Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 11

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin 6/29/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-24 - 4532 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 11 Hard to See

(Lyrics Hard To See~ Five Finger Death Punch)

I'm trying something different… I'm going to try to place song parts to go along with the chapter

(Im growing so disturbed)
(Nothing makes sense to me anymore)

I sat up in my bed and pondered, like always before, on how I was going to get out of the Shield World. I couldn't figure out how I was going to make it out alive.

The ship had been in the Shield World for about a week, or what I would guess was a week, the Covenant calendar was strange to me. I figured, as I slipped into my chest armor, that I had a better chance on the ground, rather than on the ship surrounded by enemies.

I finished putting my polished armor on and stood from my crouched position. Soon after that I ventured through the corridors almost aimlessly. I still was wondering, trying to find away.

The drop pod bay was probably to heavily guarded to get in, and the hangar was covered by patrols and heavy automated turrets. I had thought so much about this that I had lost track on how many days the ship had been in slip space. I was screwed…

I turned another corner, heading towards Jar`Meh's barracks. I felt it would be good to try to make his last few days enjoyable.

(Im learning to resist)
(Becoming more than you ever were)

As I got closer to his barrack, a struggle could be heard from inside. As I peered into the door I saw something I could hardly believe: There lying on the ground was a dead Jar`Meh, and standing over him, a pair of Jackals, both snickering.

This was my reason to fight, if was going to fight, it would be over my friend's life.

(Cant explain, whats come over me)

Moving quickly, I walked up behind the Jackal facing away, and luckily enough the other id not see me.

In an instant, I reached my hand around and quickly took hold of his muzzle. Even before he could squawk in surprise, I pulled hard and twisted his head around.

I had turned his head a good 130* and let go. The sound of his neck breaking several times told me I had made my kill.

As the Jackal's limp body dropped to the floor, his companion only had a split second to realize their sin.

(Cant explain, why its so hard for me,)

Using the now dead Jackal's energy Cutlass, I swung up with such force that the illuminated pink blade entered his throat and exited out the back of his skull.

I steeped back with a smile someone might define as demonic, and watched as the Jackal fruitlessly clawed at the blade. Despite his attempts to live, he would never life to know he had failed. His life ended quickly as the blade, like its design and being of the same material as the needle as a Type-21, exploded violently in a pink gaseous burst. This was the part I strangely found myself enjoying the most. The joy of watching this almost tickled me. Even after his now headless body slumped to the floor, I found myself slipping into the bloodthirsty mindset that I had gone into years ago on the UNSC Hercules. I still remember the face of the marine, his terrified face, in a way, was the same as the Jackal's.

I enjoyed every second of watching the Jackal's demise... every detail... every microscopic movement of his face...

It was something one could not recreate in a video game. Even with the release of ID tech 6 engine or the power of the XBOX 720, neither could get the juicy details.

(So hard to see your side.)

Now... I stand motionless, unmoved, surrounded by the gore that has been splattered against everything... the cold bulkhead, the walls... hell, even my face was covered. His bright purple blood dripped from my face in heavy drops. A few even rolled off my mandibles into my mouth and I couldn't help but taste.

It was a taste that satisfied me beyond imagines... it was the taste of a fallen criminal.

I had a thought that caused me to laugh in a way I have not done before...
"Hell... I've missed the taste of chicken"

A quick inspection quickly revealed that the Jackals had cut his methane hoses, his breathing tubes. Before standing up, i slowly closed his frozen scared eyes.

There was no turning back now; i would be seen as a heretic of the Covenant.

Heretic... i had never real thought about this term. What does it mean? I always considered it as an old word for renegade... or rebel? If that was the case, was i already one? I had already betrayed my former race, and to be truthful... i don't remember hardly anything of Christianity.

It no longer matters, I don't really care anymore. I am going to fight; i may as well take some of these.

I kneeled down and picked up a Plasma Pistol from one of the Jackal.

"I should wipe your filth from the handle, traitor" I snarled as I stood.

Gripping the small, lightweight weapon, I exited the room almost perfectly silent. Once in the hall, I saw there was no one within the corridors and then quickly began to move towards the midsection of the ship.

