs and something struck his neck. He was moved a bit, but even before he could lift his hand to feel what was stuck in his neck his eyes rolled back and he slumped down to the floor.

I felt something surge through me, I didn't know what it was, but it was like adrenaline but- I couldn't describe it. There was a soft ringing sound as things started to be projected on my eye coverings. It was a HUD. There was a motion track on the top left, a few lines on the top right, and a red bar a crossed the bottom. A small arrow appeared pointing to the right. As I turned to were it was pointing the red outlined something, a person hiding behind a crate. Who ever he was he leaned fro the crate and something wised by my head. I didn't stay to see what he would do. I dived behind a crate. I turned the active camo on and snuck around to Mike.

He was alive, just unconciece. The thing in his neck was a metallic dart, the side of it read "Mertech heavy tranquilizer. USE CAUTION" I pulled it out before sneaking back to the crate.

I didn't have time to think before a group of warthogs filled with people entered the were house. They stopped by the car, I took a quick summary: about 35 Marines, turrets, rockets- shit- they should have just brought a tank!

One of the Marines grabbed a radio.

"Bring the truck, we got one."

As he stood up another Marine, he was young- probably not even 19, said to him

"Hey Sarge! Why we need so much firepower? We were told there would be no fight!"

The 'Sarge' turned

"Wallace, shut your mouth! I ain't taking any chances." He replied wait annoyance.

His 'truck' arrived. It was a semi- Jesus did they need that!

I got a good look at the 'Sarge' his nametag read "Guntherd"

He walked over to Mike and kicked him.

"Sarge, doesn't it bother you that there was supposed to be two of them?" 'Wallace' said concerning.

Guntherd turned

""no it doesn't bother, you know why? 'Cause I don't give a shit! I hope the other one finds a deep hole to die in. So as I said earlier, shut your damn mouth and help me drag this bastard!"

It took them awhile to lift Mike into the trailer.

Guntherd hopped down from the trailer and said

"Im sure there's a reason for that one to run away. He was probably scared of me."

Wallace looked as if it bothered him.

"Sarge, aren't you taking this a little to far!"

"Hey what did I tell you!" Guntherd's voice was now raised

"Why are so defensive of these things?"

"Because its not right!"

"Tell you what, since you love them so much, when that one wakes up you can marry him. I don't know what's so special about these things! There not even scary! They're dumb enough to get in this situation- WOW"

Guntherd stepped back smiling, as he turned

"Go to hell!" Wallace said with anger.

Guntherd turned and punched Wallace in the jaw.

Wallace didn't look surprised to fine blood as he touched his lip.

With out saying anything Wallace turned and walked away. He was walking towards me.

Guntherd talked to his other marines

"Whatever forget the baby, lets get this car on the trailer."

Wallace got close enough and I pulled him behind the crate. He looked surprised- I know I would.

I put my hand over his mouth and turned the camo off, he looked more frightened as I started to materialize.
"Listen I wont hurt you, just keep quiet." I told him quietly

"Im going to let you go ok."

He nodded and I took my hand away, he stayed quiet.

"What ever I do just stay here and watch." I told him as I turned the camo back on.

Once I was invisible I walked out behind the Marines.

They had gotten the car in the trailer and some of them left, leavening only 10 of them. Guntherd started talking smack.

"Yeah, I wish I could meet one of these thing in a fight and show them that there not so tough." I walked up behind him. I deactivated the camo and lifted him off his feet.

He yelled loudly

"What the hell!"

I turned him to face me. His eyes grew wide

"Be careful what you wish for!" I mocked him

I noticed a growing wet stain on the front of his pants.

"So you think im not that scary!" I laughed

He started stuttering.

"W-w-w-how"

I didn't answer I just tossed him in the trailer and closed the door. I turned back to the marine, they all ran away.

Wallace came from the crate with a big smile on his face.

He looked up at me and said

"Man, you have a sick mind. What your name?'

"Don Caster"

Wallace picked up the radio and said

"I should call in, make sure thy are worried abut us."

He talked as he walked up to the truck cab. I walked up to the trailer and opened he door. Guntherd saw me and leveled his gun

"Stay away from me!"

He stood there for a minute, no knowing what to do.

Wallace came next to me. He saw guntherd's piss stain and laughed.

Guntherd looked embarrassed.

"We've got to get going!" Wallace announced

Guntherd jumped out and quickly went into the truck cab. I got up in the trailer

"You mind if I ride back here with you?" Wallace asked me, I nodded no and he got in. I closed the door and we both sat down.

"Wallace" I started

"How long will he be out for?"

"Two weeks."

"What were planning on doing with us sleeping for two weeks?"

"I don't know"

"All right." I said with a sigh

Once the truck started moving I lost track of time. It felt like we had been riding for an hour.

I was awaken when the truck stopped, I didn't remember falling asleep.

Wallace was standing

"All right I need you to listen" he started

"We are going to walk a crossed a hangar and through some hallways. There are people out there. I need you to carry your friend and follow me- just follow me! Don't talk, don't eve look at anyone! Don't worry about the car, it will be taken care of."

I stood, stretched, lifted Mike, and put him over my shoulder.

Once I was done Wallace asked me

"You ready?"

"Not really but sure."

Wallace pulled the MA5B from his back and opened the door, guntherd's was already waiting with a shotgun.

As we walked across the hangar I could feel the hundreds of eyes watching me. It was hard to ignore.

We walked into 'command', there were several people looking over computers- that was until thy saw me.

"Get out, all of you" ordered a man in a gray uniform in the middle of the room. I didn't know if he was talking to us or not. Everyone else in command left, but not without taking a short stop to look at me.

