Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Needy

Let's End This

by Noizchild 0 reviews

After all of the mess they have been through, Hisoka and Jessie finally talk and end their relationship.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hisoka - Published: 2015-04-26 - 531 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty: Let's End This:

Midnight on September 23rd, 2010.

Jessie looked over at Hisoka as they lay in the grass. "How did you know about Hikaru-kun and I?"

"I had a little outside help," he said.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Your little shinigami buddies?"

"Yeah."

"Figures." She noticed the somber look on Hisoka's face. "What's the matter?"

Hisoka took hold of her hand. "Jessie, we have to talk."

"Yes," she replied.

He didn't try to make it gentle. "We can't hang on to each other anymore."

"I understand."

"We would just be strangling each other."

"Yes."

"We don't even have anything keeping us together anymore." He paused, pressing his lips together. "I'm afraid if we get back together that I will relapse."

Jessie gently ran her finger along his cheek. "You are right. We are better separate." The only sounds that made things easier for them were the occasional car driving by on the road next to the park.

"What will you do now?" Hisoka asked. Jessie ran the question through her head.

"Be on my own," she said. "I'll manage."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I'm doing well. I know I will get better someday."

"Did you reconcile with your partner?"

"Yes."

"Are you still in love with him?"

Hisoka lowered his eyes. "Yes. I won't stop loving him."

"But he's married."

"I know. I have come to accept that." It felt weird to answer without pain in his heart. Still, he knew it had to come out. "I just want him to be happy."

"Is he?"

"Oh yes! I feel it every day at work."

Jessie laughed at the sour expression on his face. "I see you got you empathist powers back."

"Yeah, they've been back since this summer."

"Well good for you." She paused when she remembered another question. "What will happen to Hikaru-kun's soul?"

"He will be judged and sent to Meifu." He held up his open when she opened her mouth. "He knows the truth and he forgives you."

Jessie's jaw dropped. "He knows since when?"

"His death."

The demon struggled to say something. "Wow…" She looked at him with desperate eyes. "Can I see him again?"

"It'll take a while, but I think you can." This led him to ask one more question. "Where will you go now?"

"I don't really know, but when you wake up, I won't be here."

It hurt Hisoka mildly to hear that, but he knew this had to happen for him to fully move on. "I have one more thing to ask you," he said.

"What is it?" Jessie asked.

"Can we stay like this for the rest of the night and not talk?"

She smiled at his suggestion. "Aw, what the hell? We'll probably never see each other again anyway." Another car rolled by the park, rounding out the ex-couple's end.

By morning, Hisoka woke up alone. For once since he first met Jessie, the shinigami felt at peace with himself and his partner's marriage. He drew his eyes closed, smiling. I can make this work out/, he thought. /I will be fine from now on. Hisoka rose to his feet and headed home.

Owari
Sign up to rate and review this story