I chuckled silently, as I moved in my semi crouched position, at my plan. I was covered in gore, if one was to catch sight of me, they would not hesitate to open fire. If I was to do this properly, I would have to attack from behind. But what damage could be dealt by this tiny weapon?

(Projecting all my anger)
(I cant seem to get this through to you)

Even as I crept down the purple illuminated corridors, silently moving close to the wall, I had flashback of my training day. I barley remember, but I had trained for this type of situation.

Eager with certain anticipation, I searched vigorous for a target, and after a short while, I found one. It was a Brute Minor, he had no firearm, but a Jiralhanae Knife waits in its sheath upon his gear belt.

Coming up behind him, quietly, I squeezed the trigger on the pistol, letting it charge as I got closer. Once the bright green ball of light formed at the end of the barrel, I readied myself. The weapon was charged, it was time to act.

I reached up and gripped the brute's shaved forehead tightly, he grunted in surprise.

"You will be my first, animal" I said quickly before pressing the barrel of the pistol against the back of his head.

I had no intention to let go of the trigger, which would do nothing. Instead I held the pistol's charge and continued to hold the green ball of plasma against his skull.

He screamed as in pure delight, I watched his flesh melt. His solid flesh turned to delicious liquid. His fur, his skin… even his now bare bone melted like butter on a hot pan. The plasma was quickly melting through his thick skull.

He gave quite a struggle; in fact he almost escaped my grip. The brute, in his last few moments, roared and flailed in what I would imagine to be horrible levels of pain… of course he was in pain, and that I enjoyed.

He went limp as the Plasma Pistol sank into his brain cavity; the only part visible was the handle. As I let go of the trigger the charge fired. It resulted in a bright green explosion that blew his face off from the inside.

(The walls are closing in)
(I dare you to walk in my shoes)

I stood slowly from my third bloody victim. With the brute's combat knife in hand, I wiped the gore off it his body and continued my way down the corridor.

I wasted no time as I silently moved through the corridors. As best as I could, I took a dive roll a crossed the hall as it turned down another to the left. I stood firm behind my cover of electronic counsels.

Was this the best cover? No, but it was better than standing in the middle of the hallway.

It's quiet. I thought as I slowly peered around the counsels. It was slower than it should have been, but it didn't matter. There was not a soul to be seen.

If these bastards even have souls… I stopped at the thought. Maybe they didn't….no, they would all have souls. My thoughts quickly complicated my mind, dragged it into pure confusion. Does all sentient life have souls... or is it in all life... do I have one?

I shook my head as I tried to drive the thoughts and my mind from wandering. Once I had come back to reality, I realized that I was standing in the middle of the Corridor.

Quickly, I recovered myself and pressed myself against the wall once again. Why was I acting like this? Why am I so distracted? It's almost nauseating, like having head congestion. Was it the smell?

Unfortunately, before I could recover my distracted mind, I was startled by a loud snarl of a Sangheili. I quickly found him; he was just off my right, he had come out of a door to the mess hall, an ultra. I did not know if he had thought of me as a killer, I did not intend to let him tell me.

Spinning the primitive, but somehow elegant, Jiralhanae knife, I lunged at the ultra, giving him no time to react. He had not time to snarl…no time to draw his Type 25 Plasma Rifle.

(Cant explain, whats come over me (come over me)

I swung my arm around and watched, as if time itself had been slowed down, the tip of the blade plunged into the Ultra's left eye. The knife went through his eye and eye socket with ease. It plunged strait in and into his skull.

The blade stopped once it had exited the ultras skull on the other side and collided with his helmet. The Sangheili went limp and I lightly dragged him from the door and laid him softly upon the floor.

I took his plasma rifle from the floor and gripped the handle tightly. With a quick scan both ways down the corridor, I got closer to the wall and continued once again down the corridor.

As I got several yards from where the Ultra met his demise, alarms started to sound. It startled me enough to force me into a full sprint.

I sprinted past several opening door. My skin crawled as the few, and quickly growing, number of people saw me as I ran passed. I didn't stop to listen to them as they growled and yelled in distaste and hate.