The man in gray walked over, his name tag read "Carter" he took one look at me and said

"Guntherd, I see you made it back from the Sci-Fi convention okay."

He paused and looked at Mike, Guntherd chuckled, but was cut short.

"Why is that one unconscious?"

Guntherd stepped up

"Sir he's fine we used the Tranqs-"

"You were ordered not to do that!"

"It was a precaution"

"Precaution my ass! You here Verdi's Message. He said that they wouldn't be a problem."

"Sir- I wasn't planning on taking chances. I was thinking of my men!"

This was getting annoying, Mike started to get heavy so I walked to the wall and set him down.

Guntherd continued to run his mouth

"I mean have you see that thing" he pointed at me

"If you had brains you would see that there is a chance-"

I cut him off and dragged him back into the hall. I let him go

"What the hell are you doing!" He asked yelled

I got in his face

"Shut up you loud mouth piece of shit! Im tired of your lip, its pissing me off!"

I noticed a few head poking out of doors down the hallway.

"The first intelligent aliens humanity encounters and all anyone can do is argue about how someone screwed up the God Damn welcoming committee!"

Guntherd looked offended

"Look why don't you just-"

I slammed my hand into the wall, denting it and shutting him up.

I took a second to calm down

"Get back in there." I told Guntherd as I gave him a push.

I walked back in, Wallace stood there in aw, his mouth hanging open. Carter was tiring to hold back a smile. Guntherd just stared at the floor.

"You two can leave" Carter ordered.

After they let Carter looked up at me

"You are the first person to successfully shut im up. Here have a seat." He pulled out two chairs.

I walked over and leaned on a table

"Sorry but I think ill sit here" I informed him.

After that we talked for awhile. We both asked questions, but it was mostly talk- just talk.

Part #4 The Audience of One

I was awaken, someone was shaking me, it was Wallace

"Come on get up!" he urged me

As I sat up he kept talking

"Hey good news, your ship arrived!"

We had been here for a week and a half, Mike was still sleeping. They had put Wallace in charge of looking after me- not that I needed it or not. Not much has happened. I did get to shoot a MA5B, Wallace got in trouble for that.

It was what I expected: the recoil wasn't bad, it was accurate to the point at about a 12 round burst. The clip size is huge, 60 rounds- that's more than a P90. Wallace tried to teach me to reload, but by the time he turned back around to help I already had another one in. My only complaint was the size- but that was my fault.

"Soo what now?" I asked Wallace.

"Your ship just arrived and we are going to take you both up."

I looked at Mike

"You want to try again?"

"Why not"

The tranq had Mike out like a light. It was supposed to be for tow weeks but there was a chance to get him up before that. It was just that he'd probably want to shoot something.

I walked over and tried to wake him. We had a few methods: water, slapping, loud things. I guess today was a good day, because he was waking up.

His eyes flew open and he immediately sat up, he looked around frantically.

He saw Wallace and jumped at him, I stopped him.

"Mike its all right, this is Wallace." I tried to calm him down

He still looked pissed

"It wasn't his fault! If you want we can take you to Guntherd to settle the score."

I told him

"Whose Guntherd" he asked, still angry.

"An asshole!" Wallace said

"Look- Mike? I don't know you but- hi!"

Mike sighed and gave him a handshake

An hour later we were boarding the ship. Wallace walked us through and we ended at the bridge.

"Alright that's it!"

Wallace sounded sad

"Well good luck."

"What going to happen next?" I asked him

"Im getting transferred to Arcadia and getting promoted for babysitting you" he answered with a laugh.

He gave a handshake and left.

I was about to take a look around the bridge when a voice came from nowhere

"So- your what everyone is talking about!" I looked and couldn't find a source.

Mike was even looking.

"Its not nice to give people heart attacks!" I announced

I noticed a flashing light on the center council. I walked up to it- it flashed slower

Something flashed over the council, making me jump back. It was a transluctant man on top of the council.

"What the Hell!" Mike shouted as he backed into a wall.

"Mike, its an AI- its okay!" I assured Mike

"I am Soran." The AI started

"I have been assigned to make sure you don't do anything stupid." He said with a chuckle

"Welcome to the Audience of One!"

There was a pause

"They said this was a stealth frigate, what does that mean?" I asked

"Well, a stealth frigate is 2/3rd the size of a regular frigate, and is equipped with the same cloaking technology as a Prowler."

I was starting to get confused

"What's a Prowler?"

'Soran' answered

"A Prowler is a small reconnaissance Corvette."

"Like the car?" Mike asked dumbly

"I do not understand." Soran informed us

"What weaponry does this ship have?" I asked quickly, changing the subject.

"A fully stocked armory, a Long Sword fighter, a Pelican, and a few warthogs. Dual MAC guns on the front and one on each side- that's all"

Soran answered

"I don't think they will give you anything else, they don't want you two a ship with the ability to attack the UNSC- that's also why I was assigned to the ship. To make sure that doesn't happen."

Soran looked closely at me

"What are you?"

"Sangheili, I am Don Caster and this is Mike Brook." I answered

"Quit giving my name out!" Mike demanded

"Ive grown more of a fan club in the last 3 weeks than 5 months back home"

I was glad he said 'home' instead of something else- I'd have talk to him about that.

"So, where are we going?" Soran asked.

I didn't know but I thought.

"Lets go to Harvest."

"And do what?"

I thought quickly

"I just thought that you would want to learn the Covenant's battle tactics."

"Well- yes. You got it!"
Sign up to rate and review this story