I looked back to see a mixed crowd of several species of Covenant storming out of their doors of which ever room they were in before. I gripped the handle of my new Plasma Rifle and raised it. With it pointed behind back behind me, I pulled the trigger.

(Cant explain, why its so hard for me)

The Plasma came to life as it spat out bright blue projectiles at an increasing rate. Not all of them hit, but the spread of the projectiles was enough to cover most of the corridor and the front line of my attackers. Periodically I released the trigger to ensure that the weapon would not overheat and burn my hand.

Continuous firing of the weapon rang out over the crowd until a snarl from in front of me interrupted. The sound of a Brute. I looked forward and saw that standing in the opened automated door, was a Brute Chieftain, standing fast with his silver glinted Spiker raised. His armor and his weapon glinted in the dim purple lighting of the door.

The barrel of his weapon flared in an Orange flash as if fired its rain of 4" spikes. The weapons' automatic spray of metallic hail caught me by surprise, and the flash of its muzzle flare was enough to illuminate the seemingly dark corridor.

The projectiles, at first, lanced to my right side, just a few inches if not a foot of to my side. The brute quickly fixed his aim and the spikes started to impact against my flashing shields.

I had a split second to act, I realized as I found myself still running at him.

In a fast, fluent motion, I spun around on one hoof as one would in a game of football. I quickly recovered and as I had planned, I was now just off to the Brute's left.

(So hard to see your side.)

He, in a panicked action, tried to swing their Spiker at me. Its dual blades glistened in the dim light and the muzzle flash as the Brute still held the trigger. It never the less failed to make contact with anything.

He swung once more and his arm got to half swing. I grabbed his arm tightly and with a few snaps, twisted his arm around to where it was pressed against his back. With one loud snap, I popped his arm painfully out of place, and in the same motion he "gratefully" handed me his weapon.

I held him tightly as my followers fired upon both of us. He screamed and fought to get free as volley after volley of Plasma bolts struck his melting front.

I thought quickly as my attackers continued their advance towards me. The brute was dead, the only movements that my meat shield made were his shaking from the recoil from the impact of plasma rounds, and I was in a bad situation.

Looking around quickly, I leveled out all of my options; I had to do something to stop them. With the Brute in one arm and the Spiker in the other, I stepped back and caught sight of an option. I started to shoot the heavy handheld weapon at the door control. With the trigger squeezed, the muzzle once again glowed red as it flared from exiting spikes railed themselves at the door panel.

(Your side…)

It took about half of the Spiker's clip before the door started to closing. The door flashed red and slammed shut, not tightly closed.

I stood motionless, breathing heavily from adrenaline. With a heavy exhale, I dropped the disgusting, dripping corpse and immediately started to wipe his filth stained upon my armor.

I took a moment to gather my senses. I slide the plasma rifle on my left hip and gathered two plasma grenades from what was left of the brute.

As I stood up firmly, Spiker in hand, I sighed and turned down the hall. As I started to continue my way, I slipped into realization that my fight was far from over.

I checked the Spiker's magazine and reloaded it seeing it was below the half empty mark. I scanned the area, Spiker raised in case of anyone else who wanted to try their luck with me. Seeing no one I continued down the hall.

I kept a fairly fast pace as I ventured towards my two means of escape. Both means were still available. I could either escape via drop pod or aircraft. I was closer to the drop pod bay, although both were near one another; I was going to the pod bay.

As I got closer and closer to the drop pod bay, I could see signs leading to the pod bay. The corridor turned to the left and there, a crossed the bend, was the overlooking window which ran along the wall following the corridor for a few hundred yards. I was pleased to see that there was a line of flight ready Type-31 XMF Seraph fighters.

Just as I was about to round the corner, I heard talking. I quickly pressed myself against the wall and peeked from the corner. I pulled my head back into cover too quickly to fully count the number or who was there around the corner, but I counted about three honor guards.

It looked like one had seen me, or smelt the gore stained on my armor. There was a loud crack of an energy sword. Yes… they had seen me.

(I wont see your side)

I hunched down low to the floor. My leg muscles tense, coiled with anticipation. My heart beat wildly, filled with adrenaline. I was waiting for the right moment.

My time quickly came, as a pair of Sangheili Honor Guards armed with Energy Staves walked started to advance passed the corner, unknowing of my waiting silhouette. I dove out with a loud snarl at the closest one. The force of our colliding masses was enough to send both of us into slamming into the window overlooking the hangar, leaving it with an almost invisible hairline fracture.

The honor guard snarled in a mix of anger and pain as his back slammed against the glass. As the honor guard struggled to free himself, I could see the others reflection. The other was preparing to stab me in the side. With a quick motion, I let go with one hand and turned, resulting in the stab to miss me by centimeters. I gripped the stabbers weapon with my free hand. My grip along with my strength stopped his stave cold. I jerked him towards me and lowered my left shoulder. I shoved my shoulder hard into his upper abdomen. He stumbled back a step with a gasp; his grip loosened only a little.

To counter his movement, I jerked him back once again and as he came back, I sent my upper knee into his gut. My knee hit him with so much force that it lifted him from the floor. He let go of the stave and landed on the floor hard.

He landed on his front and found himself breathless. Seeing this he, in desperation, tried to raise him-self up and get away. By this time however, I had already raised my now acquired Energy Stave to head level. In a quick downward swing, I plunged the blade down into the Honor Guard's back. Neither his armor nor his spine slowed the blades swing in the least. The Honor Guard fell limp as his flesh and his organs burned from the Plasma emitted from the energized blade.

(Cant explain, whats come over me (come over me)
(Cant explain, why its so hard for me)

(So hard to see your side.)

Start Guitar solo half 1

I quickly dislodged the blade from the Sangheili's back and spun the butt if the stave around in a counterclockwise motion. The Butt end collided with another Honor Guard's face; his attempts to attack my flank did not end well for him.

He screamed as his head jerked to his left from the force of the impact of the stave's skull cracking strike upon his face. He recovered quickly and with a snarl, swung his energy sword horizontally. This attack was easily dodged as I jumped slightly backwards. Once his arm passed once more as he swung again, I grabbed his arm and swiftly brought my knee up and snapped his arm, inverting it at the elbow. He instantly dropped the sword and hollered in pain.

I let him go and turned as; once again, another Honor Guard approached form behind. This one tried to catch me off-guard with an upward swipe of his Energy sword. I brought the energy stave and watched his energy sword slice it at a midpoint half.

The blade end of the Stave glowed as it prepared to self-destruct. Its energy channel had been broken and had become unstable. I dropped the butt end of the stave and the honor guard swung again, this time I dodged to his side and shoved the Blade end into his back.

He turned to face me; he was still unknowing of what had happened. I brought up my leg hoof and kicked him hard. He stumbled back into two now arriving Honor Guards. As the made contact, he exploded. They weren't killed, but defiantly blown back against the wall.

"Come here and meet your demise heretic!" a loud authoritative voice commanded. His voice echoed through the corridor.

I turned to see the commanding Sangheili who challenged me. It was a Sangheili that towered over me. He stood strong with dual energy swords wielded, one in each hand. He wore silver decorated armor that matching his 10 ft. stature. I realized who it was: Ripa 'Moramee.

Most of the Covenant would see him as an "enlightened one"… I was not a fool

"You are not a god, nor are your prophets!" I snarled at him in distaste.

[start guitar solo part 2]

He readied himself and lunged at me, swinging both his swords diagonally. The attack missed me bye inches. He quickly forced himself into another attack quickly. I dodged several of his horizontal swipes; all which had been barley skimmed my body. I was quickly running out of time, my back had pressed against the wall. Ripa grew a wide smile and prepared for his killing strike.

I took a diving roll passed his legs, this took him by surprise, and he had no time to act. I stood quickly as he tried to slash backwards at me. As he started to turn, I performed a sweeper kick which tripped his large mass to his hands and knees.

Before he could stand back up, I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him back. I pulled him so he was on his knees. I held him tight, choking him slowly. I was going to make this bastard suffer. I made him hurt, I made him almost to the point of bleeding, I knew that he was responsible for millions of deaths, both human and covenant. I soon became lost in the moment, in blood lust.

I was tackled hard from my right. Whoever it was did it with such force that it sent both of us crashing through the window. We both fell a good 20 ft. and he landed on top of me as we slammed into the roof of a Seraph. I gasped from his weight and he didn't seem to like it either.

(Cant explain, whats come over me (come over me)
(Cant explain, why its so hard for me,)
(So hard to see your side.)

He, a Brute chieftain, stood above me and started to unhook his Spiker. I rolled painfully back to my hooves and lunged at him. With a hard swing, he attempted to hit me with the weapon. I dodged around this attacker like before as I unsheathed the Combat knife. He turned slightly as I plunged the knife down at his head. This resulted it going through his helmet, as well as his armored skull. The chieftain fell like a rock, his front slammed against the Seraphs roof and started to spill gore all over the craft.

I pulled the knife out as a volley of Type 21 needles lanced around me, ricocheting off of the purple curvatious metal in several directions. Few struck home and damaged my shields. I lowered my head and rushed to the roof hatch of the Seraph. By the time that I had opened the roof hatch, there were several types of projectiles racing passed me.

I quickly hopped in and after locking the door, I ran for the cockpit. I sat down at the controls slightly confused. I have never flown a Seraph before, although there was a simulator designed to train pilots which was also used to train SpecOps. I learned the basics, but the most I had ever flown was a UH-60 Blackhawk back when I was human.

(I wont see your side.)

I flipped several switches and pressed few buttons as the fighter hummed loudly to life. The Seraph shook as it lifted its bulk from the hangar floor. Once the Seraph was around 35 feet into the air, I jerked the controls hard and pulled the trigger for the plasma cannons. The craft rotated left as its heavy plasma cannons fired oversized plasma projectiles a crossed the hangar wall and platforms. Several explosions made by the cannon sent all Covenant species alike, thrown around like a child's toys.

Once the Seraph was pointed towards the already closing exit, I shoved the throttle forward and was quickly pressed into the pilot's seat as the craft's thrusters flared brightly.

Once the craft had reached about halfway to the exit, the Defensive antiaircraft cannons at the opening started to turn to face me. Surprisingly, once the turrets reached mid aim, they stopped moving…. Something was wrong.

The ship, not the Seraph, the entire ship jarred and shook violently. I couldn't figure out why but if was too late to stop. The Seraph sped faster and fast, to the point where my surroundings were becoming blurs.

The hangar doors stopped as well as the Seraph got closer. Outside looked like hell, darkening as if night was taking hold.

The Seraph plowed through the fire and flames of what chaos was happening outside. Both wings of the Seraph scraped the doors on the way out.

Everything got calm suddenly… painfully peaceful. Quickly I switched on the autopilot and switched the side facing screen to the rear facing cameras. I watching in shock of what was happening, what I had escaped: the ship was colliding with another…the Spirit of Fire.

(YOUR SIDE)

I watched dumbfounded at what was happening, as well as my luck. I was so distracted that I hardly noticed a pair of following Seraphs approach my flank.

They quickly fired upon my Seraph; they hit the craft and caused it to shake, already damaging several flying components. I almost fell out of my seat as the Seraph lurched hard. Despite my attempts, I could not control the now fireball of my craft. I glanced at the screen, what I saw caused my pupils to tighten into slits: The Seraph was going to crash.

The Seraph slammed into the ground hard; the impact sent me into the side of the cabin. What happened then was a blur, the Seraph had started to flip and roll. It rolled for quite some time as I was thrown around like a doll. Then, suddenly, the Seraph stopped almost instantly. I was thrown then to the front. With a crack, my head slammed against the wall, this caused me to yelp loudly. The impact certainly fractured my skull. Quickly falling to the floor, my vision started to black out.

I struggled as long as I could as I heaved and couched up blood all over myself and the floor. I fell to my side, very weak, into a puddle of my own purple blood. My vision was almost gone now and my ears rang loudly. It soon became hard to breath as well

~ Was this my end? ~
Sign up to rate and review this story